• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What is the point of playing this game if you are even remotely behind?

213 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This game is a scam. You basically buy into it and then find out you are never going to catch up to anyone. Your chances of getting to the point where you can be considered decent are incredibly slim. You have to bust your ass grinding day in and day out for even a chance for the gear you need. Even then, it's RNG. You can sit your ass down at a world boss for weeks and never see anything. Good luck getting your Dande/Nouver/Kzarka at the market place. It won't happen.

You're going to watch everyone around you get insanely lucky, and then have your guild turn around and tell you how insanely easy the game is and that you just need to grind even more. They give you these stupidly inflated numbers for some kind of vague encouragement to keep going. There isn't even a reason to keep going, you are utterly useless to your guild. And they aren't going to go help you. They don't even do Sausans anymore. You get to solo grind. If you show up for nodewars you get put into the siege weapons so you can twiddle your thumbs. Then everybody pats you on the head and tells you what a good boy you were.

Then when you solo grind, you get pushed out of your spot immediately because everybody else can one-shot you. Then you get to call your guild in so they can do PvP that you can't even include yourself in, because you have no gear. 

And then you get to go to world-bosses, where the people who do the most damage get more loot. So enjoy the rich getting richer, goy. There is absolutely no point in playing this game, and everyone who defends it is already uber-geared. Give me one(1) reason why there is any point in trying to play the infinite game of catchup that is Black Desert. I assure you that by the time you do catch up, the goalpost will already have moved.

You got free boss gear, you got free yellow jewelry twice in the last week, you have an event that gave you more yellow jewelry plus other items...... So I will say this. For those of us that started this game when it first came out, we didn't get any of this stuff AT ALL. We also didn't have EXP weekends to boost us. When someone hit level 50 or higher, it was a real accomplishment but now it takes 2 hours to get what took some of us MONTHS to get. We didn't have Sausans back then either nor Valencia nor Pirates. Some of us have grinded for almost an entire year to get our gear and some of us find it a slap in the face that people who have played a month think they should be on the same level as someone who has put in a full year with this game.

Edited by TeRRoRibleOne
4 people like this

Posted

Literally all you have to do is grind - fish - repeat.

Posted

You got free boss gear, you got free yellow jewelry twice in the last week, you have an event that gave you more yellow jewelry plus other items...... So I will say this. For those of us that started this game when it first came out, we didn't get any of this stuff AT ALL. We also didn't have EXP weekends to boost us. When someone hit level 50 or higher, it was a real accomplishment but now it takes 2 hours to get what took some of us MONTHS to get. We didn't have Sausans back then either nor Valencia nor Pirates. Some of us have grinded for almost an entire year to get our gear and some of us find it a slap in the face that people who have played a month think they should be on the same level as someone who has put in a full year with this game.

Basically this. 

Posted

Literally all you have to do is grind - fish - repeat.

And pay. Never forget to pay.

Posted

Because it's fun? Whats the point of living if you know you'll never be the best person who ever lived?

Posted

And pay. Never forget to pay.

In my 3 months on here i've never felt the need to pay or use the cash shop.

Want, sure, but never need.

Posted

In my 3 months on here i've never felt the need to pay or use the cash shop.

Want, sure, but never need.

Doesn't matter if you need it as long as you pay for it.

Posted

To the op... I started 4 months ago and i have full tri gear and full blur duo accesories (cept pri shultz and pri tree belt) and ive been a filthy casual... What? U just need to learn to failstack and have a good source of income. I remember i was 87/98 and getting 3mil was like WOOOOOO and having 10m in the bank was like ERR MAA GEERD IM RICH. Now at 191/186/223, having 30m in the bank and im like Oooh, which accesory should i boom? If it doesnt i get 2 extra ap :)

Posted

You need to trust and follow your black spirit, so it can tell you who you are ......and more importantly, how much you can pay.

Hey, check out these teeth!

breaking_news_black_desert.png.512dc5eae

2 people like this

Posted

I was very behind originally and never played the game much due to being a student but here i am caught up with full tri gear and acceroies at duo at lvl 57. Being able to kill level 58+ who out gear me as well. Blah blah blah gear this level that...you get good by learning your class

1 person likes this

Posted

you'll always be behind in MMO. Unless you're a hardcore no-lifer. Don't keep up with them and you'll be fine.

