• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Am I in the wrong for being salty about Artisan Memories?

125 posts in this topic

Posted

Your RNG isn't going to change if u buy artisans mems. If you're going to fail TET 20 times you can either do it with or without artisans memories. 

So explain then how it's P2W if it doesn't affect your stats in the slightest. :) 

Posted (edited)

So explain then how it's P2W if it doesn't affect your stats in the slightest. :) 

how's that full TET/PEN gear coming along plunge? 

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

how's that full TET/PEN gear coming along plunge? 

Why you avoiding the question? Is it because you just destroyed your own argument by stating that Artisan Memories don't affect RNG? :) 

Your RNG isn't going to change if u buy artisans mems. If you're going to fail TET 20 times you can either do it with or without artisans memories. 

Posted

Why you avoiding the question? Is it because you just destroyed your own argument by stating that Artisan Memories don't affect RNG? :) 

that's great. now shut the ----- up while i stuff you back into that flame tower where your shit gear doesn't matter. 

Posted

Yawn, turn around it as much as you like but its p2w however limited so people that still play are somehow able to stomach it.

One fail costs you 2.25 m + 7.5m in memory frags on boss armor - 9.75. Using artisan mem you repair 3x as much for same cost so your cost changes from 9.75 to 4.75, that is half the price or 5 mil saved. Obiously there is failstack cost that is kinda impossible to estimate but fact stays if you need 1k mem frags to repair your gear you could just use 1/3 of that and have 660 mil for other enchanting.

Why we are able to look the other way ? because it doesn't do anything for accessory enchanting.

Posted

Yawn, turn around it as much as you like but its p2w however limited so people that still play are somehow able to stomach it.

One fail costs you 2.25 m + 7.5m in memory frags on boss armor - 9.75. Using artisan mem you repair 3x as much for same cost so your cost changes from 9.75 to 4.75, that is half the price or 5 mil saved. Obiously there is failstack cost that is kinda impossible to estimate but fact stays if you need 1k mem frags to repair your gear you could just use 1/3 of that and have 660 mil for other enchanting.

Why we are able to look the other way ? because it doesn't do anything for accessory enchanting.

you should be able to buy cron stones from the cash shop

and valks tears. 

hop to it daum. 

Posted

I used Artisan Memories on my first set of gear mainly because it saved me from doing 3x the relic runs. Getting the relics wasnt the problem but sitting through that boring shitty content for 30minutes a run was torture. After I completed my main pieces to TRI/TET I stopped using them as theyre a waste of money if you have the time. 

Posted

I used Artisan Memories on my first set of gear mainly because it saved me from doing 3x the relic runs. Getting the relics wasnt the problem but sitting through that boring shitty content for 30minutes a run was torture. After I completed my main pieces to TRI/TET I stopped using them as theyre a waste of money if you have the time. 

eventually we all settle for mediocrity.

Except Mr. Deep Pocket Pay2win try hard man. He dumpsters us with full TET/PEN + consumables and then rattles off some bullshit about "preparation = skill" 

1 person likes this

Posted

I personally love Artisan Memory, not because I would buy them, but because there are more TET and eventually PEN gear available in marketplace to pick up with silver and avoiding the huge workload of enchanting it myself.

^^^^ lol this

Posted

The real issue I have is not the P2W argument but the bored to death F2P element. If they would just make the Disco bosses one boss instead of three with long animations then I personally would be less irritated. 

Given the choice between root canal, sticking a fork in my left eye and running a party of 50 (10X party) disco scrolls, I really have to think about it to choose.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

While they could be considered P2W, they are still subject to the RNG system when enchanting.

I personally have used them maybe 40 - 50% of the time with my Mem Frags. It has helped but  there are weeks when I cant justify spending the $10 because I just dont want to get addicted to needing Artisan Memories.

But the limiting factor is still access to Memory Frags. Some could argue to just buy them but to me that is a waste of silver at this point for me. So I just afk fish, then group with others with Relic Scrolls.

