• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How often have you personally experienced Sorc hate?

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've wanted to honestly ask a lot of sorcs this for the longest time because for reals this is annoying on some days when you just wanna have a simple discussion or enjoy the game after having a pretty "meh" day. You ever get that situation where you could be discussing something as simple as grinding, or 1v1 scenario versus another classes and for some reason or another some jerkoff with nothing better to do wants to list A-Z nonsensical reasons why he hates Sorc and will make ANY excuse to undermine anything you do as a Sorc or anything related?  God forbid they get rekt by a 240 AP sorc and anything YOU do personally thereafter is overshadowed by their traumatic experience, to the point they expect you to just one shot everything under the sun. Like no one ever wants to hear the truth from the typical or average sorc player, which is that it actually requires skill to play (pretty hefty learning curve cause Amulet is ridiculously important). This Screenie of the Reddit response I got is honestly just one of many instances that I experience from friends and peers alike.  Idk shit just gets old after a while, it's like they want me to say "uh ye I just i-frame and things suddenly die" as if I were being serious or some shit. Not every class is a ranger, witch, wiz, ffs.

Sorc Elite.PNG

Edited by Nexius
1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah its old.   What can yah do. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've wanted to honestly ask a lot of sorcs this for the longest time because for reals this is annoying on some days when you just wanna have a simple discussion or enjoy the game after having a pretty "meh" day. You ever get that situation where you could be discussing something as simple as grinding, or 1v1 scenario versus another classes and for some reason or another some jerkoff with nothing better to do wants to list A-Z nonsensical reasons why he hates Sorc and will make ANY excuse to undermine anything you do as a Sorc or anything related?  God forbid they get rekt by a 240 AP sorc and anything YOU do personally thereafter is overshadowed by their traumatic experience, to the point they expect you to just one shot everything under the sun. Like no one ever wants to hear the truth from the typical or average sorc player, which is that it actually requires skill to play (pretty hefty learning curve cause Amulet is ridiculously important). This Screenie of the Reddit response I got is honestly just one of many instances that I experience from friends and peers alike.  Idk shit just gets old after a while, it's like they want me to say "uh ye I just i-frame and things suddenly die" as if I were being serious or some shit. Not every class is a ranger, witch, wiz, ffs.

Sorc Elite.PNG

Imho, sorcs can really destroy most classes 1v1 with their KD-down attack rotations, but, as you have said, you need to be quite skilled for that. Same goes to ninja. I have tried most classes and I feel quite out of place with all but sorc. This said, people take for granted the effort that you invested in learning how to play your sorc, and think your perfect 1-shot rotation (that mainly relys on RNG-jesus helping you) is an eazy-breezy trick anyone with half a hand could do if they had such an "OP" class. I would like to see these persons rolling a sorc and see how "good" they are with this "OP" class.

By the way, if someone beats me using an OP class, I wouldn't rant, knowing the class in front of me is simply made to win the other class, why would I get angry? No. People ranting might give you the "sorc is OP" reason, just to hide the inner, more embarassing thought that they were effectively outplayed by a more skilled person.

Edited by Tinaral
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Honestly it is frustrating. Most people only see the strengths and none of the weaknesses that go into being a sorc. 

IMO our biggest issues are lack of reliable cc, ie a grapple, and our chase. The last foot race I did every class beat us, I had +4 movement speed of top of everything. (In case there is a faster movement rotation that I don't know about I use midnight stinger -> rushing crow -> shadow leap -> midnight stinger  etc...)

So realistically if we don't 1 shot some one they can just kite and reset the fight until they get a favorable engage. I'm not knocking the class at all because a good sorc can wipe the floor with most classes any day of the week. But I don't think of myself as a great sorc, I'm sitting at 201/195/250 - 270ish(DUO Seraps last night :D)( still trying to TRI my boss gear) and I struggle to beat warriors/zerg/rangers that have gear scores way lower than mine. When I play everything perfect, manage my stamina, avoid cc, land my cc, get off my combo and get a kill I'm like super proud. Then getting the gg sorc op is so frustrating. 

I have had may friends roll sorcs after duels because they think we are op. Then they realize what all goes into being a good sorc and go back to the fotm. I just wish people would play the class and see. But like most games people base their opinion off the 1% that has that 220+ ap. 

That is my qq for the week lol

Edited by PewpoPew12
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Honestly it is frustrating. Most people only see the strengths and none of the weaknesses that go into being a sorc. 

IMO our biggest issues are lack of reliable cc, ie a grapple, and our chase. The last foot race I did every class beat us, I had +4 movement speed of top of everything. (In case there is a faster movement rotation that I don't know about I use midnight stinger -> rushing crow -> shadow leap -> midnight stinger  etc...)