Its just a game, not that serious really. Lots of fun to be had even if you're not in the top 2%. 

Posted

This game is a scam. You basically buy into it and then find out you are never going to catch up to anyone. Your chances of getting to the point where you can be considered decent are incredibly slim. You have to bust your ass grinding day in and day out for even a chance for the gear you need. Even then, it's RNG. You can sit your ass down at a world boss for weeks and never see anything. Good luck getting your Dande/Nouver/Kzarka at the market place. It won't happen.

You're going to watch everyone around you get insanely lucky, and then have your guild turn around and tell you how insanely easy the game is and that you just need to grind even more. They give you these stupidly inflated numbers for some kind of vague encouragement to keep going. There isn't even a reason to keep going, you are utterly useless to your guild. And they aren't going to go help you. They don't even do Sausans anymore. You get to solo grind. If you show up for nodewars you get put into the siege weapons so you can twiddle your thumbs. Then everybody pats you on the head and tells you what a good boy you were.

Then when you solo grind, you get pushed out of your spot immediately because everybody else can one-shot you. Then you get to call your guild in so they can do PvP that you can't even include yourself in, because you have no gear. 

And then you get to go to world-bosses, where the people who do the most damage get more loot. So enjoy the rich getting richer, goy. There is absolutely no point in playing this game, and everyone who defends it is already uber-geared. Give me one(1) reason why there is any point in trying to play the infinite game of catchup that is Black Desert. I assure you that by the time you do catch up, the goalpost will already have moved.

saw some dude after the server merge, who started 11 days ago( at that time),  he was over 200ap, had good gear, and even the 1 bil alchemy stone. I think he was at lvl59. Its all about rng, you can catch up to anyone. I killed countless fieldboss bhegs, did daily bhegs, solo or in a group, didnt get the drop. Could buy them later from the mp

Posted

You have to bust your ass grinding day in and day out. You're going to watch everyone around you. They aren't going to help you.

yet, we've all been through this. people bust their ass grinding day in and day out and they get ahead. you're just not dedicated enough to the game. whether it's because you have a better life outside the game, or you just don't have the right mentality for grinding. complaining only widens the gap.

yes, you're going to watch everyone around you gain lucky loot but how long do you think it took before that miracle actually happend? i've been playing since launch and i've only ever gotten 1 lucky rng from lauren's family box. a kzarka weapon box, and it was HELL getting it to tri...

of course no one is going to ACTUALLY help you. they have their own shit to worry about. nobody has time to hold your damn hand and give free handouts. so quit whining. i solo grind MOST of the time and i've worked my gearscore up to +400 and level 58. it isn't the best gear score but i can definitely help in node wars. the only thing people can really offer in bdo is advice. so take it.

you're probably just venting out of frustration. i've come here a few times to do the same. just take on the game one day at a time and enjoy the company of your guild mates.

Posted

>When you make a post in a sick, tired haze and then somehow it hits 7 pages

Oh god what have I done

Posted

I'm actually really enjoying ESO again.

Posted

Let me tell you something mate:

I started playing this game in February, right when it launched. A player from my guild started playing in September, more than 6 months after me, and he reached lvl 60 last month. I reached lvl 59 last week! He already has better gear than me, more level and more money. You can definitely catch up in about 2 months if you play the game. Also, now there are powerleveling channels like Olvia which allow you to reach lvl 57-58 in one month easily. There are also events that allow new/returning players to catch up to the average player. An example: in KR, they recently gave one DUO Ogre Ring or DUO Tungrade to players, as a way for them to catch up there. Expect these kind of events somewhere in the future. As to World Bosses, what you're saying is not totally correct. I met one player who joined my guild and did his first boss (Karanda) with me. He was a lvl 50 Warrior with about 100 AP. He got a Dandelion Box in his first boss EVER. This proves that boss loot is not 100% tied to damage.

