• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

kamasilva for 0.1 % of players?

120 posts in this topic

Posted

isint the point of adding new areas to give PROGRESSION? O-o; therefore making it harder, but perfectly doable in groups would..work just fine? whats the issue?

Like back when mediah came out. Even the "top geared" used to 5 man sausans. ;)

Posted

Like back when mediah came out. Even the "top geared" used to 5 man sausans. ;)

Good times man, good times

1 person likes this

Posted

Finally an area for party play, for lvl 61+ top geared players.

But seems like OP wants to go Kamasilva area at lvl 1.

Posted

I wud say people on this forum are blowing the thing out of proportion again as usual, any decently geared 5man party of lvl 58s should do fine in Kamasliva. But yes you are not gonna solo it at least not efficently even if you fall into the top 1% of geared/lvled people.

And honestly this is an MMO afterall so its nice to see that new areas will encurage group play which atm is only needed for few things at best.

Posted

you sound like you are twelve. Witch is mid tier. it's not even up for debate. a Ranger, or Sorc, or Zerker shits on them in both grinding, and PVP. this is just the facts. how well you do against bad players is irrelevant.

It's really not though. Not my fault you suck at witch. Feelsbadman.  You sound like you're 12 based off the fact that you think you know everything. Shits funny. If it's mid tier, gimme some sauce baby. 

Posted

I'd like tos ee a Tamer trying Kamaslive. Looks like we may get splattered!

Looked great for grinding at 59 though the way those xp numbers jumped up.

Posted

top kek. witch is middle tier. nowhere near close to Ranger Sorc, Zerker, or Warrior. above Valk yes. but not in the same league  as the top tier classes.

pve? witch is above zerk and warrior

Posted

It's really not though. Not my fault you suck at witch. Feelsbadman.  You sound like you're 12 based off the fact that you think you know everything. Shits funny. If it's mid tier, gimme some sauce baby. 

^ ^ ^ sadly I am forced to agree with Randy, witch right now -is- op as all -----.

Posted

^ ^ ^ sadly I am forced to agree with Randy, witch right now -is- op as all -----.

forced. Feelsbadman, don't ignore me on discord. 

Posted

forced. Feelsbadman, don't ignore me on discord. 

I was playing minecraft >.<

Posted

Tons of video on youtube 60 lvl+ in PEN TET gear getting smashed by single kamasilva mobs.   Players wis stats like  230  340 cant farm in this location. For 58 ldl all mobs is Violet or red........

its mean for normal  players in 18 gear  this location is simpli imposibble if  these  boss geared 19-20 ppl dont fartm that location  

Party? Gear up in Valencia? What do you want for them to release the new content for 57-59 players 10 times instead of having progress? 

Posted (edited)

Kamasilvia part 1, don't forget that little nugget of info, there are more things in the works for Kamasilvia...  this is just the beginning.  After this its Dorran or some shit, I forget the name, dwarf and giant area.  

I mean I dunno what black sorcery and witchcraft they have to pull out of their collective asses to please someone as jaded as you, but pull up your map, notice how only half of the continent is available to play... Yeah, lets all just shit on this marvel of engineering and downplay the fact that all of that is playable space with no loading aside from the initial login.  Not to mention across the Magoria sea there is another continent that they have eluded too...  

Speaking of the sea, what we have is basically a taste, they plan on adding a bunch of sea monsters and one giant ass kraken thing I saw a picture of that dwarfs the new Eupheria sailing ships/guild ships.

It's not like they just press a button and *poof* magic, everything is made.  Also the fact is the cash shop is there so the people who make this content get paid...  cuz you know... real life responsibilities like bills, mortgage, food, rent etc.  But nah man...  not good enough for you...  try harder devs, crosspath is displeased!

That is what i said, no content in Kamasylvia till when...April for Koreans? Check how long did it take for Valencia...

If you have a successful game that you are making BIG bucks with, you can hire people to create content faster... And also bring something with patches, Margoria brings basically nothing but an empty dock like pirates one...empty sea with 10 monsters around... Underwater... Saw no korean doing nothing but a quest down there, once... New underwater gatherables just to craft some subpair belts with 50 millions+ producing cost, 2 cooking recipes...

Wow, and at this rate Gamescom will come and we will have no Margoria yet... Would be funny hah?

