• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Which class is hardest to play but most rewarding?

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello guys, I just started BDO today, bought the Explorer's package.

I LIVE for anything PvP related.

I know we have to PvE  in order to "git gud" in PvP, which I am okay wtih. I can deal with PvE, I don't care if its slow grinding.

I want a class that is not E Z mode, but if mastered can own everything and anything in the PvP aspect. Give me a list of rankings, tell me perks of each, let me know what's good, I dont know shit about this game HAHA!

Thanks!

Posted

I'm not really aware of a crazy difficult class that owns everyone when played well. There are difficult classes, and easier classes, and they have different strengths in different areas. Afaik the most well-rounded STRONG characters for all aspects of PVP/PVE are Sorc and Ranger. If you focus on 1v1 PVP the list changes, or PVP-only (without taking PVE into mind) the list changes. 

Best advice I could give you is to pick a class that fits your play style and looks fun to you. A skilled player with competitive gear can do work on anything IMO. 

I guess the closest thing to what you're asking for is probably Sorc though. 

Posted (edited)

Ranger can be difficult and rewarding. Realllly rewarding

But if you dislike dependcy archery...musa?

Edited by Tvvin

Posted

Every class in the game are easy to play easy to master, EXCEPT VALK. Valk essentially needs to you press ALOT of keys within seconds for specific maneuvers AND you need to time your defenses because your super armor duration is really low compared to a warrior bursting while super armoring at the same time or Sorc copter.

They become really nice when everybody including yourself gets 240 AP because their skills just scale better at that level (And they can play the guard break game which is VERY important) and because they get a buff that makes them really tanky as burst gets higher. It's called Ellion's Blessing, it makes you and your team really tanky but it you have to TIME IT, not spam it like you do on every other class. But below 200 AP don't touch them PvP-wise.

Posted

As a player that have all alts up to 56 and have dabbled into all the awakenings, I believe for me the Sorc is a hard class to master.

Posted

If you want the class that has to play perfectly to be effective, likely Maehwa. However, that is a really uphill battle and the like 7 of us who main Mae are all masochists.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you want the class that has to play perfectly to be effective, likely Maehwa. However, that is a really uphill battle and the like 7 of us who main Mae are all masochists.

Masochism is the only requirement, huh? Sign me up!

1 person likes this

Posted

Masochism is the only requirement, huh? Sign me up!

lol!

I have trouble enjoying other classes because I find them to be too slow. I'm not usually a speed demon, but in BDO Mae just "clicks" with me and the commands just work for my playstyle whereas something like sorc or wiz I can't ever seem to get the hang of and I, as such, perform worse.

It is, I think, more to do with the style to "clicks" for you than about the larger objective meta in many cases.

Posted

Some classes are definitely harder to play, like ninja, but you still wont own everything and everyone in PvP by choosing such class.

Basically there's easier classes, but they can do the exact same thing(as harder to play ones) and sometimes even better, but with less effort and timing lol. You really aren't gaining any special advantages by playing a more advanced class(other than finding it fun).

Only class that comes to mind is ranger. It can own everyone in PvP and really rewarding. But there's also a huge difference between average and good rangers. There's a lot of mediocre to average rangers in BDO. Meanwhile the difference between an average or really good Berserk or Witch&Wizard, isn't as massive, only noticeable. This is of course imo.

Posted

Sorc, maehwa requires positioning not difficult mechanically, valk but not an amazing amount of reward for your effort until you hit a higher than average ap that's when you start bursting. Sorc probably offers the best reward because once you do get the combos down you'll be getting tons of kills. 

Posted (edited)

I disagree with sorc not difficult mechanically, there is like a million animation cancel, you are the one class that still uses non awakening weapon the most and need to switch often, you need to manage your shards and your stamina. All the default bindings are LMB + RMB <-- true story), so if you fck up on timing just a bit/get slowed you will cast another skill lul. Mechanically i don't see anything harder than sorc except maybe ninja.  

