• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

DP feels worthless as a stat.

76 posts in this topic

Posted

> Plays witch

> needs potions in PvE

Case closed.

^ Total Agreement.

Having played a Ranger and Maewah to lv58 I now tried a Witch and was totally baffled at the Utility and sustain on this class.

You can basically grind for an eternity with an empty inventory! Heck, if nothing 1shots you, you can basically recover all your MP and HP in a matter of seconds.

Posted

What can i say. We have a thread full of trolls and people claming dp is useless and i have a video showing that dp is not useless. DP is working, we have another thread about it here. DP is not useless. The useless part is damage of some classes while people cry berserker op. Any class with that guys DP could do 90%of what he does, especially warrior/valk/wizard/witch

Isn't this a PvE thread ?

Posted

dark knight when they release are totally dark souls, their entire playstyle screams Watcher of the Abyss. 

Also Clay, it's the Artisan memories thread where you talked about dumping 7 grand on pearls.

Had no interest in the Dark Knight class and haven't bothered watching any of her gameplay videos....now I might have to check this class out xD

Posted

oh yes. this is 100% true.

everyone. take this advice, sell your armor, buy a better weapon and go on about your daily farm!

give it a month and see how they like their equipment choices, once they are no longer grinding the olvia servers.

lets see how they like beeing one shotted in literally every spot that is even remotely contested.

but hey... i allready hear the karma bomb police coming. "we will come back". keep it coming. i dont care. xD

oh, btw: having no dp as a karma bomber is just perfect. if i am lucky, a kd or grab wont completly insta kill you. makes it easier to feed you to the mobs. :x

Posted

I love DP, it's hot. Sharing is fun. 

Posted

if you want more survivability you want to go damage reduction. i am a witch and i can out tank other witches who has full boss gear with my regular ult gear because of the extra dr (8 and i have 2 dr crystals in chest). i fight awakened warrior 1v1 for over a min and half due to my tankiness and we had even score 4-4 with him having more awakened gs and one level higher than me. also, evasion is kinda meh nowadays due to ppl building accuracy which is basically evasion penetration and half of your dp is based on that. finally, the only way to counter damage reduction is by one type of cc which i cant remember if it is stun or some s**t... pop 2 dr crystals in your chest piece and you will feel a HUGE difference.

What gear is that you're using?

Posted

I wouldn't say it is worthless vs PvE but the standard mobs are not much threat and you'd have to ----- up badly to get killed.

I am 12DP down on my previous build (enchant fail grrr) and the difficulty tackling desert Elites is noticeable for me.

Posted

DP needs a fix period.  Right now it's all about the AP one shot unless you're full on evasion build.

Posted (edited)

the only thing you need DP for in the desert is akman and hysteria. 
Gahaz: lol no
Baslisks: Potato level AI, no range
Frogan: lol no
Bashim: lol no
Naga: nope
Lava men: lol who actually goes here?
Crescent: nope, except the jumpy guys. Jumpy guys will kill u
Pila: ok ya u'll die here
Akman, Hysteria: ur ded kid

So out of the 100 billion places to grind in BDO there are a total of 4 places to die from having no DP: Pila, Akman, Crescent (specically the jumpy guys), and hysteria

Hell let's throw in bosses too.

So there like 10 places u need any DP? PvE is a joke. 

DP is a mechanic so u can COMPLETELY turn your brain off and grind for 10 hours a day like BDO wants you to 

If you play a class like ninja that doesn't have superarmor everywhere, has a ridiculous self sustain that locks you in animation and recover slightly more than a potion if you hit a pool of mobs big as the Europe itself - they shouldn't be obviously immune to CC - you need lots of DP because ranged mobs can fùck you up before you can spot them in a pack, also 230 DP on a class like warrior aren't the same on another class that should be good if you stack evasion while in the end it's not because nowadays everyone can counter a full evasion set.
If you're warrior with pulverize and tempest you can pretty much forget about water, tea, potions and DP since the regen is OP, there's superarmor and frontal block all over these two skills (you can move inbetween or cancel their animation to flee) and if you are zerker you're pretty much invulnerable, even in their set base they got a better self sustain through add-on, while Ninja has that curse more than every other class, even Ranger with his "ok" self sustain has still less troubles than a ninja.

So yeah, it's subjective and if you're naive enough to say that potions do fine in every circumnstance you're forgetting that an efficient self sustain can make the difference in every field, be money saving, be the grind speed, be the survivability, be the ability to DPS in a consistent manner.

Edited by Rayin
1 person likes this

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4k2AzbgPSo

Did Basis with 137 DP, and in Pila Ku? You want to be killing them mobs FAST because grinding requires you to kill fast, you don't go full DP on the desert, kk?

Facts don't care about your feelings, DP is useless in PvE. Evasion build on the other hand makes sense, but DP does not give evasion. It's the gems and enchantment levels. Resistance is pretty nice in crescents too so the big mobs don't CC you. But DP? If you wanna go full DP in the desert go ahead. You go AP + Evasion if you wanna maximize your PvE really, it isn't rocket science that "DP" isn't the thing that makes you tanky in PvE.

Bruh stfu.

You linked Valk a fricken tanky class. Of course you can go somewhere with lower DP.

The people in this thread saying DP is useless.............Valks, Witches/Wiz.

Wow I wonder why you all have that perspective? Can't be because your classes have some kind of built in utility to take the emphasis of having to build DP could it? Naw........that cant be it. Thats too simple

Posted

What gear is that you're using?

when i was fighting that warrior i was at full tri ult grunil with 2 dr gems in chest. now i am switching to full tri boss gear because... why the heck not.

Posted

Ranger here! DP is useless. 

Who needs DP when you 1 shot everything from 15 meters away!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Ranger here! DP is useless. 
Who needs DP when you 1 shot everything from 15 meters away!!

