• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What is the point of playing this game if you are even remotely behind?

213 posts in this topic

Posted

Cheesecake is a cop out.

Fresh baked baguettes, raspberry vinaigrette spinach/romaine/walnut salad, minestrone, 'sparagus done in butter with mushrooms, garlic mashed potatoes (skins left on, made with butter and milk), protein of choice, freshly made eclairs with homemade whipped cream and fruit for dessert. And ofc coffee. :)

It's clear you've never made a cheesecake. That thing is a biotch to make without a single crack in it. Plus how much you have to stand around with wait times for temperature changes. The list you made is wicked easy to make. I could do that in my sleep.

Posted

Been here since before launch. You have no idea how tired I am of people directing me towards failstacking guides.

I have been here not that long, failstacking is simple get gud or go home jesus like wow. you act like failstacking is the anti-christ

Posted

I have been here not that long, failstacking is simple get gud or go home jesus like wow. you act like failstacking is the anti-christ

This x1000 I learned without guides xD and being very confused.

Posted

This game is a scam. You basically buy into it and then find out you are never going to catch up to anyone. Your chances of getting to the point where you can be considered decent are incredibly slim. You have to bust your ass grinding day in and day out for even a chance for the gear you need. Even then, it's RNG. You can sit your ass down at a world boss for weeks and never see anything. Good luck getting your Dande/Nouver/Kzarka at the market place. It won't happen.

You're going to watch everyone around you get insanely lucky, and then have your guild turn around and tell you how insanely easy the game is and that you just need to grind even more. They give you these stupidly inflated numbers for some kind of vague encouragement to keep going. There isn't even a reason to keep going, you are utterly useless to your guild. And they aren't going to go help you. They don't even do Sausans anymore. You get to solo grind. If you show up for nodewars you get put into the siege weapons so you can twiddle your thumbs. Then everybody pats you on the head and tells you what a good boy you were.

Then when you solo grind, you get pushed out of your spot immediately because everybody else can one-shot you. Then you get to call your guild in so they can do PvP that you can't even include yourself in, because you have no gear. 

And then you get to go to world-bosses, where the people who do the most damage get more loot. So enjoy the rich getting richer, goy. There is absolutely no point in playing this game, and everyone who defends it is already uber-geared. Give me one(1) reason why there is any point in trying to play the infinite game of catchup that is Black Desert. I assure you that by the time you do catch up, the goalpost will already have moved.

i started 2 months ago and im top ranks and am 190/250. I have to add im casual gamer, mostly afk money.

Its the way you play it that matters. Btw this is a game, its meant to have fun instead of catching  another people

2 people like this

Posted

This x1000 I learned without guides xD and being very confused.

I happened to get a tet helmet a few days ago at 20 fail stacks am i good yet. it kinda blew up right after when i tried 21 failstacks after the 20 failstack

Posted

Welcome to the mmo scene. 

Posted

i started 2 months ago and im top ranks and am 190/250. I have to add im casual gamer, mostly afk money.

Its the way you play it that matters. Btw this is a game, its meant to have fun instead of catching  another people

yea sure... there is no way you can get to top ranks with 2 months of casual play. but on the other hand, "casual" seems for many people here already when you only play 10 hours per day and not 16 :)

Posted

This game is a scam. You basically buy into it and then find out you are never going to catch up to anyone. Your chances of getting to the point where you can be considered decent are incredibly slim. You have to bust your ass grinding day in and day out for even a chance for the gear you need. Even then, it's RNG. You can sit your ass down at a world boss for weeks and never see anything. Good luck getting your Dande/Nouver/Kzarka at the market place. It won't happen.

You're going to watch everyone around you get insanely lucky, and then have your guild turn around and tell you how insanely easy the game is and that you just need to grind even more. They give you these stupidly inflated numbers for some kind of vague encouragement to keep going. There isn't even a reason to keep going, you are utterly useless to your guild. And they aren't going to go help you. They don't even do Sausans anymore. You get to solo grind. If you show up for nodewars you get put into the siege weapons so you can twiddle your thumbs. Then everybody pats you on the head and tells you what a good boy you were.

Then when you solo grind, you get pushed out of your spot immediately because everybody else can one-shot you. Then you get to call your guild in so they can do PvP that you can't even include yourself in, because you have no gear. 

And then you get to go to world-bosses, where the people who do the most damage get more loot. So enjoy the rich getting richer, goy. There is absolutely no point in playing this game, and everyone who defends it is already uber-geared. Give me one(1) reason why there is any point in trying to play the infinite game of catchup that is Black Desert. I assure you that by the time you do catch up, the goalpost will already have moved.

