• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hold off on pre-ordering until Daum gives us a clear answer as to the state of the Cash Shop.

114 posts in this topic

Posted

Original Thread

I'm getting some serious dejavu from Overwatch 2 weeks ago.

Daum's pre-order announcement today has caused some controversy as to whether the game will be P2W or not and so we should be getting to the bottom of this since despite the box price on the base game, there seem to still be F2P cash shop items like skill resets and stat-bonused costumes that have rolled over from Korea.

Some members of the community seem to have the mentality that "we don't know for sure what Daum is planning so how can we assume they are implementing their Korean cash shop". That may be true but the implementation of a P2W cash shop is also a very real possibility.

We should not be content to wait for the actual release to find out what Daum has planned. If the Cash Shop has not been changed, how are we supposed to know if any of the P2W aspects of the Korean original were changed.

It is UP TO US to be on top of Daum to make it clear that veering towards P2W with a box price is unacceptable both now and in the future. Transparency by the publisher and objective feedback from the community is the key to ensuring the success of this game. Make your voice heard.

Most importantly, BE CIVIL. We're asking for transparency, not a revolution. Daum has created a beautiful game and while the community should hold Daum to the B2P philosophy firmly, they should do it respectfully.

8 people like this

Posted

I agree, I would like to have more info on this too. I'm okey with a B2P, but not at all with a P2W.....

1 person likes this

Posted

They said cash shot will be only vanity items. They do already released a list. Please keep with the news before posting

1 person likes this

Posted

Just wait a bit more. We got to ask question here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/1241-interview-with-pm_belsazar/ So ask them and wait for a response. I'm pretty sure we'll get a clear picture of what the cash shop will look like after they answer the questions of players, since many players are concerned about it.

Plus, they did state on many occasions that it'll only be vanity items. So, like the cash shop of GW2. Which was vanity items only.

Posted

I already pre-ordered

Posted

They said cash shot will be only vanity items. They do already released a list. Please keep with the news before posting

Cash shop list ? Can you link this one plz ?

Posted (edited)

Cash shop list ? Can you link this one plz ?

YEs i will. give me a few hours because atm i am on class xD is not definitive list but kind of items they put

Edited by Rahnxah

Posted

i really doubt it will be p2w cause korea cash shop isnt really even p2w, i mean ya you can sell the cash shop items on the ah, but the prices they go for are easily obtainable even by casual players. i really like the way they did it. and korea is f2p and eu and na are b2p so it can only get better from there really.

Posted (edited)

i really doubt it will be p2w cause korea cash shop isnt really even p2w, i mean ya you can sell the cash shop items on the ah, but the prices they go for are easily obtainable even by casual players. i really like the way they did it. and korea is f2p and eu and na are b2p so it can only get better from there really.

When was the last time you played the korean version. Ye at the start it was a reasonable price for a costume 4-7mil per costume that was about 1-2 hours of grind but not hey are 50mil which is about 7-8 hours of grind without counting the rare drops you getting. It all comes down to who will controll the prices of the costumes and how fair they do it.

Edited by Merevin

Posted

When was the last time you played the korean version. Ye at the start it was a reasonable price for a costume 4-7mil per costume that was about 1-2 hours of grind but not hey are 50mil which is about 7-8 hours of grind without counting the rare drops you getting. It all comes down to who will controll the prices of the costumes and how fair they do it.

7-8 hours in a week is pretty casual if your playing like an hour a day, most people i know play near 3+ a day and the hardcore players like myself play near 8+ everyday. its not hard to get what you want

Posted

7-8 hours in a week is pretty casual if your playing like an hour a day, most people i know play near 3+ a day and the hardcore players like myself play near 8+ everyday. its not hard to get what you want

ye but comparison to people who just put money in and sell items you can't catch up to them even if you try to and also our version will not have spending limit comparison to kr even though that didn't help much it still limited it for some people. Also the game is heavily gear based so if you want to be competitive you never going to be able to catch up to them.

Posted

I do not think this is a payed to win game... I seen Korean version and the cash shop. Not paied to win at all it's more cosmetics and making your self look pretty there no buff from cloths except the horse might get a speed buff that's it if you wanna see pay to when look at Tera lol and time you gotta grind for months to get something and about time you get it the next patch already comes out and your fuck and the people who already got items at beginning of patch bought all item buy selling items from the cash shop or buying buffs charms what ever it take to be top before anyone else so far black desert trading is lock so no trading mean no payed to win you may have a fast horse but that doesn't help your skill level or improve your combat which that's not payed to win

Posted

It only makes sense that people who don't play as much can't compete with those who no-life it. Doesn't bother me :)  But I always have realistic expectations of online games particularly competitive ones.

If I want to be at the top of the food chain I play single player games. When I don't mind being a filthy casual I play online games :) I don't really care who has what, who is better or has the best gear. That isn't part of the fun for me. I'm there for the experience. And you can have fun even without the bestest gear or the biggest guild.

I don't keep up with the jones. That isn't fun to me.

