• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Value pack

88 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I feel like without having value pack make me play less or even quit because its huge advantage and not every ppl have 20e spend every month.

Impossible get from marketplace, There should be way to get value pack by playing. even it takes days to farm it..quest?daily, weekly  or smt.

Edited by nonless
4 people like this

Posted

There should be way to get value pack by playing. even it takes days to farm it..quest?daily, weekly  or smt.

You kind of can, you can buy a 1 day one with Loyalties every 14 days.

Posted

You kind of can, you can buy a 1 day one with Loyalties every 14 days.

Yeah.. but thats useless to player who plays 6-14hours at day.

Posted

had the value pack up every month since it's been on the market and haven't spent $$ on it once. just watch the market. the 10m is extremely cheap and if you watch the market you can snag one. if you really play 6-14 hours a day then you should have well more than enough chances in a month to snag at least one just off the bid

4 people like this

Posted

I know so many players that get them off the mp easily ever month but you have to devote some time to it, not just rock up occasionally and have a look.

Posted (edited)

If you cant afford 20 euros/month you are doing smth very wrong with your life.

I suggest that you should get out and look for a job. Stop living on social wellfare.

Edited by metaxa1331

Posted

If you cant afford 20 eiros/month you are doing smth very wrong with your life.

I suggest that you should get out and look for a job. Stop living on social wellfare.

I can afford but i try fight p2w game type games by not supporting them. Its my principle.

Posted (edited)

Learn first what is p2w then cry ^^

and stop trolling other ppl, cause its not even funny ;]

btw. i hope u gonna quit we dont need ppl like u here

Edited by Dawidow

Posted

Trolling nah? im realist. & everyone knows this game is p2w if have any common sense.

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh next crywannabe baby ;*

Keep on crying, I will will keep on laughing from u.

Posted

any advantage bougt with cash is p2w.. there are game that are more p2w 
but bdo is still p2w none the less...  like good luck on getting pen or even tet withou artisan mem
and yea when i run out of value packs i might ahve to quit

2 people like this

Posted

I can afford but i try fight p2w game type games by not supporting them. Its my principle.

Then you should find a hobby that  doesent require any investment. 

if you dont like the system you can do 2 things: adapt or leave.

Dont come on the forums to cry just because you feel entitled to. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Two of the largest player based mmo's still running have forced subscriptions to even access the servers at the same cost as the optional value pack. Yes, one of them can do with it in game currency but only after paying to access the servers for at least one month. Other mmo's have optional subscriptions that grant small perks to using them. The value pack is no different in any regard. I don't see why everyone screams p2w for something that acts like what you used to have to do to play any mmo that is now optional. Will you be at a slight disadvantage if you don't have it, yes you will. Is the disadvantage the end of the world, no it isn't. 

Edited by Kiruna
7 people like this

Posted

Then you should find a hobby that  doesent require any investment. 

if you dont like the system you can do 2 things: adapt or leave.

Dont come on the forums to cry just because you feel entitled to. 

First off i dont cry, this post was meant to devs to read as suggestion.

Posted (edited)

bollocks. I have 8 value packs still sitting in pearl bag, never used, all freebies, and Ive been doing just fine. Sure theyre an awesome help, but not needed.
Why save you ask? I suppose when all the "easy" stuff is done, like life skills, crafting, money, and all that jazz, and i decide to heavy grind from then on out, I might pop them, however I can pretty much gues it will be awhile before that, because theres still other characters that can be leveled after I'm done on the main.

We "long haulers" save our good stuff for later.
While everyone is grinding "the norm" with 2 big expansions still yet to be released, I'll be sittin pretty with a lot of boosts still tucked away for those expansions, and perhaps anything that comes later.  Im sure there are plenty others in the same position.

Edited by Andaro
1 person likes this

Posted

But you did...... when you bought the game..... and??????? Also if you buy it from the MP then that was a successful investment for the player who purchased it so now he's motivated to buy another from the pearl shop and post it again.

Soooooooo, yeah flawed logic or cheap excuse (pun intended).