Posted (edited)

seriously back in the days pre mediah who reached lvl 55 was a fukking god. We grinded days to weeks to hit even lvl 53. As i said on the first page, do ppl rly expect to catch up to those guys? God damn go back under your rock.

in KR, they recently gave one DUO Ogre Ring or DUO Tungrade to players

lol they didnt, its an event and u clearly dont know how this event works, it will take more then 100 days to have the seals for duo ogre... clueless shitposter.

and that ur friend is better then u now is your fault, why u dont play the game? Thats how it works, he puts more time and effort into the game thats why hes 60 and u 59.

Edited by Myntiix

Posted

that's not even remotely true...

im sitting on tet gear for months now and i haven't upgraded at all because i attempted to get better accessories and so far blew over 3bil to gain less than 6 ap which is literally nothing in pvp

you *feel* you're behind but that's not the case

TRI gear in bdo is competitive enough right now, tet is just luxury, tri can beat tet with skill but most ppl will be arrogant enough to say that tet users are gear carried and just discard their skill which isnt how  things work

also you can just get enough accuracy to make up for lack of gear and rely on skill to dodge to make up for lack of defensive gear and you'll still be good to go..

problem is newcomers think theyre mad skills or some shit and they lose cus of gear and not cus theyre worse? 

Did... Did I just see a legit, relevant post from irrelevant? ._. Guess there's a first for everything xD

Posted (edited)

Yea, I'm doing that with my Lancia. Hoping for a Dande, but will prob end up with a blue.

Just buy the TRI Blue like I did  ... Valk damage output honestly isn't even worth the dedication it takes to get Dandelion.  ...         People think we have big numbers, but that's only b/c their brains don't immediately register the activation times against those big attacks

(I afforded mine easily just by Crate/imperial trading & listing Milk/Relics)

Edited by iller

Posted

I started playing 1 month ago and I have a lvl 58 Ranger, lvl 57 Wizard, lvl 57 Ninja, and lvl 56 Musa with about 1 billion net worth (includes TRI weapon/awakening/off-hand and PRI/DUO armor). If I focused on 1 class (was trying the classes out), I would be around lvl 59.5 in 1 month. It isn't difficult to catch up.

Posted (edited)

>When you make a post in a sick, tired haze and then somehow it hits 7 pages

Oh god what have I done

Maybe you're just prone to occasionally grabbing the truth by the p***y

A lot of people don't even understand WHY they play games like these so of course they're going the protect their Investment with any number of Mental Gymnastics salvos they can muster in order to rationalize their obvious Gambling addictions.   And then there's people like me who are only playing it b/c we need that bit of Managerial simulation in our lives still but we freaking hate FantasyFootball

Edited by iller

Posted

Just buy the TRI Blue like I did  ... Valk damage output honestly isn't even worth the dedication it takes to get Dandelion.  ...         People think we have big numbers, but that's only b/c their brains don't immediately register the activation times against those big attacks

(I afforded mine easily just by Crate/imperial trading & listing Milk/Relics)

Ya know, on top of being right about the TRI blue... I think you know exactly what I think about when I think about what others think of valkies xD

Maybe you're just prone to occasionally grabbing the truth by the p***y

A lot of people don't even understand WHY they play games like these so of course they're going the protect their Investment with any number of Mental Gymnastics salvos they can muster in order to rationalize their obvious Gambling addictions.   And then there's people like me who are only playing it b/c we need that bit of Managerial simulation in our lives still but we freaking hate FantasyFootball

You forgot about the rest of the game being absolute perfection <3

1 person likes this

Posted

Because the top players are a very very small percent of the actual population.... meaning a majority people are so so geared.

Pull your head out of your ass.

Posted

Well the fact that you need to be lucky in order to progress is one of the main reason people quit the game and they are right. No thank you, I'm not here to play lucky slots.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well the fact that you need to be lucky in order to progress is one of the main reason people quit the game and they are right. No thank you, I'm not here to play lucky slots.

What is the point of living?
There are so many rich people out there you will never be able to catch up to career wise or money wise.
They have so much experience and they own so many things.

There is no point in starting, just give up.

This is your mindset

just do it.

Edited by GamePois0n