• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What is the point of playing this game if you are even remotely behind?

213 posts in this topic

Posted

They just want to be able to catch up man

Don't you want that?

Of course...  and they will...  its just a matter of time.  I understand the frustration about blowing up a half billion silver accessory and what not, believe me...  but just like...  fuuu man...  deal with it.

Everyone will or has gone through that, and its just lame too see this tired topic over and over.  It basically is just "Nah man, I don't wanna put in the some 200+ days to get on the same level, I want my gear...  AND I WANT IT NAO!!!" thats it, thats the essence of this bullshit argument.

Posted

So much nonsense again here "yes, everyone of the 100000 players can easily buy TRI accessories and TRI boss, all the time, every day".

Those items are sold maybe 200 times or so? In total, whole server, for the whole population. I guess even the dumbest will see that you can only buy an item at will, when it's available. "Everyday on market" that's like saying, "dandi and nouver drops every day, so why not simply drop it, too"?

This game is not made for catchup. And those stories who made what level in a few weeks, they're about basement kids 16h/day gameplay, this is a completely different level.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

you think that stuffs is the bad stuff, wait until you start testing game gear & AP/DP & comparing other classes then compare it to higher AP on that class & find you are still being out damaged by witch/wizard/musa e.t.c.
Ranger can still 2 shot equally geared players - never got that overdue nerf since release they needed.
Witch/wizards been buffed (kr patch notes say this, where as NA say the oppisate, yet have the same figures as the KR patch note) to awakend standards, But that buff was never removed even after there awakening released.
The fact any ranaged class can out Damage a melee in a Game is signs of bad development & this game has it on all ranged classes.
Then test evasion stat by stacking & find it doesnt work at all.
Then test Success levels of enchantment from pre merge to currentl system & find its been changed.
super armor not working at all  - taking full damage - spawning with the sheild at 83%
Resistances not working to match there %, due to a skill being off cooldown has a 95% chance of doing its CC.  regardless of your resistance stack from 30%-100% also tested with kutum & nouver.
Just that for starters....
then GM response "why dont you record it" WELL.... i live stream it  LIVE STREAM, saves disk space & stops "youtubers" stealing your content!
The more i test then find out the more i dont care how bad the other mmos are combat wise i'll concider it.

Edit: at least if your new you can work on life skills e.t.c. & save & buy similar level gear, still doesnt make up for the class differences issues.

Also we have been testing the enchantment system, some idiots say its RNG which it is, RNG= a %, but the average of % pre merge to what it currently is in game is not the same. its about double what it used to be with the tested items so far so 10 fail stacks more than if we had valks cry.
Also found some testing showing its seemingly easier to get tet in the 40-70 range for boss weapons (tested in KR way back when, this is usually the 70+ mark) & pri gold accessories off no stacks......
DO your own & make a post. as for me thats the final straw in out!

Edited by prymortal

Posted

Of course...  and they will...  its just a matter of time.  I understand the frustration about blowing up a half billion silver accessory and what not, believe me...  but just like...  fuuu man...  deal with it.

Everyone will or has gone through that, and its just lame too see this tired topic over and over.  It basically is just "Nah man, I don't wanna put in the some 200+ days to get on the same level, I want my gear...  AND I WANT IT NAO!!!" thats it, thats the essence of this bullshit argument.

Except my problem isn't with accessories blowing up? Those have been designed since, like, idk, forever, to blow up. I resigned myself to having to buy those premade ages ago.

It's just degrading on armor/weapons I take issue with. I canz forze pleaze?

Posted (edited)

The problem is when someone is STUCK at DUO because TRI refuses to happen.

And no, DUO is not acceptable for node wars.

Um. When did I mention 'just pvping'? I was saying that green items are fine for pure pvers, because they aren't interested in pvp. Nice reading comprehension and nice assumptions there.

Damn. The quality of trolls on this forum has seriously diminished.

Nice edit.

Also, don't get me started on how much work I have put in. And definitely do not try to use my crap RNG which causes crap GS against me, as a way to make it seem like I don't know of what I speak.

You've played since launch. Surely you've run in to others with my level - or lack thereof - of luck?

Stuck on DUO? So go -----ing grind for more money? Top gear players need mem frags to repair their gear while you guys have the luxury of using grunil/heve which is SO much cheaper to repair. Go grind and make money or go do life skills whichever you prefer, its not that hard to get TRI, do daily scrolls every week in a 5man group for seals, do field bosses for more. There is so much to do, especially on olvia channels where its like 10x easier. Everything was much harder when I started playing, yet I didn't ----- and moan about it, I played the game and got gud. Gather for hards and sharps, need more energy? Do quests and gain knowledge. 