I don't count rangers, because i'm usually dead before I see them.

They are Angels of Death.

Posted

the witches/wiz who say dp is useless are always glass cannon build. i am a witch and i value dp and damage reduction ALOT because my guild is lacking front lines to protect the backlines, and with the death timer change to node war, not getting killed is extremely important. my tankiness has saved my ass countless times in rough situations.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Again, let's return to the meat of the topic, not losing it through groupthink.

I said "DP is unnecessary up to a certain point" this means through your leveling experience you can save resources for later, so when you do get to a stage where you need to invest in DP, you have the resources for it instead of wasting them on DP early on when it's mostly unnecessary.

Am I saying DP is useless for the entire game? For PvP or harder content? Not at all

I'm saying DP Isn't worth the investment until later.

Stop group thinking and coming into this with your feelings and twisting what I'm saying folks. I'm not writing DP off entirely, once more...

You don't need it until later so save your resources earlier to invest in your AP which you need at all stages of the game.

A lot of you are discussing in endgame terms, not from 1-56 which is what I'm discussing.

Edited by MadMaximoff

Posted

A lot of you are discussing in endgame terms, not from 1-56 which is what I'm discussing.

I wore a 0 DP noble's dress from 1 - 50 cuz it looked pretty. This was back in the pre-mediah days tho. 

Who cares about 1 - 56 anyway? it lakes like 10 minutes to get from 1 to 56

Posted

<Snip video of low-AP opponents against 4500 HP zerker & constant SuperArmor>

. Any class with that guys DP could do 90%of what he does, especially warrior/valk/wizard/witch

Lol ... yeah call me and tell me when our Valkyries can get away with that garbage.  Every node war I was ever in, was constantly running into those guys with 200+ AP who lag switched in behind my Shield direction like pingpong balls on Crack

Posted (edited)

Post a video of your 120 DP doing that, maybe ill change my minds about "DP is useless".

Edited by Tricuspid

Posted

ok. so you are saying you wont need dp for the first 24 hours of grinding (asuming you are lazy or take your time).

Posted

ok. so you are saying you wont need dp for the first 24 hours of grinding (asuming you are lazy or take your time).

Well if you want to rush to 56 in 24 hours thats up to you, but ill advisable for new players as they won't establish themselves (low contribution, energy, no trade networks, no workers, etc) so they'll hit a brick wall from not playing the game, plus make themselves PK'able while still working on stuff that'll help them later.

Not exactly sound advice to rush unless you're on an already established account as you are just setting yourself up for a fall.

You get 30 days in Oliva better to make the most use of it you can by establishing yourself, then hitting your awakening in your last server week, when you can set yourself up to be geared as you leave to other servers.

1 person likes this

Posted

Post a video of your 120 DP doing that, maybe ill change my minds about "DP is useless".

lol the first vid is like my guild leader haha. he can rush into an enemy base during node war and like... stay there for 10min while 10+ guys jump on him and cant do shit to him

Posted (edited)

that's, like, a lot of requirements, man. 
my potion key:
OXitOu8.gif

i just wanna see you do it for lets say 30minutes full grind in full +0 armour and no DP accessories :P 
the requirement would be the word "reasonable grind speed"

would be a fun watch xD 

when that is said it makes a HUGE difference if your got 240dp or 280dp when grinding 10h+ in a row. you will get tired, unfocused and frankly half asleep, the 280dp would mean even in pilaku you could fall half asleep and still be alive, while the 240dp you might get 1 shot if you get burst hit by multiple targets while half asleep :P 

now one thing to remember here: you are NEVER EVER supposed to die in pve in this game. in other games death is like a "you fcked up try again, you might have lost 10-30minutes progression at most", in this game death can be like "ow you where unlucky/unfocused for 5seconds without overgear? well you just lost 4+hours of grind in XP and silver and you have to snipe crystals now or have extra's laying around (IF you didn't lose a "one of a kind unique cannot EVER get again" crystal in which case you can cry in that corner with other people who lost that). sadsad try again"

Well if you want to rush to 56 in 24 hours thats up to you, but ill advisable for new players as they won't establish themselves (low contribution, energy, no trade networks, no workers, etc) so they'll hit a brick wall from not playing the game, plus make themselves PK'able while still working on stuff that'll help them later.

Not exactly sound advice to rush unless you're on an already established account as you are just setting yourself up for a fall.

You get 30 days in Oliva better to make the most use of it you can by establishing yourself, then hitting your awakening in your last server week, when you can set yourself up to be geared as you leave to other servers.

if only the game was better at teaching people to set up workers shops, afk income etc. it would be really nice for newer players ^^ and some older alike :)

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

Idk how everyone else grinds but if you are focusing solely on becoming "untouchable" whilst you farm, then I am going to leave you in the dust if we compare grind speeds.
Saying you dont need alot of DP to farm PvE however, isnt inaccurate when you are 1 shotting mobs. Its just that when you compare efficiency to someone who isnt playing the untouchable game they will be leaps and bounds better than you. So in the long run you should be getting DP.

Posted

Update, decided to hit Soldiers Grave with 139 AP and 89 DR. Soloed without much issue, had to get used to the timing of the Skeleton Teleports, but once I got that down it was pretty straight forward, archers were annoying but prioritised freeze on them. Soldiers Grave is the same range as Sausans so unless there's something very specific about Sausans, it also won't be much of an issue either. 

Also decided to do Rednose Scroll with no armour just for fun, he didn't land a single hit.

In case you're wondering, yes I like a challenge, I've more than enough resources to Pri/Duo most of my armor, just seeing how far I can push this with low DP before I hit a wall

Posted

What class are you? My Tamer would get murdered at 89DP in SG.