• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

bidding Please remove bidding system

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I completely understand how the bidding system works..why your purchase fails, why some are setup to bid and some are not, and why they are all gone almost immediately (due to pre-orders and people clicking faster that me).  The process is of no value whatsoever. All this is doing is pissing people off because it is unbelievable frustrating.  What happened to first come, first serve without having to go through all that.  I have actually gotten off game due to the ridiculousness of it.  So many other people I talk to - it is pretty much their biggest complaint.

Please remove this system so that we can all go back to enjoying this amazing game.  Thanks!!

Edited by TaylaAmogin
misspell

Posted

The bidding system is very good. Before this system hacker and bots snipes the items out of the store.

Posted

I completely understand how the bidding system works..why your purchase fails, why some are setup to bid and some are not, and why they are all gone almost immediately (due to pre-orders and people clicking faster that me).

Well, it seems you finally dont understand how the system works, as right now, with the bidding system, speed is no longer concerned, there no people clicking faster than you...

I prefered the old system, because i used to be fast entering the captcha, so i could snipe items more easily. now, it's just all about rng. Speed is no longer involved.

Posted

Well, it seems you finally dont understand how the system works, as right now, with the bidding system, speed is no longer concerned, there no people clicking faster than you...

I prefered the old system, because i used to be fast entering the captcha, so i could snipe items more easily. now, it's just all about rng. Speed is no longer involved.

it was meant as a joke. and "finally don't" ? odd choice of words.  No matter though, there is no need for a bidding system in this game. People pre-order - just send it to them based on what they are willing to pay and first come first serve.  Then show the rest of us what is really available to buy.

Posted

Just NO

This System is finally fair for everyone.

Posted

I would rather the bidding system involve.... you know..... bidding.
Let people choose which amount to bid, and let the person who bid the most win the bid. 

Posted (edited)

it was meant as a joke. and "finally don't" ? odd choice of words.  No matter though, there is no need for a bidding system in this game. People pre-order - just send it to them based on what they are willing to pay and first come first serve.  Then show the rest of us what is really available to buy.

You do realize the ultra-rich would own the market forever and you'd never have the slightest chance of getting anything rare from the MP, ever?

Let people choose which amount to bid, and let the person who bid the most win the bid. 

Almost as bad, but at least the ultra-rich would need to be online when the item is posted.

Edited by Thomas Gore

Posted

Thats what pre-orders are for.  You basically bid what you want and if you pre-ordered the highest you get the item.  The bidding systems lets players buy it at the market price rather than 2-3 times the price.  If a base dande goes for 95m people with a lot of silver probably put preorders of 300m more or less.  If the dande passes pre-orders and goes to the market, it gives other players who don't have that much silver a chance to get their hands on it.

Posted

first come first serve = better bot wins

Posted

Newsflash:

That is called "preorder"

Posted

Newsflash:

If only this worked all the time. 

Posted

Ive been camping at marketplace for like 18 hrs as for now to buy a value pack. Had like over 40* unsuccessful bids. Maybe its fair, but as for me its straight ridiculous.

Posted

Newsflash:

no lie - almost 24 hrs later and i finally got my pre-ordered black stone armor - 50 of them.  I'm sorry but that's not better than what it was before the bidding system was in place.  I stand with my suggestion to just get rid of it and go back to what it was.  I never had any problems getting the items I wanted at a fair price almost immediately.  Not trying to argue with anyone here just putting in a suggestion.

Posted

I completely understand how the bidding system works..why your purchase fails, why some are setup to bid and some are not, and why they are all gone almost immediately (due to pre-orders and people clicking faster that me).  The process is of no value whatsoever. All this is doing is pissing people off because it is unbelievable frustrating.  What happened to first come, first serve without having to go through all that.  I have actually gotten off game due to the ridiculousness of it.  So many other people I talk to - it is pretty much their biggest complaint.

Please remove this system so that we can all go back to enjoying this amazing game.  Thanks!!

I think the only person pissed off is you buddy, the bidding system is good, before, hacker bots sniped the market. This eliminates it. Sorry buddy but your in the very little minority. 

Posted (edited)

I completely understand how the bidding system works.

(due to people clicking faster that me). 

you do not understand it then -_-

the only change the bid system needs is:

1: allow bids and confirming of bids to happen from the item get registrated and untill its sold (meaning from registrated and minimum 10mins after and max 15mins after: and the item goes to the warehouse if you win it). which would eliminated the advantage ah bots still got, afk ah bot use when your not online yourself cannot be combated without a true and functioning buy-order system though.

2: remove bid function for any item where there is more than 50 of that item already available without Bid function active on them. (to remove the annoyance of forcing people to wait 40+ seconds every time a new item comes up with lower price when being high quantity of existing items).

If only this worked all the time. 

it would need to be a system where you could set as many buyorders as you wished to do and the price shouldn't be hidden. so allow people to know what is worth spending time pre-ordering for them and what is not worth it for them ^^

a true buyorder system (also give 65% of the extra profit to the player selling it ofc. basically allowing a free max price decided by the buyer on AH, while keeping the forced minimum price.)

Ive been camping at marketplace for like 18 hrs as for now to buy a value pack. Had like over 40* unsuccessful bids. Maybe its fair, but as for me its straight ridiculous.

40 is nothing... many of us must be in the close to thousand tries without success... EVERYONE is trying to get value packs of AH, 10mill is so cheap why wouldn't you buy with silver if possible...

the entire setup of "sell CS item to others" as their "subscription must have excuse" is just bad imho...

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

you do not understand it then -_-

the only change the bid system needs is:

1: allow bids and confirming of bids to happen from the item get registrated and untill its sold (meaning from registrated and minimum 10mins after and max 15mins after: and the item goes to the warehouse if you win it). which would eliminated the advantage ah bots still got, afk ah bot use when your not online yourself cannot be combated without a true and functioning buy-order system though.

2: remove bid function for any item where there is more than 50 of that item already available without Bid function active on them. (to remove the annoyance of forcing people to wait 40+ seconds every time a new item comes up with lower price when being high quantity of existing items).

it would need to be a system where you could set as many buyorders as you wished to do and the price shouldn't be hidden. so allow people to know what is worth spending time pre-ordering for them and what is not worth it for them ^^

a true buyorder system (also give 65% of the extra profit to the player selling it ofc. basically allowing a free max price decided by the buyer on AH, while keeping the forced minimum price.)

40 is nothing... many of us must be in the close to thousand tries without success... EVERYONE is trying to get value packs of AH, 10mill is so cheap why wouldn't you buy with silver if possible...

the entire setup of "sell CS item to others" as their "subscription must have excuse" is just bad imho...

if you actually read any following posts you would have seen that i said it as a joke jeez

Posted

if you actually read any following posts you would have seen that i said it as a joke jeez

if you posted it as a joke, why post it at all? 

Posted

if you posted it as a joke, why post it at all? 

I posted the clicking faster to me part as as joke. Anyways, thanks guys for your input.  It has given me a better understanding of the value of bidding for certain items.