3 people like this

Posted

Trolling nah? im realist. & everyone knows this game is p2w if have any common sense.

Dont give sh1t what u hope.

yep, definitely a troll. Is the value pack an unassailable advantage that you cannot get through ingame means? 

No. You have to buy it with currency if and when it's up. Sure you'll have to camp for it but you could also ask around to get folks to put them up.

Also just to note the freemium games are far more content restrictive if you don't cough up the green. Currency Caps, locked content and so on. Here you aren't restricted on the content you can access nor do you have to pay for anything outside of the price of a Starbucks coffee for access. 

They have to offer a sweetener to "Sub" or people simply aren't going to get the value pack.

Also what did you do with your Login rewards?  Do you not claim them? They give you 14 days of Value pack from those that is additional to any value pack time you have running already 

Posted

You support them by playing the game...

Pretty loose principle you got there.

Posted

I know so many players that get them off the mp easily ever month but you have to devote some time to it, not just rock up occasionally and have a look.

But it's pretty much impossible for EVERYONE to get one from the marketplace.

Posted

If I could sell you the 7day ones I got, I would.   Otherwise I think you're freaking BATTY if you think the experience of this game is somehow majorly improved by these stupid things.  I wonder if the only people who want them so bad, do so because they overly Fetishize the concept of Not paying Taxes?

Posted

Yeah.. but thats useless to player who plays 6-14hours at day.

Just like you can't afford 20e per month, some can't afford to play 6-14 hours a day. Luckily for you, the advantages of the value pack do not outweigh your ability to play more, so nolifing the game still wins over the perceived p2w.

But coming to think of it, maybe instead of making the value pack more available, one should consider implementing diminishing returns in order to prevent nolifers from pulling ahead too far from those who can only afford a value pack.

Posted

btw. i hope u gonna quit we dont need ppl like u here

some people have family's and children lull

Posted

bollocks. I have 8 value packs still sitting in pearl bag, never used, all freebies, and Ive been doing just fine. Sure theyre an awesome help, but not needed.
Why save you ask? I suppose when all the "easy" stuff is done, like life skills, crafting, money, and all that jazz, and i decide to heavy grind from then on out, I might pop them, however I can pretty much gues it will be awhile before that, because theres still other characters that can be leveled after I'm done on the main.

While everyone is grinding "the norm" with 2 big expansions still yet to be released, I'll be sittin pretty with a lot of boosts still tucked away for those expansions, and perhaps anything that comes later.  Im sure there are plenty others in the same position.

sigh.. let's hope inflation doesn't hit you. Be careful not to postpone and end-up popping them too late. Not saying you are wrong but biggest winners in life sometimes are guys like you that wait but other times (lets not argue often or not) are the one that know when to monetarize on an opportunity which may not be the "long haul". 

Posted

had the value pack up every month since it's been on the market and haven't spent $$ on it once. just watch the market. the 10m is extremely cheap and if you watch the market you can snag one. if you really play 6-14 hours a day then you should have well more than enough chances in a month to snag at least one just off the bid

I call BS!

I have sat by the MP for literally 5 or 6 hours at a time watching VP's pop up every 3 to 5 minutes, sometimes 5 or 6 at a time and never got one.  I can estimate I have spent at least 100 hours trying to get one.  Last weekend I sat there when the sales was at 29013 and bid on EVERY one until the sales went to 29431.  That's 418 Value Packs!  And that was only one day! I've tried many days like that each month and can't get one.

Wife and son have done the same thing and NOTHING!  I have to spend $45 every month for the family to play efficiently while other people brag they have never spent a dime. 

I'm really getting sick of this RNG bidding BS!  There should be another way to get 30 day packs in-game.

Value Pack are somewhat of a necessity for me and the wife. I'm a crafter and have 3 cities with 192 storage slots almost full with Cooking, Alchemy stuff.  Also, I couldn't live without the remote node stuff and the extra weight and inventory.  I look at them like a subscription each month.  

But I don't see how people are getting them for silver when I have to pay cash? Read my other post about how many hours I put in trying to get one off the MP. Hundreds of hours and VP's without getting one. 

1 person likes this