• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Fresh Start Server

Fresh Start?   39 votes

1. 1. Would you like to have a Fresh Start in BDO?

• Yes, with everything released at once.
    • Yes, with things released every 1 week.
    • Yes, with the same timeline as NA/EU had it.
    • No.
  2. 2. Would you like to get your $$$ spent on the current servers converted back into Pearls on the Fresh Start Server?

• Yes.
    • No.
  3. 3. If Fresh Start were to ever happen would you want P2P Trading? Or pearl items to be sold on the market?

• Yes, to both.
    • Yes, to P2P Trading.
    • Yes, to Pearl Item Sales.
    • No, to both.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

Posted

One thing that would better the community as a whole, in my opinion, would be to create a Fresh Start Server for NA and EU; and there could be several ways about doing this. These different ways could range from having all $$$ spent on Live be converted back into Pearls to be used on Fresh Start, or not. Release all content from the very start, one new piece of content every one week with maintenance, or the exact timeline NA/EU got everything. Re-Release all events, to ensure everyone knows when they need to be on to get certain things. Be clear on everything that would be released in a timely manner to avoid confusion among players. @CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo @PM_Jouska

Posted

Probably won't happen.  Too much work.

Posted

but why would you want this

Posted

but why would you want this

Guessing you're perfect, ayy? We've all made mistakes jumping into BDO. We've all learned from them, and for me at least - i'd enjoy starting fresh knowing exactly what to do the 2nd time around from the beginning.

Posted

Guessing you're perfect, ayy? We've all made mistakes jumping into BDO. We've all learned from them, and for me at least - i'd enjoy starting fresh knowing exactly what to do the 2nd time around from the beginning.

make a new character then? or build up from your mistakes on your current one?

why set everyone behind just so you know what to do this time round?

Posted

I can't help but think that the main reason you want a fresh start is because you want a refund of your pearls.  Me personally if I had known that pearl outfits were going to be sold on the market I would've saved my pearls lol so I don't really blame you for wanting a fresh start.  But eh whats done is done.  Ultimately I disagree about bringing a fresh start server to BDO.

Posted

I can't help but think that the main reason you want a fresh start is because you want a refund of your pearls.  Me personally if I had known that pearl outfits were going to be sold on the market I would've saved my pearls lol so I don't really blame you for wanting a fresh start.  But eh whats done is done.  Ultimately I disagree about bringing a fresh start server to BDO.

Moreso about selling memory frags like an idiot when they were 75k, selling witches and marks when they were 5m instead of taking advantage of the low price and enhancing, gathering sharps/hards before +20 enhancement came out and/or buy them off the mp before they hit the max price etc etc; but yea, on top of everything else i listed, refund of pearls would be icing on the cake. Which is why:

make a new character then? or build up from your mistakes on your current one?

why set everyone behind just so you know what to do this time round?

Your argument/statement is invalid because it's more complicated than starting a new character.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There will always be someone farther ahead of you, even if there was a fresh start server, I'm willing to bet you'd be behind people who knew proper grinding/life skilling routes to optimize and play the market. There are people making a billion silver a week and everything you've lost is so minimal compared how much money you can make now. In the end, there's no point.

Also why start a new server and withhold content? That doesn't make sense. You won't really get another chance to gather before +20 comes out even on the fresh start server. Even if you did, you can get 20-30 shards a day if you optimize everything which is the average per tri attempt. .

Edited by Adelise

Posted

There will always be someone farther ahead of you, even if there was a fresh start server, I'm willing to bet you'd be behind people who knew proper grinding/life skilling routes to optimize and play the market. There are people making a billion silver a week

Agreed.

Also why start a new server and withhold content? That doesn't make sense.

Would be a very different experience if everything was released all at once.. I wouldn't be to keen on that.

Even if you did, you can get 20-30 shards a day if you optimize everything which is the average per tri attempt. .

20-30 shards per tri attempt? I feel sorry for you.

Posted (edited)

Agreed.

Would be a very different experience if everything was released all at once.. I wouldn't be to keen on that.

