• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pearl Gifting.

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I would like to say this was a post to get the attention of people to stop the +Pearl gift buying. but alot of people thought it was a joke and threw insults and tried to saying i was breaking TOS.

Edited by Rugged
1 person likes this

Posted

I would like to say this was a post to get the attention of people to stop the +Pearl gift buying. but alot of people thought it was a joke and threw insults and tried to saying i was breaking TOS.

Rekt

1 person likes this

Posted

They should REMOVE gifting its another advantage over free to play users. Ppl start request + pearl item even they got silver.

3 people like this

Posted

lol did you gift pearls to random unknow player in hope he/ she will post samthing on ah with a chance that you will win a bid or preorder.?And beacous he did,t post this item on ah you rage on forum?

You are just missing crew member of movie dump & dumper. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

First of, it makes no sense to me people would even try this unless they trust the other person completely (a friend maybe), things like this  have always had a huge chance of being scammed with.

There won't ever be a safe way to do this, its not the intention of the developer or publisher that you will be able to trade pearl shop items directly for other in game items.

Edited by TimeDawn

Posted

You mean you didn't even wait to gift the pearls till after you actually got the item? xD

Posted

a bunch of people i know have done this without any problems. and i only gifted 1000 upfront.

Posted

People can't be this dumb...

1 person likes this

Posted

People can't be this dumb...

I'm not "dumb". I just have faith in people.

Posted

a bunch of people i know have done this without any problems. and i only gifted 1000 upfront.

I have spare dande, only 1000 pearls upfront

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

2 people like this

Posted

Never gift a stranger anything upfront. That is just common a sense dude.You just handed someone you don't know from a hole in a wall $10 basically with only their word that you would get something in return, that is just asking to get ripped off.

Posted

Never gift a stranger anything upfront. That is just common a sense dude.You just handed someone you don't know from a hole in a wall $10 basically with only their word that you would get something in return, that is just asking to get ripped off.

Well how would someone trust me, if i don't show i trust them?

Posted

You live and learn, you just learned.

Posted

Ok, since they added the pearl gifting system back, people have started buying dandi weps by gifting people pearls for them to put the item on the market. well seeing as bdo was doing nothing about this. I thought i would join in on it and i gifted pearls and instantly got blocked by the person "NAVEKI", are they any safe way to do this?

Its even more fun when they gift the pearls and then someone else gets the pre-order :)

Posted

So you just jump up and confess to ignorance, idiocy, and a likely TOS violation. I think that's called a hat trick. :P

2 people like this

Posted

It is said in pretty much every gaming community across the industry.

TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

We do NOT, i repeat, do NOT have a guaranteed trading system.  If you take someones "word" that they will do what they say they will do, you are doing so based on blind faith.
You are fully responsible for those actions, and if you loose out, its your own fault.

That doesn't make it right, and that doesn't mean the other person cant get in trouble.
It just means don't be taken for a fool, and if you do this kind of trading dont come whining to us about it.

Posted

So you just jump up and confess to ignorance, idiocy, and a likely TOS violation. I think that's called a hat trick. :P

nothing in TOS says you cannot gift someone for putting an item on marketplace.

It is said in pretty much every gaming community across the industry.

TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

We do NOT, i repeat, do NOT have a guaranteed trading system.  If you take someones "word" that they will do what they say they will do, you are doing so based on blind faith.
You are fully responsible for those actions, and if you loose out, its your own fault.

That doesn't make it right, and that doesn't mean the other person cant get in trouble.
It just means don't be taken for a fool, and if you do this kind of trading dont come whining to us about it.

I'm not whining. I asked a question.

Posted

Why wouldn't you just see if you win the bid in auction first before sending anyone anything, its not like its guaranteed you would even get the item in the first place?!

Posted

I'm not "dumb". I just have faith in people.

First, MMO's in general are the wrong game genre to have "faith" in people. Second, this community in general is one of the more toxic I have seen so definitely the wrong game to have that misplaced faith. Third, You are paying someone using real money to receive an in-game item which is called a RMT and is a violation of the ToS. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Why wouldn't you just see if you win the bid in auction first before sending anyone anything, its not like its guaranteed you would even get the item in the first place?!

they are none in the marketplace to try to win a bid on.

Posted

i dont even get how all this actually works out. it just doesnt unless rng is on both ursides. and the scamming goes both ways, if that person did listed and u got the item but then blocked the seller. i really laugh at this whole thing ppl came up with. this is stupidity at its finest.

1 person likes this

Posted

You are just not smart as the player that scammed you. First, it's probably not legal to sell in game items for real money/pearls like in almost all MMOs, there is just no possible way to check if someone did that without actually blurting it out like you did (i don't even know why did you think it was a good idea and you didn't ask via ticket/ on forum beforehand) and second, how can you give him pearls first when there is no guarantee that you will get the item from pre-order anyway... don't say you have faith in people when he literally can't guarantee that the item will go to you and not some random player. Also.. you do realize that even if the item was not on market previously you will not be able to put pre-order on it and still need to BID on it with other players when it appears on market... 

Posted (edited)

hahahaha wow you're dumb, learn your lesson :D not a scam, it's just you being stupid. OP's ingame name is Augury btw

Edited by TimeOut1

Posted

First, MMO's in general are the wrong game genre to have "faith" in people. Second, this community in general is one of the more toxic I have seen so definitely the wrong game to have that misplaced faith. Third, You are paying someone using real money to receive an in-game item which is called a RMT and is a violation of the ToS. 

I was not paying for an item. I was gifting for someones kindness to post an item.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well they need to post theirs so you cud buy attempt to buy it first, i mean theres no sence in doing it any other way since theres no guarante you wud get the item even if he keept his part of the bargain.

Not to mention this might not even be in accordance with TOS.

Edited by Paric