You all just want everything handed to you on a silver platter and its these exact same people who are gonna QQ later about having nothing to do.

Edited by Zodiac
5 people like this

Posted

im still 'play' this game cuz there isn't nothing better yet,
one day maybe this year or the next one some other better game will be released,
just wait, anyway i can say for sure that you will complain about something other also when you will find the game that 'suits' you.

This is not the first game that i see having a lot of potential being wasted by stupid mechanics -_-

the chick in ur dp is hot, she into pandas? 

Posted

Dude what you talking about, this nonsense... a friend of mine just started 3 weeks ago, now he is 56 with full +15 Gear and Duo Liverto! Ofc you wont have Tri Boss armor after 3 weeks but wtf. You spoiled bonobo!

1 person likes this

Posted

The above is how I've been able to buy my boss armor. Which naturally takes much more money to upgrade, and for my account, triple that amount.

Right now I'm getting the Kzarka up to a usable level so I can sell the Liverto that failed 10+ trying for TRI. Meanwhile I've only tried PRI-ing the Bhegs a few times, because of my own trepidation.

Reallllllllllllly wishing I could just force them all up, but noperinos.

Ok, once maint is over I want to see a screenshot of the failstacks on all your chars. Unless there's some absurdly high FS in the mix there, I'm not buying the "QQ I'm always unlucky" moaning. Tri is not hard. Can it be a pain in the ass? Of course it can, I mean I failed Tet 16 times on my Dande, which means I did more tri attempts on that Dande alone than most people did on their entire gear so far, but I still got it time and time again.

The only pieces of bossgear that are relatively hard to obtain at this point in time are Hebe and Dandelion (Not counting Nouver since that's out for a week) and Karanda just got a spawntime reduction, making Dande more common. Bheg/Giath is being mass sold at the moment because of Wiz/Witch swapping to the 2 boss/2 roccoba set up, Muskans had  tons of sales with the boss gear boxes, Kzarkas stay on AH long enough to be easily sniped nowadays and Kutum shouldn't be an issue either if that's the offhand you're looking for.

At this point in time if you've been playing since release and have no bossgear and no tris you simply didn't put in any effort. Simple as that.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, it made it easier because it devalued the price of pretty much all accessories, heavily, to the point where you could buy TRI blue accs for like 180M each or something whereas at one point they used to be worth 350m-400m each. Also getting your first few pieces of boss gear is much more impactful than getting another piece you already have. The events heavily favored people without the gear because it made it so readily available on the MP for everyone to buy. All you need is pure silver now and you can get anywhere in the game. The current most geared player, at least I assume he is on NA anyways, 250AP wiz pretty much bought all his accs on the market with pure silver, TET basi, TET crescent, TRI crescent, PEN bhegs, etc didn't need to enchant because it wasn't necessary. Everything eventually goes up on the MP especially now with cuckao driving all these events that give free accessories and shit. 

Gundel spent billions of silver on gear, his equipments are not what a normal player can achieve in probably a year or 2.

Posted (edited)

She just wants everything handed to her because she's a spoiled house wife whose husband does everything for her. Her forte before she first quit when they introduced cash shop items to the mp was to get slaughtered in gvgs, then hide in the safe zones and talk shit to her enemies. When she wasn't doing that, she'd sit in town all day until she passed out at her keyboard.

b899bff69c.jpg

Tri boss gear is not a dream.

Edited by Xenon

Posted

So............ what you're saying is I need better RNG. No, really, you are.

I don't get drops, from bosses or from boxes (except today, laytenns). I don't win bids. And my enchants, with supposedly optimal failstacks, fail.

Also, selling everything from the free boxes doesn't yield nearly enough silver to be able to buy all the shinies.

I'm not the only launch player on NA in this predicament either - there are "tons" of us, and most of whom I know have quit because of it. I'm not talking about casuals either - I'm talking about people who had to spend 3x as others to just reach +15.

I'm sorry you're unable to comprehend that. 

Acquiring gear now days need not have anything to do with RNG with how readily available the gear is on the MP. Like I said to Joker, the most geared player currently pretty much bought all his shit on MP like PEN bhegs, TET basi and crescent, TRI crescent etc all with pure silver. If what you say is true and you don't have income issues, you should have no problem picking up items from the MP and gearing yourself that way especially since the event has devalued most accessories and people are selling them in droves right now. Yesterday I saw something like 8-10 TRI MoS go up and 6+ TRI witche's etc.