Edited by crosspath

Posted

That is what i said, no content in Kamasylvia till when...April for Koreans? Check how long did it take for Valencia...
If you have a successful game that you are making BIG bucks with, you can hire people to create content faster...

They should hire you so you could whip those whippersnappers into shape!  crosspath speeketh!  Let it be done!  I expect new content by 8 a.m. PST!

Posted

Probably less than 0.1% even, because top players need to be near gathering spots and the crap bosses (according to the lv60+ sausan grinders) ;-)

Posted

well maybe .1% are going to akaman and hysteria right now. So not much is changing. 

But where is the content for the 99% 💩, developping for 1% that's not how you keep a playerbase hehe onion head

Posted

But where is the content for the 99% 💩, developping for 1% that's not how you keep a playerbase hehe onion head

+9000

Posted

Not everyone is going with the group thingy. Best part of bdo was always that you can do almost everything solo, i need the independence. Not going to look for countless hours for a grind farm or whatever party..

Best for you.

With your mindset, solo RPG seems to be better suited.

Posted (edited)

Best for you.

With your mindset, solo RPG seems to be better suited.

yeah, ive played almost every (good) rpg game till now (for the last 15 years)...  Bdo is still supporting my mindset. If u dont like it, go play ffxi... That game was harsh, trying hours to find a grind group, lvling months just to reach the max lvl (which was a musthave for endgame).  Maybe bdo isnt your game?

Edited by Ayvaza

Posted (edited)

yeah, ive played almost every (good) rpg games till now (for the last 15 years)...  Bdo is still supporting my mindset. If u dobt like it, go play ffxi... That game was harsh, trying hours to find a grind group, lvling months just to reach the max lvl (which was a musthave for endgame).  Maybe bdo isnt your game?

And that's what a MMO should be indeed : multiplayer.

That's one of the main issues and deep dichotomy with BDO by the way, one from which many other spawn, and it got worse through time, morevover when the game went from CBT to OBT in Korea : the game wants to feed and revolve around emergent multiplayer mechanics for endgame on one hand (what a sandbox MMO should do indeed), but gives you everything to avoid that on the other.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

There's a difference between challenging-but-engaging PvE and making mindless grinding more difficult.  However, because I have yet to have personal experience with it I can't say which way it goes.  It might actually be more fun and engaging to work with a group and focus more on group dynamics!

Either way, the 3-waves thing that they did is cool and I'm looking forward to seeing how that works and if they plan to expand on that concept art all.

--

Actually this looks like it works way better in groups and was designed that way, the way that they put tons of mobs all around so that everyone can pull max.  I think the problem is that early on people were trying to only solo things or weren't working together well in groups, because these people are cutting through things like crazy—and look at that EXP at level 59. :o

Looks pretty fun, honestly.  Not very "engaging" but still focusing a lot more on party play.

If you do the math its a solit 3.5% / hour which is more than double of what I make at 59 with EXP Weekend + Exp Elixir + 2x Exp Crystal

1 person likes this

Posted

And that's what a MMO should be indeed : multiplayer.

That's one of the main issues and deep dichotomy with BDO by the way, and it got worse through time, morevover when the game went from CBT to OBT in Korea : the game wants to feed revolve around emergent multiplayer mechanics for endgame on one hand, but gives you everything to avoid that on the other.

would you like to grind from 1-61 in a group? Look for a party, with ap dp requirements, lvl or class restriction? Thats a big issue in other mmoes. 

i know im going to grind solo in kamasilve :) not going to share my loot with others

Posted

Maybe I don't care what they want me to do because they aren't paying me, I'm paying them. Just sayin'.

WRONG: Most of the best games create something many players feel they don't want, a challenge.  If left to the players everything would crumble.  Drop rates would be absurdly high, everyone would be massive level, and then everyone would get bored in a week and quit.

Posted (edited)

WRONG: Most of the best games create something many players feel they don't want, a challenge.  If left to the players everything would crumble.  Drop rates would be absurdly high, everyone would be massive level, and then everyone would get bored in a week and quit.

Having to group up with 5 people to smash dumb HP sponges isn't challenging for the players or the devs.

Proper engaging end-game content (PvE and PvP) with a balanced set of classes that encourages synergistic party play is challenging for the devs, fun for the players, and healthy for the longevity of the game.