So realistically if we don't 1 shot some one they can just kite and reset the fight until they get a favorable engage. I'm not knocking the class at all because a good sorc can wipe the floor with most classes any day of the week. But I don't think of myself as a great sorc, I'm sitting at 197/191/250 - 70ish( still trying to TRI my boss gear) and I struggle to beat warriors/zerg/rangers that have gear scores way lower than mine. When I play everything perfect, manage my stamina, avoid cc, land my cc, get off my combo and get a kill I'm like super proud. Then getting the gg sorc op is so frustrating. 

I have had may friends roll sorcs after duels because they think we are op. Then they realize what all goes into being a good sorc and go back to the fotm. I just wish people would play the class and see. But like most games people base their opinion off the 1% that has that 220+ ap. 

That is my qq for the week lol

Yea I feel ya and many others do. I remember months ago when I was grinding and I thought I was ready for real PvP cause I'd wreck all the mobs and shit and I saw videos of some SUPER basic stuff. Lol did I get a reality check from the good sorcs, and the best part was, none of them actually took the time to teach me. They'd just tell me to "get good", egging me on to figure it out for myself. From that angle I guess I can see why people might think sorcs are elitist but tbh what other class honestly is so complex that not even the masses of guides help you to become efficient? There are some but definitely not many of the popular Fotm ones. When I realized that not only was I months behind top tier sorcs due to gear but months behind  top tier sorcs due to the struggles they've learned to adapt to through the various Amulet changes I wasnt there to really witness, it really made me appreciate what they did.

When I accomplished what they did on my own, it took months, it felt as if I was grinding gear and skill lol. It pays off for sure and it's just sad that people willingly allow themselves to hate heavily on a class with very little evidence to really show for it. Even in the cases I would like to look back and be like "well I guess this is why he might think I have it easy" there is none. I've never , outside of the brief time witch/wiz were garbage (unless huge gear disparity) had an EASY matchup that looked ridiculously faceroll and straight forward. Every match up is like a puzzle to defeating that class and on top of that not everyone plays thier class the same.

The combination of skills I use on one Ninja may not work on another and then BAM after getting stomped by someone really good, if you finally manage a win, you realize some odd ball or unique way to use a skill you barely ever used before or one that you commonly used but in a different manner. Sorc is alot more complex than people know and it takes months to really know what you're doing. Even longer to consider all the possible scenarios and combinations that every single skill can be used in the best manner.

Also sometimes you just need to vent dumb shit every once in a while, this is a sorc forum after all :D

Sorc reroll.PNG

Edited by Nexius

Posted

whenever someone gives me the sorc-hate thing im actually surprised how they can seriosuly believe that. there's a TON of really bad sorc players out there and they perform just as bad as you'd expect. How can you even for a second think the class is default ez-mode. Imo the sorc is not very forgiving compared to other classes.

Sorc can stomp anyone that leaves himself open like an idiot though so there's always that. But then again, who can't?

Posted

i've never seen anyone whine about sorcs since ranger awakening, other than blackhole (which is indeed op)

sorc is pretty weak against good players anyway so if they believe the sorc op bullshit they're probably trash

1 person likes this

Posted

Just say that:

Otherwise just don't pay attention.

Posted

Sorc reroll.PNG

LOL that was fun to read. Anyway once in a while i do get pm's like your class is OP and you're bad, even tho my gear is average and i never considered myself a pro pvp player in this game since i haven't dedicated too much time into it.

Posted

I'm at best an OK sorc and when I manage to perform I'm really proud of myself.  On her I have 204/191/270 and if I mess up a combo... bleh

Now as I said, I'm just ok, especially against 200 ap ranger/overgeared zerkers/musas and good warriors and the occasional good wizard. Then those guys tell me to "git gud" and stop being a baddies (eg; the 200 ap ranger would connect with me, knock me down then 100-0 me before I could get up... i have 270 DP with TRI muskans.... how do you "git gud" and survive that...) anyways, when that happens and I'm a bit annoyed I get on my musa (174/169/233) and unless it's a zerker... gg.

But even then, after I bring my no gear musa, the person will sometime whisper me with a get good shit OP sorc...

WTH is wrong with those people? Like... just wtf... It's almost as if they're just looking to hate the sorc because the iframes are "unfair" and they'll continue to hate on it as long as she's got iframes. I suspect that in their minds; a sorc can use iframes non-stop forever

Posted

I´ve seem loots of people that just dont know deep enough talk about the subject as they master it.

I just hit MUTE and continue my life, as the trash cant pass the mute block lol.

Usually i fell like we need to do much more effort to land good CC´s and maybe the cc will work and KD the target, then we are good to go with damage.

But u need to iframe a lot and use the CC at the right time, or else u get stun, kd, grabed or whatever comes, and u are dead.

If we get SA in turn-back slash i think BD will be start to look at us again.

Posted

No one hates me. Everyone loves me.

1 person likes this

Posted

I get hate everyday, not from guild members, but from a lot of other people.
but no big deal, let them hate, not going to let it effect my enjoyment of BDO.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0