• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hold off on pre-ordering until Daum gives us a clear answer as to the state of the Cash Shop.

114 posts in this topic

Posted

They said cash shot will be only vanity items. They do already released a list. Please keep with the news before posting

if you can trade them,you can sell them for silver. rahnxah chan didnt you read my threads? :(

Posted

if you can trade them,you can sell them for silver. rahnxah chan didnt you read my threads? :(

The thing is to make them untradable/acount binded, obviously. But I am not going to write again all the wall text m8 :P

I am supirting the opinion fo acount binding the cash items and that is all. People already call goldselling the items trade/farm =u=

Posted

They said cash shot will be only vanity items. They do already released a list. Please keep with the news before posting

so skill reset is only a convience item or vanity? Its not...

Posted

so skill reset is only a convience item or vanity? Its not...

that is right. But is for the preorders. If they quit them from cash shop would be better

Posted

Game is not pay to win. that is a fact

Posted

Original Thread

I'm getting some serious dejavu from Overwatch 2 weeks ago.

Daum's pre-order announcement today has caused some controversy as to whether the game will be P2W or not and so we should be getting to the bottom of this since despite the box price on the base game, there seem to still be F2P cash shop items like skill resets and stat-bonused costumes that have rolled over from Korea.

Some members of the community seem to have the mentality that "we don't know for sure what Daum is planning so how can we assume they are implementing their Korean cash shop". That may be true but the implementation of a P2W cash shop is also a very real possibility.

We should not be content to wait for the actual release to find out what Daum has planned. If the Cash Shop has not been changed, how are we supposed to know if any of the P2W aspects of the Korean original were changed.

It is UP TO US to be on top of Daum to make it clear that veering towards P2W with a box price is unacceptable both now and in the future. Transparency by the publisher and objective feedback from the community is the key to ensuring the success of this game. Make your voice heard.

Most importantly, BE CIVIL. We're asking for transparency, not a revolution. Daum has created a beautiful game and while the community should hold Daum to the B2P philosophy firmly, they should do it respectfully.

Ooops I already pre-order Conqueror's package

76e4e6ea17cfde7d87507b48ca2539e1.gif

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

that is right. But is for the preorders. If they quit them from cash shop would be better

you and i both know it will be in the cash shop as a "convience" item. But we all know deep down this is a pay2win item at endgame if the build you have needs improvement.

not that big, but it is.

Edited by Konijntje

Posted (edited)

you and i both know it will be in the cash shop as a "convience" item. But we all know deep down this is a pay2win item at endgame if the build you have needs improvement.

not that big, but it is.

tbh i do think it will be. I can confirm there will be at least these items + character slots. If they make events where we can get rewards per avatar this will start to stink to p2w. But we have in the preorder packs all the things i suspect they will make more pay to win. The character slots and the skill reset. I do really hope they wont mode from there.

I can accept these things.

At the end game the skills you have selected are really important along having to do all sp quests you could. If end game is making a huge difference wich skills you have, this will be an issue. But is as easy to avoid than cheking a tuto or reading the skills sets your class will have before doing shit. 

Edit: also, as always, only have to say this is the only decent mmo right now so i guess is the only choice  i have too 

Edited by Rahnxah

Posted (edited)

If you can sell cash shop Items for crazy money and use that crazy money to fund easy high gear, it is p2w, considering how pvp this is.

To avoid p2w:

1: Account bound cash shop items

2: Cash shop items give no stat advantages

3: Cannot sell cash shop items for ludicrous amounts of ingame money.

Do not cry out with the counterargument, "b-but they can't make any money like that!" There are other games that solely rely on cosmetics and they do WAY more than fine.

That last point always intrigues me to be honest. 

The ingame money doesn't come out of thin air, it has to come from somewhere. If people can't spend their millions on cash shop items, wouldn't that mean that normal items will see a massive inflation because the money can't be spent on anything else?

Though, i still hope Daum will decrease the amount of silver dropping in the game so you'll be dealing with tens of thousands rather than tens of millions after level 50, which would help a lot with curbing that problem.