Posted

It only makes sense that people who don't play as much can't compete with those who no-life it. Doesn't bother me :)  But I always have realistic expectations of online games particularly competitive ones.

If I want to be at the top of the food chain I play single player games. When I don't mind being a filthy casual I play online games :) I don't really care who has what, who is better or has the best gear. That isn't part of the fun for me. I'm there for the experience. And you can have fun even without the bestest gear or the biggest guild.

I don't keep up with the jones. That isn't fun to me.

xD true but I don't think it's a competitions more like some players are more lay back and just here for the ride ^^ I'm more here for and adventure then to heavy grind like other games black desert has a more role play style then to be heavy on gear and crap :> the packs that's are up is a nice piece for us girls to go sims crazy decorating houses! And buying maid dress on cash shop so the packages is a nice touch for the cosmetic fans 

Posted

I do not think this is a payed to win game... I seen Korean version and the cash shop. Not paied to win at all it's more cosmetics and making your self look pretty there no buff from cloths except the horse might get a speed buff that's it if you wanna see pay to when look at Tera lol and time you gotta grind for months to get something and about time you get it the next patch already comes out and your fuck and the people who already got items at beginning of patch bought all item buy selling items from the cash shop or buying buffs charms what ever it take to be top before anyone else so far black desert trading is lock so no trading mean no payed to win you may have a fast horse but that doesn't help your skill level or improve your combat which that's not payed to win

If you can sell cash shop Items for crazy money and use that crazy money to fund easy high gear, it is p2w, considering how pvp this is.

To avoid p2w:

1: Account bound cash shop items

2: Cash shop items give no stat advantages

3: Cannot sell cash shop items for ludicrous amounts of ingame money.

Do not cry out with the counterargument, "b-but they can't make any money like that!" There are other games that solely rely on cosmetics and they do WAY more than fine.

3 people like this

Posted

Original Thread

I'm getting some serious dejavu from Overwatch 2 weeks ago.

Daum's pre-order announcement today has caused some controversy as to whether the game will be P2W or not and so we should be getting to the bottom of this since despite the box price on the base game, there seem to still be F2P cash shop items like skill resets and stat-bonused costumes that have rolled over from Korea.

Some members of the community seem to have the mentality that "we don't know for sure what Daum is planning so how can we assume they are implementing their Korean cash shop". That may be true but the implementation of a P2W cash shop is also a very real possibility.

We should not be content to wait for the actual release to find out what Daum has planned. If the Cash Shop has not been changed, how are we supposed to know if any of the P2W aspects of the Korean original were changed.

It is UP TO US to be on top of Daum to make it clear that veering towards P2W with a box price is unacceptable both now and in the future. Transparency by the publisher and objective feedback from the community is the key to ensuring the success of this game. Make your voice heard.

Most importantly, BE CIVIL. We're asking for transparency, not a revolution. Daum has created a beautiful game and while the community should hold Daum to the B2P philosophy firmly, they should do it respectfully.

Can you also not preorder till after CBT1 so the servers are less crowded?

Regards from all the people who want to support them game :)

Posted

Can you also not preorder till after CBT1 so the servers are less crowded?

Regards from all the people who want to support them game :)

You misunderstood.

We want to support these developers. But we actually know what matters. Our wallets. We are voting with our wallets. If the information comes out and it isn't up to par with us, they will be impacted more if there is no purchase. 

Posted

theres absolutely no point of preordering so early or on day one if it stays all the way up to release

everyone who did is probably a spoiled first world kid or if not a kid then a casual working class retard

Posted

everyone who did is probably a spoiled first world kid or if not a kid then a casual working class retard

ssue.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

theres absolutely no point of preordering so early or on day one if it stays all the way up to release

pikachu__u_mad__bro___by_baltotheshadowhusky-d56tzn9.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

is this more of a "hold off on pre-ordering the game because I cant" sorta thing? or are you strangers on the internet legitimately concerned about another strangers budget?

I know misery loves company and if I had to guess, i'd say this is more of a "cant preorder the game so Im going to masquerade this as taking a stance on something completely trivial"  type deal.

i mean, lets not spend money on a game that we have to eventually buy to play anyway before we know what the cash shop may have in it 12 months from now seems very logical.. #not

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

or maybe just someone with a job ?
you are a troll.

get out of your mom's basement sometimes.

Edited by Sizer

Posted

The guy who made bns na cash shop is also making bdos cash shop. I guess this can help

2 people like this

Posted

is this more of a "hold off on pre-ordering the game because I cant" sorta thing? or are you strangers on the internet legitimately concerned about another strangers budget?

I know misery loves company and if I had to guess, i'd say this is more of a "cant preorder the game so Im going to masquerade this as taking a stance on something completely trivial"  type deal.

i mean, lets not spend money on a game that we have to eventually buy to play anyway before we know what the cash shop may have in it 12 months from now seems very logical.. #not

loved the first part. So true. I mean mind ur own goddamn business right? 

2 people like this

Posted

ssue.jpg

xD yeah! Love this image lol