• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

DP feels worthless as a stat.

76 posts in this topic

Posted

For PvE at the very least, as long as you can take two hits and know how to play the Souls series, you will find DP a stat you can mostly ignore.

Soloing scroll bosses, Ogres, etc with no issues with my 52 Witch, only died once in PvE and that was down to my horse spaz pathing right into the middle of a pack and getting stuck, at 124 AP and only 84 DP (switched to a Liverto staff) the telegraphs from mobs are so blatant getting hit at all is a rarity and when I need to go in hard with Earthquake, I throw up block bubble first or teleport behind to get the cast off while the mobs slowly turn. 

So my advice to Souls series players looking to play this, weapons first for upgrade, armor you can leave at 5-7 ish until you're at a good point with your AP then you can come back to your armor. 

No doubt when it comes to world bosses and pvp I'll have to up that DP, but as far as PvE content goes? Two hits is all you need.

1 person likes this

Posted

For PvE at the very least, as long as you can take two hits and know how to play the Souls series, you will find DP a stat you can mostly ignore.

Soloing scroll bosses, Ogres, etc with no issues with my 52 Witch, only died once in PvE and that was down to my horse spaz pathing right into the middle of a pack and getting stuck, at 124 AP and only 84 DP (switched to a Liverto staff) the telegraphs from mobs are so blatant getting hit at all is a rarity and when I need to go in hard with Earthquake, I throw up block bubble first or teleport behind to get the cast off while the mobs slowly turn. 

So my advice to Souls series players looking to play this, weapons first for upgrade, armor you can leave at 5-7 ish until you're at a good point with your AP then you can come back to your armor. 

No doubt when it comes to world bosses and pvp I'll have to up that DP, but as far as PvE content goes? Two hits is all you need.

Come back and let us know how worthless DP is when you start grinding things out in the desert.

5 people like this

Posted

Come back and let us know how worthless DP is when you start grinding things out in the desert.

the only thing you need DP for in the desert is akman and hysteria. 

Gahaz: lol no
Baslisks: Potato level AI, no range
Frogan: lol no
Bashim: lol no
Naga: nope
Lava men: lol who actually goes here?
Crescent: nope, except the jumpy guys. Jumpy guys will kill u
Pila: ok ya u'll die here
Akman, Hysteria: ur ded kid

So out of the 100 billion places to grind in BDO there are a total of 4 places to die from having no DP: Pila, Akman, Crescent (specically the jumpy guys), and hysteria

Hell let's throw in bosses too.

So there like 10 places u need any DP? PvE is a joke. 

DP is a mechanic so u can COMPLETELY turn your brain off and grind for 10 hours a day like BDO wants you to 

3 people like this

Posted

been, no issues.

One sentence for you friend. Knowing how to use iFrames effectively. 

It's why I said "those that know how to play the souls series" as they know how to abuse iFrames at the right moment to completely avoid fatal damage. 

I see videos of people literally spamming dodge and I can't help but facepalm, heck I've seen it ingame. You don't need to move like that as you're being wasteful and not using your iFrames effectively, you use iFrames to dodge would be heavy CC and fatal damage, pots and reduction skills/stats for everything else.

Again I'm not saying it's best to ignore it, I'm saying "You don't need it until later" which you're actually agreeing with while trying to say "Get Experience kid" which is kinda silly since we're in agreement weather you think so or not. 

It's better to work on your AP first, your weapons then your DP, later which you actually won't need for the majority of content. 

Posted

So out of the 100 billion places to grind in BDO there are a total of 4 places to die from having no DP: Pila, Akman, Crescent (specically the jumpy guys), and hysteria

DP is a mechanic so u can COMPLETELY turn your brain off and grind for 10 hours a day like BDO wants you to 

please make videos of grinding at these places efficiently, without dying, without running out of hp potions insanely fast, and do so on a melee class. I would love to see these videos. If you level at pirates with lets say... 120 DP, even Crazy Jacks will one nearly one shot you. This game isn't about "the possibility to kill a mob" but the ability to kill thousands as quick as possible, as efficient as possible. You can have 20 DP and possibly solo a boss like kzarka, it's possible but dumb. Just like ignoring DP in PvE and PvP.