I remember my first MMO

Posted

News flash, I installed this game day freaking 1,  started off in a Guild that pushed me super hard ... I played every single day 10+ hours ... and I STILL fell behind a good portion of the GVG'ing players.  Sorry you don't think it's worth it now, but it wasn't worth it back then either if you had abnormally bad RNG luck like me.  You think TIME picks winners and losers in this game?  HAH, think again ;)

But but.. If you atarted day 1 you would have known there wasn't GVG.  So how could you have fallen behind the GVG'ing players? :(

Posted

yea sure... there is no way you can get to top ranks with 2 months of casual play. but on the other hand, "casual" seems for many people here already when you only play 10 hours per day and not 16 :)

look at my profile pic, u see im at top ranks in 3 life skills

Posted

375 TRI witch's, almost 500 TRI MoS, 69 TRI crescent, 32 TRI basi. 2 TET bheg on the market, 1 TET giath.

mQTQrnQ.png

Currently in MP LUL. Can't buy items, nice joke.

Posted

We can all be that if we log in quickly enough after maintenance.

Posted

Because the game is AWESOME up to the point you start trying to gear up at end game.

I didn't leave the olvia/velia/heidel area for the first 3 weeks of play (playing 6-8 hr a day).  It is a phenomenal game worth the buy in cost, more than most single player RPG's.  Just a great living world, beautifully designed, with tons of things to explore and do.  Then you hit RNG end game where you think you want to PvP and it all falls apart then.

So yes, it is 100% worth experiencing, just go into it knowing you will probably quit at end game unless you are insanely lucky then you will think its not bad at all.

Posted (edited)

Work your ass off like those on top and you will be there too. Stop thinking that all MMOs need to cater to you or make it easy for anyone.

Edited by Slasher

Posted

I see nothing, just a few pixels. What's the ranks, which server?

Posted

So, basically, its like real life:

You are a Pleb, and there are thousands of People better than you with an insane amount of wealth and power over you. If you don't want to end as an used up 0815 worker you got some Options...

Either:

-You Work your ass off and actually do something in your life to become successful.

-You learn the "Little Tricks" and are smart enough to use the System to your Advantage.

-You accept your limits and try making the best out of it without being bitter about it.

Or you just end your life, what would be the equivalent to stop playing BDO.

You are unhappy with your Situation, either because you are pessimistic about it and can't realise how easy it actually is to become top tier OR someone just rekt "ez, gg" you and made you feel helpless and weak by reminding you of your position. (which I believe humans generally aren't fond of). I believe you just need some love <3.

Posted

375 TRI witch's, almost 500 TRI MoS, 69 TRI crescent, 32 TRI basi. 2 TET bheg on the market, 1 TET giath.

Just what I said. That's enough for how many players in your opinion?

Posted

WoW +155 reply  for another of this existential's topic.

I love this forum.

xD

Posted

Decent is between Pri and Tri armor+weapons along with Pri/Duo accessories and still it depends for each class. For example, PvE wise, a Wizard can afford to focus on AP before maximizing DP, while a Valkyrie needs to balance out the budget for AP and DP to grind multiple mobs. Getting Duo is very easy assuming you got all the free newbie stuff and managed to participate in one or two events that give you random useful items. Bonus if you managed to get some loot from world bosses.

In my opinion, at least in present time, Kzarka is worse than Liverto. They both have the same AP, Kzarka is at least 10x more expensive to upgrade and the ONLY benefit it has is the supposedly increased Accuracy that can't be proven. I heard that in future updates Kzarka will become superior but until then it's not worth investing. I instantly sold my Kzarka in order to invest in my accessories and I have 0 regrets. Rosar main weapon is arguably better than Yuria and should be decent enough until you get Liverto.

If you plan on investing in your awakening weapon, I suggest getting the green rarity one, especially if you PvE more than PvP. The blue one is barely 10 AP better and Dandelion is all RNG based.

if you're complaining that everything is RNG based then you might want to switch the game genre you're playing. I don't think there's a MMORPG where you freely get your best gear. And there's probably no boss in any game that revolves around your skill and reflexes to get the best gear 100% of the time (and if there is, I hope that boss at least 1 shots you with the lightest attack). Getting that item that has a 0.01% chance to drop feels better than just getting it for free. Then again, most people these days want the best things they can get without putting any effort into it. so who am I to define how you should have fun playing videogames...