So much nonsense again here "yes, everyone of the 100000 players can easily buy TRI accessories and TRI boss, all the time, every day".

Those items are sold maybe 200 times or so? In total, whole server, for the whole population. I guess even the dumbest will see that you can only buy an item at will, when it's available. "Everyday on market" that's like saying, "dandi and nouver drops every day, so why not simply drop it, too"?

This game is not made for catchup. And those stories who made what level in a few weeks, they're about basement kids 16h/day gameplay, this is a completely different level.

Yea you can LOL, there's no nonsense here. TRI zaka are avialable for pretty much every class in the MP currently, TET's too from people re-rolling. TRI and TET dandi go up sometimes too from people re-rolling classes etc. Like maybe look once in a while I mean fuk, I saw 8-10 TRI MoS go up yesterday and about 6+ TRI witch's. DUO blues going up constantly throughout the day. There's no reason for you shitters to ----- about RNG when EVERYTHING is so readily available on the MP due to Cuckao's events.

Gundel spent billions of silver on gear, his equipments are not what a normal player can achieve in probably a year or 2.

It's fairly easy to achieve provided people know what they're doing. You can easily make 500m/800m a week with the correct setup and lifeskills. Anyways the point was that you don't need to rely on RNG to gear yourself currently in the game. Pure silver goes veryyy far with how accessible stuff is now days

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

JBDO/Beta player here. I have 0 boss gear and don't give a flying hoot. I have loads of fun in pvp even without it because it test my skills as a player and makes me git gud. Tri is possible if you don't rage enchant like a moron, money is easy, and as for the market been trying my hand at getting a dande for 3 weeks without a drop of luck, but guess what that's fine by me. Just take the game day by day. Do what you can in a day instead of making every day your end goal day. High end gear is just that END GOAL. Take mini steps and be patient. I'm not in the best gear, not even in the top gear but I still have fun. I'm THANKFUL there isn't a trading system in this game because it means all the work I've done is allllllll me. It's a bloddy fantastic game if you take YOUR TIME.  

I even broke my wrist in the summer and was out of the game for 3 months. Didn't have a single peice of +10 grunil when awakenings were out. Took my time leveling, getting money, enchanting. Just to give a clue as to where i started from after breaking my wrist I was 114AP/115DP and level 52 on 09/12/2016. It's possibly to catch up i'm starting to hit tri/duo on everything and I only really grind maybe 4 hours 3 times a week if that. You can do it, just git gud or do the work. ;D

As for the complaining it sounds like this. 

-insert veruca salt gif-

Edited by Mabs
1 person likes this

Posted

What is the point of living?
There are so many rich people out there you will never be able to catch up to career wise or money wise.
They have so much experience and they own so many things.

There is no point in starting, just give up.

This is your mindset

6 people like this

Posted

the chick in ur dp is hot, she into pandas? 

HO HOOO!!!  This guy panadas!

JBDO/Beta player here. I have 0 boss gear and don't give a flying hoot. I have loads of fun in pvp even without it because it test my skills as a player and makes me git gud. Tri is possible if you don't rage enchant like a moron, money is easy, and as for the market been trying my hand at getting a dande for 3 weeks without a drop of luck, but guess what that's fine by me. Just take the game day by day. Do what you can in a day instead of making every day your end goal day. High end gear is just that END GOAL. Take mini steps and be patient. I'm not in the best gear, not even in the top gear but I still have fun. I'm THANKFUL there isn't a trading system in this game because it means all the work I've done is allllllll me. It's a bloddy fantastic game if you take YOUR TIME.  

I even broke my wrist in the summer and was out of the game for 3 months. Didn't have a single peice of +10 grunil when awakenings were out. Took my time leveling, getting money, enchanting. Just to give a clue as to where i started from after breaking my wrist I was 114AP/115DP and level 52 on 09/12/2016. It's possibly to catch up i'm starting to hit tri/duo on everything and I only really grind maybe 4 hours 3 times a week if that. You can do it, just git gud or do the work. ;D

As for the complaining it sounds like this. 

This is the right attitude and mindset toward this type of game.

1 person likes this

Posted

What is the point of living?
There are so many rich people out there you will never be able to catch up to career wise or money wise.
They have so much experience and they own so many things.

There is no point in starting, just give up.

This is your mindset

well said.