1 person likes this

Posted

Youre not playing dark souls lol 

stupid thread but another know it all noob whos played afew measly days 

1 person likes this

Posted

please make videos of grinding at these places efficiently, without dying, without running out of hp potions insanely fast, and do so on a melee class. 

that's, like, a lot of requirements, man. 

my potion key:
OXitOu8.gif

4 people like this

Posted

been, no issues.

One sentence for you friend. Knowing how to use iFrames effectively. 

It's why I said "those that know how to play the souls series" as they know how to abuse iFrames at the right moment to completely avoid fatal damage. 

I see videos of people literally spamming dodge and I can't help but facepalm, heck I've seen it ingame. You don't need to move like that as you're being wasteful and not using your iFrames effectively, you use iFrames to dodge would be heavy CC and fatal damage, pots and reduction skills/stats for everything else.

Again I'm not saying it's best to ignore it, I'm saying "You don't need it until later" which you're actually agreeing with while trying to say "Get Experience kid" which is kinda silly since we're in agreement weather you think so or not. 

It's better to work on your AP first, your weapons then your DP, later which you actually won't need for the majority of content. 

Well maybe Sorc is different, but as a Ninja if you have low DP, all it takes is a few back shots from a ranged mob or a heavy hit from a higher mob and you are jacked.

DP is dependent on class because of different mechanics, but a worthless stat? Hardly.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

please make videos of grinding at these places efficiently, without dying, without running out of hp potions insanely fast, and do so on a melee class. I would love to see these videos. If you level at pirates with lets say... 120 DP, even Crazy Jacks will one nearly one shot you. This game isn't about "the possibility to kill a mob" but the ability to kill thousands as quick as possible, as efficient as possible. You can have 20 DP and possibly solo a boss like kzarka, it's possible but dumb. Just like ignoring DP in PvE and PvP.

it sounds like you don't know how to move tbh, it's alright. I don't judge. 

Youre not playing dark souls lol 

stupid thread but another know it all noob whos played afew measly days 

stupid reply by a forum troll that doesn't know that the iFrames on dodge are exactly like Dark Souls. 

I get it mate, dodging is hard for you, understanding frame data and how to use it is not your cup of tea,  but that's how action combat works, gear is simply a buffer to help those that might not be too up to snuff reflex and reaction wise. You could probably naked a boss as long as you have the AP for it if you know how to move and that, my friend is very much souls style.

Edited by MadMaximoff
1 person likes this

Posted

Desync is going to ruin you without DP to absorb the faulty server issues.  Not everybody has issues with that though.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Desync is going to ruin you without DP to absorb the faulty server issues.  Not everybody has issues with that though.

guess I'm one of the lucky ones, not had dysnc yet. Could happen, but while it's running good it let's me get away with focus on exploding stuff quicker first then taking more than two hits later. 

Edit: To add, how to iFrame is simpler than you think. When you dodge it's 1 frame start up 2 frame iFrame then 2 frames vulnerability as the animation finishes. 

This is why you shouldn't spam dodge, rather use it at the right time. It's two frames of invulnerability in a five frame animation, timing it right every time means you can straight up avoid fatal damage, frames are counted in tenths of a second. So for two tenths of a second you're invulnerable however after you're given what is known in fighting games as recovery frames. Recovery frames are where you're most vulnerable and you're exposed for two tenths of a second. It's a long time to be in recovery if you don't time a dodge right.

This is of course how people keep getting grabbed as the dysnc issue people talk about means that the recovery frames are lasting longer than they should so they're grabbing you in Recovery when you're seeing yourself in what should be iFrame. 

