• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pearl Gifting.

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Also another thing is why would you gift anything anyway?!  Its not like its a fair trade, if anything you should post whatever the person wanted on auction if its a costume item...  other items I guess sure like weight or inventory, but its not like its a fair trade to begin with?  

Theres just like red flags everywhere and your train of though was what?  I am confused here, gifting someone something is fine, trying to bypass the auction house by promising a gift in exchange for a winning bid seems bogus.  I mean at least win the item first?!  I don't even...  I...  dude what?!?!

1 person likes this

Posted

nothing in TOS says you cannot gift someone for putting an item on marketplace.

Putting people on front street is a forum violation, For the rest of it, if it's not a "letter of the law" violation it is for sure a "spirit of the law" one.

Posted

I'm not "dumb". I just have faith in people.

lol faith in a mmorpg

im sorry for you

2 people like this

Posted

Also another thing is why would you gift anything anyway?!  Its not like its a fair trade, if anything you should post whatever the person wanted on auction if its a costume item...  other items I guess sure like weight or inventory, but its not like its a fair trade to begin with?  

Theres just like red flags everywhere and your train of though was what?  I am confused here, gifting someone something is fine, trying to bypass the auction house by promising a gift in exchange for a winning bid seems bogus.  I mean at least win the item first?!  I don't even...  I...  dude what?!?!

it was not about winning the item it was about putting it on the AH, and i know it would of been RNG.

lol faith in a mmorpg

im sorry for you

how so because i like to believe, not everyone is a bad person? if so i feel sorry for you that your first thought when you meet someone is how is this person gonna get me.

Posted

I wouldnt even trust myself.

Posted

Answered: Everyone is a bad person apparently and never trust anyone.

Make a ticket. Include some screenshots if you have them. The player who ended up blocking you will receive a 30 day ban at the very least. Probably more.

Posted

EVERYONE IS CRIMINAL UNTIL OTHERWISE PROVED.

Posted

Make a ticket. Include some screenshots if you have them. The player who ended up blocking you will receive a 30 day ban at the very least. Probably more.

I could care less about getting back at them, they needed them that bad to scam someone.

Posted

nah

Posted

• The user shall not "name and shame" other users. If a user is suspected to have broken Terms of Service / Terms of Use or taken part in fraudulent activities it should be reported directly to Kakao Games Europe by submit a support ticket.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/announcement/4-forum-rules/ 

Posted

• The user shall not "name and shame" other users. If a user is suspected to have broken Terms of Service / Terms of Use or taken part in fraudulent activities it should be reported directly to Kakao Games Europe by submit a support ticket.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/announcement/4-forum-rules/ 

so would you say everyone here needs to be reported?

6.3. Interacting with other users

• Post made with the sole purpose of upsetting or angering other users are not allowed. All posts have to be made in the spirit of mutual respect.
  • The User shall not attack or insult other users for having different opinions or for making statements the User disagrees with. Challenging the opinions or statements of other users is permitted, attacking the person holding them is not. If the User finds the actions of other users in breach of the forum rules, the Report Function should be used in order to bring the case to the attention of the moderator team. The case will then be reviewed and appropriate actions will be taken.

6.4. Quoting

• The User shall not quote posts who break the forum rules. The User is instead encouraged to use the Report Function in order to bring inappropriate content to the attention of the moderator team. Reported content will then be reviewed and appropriate actions will be taken.

6.5. Abuse of Report Function

• The user shall not abuse the report function. The report function is intended to be used to make the moderation team aware of potential breaches of the forum rules not to get revenge on other users.
  • If the User finds another user behaving inappropriate several times in a short time span, the Report Function can be used, highlighting one relevant post and indicating in the notes that other threads are affected too. If the User feels a thread is out of control, one post should be reported indicating in the notes the whole thread needs attention.

Posted

I say you should have checked both ToS (for your gifting turned into trading) and Forum Rules (for your name shaming) before posting.

Posted (edited)

Pssst! Hey Zegram... I'll trade you a moonpie for 1000 pearls. (Moonpie not guaranteed)

Edited by Asterotis

Posted

Pssst! Hey Zegram... I'll trade you a moonpie for 1000 pearls. (Moonpie not guaranteed)

DUDE!  NO WAY!  Genuine moonpies!?  Well obviously this is one helluva deal no sane man would pass!  1k pearls sent!

Posted

Is pearl gifting some kind of payment method to other players for services like help leveling/boosting? Or am I completely wrong here?

Posted

Is pearl gifting some kind of payment method to other players for services like help leveling/boosting? Or am I completely wrong here?

It's the payment method for my ERP services. The highest quality ERP on BDO, whisper in game for hourly rates and to provide your house number to arrange a visit. 

Kind regards,
Kyungri x

2 people like this

Posted

nothing in TOS says you cannot gift someone for putting an item on marketplace.

Yes there is. It falls under the same conditions as the gold seller websites.

The devs probably don't care that this is going and probably anticipated it, so I doubt they are gonna take action on banning anyone for it...but then if I was going to do this, I wouldn't go around advertising that I did it and be vocal about it just in case it leads to forcing their hand on pushing the ban button.

Posted

Dude got scammed trying to RMT in BDO.

Serves him right.

Posted

A player will gift pearl items to someone in exchange for listing an item on the market. There is no guarantee the player will successfully obtain that item and there is no guarantee that player will also trade the pearl item.

It's a game of trust.

1 person likes this

Posted

DUDE!  NO WAY!  Genuine moonpies!?  Well obviously this is one helluva deal no sane man would pass!  1k pearls sent!

mini-moonpie.png

Posted

They saw this was happening over the holidays. Prolly made them much monies, now it's a permanent annoyance. Yuck.

Posted

They saw this was happening over the holidays. Prolly made them much monies, now it's a permanent annoyance. Yuck.

Are you saying you don't like moonpies?

Posted

Are you saying you don't like moonpies?

I like them enough to sell them in exchange for ERP services, I don't need your competition!

Posted

First of, it makes no sense to me people would even try this unless they trust the other person completely (a friend maybe), things like this  have always had a huge chance of being scammed with.

There won't ever be a safe way to do this, its not the intention of the developer or publisher that you will be able to trade pearl shop items directly for other in game items.

If the buyer of a pre order item is dumb enough to send pearl gifts before the item is listed/successfully purchased... well they deserve to get ripped. Most people I've seen offer +pearl items upon successful pre order purchase. 

Posted

Glad you edited the OP. Please next time avoid naming and shaming, thanks.