Edited by PanpanTheGreat
3 people like this

Posted

I would say Ninja and Sorc is the hardest to master.

Ninja need higher AP then Sorc to be rewarding tho.

Posted

I disagree with sorc not difficult mechanically, there is like a million animation cancel, you are the one class that still uses non awakening weapon the most and need to switch often, you need to manage your shards and your stamina. All the default bindings are LMB + RMB <-- true story), so if you fck up on timing just a bit/get slowed you will cast another skill lul. Mechanically i don't see anything harder than sorc except maybe ninja.  

If you're quoting me I meant maehwa not mechanically difficult. Just formatted it improperly. 

Posted

sorc is hard to play and very rewarding. Ninja is hard to play and.......... not as rewarding as sorc, let's say :D

Posted

Hello guys, I just started BDO today, bought the Explorer's package.

I LIVE for anything PvP related.

I know we have to PvE  in order to "git gud" in PvP, which I am okay wtih. I can deal with PvE, I don't care if its slow grinding.

I want a class that is not E Z mode, but if mastered can own everything and anything in the PvP aspect. Give me a list of rankings, tell me perks of each, let me know what's good, I dont know shit about this game HAHA!

Thanks!

Maewha/ tamer/ ninja/ sorc there you go.

Posted

Pick any class without grab basicly and add ninja on top of it (coz ninja needs skill to be gud)

Posted

Most of the classes that are hard to play are not very rewarding O.o With maybe the exception of sorc. Most of the time the reason the classes are harder is because they are generally worse off than other classes leaving their game-play to feel lees rewarding overall, but the term rewarding can really only be defined by the person playing the class.

Posted

Sorc. the damage for the class is going to feel pretty rough until you get a solid amount of accuracy and AP but once you hit that point youll have a class the rewards smart playing without making you feel like you really had to work for every kill you get. it's effective in 1v1 as well as group fights and is probably one of the few top tier classes that allows for alot of creative play with combos or openers.

if you're not concerned with having a harder time than other classes I'd also recommend some others.

Ninja, Kuno, and Maewha all have a solid skill cap and can be pretty rewarding in 1v1s. Ninja is an absolute no go in group fighting unless you're picking out backline or peeling for someone else. Kuno doesn't accel quite as well as ninja in 1v1 but shares alot of the tools ninja has for mainhand while fairing alright in group fights with quite a bit more AoE damage and CC. Maewha doesn't have as much of a variety in skills as the other two but has exceptionally high burst damage this paired with their fantastic mobility and super armor allows them to do very well in 1v1 while still having the fast burst and in-out potential to avoid getting jumped in groups fights in between nuking squishier classes.

1 person likes this

Posted

would say musa, but atm in group fights we do 1-2 skills then get out, dont really have a grab but do have spammable super armour which is great for running, so wouldnt really say rewarding, but hey we're one of the best classes to grind with our hp/wp sustain is wayyy better than most classes.

Posted (edited)

Any class with a brained player is very strong in this game, that is why it is so sad that gear is such a viable component.

Sorc is not that hard and maybe after 1 week of pvp you have muscle memory for all cancels, sorc might be harder cause their post-awa mobility and aoe is not so on par with other classes so closing gaps and playing defensive in small scale definitely became harder cause kids just smash their keyboards spamming aoe everywhere after awa, which is a proper strategy

Hardest would probably be valk: no experience but I see it takes a lot of effort and baiting people to land a proper combo, people who can do that and outplay people on valk are very skilled and brained

But tamer you have to press like 30 buttons to kill someone and if you screw up you can start all over again, tamer def harder than sorc, but also rewarding on high skillcap

Edited by Flaw

Posted

But tamer you have to press like 30 buttons to kill someone and if you screw up you can start all over again, tamer def harder than sorc, but also rewarding on high skillcap