Synergy in BDO is basic like knowing which classes ultimate to fire off in sequence during nodewar base zerging and where to get your Witch's etc. It is pretty 1990s compared to even maligned games like Archeage where Vitalism builds were beautiful once you got it.

Edited by WastedJoker

Posted (edited)

This is actually something I wanted to address as well.

They said that they were going to focus more on cooperative PVE content in the future, and presumably Kamasylvia was to be the start of this.  So when people say "It's meant to be for parties."  They're probably right.  PA's intention is to make Kamasylvia have people work together (hence the party-required defeat-three-waves-of-enemies system they also added that fewer people talk about).

However, I do think that there are better ways to do this aside from making the enemies so strong.  The enemies' AP itself is certainly an issue.  If they want to make it party-based they can make the enemies tankier like they have, sure, but the AP doesn't need to be cranked up to 11.  And if the enemies require more time to be taken down one-by-one by a party, then they should give exponentially better EXP (and loot, arguably) to make it as worthwhile as a solo grind.

The fact that PA recommends level 58 for Kamasylvia, however, is kind of mindblowing.  It doesn't seem realistic unless you're extremely geared.

Now, we don't know what the Kamasylvia-specific items we have/will have in the future will do.  One adds +3 Kamasylvian enemy damage and that increases per enchant level.  Reasonably, if someone works on enchanting Kamasylvia enemy damage gear, they might become easier to cut through.  What we've mostly seen are streamers showing off their first foray into Kamasylvia, and them not testing out things like the Kamasylvia-intended gear.

Even so, it doesn't seem like +20 Kamasylvian damage would make all that much of a difference, unless it scales differently and isn't just a flat AP boost.  If that's the case, we might be able to invest into Kamasylvian-specific gear like those earrings and it might make things a lot easier on us?  Who knows.

Essentially this, though.  It will likely do a good job of cleaning out areas full of people who are overgeared for that area.  Kamasylvia is (from what I've seen) better money and better EXP.

But still, investing a ton of time (Kamasylvia is way larger than Calpheon and is coming in 3 parts!) into something that only a very very small percentage of players will ever reach (note, most people will quit before they hit level 60) isn't wise from a publishing standpoint.  If most players are told "Get hyped, but also you can never reach this and will never use it.".  Well... not so good for business.

Nice post, but there is something else here that should addressed.......

The current level cap is essentially 60.  After that point you won't get any stronger from leveling.  Technically there are a few skills past 60 and you do get accuracy/evasion.  However, it's impact vs the 1,000's of hours to get them is barely worth it.  Eventually they will probably expand skills, but this is the current state.

If you leveled for the rest of your life 12 hours a day without getting drops you would make almost no progress at all your entire life.  All of your end game power comes from equipment alone.  It also becomes excessively ridiculous to progress.

A Paragon system or additional combat skills would really help to correct this.  Especially if they want to add excessively strong areas.

60+ Skills added to the tree in a new menu like awakening

* 25 SP (Healing improvement)

* 15 SP (Dmg to X type)

* 20 SP (Regen increase)

* 75 SP (+ .5% exp)

Without some major changes like this the value of grinding exp past 60 will remain nearly useless.

Having to group up with 5 people to smash dumb HP sponges isn't challenging for the players or the devs.

Proper engaging end-game content (PvE and PvP) with a balanced set of classes that encourages synergistic party play is challenging for the devs, fun for the players, and healthy for the longevity of the game.

Synergy in BDO is basic like knowing which classes ultimate to fire off in sequence during nodewar base zerging and where to get your Witch's etc. It is pretty 1990s compared to even maligned games like Archeage where Vitalism builds were beautiful once you got it.

All your complaining about is PVP.  In that regard the problem is you.  MMORPGS's are NEVER good for PVP.  How many trash systems before you wake up?  Over 1,000 already and they all fail, and you think BDO will be the first MMORPG to create a working PVP system?

MOBA's are made for PVP NOT MMORPGS.

#1 Players are already showing it's possible to solo the new content.

#2 Waaaaaaaaaaa they added group areas.  I can only solo 98% of the game!  I don't want a game that dictates how I play, but I can respect them trying to create group content.

Edited by Xpert

Posted

Try reading my post again and having another go at your reply.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0