Edit: I mean point 3, not the last line. Though, about that - What game only sells vanity items? Tera started selling alkahests, and i think GW2 recently went over the line as well...

Edited by MChrome

Posted

The ingame money doesn't come out of thin air, it has to come from somewhere. If people can't spend their millions on cash shop items, wouldn't that mean that normal items will see a massive inflation because the money can't be spent on anything else?

Though, i still hope Daum will decrease the amount of silver dropping in the game so you'll be dealing with tens of thousands rather than tens of millions after level 50, which would help a lot with curbing that problem.

Edit: I mean point 3, not the last line. Though, about that - What game only sells vanity items? Tera started selling alkahests, and i think GW2 recently went over the line as well...

Prices are controlled by the devs, so there would be no inflation unless the devs said there is to be inflation.

Posted

Prices are controlled by the devs, so there would be no inflation unless the devs said there is to be inflation.

This is one of the many reasons Koreans stopped playing the game. I'm not too sure how much they've been struggling, or if they have at all, but they better not follow their footsteps. They said "we'll listen to NA", and I hope they do listen to us.

Posted (edited)

This is one of the many reasons Koreans stopped playing the game. I'm not too sure how much they've been struggling, or if they have at all, but they better not follow their footsteps. They said "we'll listen to NA", and I hope they do listen to us.

There is only so much they can change. PA will not develop an entirely different game (this is what it would be if all the changes requested were put in) for the west.

Edited by Noth

Posted (edited)

dosent BDO in Korea ect have some currency you can earn ingame ( Not silver) that lets you buy some Cash shop items? think i heard Bikeman ( Great streamer on Twitch) Talk about something like that when he was activly streaming the Korean Version.. they could also just sell the Skil resets(Ect) for Silver within the cash shop? That would be the best thing they could do in my opinion if its such a p2w item  but the stuff in the cash shop shouldnt be tradable since they can be sold for a lot of money on AH so its easy money ingame..

Edited by Xilitu

Posted

dosent BDO in Korea ect have some currency you can earn ingame ( Not silver) that lets you buy some Cash shop items? think i heard Bikeman ( Great streamer on Twitch) Talk about something like that when he was activly streaming the Korean Version.. they could also just sell the Skil resets(Ect) for Silver within the cash shop? That would be the best thing they could do in my opinion if its such a p2w item  but the stuff in the cash shop shouldnt be tradable since they can be sold for a lot of money on AH so its easy money ingame..

Miles points? Mileage is a special section of the store that only uses miles. You get them for logging in each day. Most of that stuff is ONLY obtainable via miles, and in the KR version at least, any actual cash shop items that are also in the mileage section in any capacity (pretty much only dyes) have SEVERE restrictions on them, like can only purchase once per account. There's definitely no currency you can just accumulate for free to get cash shop items with.

Posted

theres absolutely no point of preordering so early or on day one if it stays all the way up to release

everyone who did is probably a spoiled first world kid or if not a kid then a casual working class retard

well we can say if you didn't pre order then you are a poor civil child? The first world kid thing can be considered racism you know and besides it is the same as pre ordering games where the only 2 games I regretted were Halo 4 and Halo 5

Posted

Miles points? Mileage is a special section of the store that only uses miles. You get them for logging in each day. Most of that stuff is ONLY obtainable via miles, and in the KR version at least, any actual cash shop items that are also in the mileage section in any capacity (pretty much only dyes) have SEVERE restrictions on them, like can only purchase once per account. There's definitely no currency you can just accumulate for free to get cash shop items with.

ah ok xP as i said wasent sure what it was but they could make so you can buy Skill resets there? that you can buy Multiple times :) would be a good Suggestion

Posted

Being able to spend in game currency on items purchased from the cash shops causes a massive inflation in any game and destroys its economy, making even the basic items too expensive for the average player.  Look at Tera, right after it went F2P, the average weapon went from a few thousand gold, to well over 90k overnight.  Its not the restriction of sale of cash shop items for in game currency that inflates normal item costs, but the other way around.