Posted (edited)

This game is a scam. You basically buy into it and then find out you are never going to catch up to anyone. Your chances of getting to the point where you can be considered decent are incredibly slim. You have to bust your ass grinding day in and day out for even a chance for the gear you need. Even then, it's RNG. You can sit your ass down at a world boss for weeks and never see anything. Good luck getting your Dande/Nouver/Kzarka at the market place. It won't happen.

You're going to watch everyone around you get insanely lucky, and then have your guild turn around and tell you how insanely easy the game is and that you just need to grind even more. They give you these stupidly inflated numbers for some kind of vague encouragement to keep going. There isn't even a reason to keep going, you are utterly useless to your guild. And they aren't going to go help you. They don't even do Sausans anymore. You get to solo grind. If you show up for nodewars you get put into the siege weapons so you can twiddle your thumbs. Then everybody pats you on the head and tells you what a good boy you were.

Then when you solo grind, you get pushed out of your spot immediately because everybody else can one-shot you. Then you get to call your guild in so they can do PvP that you can't even include yourself in, because you have no gear. 

And then you get to go to world-bosses, where the people who do the most damage get more loot. So enjoy the rich getting richer, goy. There is absolutely no point in playing this game, and everyone who defends it is already uber-geared. Give me one(1) reason why there is any point in trying to play the infinite game of catchup that is Black Desert. I assure you that by the time you do catch up, the goalpost will already have moved.

I feel like you're speaking from a very narrow minded perspective. Maybe you can't think as well due to frustrations and devastation from realizing that you will never go toe to toe with the best geared. Maybe you just didn't express yourself well enough and I'm getting a midjudged view of you. Either way, this post is worthless and I'll fill you in on why I think so.

First of all, you're speaking with a tone that you represent everyone. Which you don't.. Far from it.

There are way more people who don't mind playing from behind than the ones who min-max everything they do to stay in the top ranks. The people who min-max everything and go super hardcore get burned out relatively fast. They are like the brightly shining stars in the sky that eventually fades away into oblivion while the other dimmer stars remain. 

There are a lot of people who plays BDO for other reasons than pvp. I for one played BDO solely as a single player game for the first 3 weeks to a month. I went around exploring this huge map and did all the diverse contents the game provided such as fishing, searching for hot spots, going around looking for wild horses and catching them, crafting, building my own little empire with the hired workers, farming, customizing my characters, exploring the mountain ranges and the seas, etc. You will probably say some bs stuff like they get old fast or that there are no depths to these contents. It's a computer game... I'm not going to be playing this game for 10 years. If I wanted depth and realism, I would look for them in real life. As for being a game, there are no other games like BDO that provides so many diverse contents in an ever evolving world controlled by hundreds of thousands of players. 

There are a lot of people who are individually better skilled than the uber geared opponents they face and overcome day in and day out. BDO is not a game where a really geared person can come into range, lock onto their targets, and press a key to delete their target. A lot of skills involve aiming and even if they have perfect aim that just hits every single time, there are defensive mechanism called i-frames you can utilize. A really clear example of how much skills goes into playing this game can easily be seen from a Musa vs Maehwa match up where they have to dance for a very long time until someone messes up or lands a miraculously perfect skill. 

Honestly, I don't even know why I bother replying to you. Maybe it's because I haven't been on the forums for a long time and I miss putting idiots in their place?

Are you really really complaining that someone who put way more hours into the game than you is stronger? That someone who puts in more work gets rewarded more? 

How is BDO an infinite game of catch up? It gets incredibly hard to level once you get to around 60. Anyone lower level definitely has the chance to catch up to the higher levels.

Same for gear.. Everything just becomes exponentially harder to enchant as it gets to higher enchantment levels. People who have those OP gears earned those gears through hard work and effort! After putting in no effort and hard work, why are you sitting on your lazy ass doing nothing but complaining that everything is not handed to you?

I really love and enjoy your ignorance. Didn't Dande and Nouver just come out recently on NA(correct me if I'm wrong)? And you expect them to be easily distributable... Dande is still a huge rarity on the Korean servers and people would sit in front of the marketplace for weeks with the money in hand and still not get it.

You're basically complaining that an aerospace engineer who studied 100 times more than you makes more money than you do at Mc Donald's. Where is the sense in that?

PS - If anyone is responding to my comment, I suggest you quote me because I'm not going to read through this post and your response will be missed.

Edited by Fantality
2 people like this

Posted

Thank you, many backsets but it's all part of the game and you just keep pushing :D

1 person likes this

Posted

So many people getting triggered left and right its insane.