I have played Tamer as my main since beta. I watched and heard everyone say it was broken, underpowered, useless, the whole nine. The one thing I did agree with was the very high skill level needed to play one effectively. I have 4 skills hotkeyed normally... and those are even rarely used. I didn't realize how difficult tamer actually was and how easymode some other classes were until I rolled a witch alt recently, just to see what all the hype was about. After almost falling asleep at my keyboard a dozen times while killing anything within viewing range with 2-3 buttons on hotkeys... even up to 55 and beyond... I realized how laughably easy Witch was to play in comparison to tamer to gain similar kills... Not to say there is anything wrong with that, but it made me appreciate greatly the massive amount of time I put into learning combos, flows, what works and what doesn't, cooldowns and the like on my Tamer. I I have 5 classes in the mid-high 50's, Of them, Tamer is far and away the hardest to master (even then you lack some things other classes get by spamming "3" or whatever, but that doesn't bother me)

just my 2c and perspective.

Posted

I have played Tamer as my main since beta. I watched and heard everyone say it was broken, underpowered, useless, the whole nine. The one thing I did agree with was the very high skill level needed to play one effectively. I have 4 skills hotkeyed normally... and those are even rarely used. I didn't realize how difficult tamer actually was and how easymode some other classes were until I rolled a witch alt recently, just to see what all the hype was about. After almost falling asleep at my keyboard a dozen times while killing anything within viewing range with 2-3 buttons on hotkeys... even up to 55 and beyond... I realized how laughably easy Witch was to play in comparison to tamer to gain similar kills... Not to say there is anything wrong with that, but it made me appreciate greatly the massive amount of time I put into learning combos, flows, what works and what doesn't, cooldowns and the like on my Tamer. I I have 5 classes in the mid-high 50's, Of them, Tamer is far and away the hardest to master (even then you lack some things other classes get by spamming "3" or whatever, but that doesn't bother me)

just my 2c and perspective.

Indeed it seems Witch/Wiz must be intended for people who are not capable of or do not want to learn all of the animation cancelling goodness that other classes enjoy. You can quick slot every ability and there are ZERO cancels. You just press your buttons in the right order at the right times and you're playing at near max efficiency. This also leaves little room for high level play - other players who know all your animations and cool downs will have an easy time keeping track of what you're doing. A good player with a grab will be able to yank you out of a hard cast that you can't cancel pretty easily. Don't get me wrong - the classes are insanely strong, I just wish they had the same type of combat play style as other classes. My Wiz and witch are both boss alts b/c of how boring they are to play. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Wizard is by far the most difficult class to play with very intricate mechanics hence why so many people rerolling now. Very difficult to master but once you do its very rewarding.

Posted

Wizard is by far the most difficult class to play with very intricate mechanics hence why so many people rerolling now. Very difficult to master but once you do its very rewarding.

Top KEK xD

Posted (edited)

I've only gotten tamer, valk, and maehwa to awakening so far. I was working on a zerker and a sorc but...I found them a bit boring once I hit 50+ personally. I will awake them eventually though.

Valk encourages active weapon swapping, has loads of cancels, highly mobile, multiple combos, and has some high cooldown clutch abilities. I find it really fun. I'm only about 100 ap atm, working on gear, but I've managed to win a couple duels against similarly geared people and grinding is the most fun out of everything I've played so far.

Tamer awakening feels like something is missing (I'm only 56). I don't think I can really comment on it till at least level 58. Again, active weapon swapping, animation cancels, and trying to combine attacks with your pet. I can totally see the potential here, just need to learn more.

Maehwa is somewhat less complex mechanically than the other two but requires faster button presses to use their animation cancelling, which leaves the skill level high because if you mess up you're dead. Higher awareness of positioning is required, super mobile, can utilise every type of active defense, and while weapon swapping is available in the class it feels like basic and awakened weapons are completely different modes and aren't great at fluidly swapping outside of one or two combos. Although I admit that could just be me having played it less than my valk.

Edited by ClockworkArc