I barely had issues with grind spots other than random highly geared bored PKers who just feel the need to disrupt others for their amusement. They usually come and go so it doesn't last long. Whenever someone wanted to steal my grind spot and we were both alone, either I retaliated to defend my spot or flee if they're too strong. If I flee, depending on my mood, I either change channels or continue grinding and make the person PK me until their karma gets near the 0 mark. At that point they will usually ask you to leave. If you refuse and continue grinding, they will change channels. The only times I couldn't do this was against a group because it takes too many deaths to force them to move away from my grinding spot

For world bosses I suggest going to them regardless of what boss appears. Yes, top DPS get their drops but if there's less than ~80 people then you'll always get drops. Bosses like Red Nose and Kutum are the best bosses for newbies to tackle on because the fancy top geared players can't be bothered with it. I got over 45mil just from doing Red Nose due to Awakening Boxes and Liverto Bundles. I don't think I hit the 25mil value with Mudster and Karanda combined. Sometimes I wonder if it's cost efficient to make Pen grunil, Pen Liverto, Pen green awakening weapon and Pen pure AP secondary instead of grinding for boss gear and upgrading it. Because for me it looks like you should focus on boss gear when you don't know what to do with your silver.

I'm not part of any guild and I refuse to join because I find no reason to do it and neither should you. PvP is unbalanced as it is and the only time you need a party in PvE is for protection during grinding (and you don't need a guild for that since you can simply find a party for it). If I'm going to annoy a person from a guild and make him/her get their buddies to gang up on me, then it's a nice challenge to deal with. If I somehow manage to annoy a whole guild to PK me on sight, then it only makes the game more fun and exciting. Node wars and even guild wars are for those who like to be the main characters of group fights (aka top geared players). Everything else but top geared players in a guild are just cannon fodder or slaves.

I would should mention the fact that this is a sandbox MMORPG with not a lot of elements to begin with. You should focus on creating your own goals. Examples such as getting S rank on every mob, get all the titles, or catch the biggest fishes on the server. My current goal is to get every piece of Knowledge in the game and then getting all mobs to S rank. If you can't think of any goal then you won't have too much fun.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can grind up to 58.99. The pros of using Olvia is people are mostly new players there and there's less competition for reasons you've already mentioned. Also, if I'm not mistaken, weekend xp buff is +100% while olvia is +200% all time, granted they don't benefit from additional xp events.

And weekend XP buff was an extra 100% that added up to 200% so same than Olvia, oh lord...

A friend tested it last weekend checking xp of chimeras per kill... And ended up playing in normal servers during the weekend cause everywhere was full of people...

Posted

Um... failstacking is love, failstacking is life? Your comment confuses me :/

Posted

Well servers are up now, you should be able to show me some failstacks now that make the RNG blessed drool right? Why don't you show us just how much effort you put into getting tris?

Posted

NA server, and your argument is retarded. I'm saying they can always be bought because they go up fairly frequently and they will continue to go up. If you're too shit to get the silver to pre-order a winning bid then that's not my fault. Also if I recall there's been like 360+ sold on NA for witches probably more MoS idk. Will check when servers are up. The only stuff that's rare is TET accessories obv and DUO+ ogres. On NA we've had 9 TET witches go up so its whatevs. Also HAHAHA hundred thousand players nice joke kid LOL. 

Yes, there were those items. Yes, somebody could buy those. And still no, not everyone can. Because of numbers. No matter how you turn it. You can't say "everyone can just buy them" and in next sentence "just out-preorder everyone". Because that works only for ONE.

I stop to discuss here, you seem to have the intellect of an ape. Although... no, I think that even most animals are aware of the concept "not enough for everyone".

Posted

Just what I said. That's enough for how many players in your opinion?

Quite a large amount for players that aspire to be competitive. Considering that over 2500+ DUO blue accessories have been sold which are more than enough to compete in node wars and OWPvP. And obviously these are just the ones that have been sold. I'm sure there are plenty of players that make them themselves and don't need to buy them from MP. That and the abundance of TRI/TET zaka weapons in MP and the frequency at which boss gear is posted daily gives no one an excuse to be in shit gear currently. Like I said, if we were having this argument like 6 or more months ago then I would agree, but currently there's such an abundance of gear being posted on the MP daily that it's no longer an issue.  

Posted (edited)

Quite a large amount for players that aspire to be competitive.

Don't be silly. 300 earrings are enough for exactly 150 players, not more - doesnt matter if preorder, or how much, that's the limit for buying on market.

DUO blue accessories

Oh, so now we're already back to DUO and your assumption that everyone can have the required luck to make TRI out of those, nice.

Why not go further back to PRI, or even +0. And also say that TET and PEN is easily obtainable by everyone, because someone sold 1 item of those? Same logic.

Edited by Spartakatz