20-30 shards per tri attempt? I feel sorry for you.

Average per tri, point is you can have full tri gear in a week if you know how to get shards properly. People don't tend to join servers with less content than current servers unless it's a translation/localization process. Even archeage, with their new fresh start server had everything released at once. Even then, the best way to gear up with how the game came out is to just not play until artisan memories go on sale and awakenings come out. It's possible to gear up way faster now than it was in the past. 3-4million an hour use to be crazy with grinding(since grinding loot was doubled post mediah). Now you can make 20million or more, easily(not to mention the attendance rewards). You can get full tri+59 in about a month without trying too hard. There are new players that reach 190 AP within a month of playing as it's not very hard to make money. Point is you'd just play a nerfed version of yourself with how slow you'd be killing mobs in comparison to how you're use to with awakening and 16+ gear. Regressing isn't very fun. The only reason for this "freshstart" is so that you could catch up to the current elite players, but let me tell you, some of those players didn't play at launch and started late or quit for a long time and came back.

Edited by Adelise

Posted

Not sure it really matters for BDO as new players can still catch those that have played since release. I started a 2nd account from fresh and within 1 month I'm back to tri/tet gear.

I definitely am in favour of a fresh start server just only when PA release new armor grades, new maps or 2 years have gone past since its still too easy to catch up. 

Posted

Not sure it really matters for BDO as new players can still catch those that have played since release. I started a 2nd account from fresh and within 1 month I'm back to tri/tet gear.

I definitely am in favour of a fresh start server just only when PA release new armor grades, new maps or 2 years have gone past since its still too easy to catch up. 

I find that reallllllllllllllllly hard to believe that you got tri/tet gear within a month on a fresh account. Pics or it didn't happen :D 

1 person likes this

Posted

Moreso about selling memory frags like an idiot when they were 75k, selling witches and marks when they were 5m instead of taking advantage of the low price and enhancing, gathering sharps/hards before +20 enhancement came out and/or buy them off the mp before they hit the max price etc etc; but yea, on top of everything else i listed, refund of pearls would be icing on the cake. Which is why:

Your argument/statement is invalid because it's more complicated than starting a new character.

and refunding all spent items to pearls is complicated but is still valid?

i see how it works here, your point has logic? INVALID

you play games to LEARN what to do, this is not a speed run where you restart over and over to get the perfect score as fast as you can,

plus why do you want to restart,

i bet you're one of those who are like, "omg i want restart cuz i fell behind but now i know what to do i can now become the best and better than everyone"

you know there are items which CANNOT be bought on the market? you know there are some titles that CANNOT be obtained anymore? yet you still think eh its ok we can reset it all,

i bet you won't even read everything i posted ;p

Posted

Average per tri, point is you can have full tri gear in a week if you know how to get shards properly. People don't tend to join servers with less content than current servers unless it's a translation/localization process. Even archeage, with their new fresh start server had everything released at once. Even then, the best way to gear up with how the game came out is to just not play until artisan memories go on sale and awakenings come out. It's possible to gear up way faster now than it was in the past. 3-4million an hour use to be crazy with grinding(since grinding loot was doubled post mediah). Now you can make 20million or more, easily(not to mention the attendance rewards). You can get full tri+59 in about a month without trying too hard. There are new players that reach 190 AP within a month of playing as it's not very hard to make money. Point is you'd just play a nerfed version of yourself with how slow you'd be killing mobs in comparison to how you're use to with awakening and 16+ gear. Regressing isn't very fun. The only reason for this "freshstart" is so that you could catch up to the current elite players, but let me tell you, some of those players didn't play at launch and started late or quit for a long time and came back.

20m/hr grinding? where and how? 'not play until artisan memories go on sale,' sure for the people with $$$, or people who stack loyalties rather than buying weight and such.. but even then, that's not true.. for everyone that knew exactly was coming (when, how and where) they were 10x ahead of everybody else when the content came out, and that is what bugs me because Daum/Kakao are clueless to no end when releasing content. And you're missing the point, full TRI armor is meaningless, even TRI weapons. You're stubborn, like me, so trying to express my viewpoints which differ from yours by a mile will do nothing.

i bet you won't even read everything i posted ;p

i did, but i won't respond to any of it; your posts are all banter that offer no calm discussion, much like what was happening with Adelise's responses.