Artisans help you repair faster, but you still have to deal with RNG, gathering Relics, hoping for a good amount of Mem frags upon return and then again hoping on good luck the next time you enchant.

To me there are just a lot of roadblocks to really justifying it being straight P2W

And if it really bothers you that much, you can still get them for Loyalty points.

Edited by Ravare

Posted

It affects your stats in many ways.

Value pack = More money = More attempts = Higher chance at upgrade. Directly? Nope, but still p2w ;)

High level pets = Less time spent looting = More time spent killing = More drops = More money = More attempts = Higher chance at upgrade. Directly? Nope, but still p2w ;)

Costumes
a) Sold at market = More money = More attempts = Higher chance at upgrade. Directly? Nope, but still p2w ;)
b) Increased exp = Faster levels = Mobs get easier to kill = Mobs die faster = More drops = More money = More attempts = Higher chance at upgrade. Directly? Nope, but still p2w ;)

Should I go on or will this keep you busy whiteknighting for a while?

I should also say, I do admire you incredibly. You're always here, working damage control for Kakao. Without being paid as well I guess. That takes dedication. Your damage control duties must have been quite taxing when they first introduced the p2w pack but you persevered. Respect ;) 

Posted

u dont need em as long asas u. afk fish in heidel on bal rod for relics n grind in gahaz for relics

My warehouses are filled with Books and Ancient Scrolls.  I have come back with 10+ in a single run from the desert.  Fishing will never come close to the farming rate on them.  You just need to solo and specifically hunt areas designed for them.

Posted

Artisan Memory's don't allow you to bypass RNG, so no matter how much people cry and whine they aren't P2W. Until a cash shop user can bypass RNG the game is the opposite of P2W. :) 

Oh you again, still defend P2W like this to no end.

Sure Artisan Memory can't bypass RNG, but it can BYPASS WEEKLY PEARL LIMIT. Lots of people with brain unlike you spent lots of Artistan Memory to make TRI equipment, then sell it for money and then either use that money to try TET or buy TET, thus a different way to bypass RNG.

That's P2W in of itself, using Real Money to directly/indirectly convert into game money and buy high end equipment.

Or you are still clueless and think Artisan Memory won't do that, LOL.

Posted

y'all mother-----ers better stop using them emojis real quick b4 we got a problem 

Posted

Love these things.  Great benefit.  Not p2w. 

Posted

It affects your stats in many ways.

That's odd, why won't your state HOW it affects your stats? :) 

Value pack = More money = More attempts = Higher chance at upgrade. Directly? Nope, but still p2w ;)

• Available for free
  • Available for in-game silver

High level pets = Less time spent looting = More time spent killing = More drops = More money = More attempts = Higher chance at upgrade. Directly? Nope, but still p2w ;)

• 3 types of pets given away for free
  • Available for in-game silver

Costumes
a) Sold at market = More money = More attempts = Higher chance at upgrade. Directly? Nope, but still p2w ;)

Doesn't get you past RNG, gives you 2-3 chances more per week over someone who doesn't sell costumes; for the price of $150 a week. 

b) Increased exp = Faster levels = Mobs get easier to kill = Mobs die faster = More drops = More money = More attempts = Higher chance at upgrade. Directly? Nope, but still p2w ;)

Firstly costumes are for sale on the marketplace, but you've actually just proven you don't play the game. Mobs don't get easier to kill the higher your level unless you have better gear. :) 

Should I go on or will this keep you busy whiteknighting for a while?

You haven't actually proven anything whilst I've refuted all your points. You can find a more in-depth analysis that destroys all your arguments here and here. :) 

You're always here

I'm playing and enjoying the game, you're whining 24/7 about the game whilst still playing it/using the forums. It's time to move on my friend. :) 

Lots of people with brain unlike you

Argument has been destroyed above, but it makes me giggle that you argument is so weak you have to use insults to get your "point" across. I hope I didn't trigger you too hard by destroying your whining. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

:) 

;)

;)

;)
 ;)

;) 

. :) 

. :) 

Posted

Argument has been destroyed above, but it makes me giggle that you argument is so weak you have to use insults to get your "point" across. I hope I didn't trigger you too hard by destroying your whining. :) 

It's not insult to point out the truth what you lacked of or failed to understand.

