• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Am I in the wrong for being salty about Artisan Memories?

125 posts in this topic

Posted

Just curious, I really don't scream P2W at this game, and don't regret my purchases (outfits, weight increases, pets) because they're things I get to keep. When I started playing, I hated Elion's Tears because they felt necessary, and regular. I was delighted that they took XP loss out of PVP, making Elions Tears really only relevant for world bosses and quite affordable at 100 Loyalty. However, the same negativity I felt towards tears near launch is creeping up on me, only towards Artisan Memories.

I've only upgraded one piece of boss gear (bhegs) so I don't really have a good idea of how prevalent these things are going to be in the future, but I'm concerned as I continue to progress. How much did you guys end up spending on AM upgrading your boss gear? Was it worth it? Do AM have some inefficiency I'm unaware of that make them less necessary?

Posted

Well weather you count em as p2w or not is kinda irrelevant, they do however save you ingame money and time so if you want to look at that as p2w or pay for convience is kinda personal choice.

In my personal opinion this game is slightly p2w, nothing serius but there are some borderline items in cashshop that are kinda a must for comfortable play, now that being said can you play without spending a single euro after intial game price, sure you can its just less convinient and it will make you work a bit harder/longer for the same goal. Personaly i dont see this as  problem since game at its current price is basicly f2p, without any payable expansions or subscription so spending some money on it semms right thing to do if you enjoy playing it,

3 people like this

Posted

They save time mostly.  1 mem frag becomes 3, thats about it.  You could say money too but then again time = money as I'm sure you've heard the saying I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Posted

Best bang-for-buck purchase you can get.

Posted

I never use them. 

Posted

well like it or not time is money, some have more time some have more money, they're inextricably linked. Can't spend all day doing relics so these  help a little bit when trying to repair boss gear.

Posted

Just curious, I really don't scream P2W at this game, and don't regret my purchases (outfits, weight increases, pets) because they're things I get to keep. When I started playing, I hated Elion's Tears because they felt necessary, and regular. I was delighted that they took XP loss out of PVP, making Elions Tears really only relevant for world bosses and quite affordable at 100 Loyalty. However, the same negativity I felt towards tears near launch is creeping up on me, only towards Artisan Memories.

I've only upgraded one piece of boss gear (bhegs) so I don't really have a good idea of how prevalent these things are going to be in the future, but I'm concerned as I continue to progress. How much did you guys end up spending on AM upgrading your boss gear? Was it worth it? Do AM have some inefficiency I'm unaware of that make them less necessary?

u dont need em as long asas u. afk fish in heidel on bal rod for relics n grind in gahaz for relics

Posted

I personally love Artisan Memory, not because I would buy them, but because there are more TET and eventually PEN gear available in marketplace to pick up with silver and avoiding the huge workload of enchanting it myself.

2 people like this

Posted

Ofc they are p2w as i require 66,6% less time spend on fishing and relic hunt + everyones favourite scroll group time.

I use it and cant imagine how much longer would it take without them. I just cant imagine the timewaste for the people that dont use it

Posted

You're not wrong to be angry about it, it saves quite a lot of time. But there's worse P2W and DAUM doesn't get that money either. So they are kind of forced to provide a better alternative so that they don't lose money to rmt. 

Posted

Artisan Memory's don't allow you to bypass RNG, so no matter how much people cry and whine they aren't P2W. Until a cash shop user can bypass RNG the game is the opposite of P2W. :) 

Posted

Partly why the market is now flooded by TRI(even TET) Liverto's and blue awakening weapon. So when you finally get your Dande or Kzarka you cant sell your old weapon.

People buy Artisan Memory bundles from the Pearl Store and use blue quality weapons to failstack, thinking np, it's still gonna sell if the failstack blows up. But there's thousands of other guys thinking the same thing.

Artisan Memory would be a lot less p2w if buying Memory Frags with in-game silver was easy and unlimited. If the loyalty price was lowered. But the disparity in price right now is massive, not to mention all the sales dumping the Pearl price even lower. I also buy a few bundles when on sale admittedly and it's definitely more than just "convenience" how helpful it is when upgrading gear.

Posted

If meme fragments were only obtainable in a way that wasnt reminding you how much older youre getting each scroll

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Biggest money sink item in the pearl shop.  I think that the whole f'd up enchant fail lose dura farm relics get fragments one by one is just harder because of the artisan memories. Who knows how the game would be like without some of the items from the pearlshop... I bought a lot of them. Just to repair my bossgear, to fail lose another enchantment just to start all over again..

Edited by Ayvaza

Posted

i made almost full boss armor + kzarka to tri without them some time ago, currently trying to upgrade nouver and still stuck at +14, already costed me around ~200 frags including a few artisans.

so did they help me? no, not at all, its still complete shitty rng2win. Wasted pearls/loyalties if you ask me, a drop in the bucket unless you have a gold-shitting donkey at home and can afford to spend hundreds or thousands just on artisans, but then again you can just as well sell 5 costumes each week and buy a piece of tri boss gear every month.

Posted

In total so far i've used.... 3.

Memory Frags are not that hard to get - the problem is time. Just take your time and grind it out, there really is no rush.

Posted

As long as you have alts with fail stacks you'll be good. Remember your alts are part of your tool set. So use them. With the right fail stacks between characters you can enhance your gear safely....RNG permitting.

Posted

You do know that you don't have to spend real money on them right? They are only 400 loyalty. I have over 60 AM and they didn't cost me a dime.

Posted

They are not p2w, and you can get them with loyalties.

Posted

They are not p2w, and you can get them with loyalties.

lmfao gl with that tet/pen! 

1 person likes this

Posted

I didn't plan on it. =P

Posted

I didn't plan on it. =P

oh... well good luck on winning!  

Posted

Artisan Memories don't improve your enchanting rate, enchanting chance or in fact anything to do with enchanting. So...

Posted

oh... well good luck on winning!  

I don't, and don't plan on pvp'ing so i've no need to worry about things such as "winning" or "losing".

However if you all feel the need to stress and worry yourselves over the game being "p2w", you have fun with that.

Posted

Artisan Memories don't improve your enchanting rate, enchanting chance or in fact anything to do with enchanting. So...

Your RNG isn't going to change if u buy artisans mems. If you're going to fail TET 20 times you can either do it with or without artisans memories. 

I don't, and don't plan on pvp'ing so i've no need to worry about things such as "winning" or "losing".

However if you all feel the need to stress and worry yourselves over the game being "p2w", you have fun with that.

don't get your jimmies rustled cuz other players want to win 

Also, Just as an objective fact: Everyone ITT who says Artisan Mem are not pay to win has absolute shit gear and probably should stfu. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0