Edited by MadMaximoff

Posted

@MadMaximoff

If you actually took the time read my post instead of replying with some irrelevant troll response. You'd know why DP is important. It has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to move and position yourself. It's about efficiency. If we have the same AP on the same class, and I have more DP. Enough DP to the point where mobs do absolutely nothing to me. You're spending time moving and positioning yourself, while I can face tank, and destroy everything while standing in the middle of it taking no damage. Like i said before, it's not about whether it's possible to kill stuff, it's about killing thousands of mobs as quickly and efficiently as possible. You continue in your ways and make your 2-3mil an hour. I'll continue to make my 20mil an hour.

2 people like this

Posted

if you want more survivability you want to go damage reduction. i am a witch and i can out tank other witches who has full boss gear with my regular ult gear because of the extra dr (8 and i have 2 dr crystals in chest). i fight awakened warrior 1v1 for over a min and half due to my tankiness and we had even score 4-4 with him having more awakened gs and one level higher than me. also, evasion is kinda meh nowadays due to ppl building accuracy which is basically evasion penetration and half of your dp is based on that. finally, the only way to counter damage reduction is by one type of cc which i cant remember if it is stun or some s**t... pop 2 dr crystals in your chest piece and you will feel a HUGE difference.

Posted

if you want more survivability you want to go damage reduction. i am a witch and i can out tank other witches who has full boss gear with my regular ult gear because of the extra dr (8 and i have 2 dr crystals in chest). i fight awakened warrior 1v1 for over a min and half due to my tankiness and we had even score 4-4 with him having more awakened gs and one level higher than me. also, evasion is kinda meh nowadays due to ppl building accuracy which is basically evasion penetration and half of your dp is based on that. finally, the only way to counter damage reduction is by one type of cc which i cant remember if it is stun or some s**t... pop 2 dr crystals in your chest piece and you will feel a HUGE difference.

thats exactly what I'm using, gear with damage reduction. It's cheaper and far more efficient allowing me to save for Tri Boss at a later date rather than wasting resources on armour that'll be flogged for a fraction of what it cost to get it up to snuff if I was focusing it.

@MadMaximoff

If you actually took the time read my post instead of replying with some irrelevant troll response. You'd know why DP is important. It has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to move and position yourself. It's about efficiency. If we have the same AP on the same class, and I have more DP. Enough DP to the point where mobs do absolutely nothing to me. You're spending time moving and positioning yourself, while I can face tank, and destroy everything while standing in the middle of it taking no damage. Like i said before, it's not about whether it's possible to kill stuff, it's about killing thousands of mobs as quickly and efficiently as possible. You continue in your ways and make your 2-3mil an hour. I'll continue to make my 20mil an hour.

Good for you, but again the point wizzed over your head. You likely have all your best gear and just looking to upgrade it. You're telling people to buy and invest in gear they won't keep when they can play effectively without dumping a ton of stones, etc into it.

I made that mistake on my Maewha, I'm not repeating it on my Witch.

It's better to +5 the gear you know you won't keep and pull the stones out later when you get the gear you will keep than dumping a ton of silver into it and effectively slowing your own progress when you don't need to.

Posted (edited)

thats exactly what I'm using, gear with damage reduction. It's cheaper and far more efficient allowing me to save for Tri Boss at a later date rather than wasting resources on armour that'll be flogged for a fraction of what it cost to get it up to snuff if I was focusing it.

Good for you, but again the point wizzed over your head. You likely have all your best gear and just looking to upgrade it. You're telling people to buy and invest in gear they won't keep when they can play effectively without dumping a ton of stones, etc into it.

It's better to +5 the gear you know you won't keep and pull the stones out later when you get the gear you will keep than dumping a ton of silver into it and effectively slowing your own progress when you don't need to.

tbh, i dont know if i am the only one here... but unless the boss gear is tet+ it will not give you more sustainability than say rocaba. i kill ppl with tri boss gear much much faster than others with just regular ult gear such as grunil or rocaba.... maybe its just me who think boss gear is overrated...

i think boss gear give you a different way of geming and with kutum and nouver you get an extra slot... but other than that, as a awakened witch, i really dont think boss gear is benefiting me that much more than my regular gear :/

EDIT: Kutum and nouver are great tho compare to other pieces...