I find it funny people point out again and again that Artisan Memory not only use to enchant gears, but also to make money and bypass Pearl Weekly Limit.

So if you continue to not understand this concept despite people point out to you again and again. Are you telling me not using your brain? Or something else I miss for you to continue to ignore this very important point.

Oh wait I know, you are not lacking the use of your brain, you are just using them LESS since people have to point this out to you so many times for months.

Posted

i feel you.. 
the game would be so much easyier of i could swipe for a ton of artisan mems.. but i cant
so im behind in gear insanely
if i could would have atleast tri eveything right now instead of just tri muskans...  
i have a duo rednose instead of my tree at tri because of this... 
my giath is +6, tree +5, bhegs +13, muskans is the only tri, kzarka +7 ALL would be tri by now if i had artisan mem

Posted

i feel you.. 
the game would be so much easyier of i could swipe for a ton of artisan mems.. but i cant
so im behind in gear insanely
if i could would have atleast tri eveything right now instead of just tri muskans...  
i have a duo rednose instead of my tree at tri because of this... 
my giath is +6, tree +5, bhegs +13, muskans is the only tri, kzarka +7 ALL would be tri by now if i had artisan mem

simply swipe the card 

Posted

That's odd, why won't your state HOW it affects your stats? :) 

• Available for free
  • Available for in-game silver
  • 3 types of pets given away for free
  • Available for in-game silver

Doesn't get you past RNG, gives you 2-3 chances more per week over someone who doesn't sell costumes; for the price of $150 a week. 

Firstly costumes are for sale on the marketplace, but you've actually just proven you don't play the game. Mobs don't get easier to kill the higher your level unless you have better gear. :) 

You haven't actually proven anything whilst I've refuted all your points. You can find a more in-depth analysis that destroys all your arguments here and here. :) 

I'm playing and enjoying the game, you're whining 24/7 about the game whilst still playing it/using the forums. It's time to move on my friend. :) 

All wrong. Absolutely wrong. You haven't actually refuted anything :) 

By spending this cash you've gotten an advantage someone that doesn't pay doesn't have. That is p2w my friend ;) Your counter-arguement is destroyed, you are destroyed, give up :) 

Posted

My warehouses are filled with Books and Ancient Scrolls.  I have come back with 10+ in a single run from the desert.  Fishing will never come close to the farming rate on them.  You just need to solo and specifically hunt areas designed for them.

of course fishing never comes close but u do sleep or work where u cant play, afk fish, nets me 5-8 free scrolls a week ontop

Posted

of course fishing never comes close but u do sleep or work where u cant play, afk fish, nets me 5-8 free scrolls a week ontop

Yes it's free and in addition, but the point is that alone won't compare with how powerful buying Artisan's is.  However, if your gaining several scrolls per hour and hunting quite a few hours per week you may not even need Artisan's.  That is the most important part because it means playing the game is adequate and does not require spending.

Also the Artisan's is only ONE component.  So it's not totally free to get TET/PEN.  You still need the fail stacks, black stones, shards, etc.

Posted (edited)

Artisan Memories don't improve your enchanting rate, enchanting chance or in fact anything to do with enchanting. So...

Artisan Memories don't improve your enchanting rate, but it does allow you more attempts faster than without it hence more chance of succeding.

If it takes me 1month to get one attempt and the next person who buys the artisan memory gets 3 attempts from doing the same exact thing as me in the same month. He obviously get more chance of succeding and will probably get it faster.

Imo it is p2w, just not as damaging as some other games.

Edited by Rebornz
1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0