Posted

Yea you can LOL, there's no nonsense here. TRI zaka are avialable for pretty much every class in the MP currently, TET's too from people re-rolling. TRI and TET dandi go up sometimes too from people re-rolling classes etc. Like maybe look once in a while I mean fuk, I saw 8-10 TRI MoS go up yesterday and about 6+ TRI witch's. DUO blues going up constantly throughout the day. There's no reason for you shitters to ----- about RNG when EVERYTHING is so readily available on the MP due to Cuckao's events.

what server are you talking about? so how many TRI witches were sold there in total? I play in EU and as said, few hundred in total for hundred thousand players... 

Do you maybe have a hard time understanding that "1 item available for every 1000 players" is something different than "can always be bought" ??

Even more with dandis. "Sometimes even goes up", yes of course. But at that ONE time, many thousands of players want to snipe it.

Kzarkas are sometimes in market, yes. Everything else is not available, only with big luck. At least not now.

Posted

Then you're bad, that's about it. There's no other explanation for having such shit gear after all this time. You can pretty much buy anything with pure silver atm. Tonnes of TRI/TET zaka weapons in market all the time, tonnes of TRI regular armor, TRI boss armor going up pretty regularly and not often immediately sniped. TRI accessories every day, there's no fking excuse for having gear that shit atm unless you started like a couple of weeks ago. Hell, my friend who started 1.5 months ago has 3 piece boss armor at duo, TRI zaka and Dande, and duo accs LUL. Pretty much bought all that shit from MP because its so damn available. Got most of it from selling the free shit cuckao has been giving out for ages not to mention that free shit has devalued items heavily making TRI accs cheap as fuk atm both blue and yellow. The problem isn't BDO or RNG LUL, its you.

where the ----- do you play? tri regular armor on mp yes, lulz, i make these by accident while failstacking and resell them, but tri boss gear on market "regularly" and not beeing sniped out instant?

dont even get me started on trying to snipe mid-tier duo/tri accessories, which is whats considered "high-end" and the end goal for most players (tri mos/witches or duo cres/basil).

oh and your friend who started 1.5 months ago just bought stuff from the market worth more than 2b? unless he was lucky enough to get one of those alchemy stones out of a event box worth 1b+ or unless he sold 5 cashshop costumes each week i call bs.

Posted

what server are you talking about? so how many TRI witches were sold there in total? I play in EU and as said, few hundred in total for hundred thousand players... 

Do you maybe have a hard time understanding that "1 item available for every 1000 players" is something different than "can always be bought" ??

Even more with dandis. "Sometimes even goes up", yes of course. But at that ONE time, many thousands of players want to snipe it.

Kzarkas are sometimes in market, yes. Everything else is not available, only with big luck. At least not now.

Then get the cash to out-preorder everyone else and wait for it to come to you.

Posted (edited)

who said pvp or world bosses or good gear  is end game maybe someone wants to be a guru fisherman, or  master 10 trader so they can make stupid ----- loads of money with maragoria, MAYBE they live to horse race/breed, maybe some people RP in that tavern in heidel its a sandbox game define your own path.

Edited by Darkleaf84
1 person likes this

Posted

Stuck on DUO? So go -----ing grind for more money? Top gear players need mem frags to repair their gear while you guys have the luxury of using grunil/heve which is SO much cheaper to repair. Go grind and make money or go do life skills whichever you prefer, its not that hard to get TRI, do daily scrolls every week in a 5man group for seals, do field bosses for more. There is so much to do, especially on olvia channels where its like 10x easier. Everything was much harder when I started playing, yet I didn't ----- and moan about it, I played the game and got gud. Gather for hards and sharps, need more energy? Do quests and gain knowledge. 

You all just want everything handed to you on a silver platter and its these exact same people who are gonna QQ later about having nothing to do.

OK, you clearly haven't read anything I've written.

This.

Posted

Then get the cash to out-preorder everyone else and wait for it to come to you.

You don't need to tell me how the game works. 

But the logic doesn't work, no matter how you look at it. You say "everyone can just buy it", and I say NO. Not everyone can out-preorder everyone else, only ONE will get the item.

Even little kids understand that when there are 10 slices of a cake, it's not enough that 1000 people can get a full slice themselves everyone. Even if the cake is sold via auction, not everyone can get it. Still don't understand?

Posted

So many people getting triggered left and right its insane.

Yeah...  well...  I triggered ur mom!  *swish*

Nottin but net!