Posted (edited)

Being able to spend in game currency on items purchased from the cash shops causes a massive inflation in any game and destroys its economy, making even the basic items too expensive for the average player.  Look at Tera, right after it went F2P, the average weapon went from a few thousand gold, to well over 90k overnight.  Its not the restriction of sale of cash shop items for in game currency that inflates normal item costs, but the other way around.

you know that this wont be happening since you cannot set any own price in auctionhouse (atm) ?

and you can only trade via auctionhouse (atm).

Edited by Kyle Ragnador

Posted

When only a few p2w whales have the most gold,they will push the prices for blackstones/gear extremly up. They dont create inflation,no. They get more money than every other player without spending thousands could do. So prices will be extremly high because these few p2w whales create a extremly wealthy demand to a limited supply. Looking at AA unrealistic prices(50k for a weapon,when you could only make 500-1000g a day with hardcore playing)

Posted

The idea of a p2w cash shop is something to consider before pre-ordering but that really hasn't stopped me (conquerors pack).

I did the same for ArcheAge and soon as it became apparent that it was basically p2w (in my opinion) I stopped playing. The devs of ArcheAge could have got more than the opening $100 or so from me if they didn't make it p2w. I've probably spent $1k or so on League of Legends over the past 5+ years on skins. I understand that people are worried for a game they want to be good but if the business model sucks find something new.

There are plenty of awesome MMO's coming out soon so hope for the best and prepare to be disappointed if needed.

Posted

The idea of a p2w cash shop is something to consider before pre-ordering but that really hasn't stopped me (conquerors pack).

I did the same for ArcheAge and soon as it became apparent that it was basically p2w (in my opinion) I stopped playing. The devs of ArcheAge could have got more than the opening $100 or so from me if they didn't make it p2w. I've probably spent $1k or so on League of Legends over the past 5+ years on skins. I understand that people are worried for a game they want to be good but if the business model sucks find something new.

There are plenty of awesome MMO's coming out soon so hope for the best and prepare to be disappointed if needed.

except star citizien I havent heard of any good mmorpg to anticipate :(

Posted

this thread is so pointless its argueing about something that hasnt happend yet :P
p2w does not even matter , who cares if some player is rich?  they cant influance the A/H 

who cares if they can get high stats on gear if it only rly effects PVE -  what needs 2 be fixed is  how gear  effects PVP, yeah people can spend 1000s euroes  but if it only effects pvp by 10-30% then it wont matter.

what you should be screaming about is not PAY 2 WIN but  ballance , the game will be fine as long as its gear is ballanced 4 pvp , this is all this is the only problem , the  game will die even if they make it so no one can pay 2 win ,  because then it will be no lifers pking u with no chance of u ever catching up because they HAVE NO LIFE ^_^ 

Posted

this thread is so pointless its argueing about something that hasnt happend yet :P
p2w does not even matter , who cares if some player is rich?  they cant influance the A/H 

who cares if they can get high stats on gear if it only rly effects PVE -  what needs 2 be fixed is  how gear  effects PVP, yeah people can spend 1000s euroes  but if it only effects pvp by 10-30% then it wont matter.

what you should be screaming about is not PAY 2 WIN but  ballance , the game will be fine as long as its gear is ballanced 4 pvp , this is all this is the only problem , the  game will die even if they make it so no one can pay 2 win ,  because then it will be no lifers pking u with no chance of u ever catching up because they HAVE NO LIFE ^_^ 

So what would be harder in your opinion.

The easiest option is to turn off p2w(takes one day max. to make cash shop items accountbound upon buy)

The one you are suggesting is turning off the gear enchantment system into something more reasonable. But the endgame is mostly about enchanting your endgear because the actual gear isnt that much of a matter. So they would need to make the endgame way different. Or to make enchants way easier,thus letting player reach "end end game" way earlier than supposed to and leave the game because of the lack of content. Because without RNG detering people to get best in slot gear they dont have that much content left.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am fine with buy to play, but if the cash shop is strictly for lookin' good, I can understand the pay to lood good aspect considering they will need a method of keeping servers running. I would also like to see the servers working strongly, and functionally, with low ping.

Posted

oh a troll

popcorn time