Edited by Naberios
1 person likes this

Posted

I notice a difference 220 240 dp - tri 263 dp - tet w kutum 303 dp both at bosses n pvp, esp the latter dp's tankyness vs -200ap awak. And we are meant to get some dp scaling come future patch?

Posted

The issue I think you are having MadMaximoff maybe is because your post is mostly refering to Witch, at ranged class.

I'll be honest and say I replied with my response in DP for a stat in itself and its usefullness. On my Wizard I got away with much more because I didnt need to be up close, I had damage shields, 2 heals etc. Its much more easy for a ranged class, especially one with shields and heals to not have to worry as much about DP. Simply because you have time and distance on your side, plus utility.

So yes, for a pure ranged class you are more OP without having to focus on DP. But for other classes, we cannot forgo DP as much as Witch/Wiz/Ranger. Its just like in all games, ranged classes have an advantage that they typically do not have to worry about melee damage in PvE. You can focus more on your AP because things are dead before they get to you, but for melee classes that arent tanky, we have less distance and more times we are being hit

Posted

----- the jumpy guy lol. First time i went i did not know about the jumpy guy. First time i felt like someone jumped outta the bush and i got butt -----ed.

Posted

You forgot Caudry and Yes to bandits due to the Elites.  I would not recommend Elites with seriously low DP.  AP is more important in general, but DP does have a big impact in  the game.  The new content looks like DP will be more important than ever.

Posted

it sounds like you don't know how to move tbh, it's alright. I don't judge. 

stupid reply by a forum troll that doesn't know that the iFrames on dodge are exactly like Dark Souls. 

I get it mate, dodging is hard for you, understanding frame data and how to use it is not your cup of tea,  but that's how action combat works, gear is simply a buffer to help those that might not be too up to snuff reflex and reaction wise. You could probably naked a boss as long as you have the AP for it if you know how to move and that, my friend is very much souls style.

im quite familiar with souls games, ive completed many no death melee only runs

there is no comparison, even if you run around naked

go discover the other 90% of the game before bragging about how much of a badass you are

3 people like this

Posted

I thought this was some pvp complain... DP matters a lot if you don't want to chug hp potions while grinding -> carry less hp potions -> more weight.

Posted

i can assure you as a fatbad that sucks at avoiding everything life throws at me, DP helps me a lot in pve.

upgraded my DP from 90ish to 190ish and i no longer use pots on my kuno @ manes/iron whatever/ helms/ sausan, except elites i use pots for those, they still hurt.

Posted

who are the lava men? Sulfur?

Posted

im quite familiar with souls games, ive completed many no death melee only runs

there is no comparison, even if you run around naked

go discover the other 90% of the game before bragging about how much of a badass you are

Dont you have another P2W thread to write? 

And no, I don't think I'm a "badass",  I just think there's a lot of bad information going around this forum telling new players to waste resources on things they don't need instead of telling them to stick to some 5+ damage reduction gear which is inexpensive and going to last them through most of the content that's done right up to awakening and even after so they will have their resources ready to invest in the gear they actually do want/need. 

Hell I got rid of my Duo Yuria for a 14+ Liverto, why?  Because I listened to someone like you and wasted resources on a Weapon I don't need when I could've kept hold of some drop, kept it at plus 7 and had all my resources for the Liverto. 

So ya know, maybe if people like you stopped misinforming new players to get them to waste resources like a spiteful brat, I wouldn't have had to make this thread in the first place.

Now go back to whining about fish costumes and pets, you're good at that.

Posted

If you level at pirates with lets say... 120 DP, even Crazy Jacks will one nearly one shot you.

I did actually do pirates with 120 DP.  Jacks did about 1/3 of my health at night.  Doing gahaz with <100 DP would be insane because you're being sniped nonstop.  Even with 195 DP I can't do Cadry because the elites have some ranged attack I never notice that oneshots me.  Centaurs have such unsynced attacks that even with 195 DP I can't fight them more than 2 at a time.  Basilisks were actually totally doable though.