Posted

This makes no sense

I understand the logic behind fresh start servers but with BDO it kinda loses all meaning to it since it was design with different mechanics than other games.

We also have the 3 exp channels for newbies and returning vets 

Posted

This makes no sense

I understand the logic behind fresh start servers but with BDO it kinda loses all meaning to it since it was design with different mechanics than other games.

We also have the 3 exp channels for newbies and returning vets 

I'm near level 60, it has nothing to do with exp, it has nothing to do with catching up, it has nothing to do with 'people are too overpowered to compete.' It has EVERYTHING to do with what the phrase means. Fresh. Start. I already explained what Fresh Start means to me (personally) here:

Moreso about selling memory frags like an idiot when they were 75k, selling witches and marks when they were 5m instead of taking advantage of the low price and enhancing, gathering sharps/hards before +20 enhancement came out and/or buy them off the mp before they hit the max price etc etc

To correct these mistakes and many more.

You don't have to agree or like the idea of a fresh start, but i do.

Posted

Really doesn't make any sense.  Any time you'd spend doing things all over again "correctly" could just as easily be used to do things you now know is the right way for the same net results.  Furthermore this presents a large number of unmentioned issues.  For one they'd be back to splitting the server from a mega server to individual servers, which defeats the whole purpose of them merging servers in the first place.  For two old issues like the poor state of node/region wars in the split server setup.  In addition to this there's no monetary advantage for them to do this, especially if you want them to refund the pearl items purchased and given back to people rather than encourage pearls.  So you're presenting Kakao/Pearl with nothing but cost but no benefit.

Posted

it's because my comments are all true and not in full paragraphs ain't it? anyway you want to restart most likely as you want to get all the money you've spent on costumes or function items on a single character which you wish to be refunded as you want to switch character.

Posted (edited)

Why not opt for a channel rather than a server, meant for new accounts with characters under max level of 25?

If you mean a fresh start as in a 'new account', there really is no point to that unless you want to buy into a alternative account since there is now a 'referral' system you can use.

Edited by Kaiserx

Posted

If we get fresh start server, then it means that some others wants it again at some point. So we will be getting a new server every now and then, so that newbies are happy.

Posted

To correct these mistakes and many more.

You don't have to agree or like the idea of a fresh start, but i do.

Big marketplace shifts happen all the time, so learn how to predict how it moves. With the end of the current attendance reward event the marketplace got hit with some big (and rather predicable) changes which I assume many people are taking advantage of.

1 person likes this

Posted

Big marketplace shifts happen all the time, so learn how to predict how it moves. With the end of the current attendance reward event the marketplace got hit with some big (and rather predicable) changes which I assume many people are taking advantage of.

for this particular event i too predicted the market shift, and adjusted accordingly :) I just wish i did for everything else..

Posted

Are you saying this because you'd like to reroll your class? Because everything else you said doesn't seem to be a good enough season for this, we all make mistakes and we get over it and keep going, the only case in which I'd understand what you mean is that you no longer enjoy your class and you don't want to start with a new class because you've invested $$ into your current character and this greedy game design doesn't let you share inventory slots and weight limit among characters from the same family.

Also that you probably spent money in stuff like costumes/Outfit (camouflage/life skills costumes).

Posted

Are you saying this because you'd like to reroll your class? Because everything else you said doesn't seem to be a good enough season for this, we all make mistakes and we get over it and keep going, the only case in which I'd understand what you mean is that you no longer enjoy your class and you don't want to start with a new class because you've invested $$ into your current character and this greedy game design doesn't let you share inventory slots and weight limit among characters from the same family.

Also that you probably spent money in stuff like costumes/Outfit (camouflage/life skills costumes).

these were my points,

but he/she will just write them off as invalid he/she did to mine.

Posted

No thanks.