• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pure AP earring VS Red Coral Earrings

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm kinda new to all this gearing stuff,  but I have gotten to the stage where I have enough resources to consider and start upgrading my jewellery. I have everything sorted out but I am unsure whether to go for pure AP earrings like witchs or red corals for the accuracy boost. Anybody with experience mind giving me some advice?

Thanks

Edited by Pacbi

Posted

What's your end goal? Pve or PvP? This also depends on the rest of your gear.

Posted

My end game goal is going to be pvp for my maehwa. 

Posted

For PvP i've read that accuracy is pretty important as Maehwa

Posted

If you plan on going kzarka+bhegs just go with 1 tri red coral 2 feels like overkill:P

Posted

Opponent dependent, more and more ppl using evasion offhand in pvp, and you need a lot of accuracy to get through of it. Get 2 tri red corals if you can in case you run into evasion offhand users. Other cases 1 pure AP and 1 Red coral enough. Ofc with Bheg and Kzarka.

Posted

I am also having this question right now. I am currently running 2 duo witch earrings and don't really want to exchange them for red corals. I have kzarka and bhegs and am 58 closing in on 59. So far what I have always heard was that at 59+ with bhegs and kzarka you won't ever need corals. 

Posted

1 x TRI or TET red coral
1 x TET blue coral ( better than tri witch's about the same cost to make. , use TRI untill you can TET one ) 11ap vs 12ap 25wp.
bhegs+zkarka.

Posted

1 x TRI or TET red coral
1 x TET blue coral ( better than tri witch's about the same cost to make. , use TRI untill you can TET one ) 11ap vs 12ap 25wp.
bhegs+zkarka.

i would disagree and say use 2 tungrades for earrings. Maehwa 100% is one of the strongest in the game, it would be a shame if you didnt take advantage of more 100%'s.

You can get accuracy in enough places that you shold really avoid red corals unless you are really hurting for it (go for tet tree spirit instead, for instance)

Posted

Maehwa 100% is one of the strongest in the game, it would be a shame if you didnt take advantage of more 100%'s.

Tungrade doen't make it stronger or faster to fill up the 100% you just can have 120% for whatever 

Posted

I'm going to jump in and piggyback a little because I've been trying to work out a decent accuracy balance for my own current gear level. I run ~180AP and ~240DP at 57 (70% to 58... getting there soon) and have been focusing on getting Grunil/Roc armor to TRI (one more bit) and working on accessories. Running a TRI Liverto currently. The pure AP serves me very well for grinding mobs but for PvP accuracy is obviously an issue.

My own plan is to get green armor to TRI and then work on Boss armors over time (I'm patient). So I'm close. But getting Bhegs up alone will need time and planning.

In the meantime, full well knowing it is a temporary solution until I get proper boss gear, what would be the best way to get the needed accuracy? I can run Ancient Seal/Core for +5 acc, DUO red corals (which I don't have yet but isn't hard to get) and/or an accuracy offhand I grabbed cheap to test (+7 acc). When I run my current ~+15 accuracy I do see an improvement in RBF though the AP loss to get there isn't awesome. Mostly it is losing ~12AP (I could mitigate that by some easier upgrading to gain back another 2-3 AP, which doesn't seem too huge) straight from offhand when using acc instead of pure AP.

What do you think would be best? forget the acc offhand and go seal/core+duo+ red corals x2? Again, just a temporary accuracy fix while I work out boss gears.

Posted

I'm going to jump in and piggyback a little because I've been trying to work out a decent accuracy balance for my own current gear level. I run ~180AP and ~240DP at 57 (70% to 58... getting there soon) and have been focusing on getting Grunil/Roc armor to TRI (one more bit) and working on accessories. Running a TRI Liverto currently. The pure AP serves me very well for grinding mobs but for PvP accuracy is obviously an issue.

My own plan is to get green armor to TRI and then work on Boss armors over time (I'm patient). So I'm close. But getting Bhegs up alone will need time and planning.

In the meantime, full well knowing it is a temporary solution until I get proper boss gear, what would be the best way to get the needed accuracy? I can run Ancient Seal/Core for +5 acc, DUO red corals (which I don't have yet but isn't hard to get) and/or an accuracy offhand I grabbed cheap to test (+7 acc). When I run my current ~+15 accuracy I do see an improvement in RBF though the AP loss to get there isn't awesome. Mostly it is losing ~12AP (I could mitigate that by some easier upgrading to gain back another 2-3 AP, which doesn't seem too huge) straight from offhand when using acc instead of pure AP.

What do you think would be best? forget the acc offhand and go seal/core+duo+ red corals x2? Again, just a temporary accuracy fix while I work out boss gears.

you can go for ancient set and red earrings to get a decent ammount. if accuarcy is a important stat for your class you might go on accuracy offhand instead. Bheg dont give more than 10 acc on +15 and the offhand will have arround 22 Acc on +15. So probably switching the offhand will solve ur Problems for less than 100 mil 

Posted

Tungrade doen't make it stronger or faster to fill up the 100% you just can have 120% for whatever 

while that is true, generally you will never catch your 100% exactly when you get to 100%, so if you get to 120% and pop it, now you have 20% less to wait until you can hit them again.

Posted

i would disagree and say use 2 tungrades for earrings. Maehwa 100% is one of the strongest in the game, it would be a shame if you didnt take advantage of more 100%'s.

You can get accuracy in enough places that you shold really avoid red corals unless you are really hurting for it (go for tet tree spirit instead, for instance)

Tungrades OFC why didnt I think of that. 70mil a piece easy to TRI , yeah use a TET ogre ring too . and PEN boss gears.

like..really ?

Posted

Keep in mind that Tungrade has a better stat enhancement than Witch's and is essentially always a step ahead. So PRI Tung is 9 AP + rage vs. DUO Witch for the same. Depends on your current gear, really. Going past PRI is gonna get expensive.

Posted

I do a lot of pvp, and from my experience. Accuracy does a lot better than AP. The problem is that many people have high dp or evasion, so pure AP is a waste in pvp. Of course you need AP as well, but without accuracy then AP is the same as nothing. 

Posted

I'm kinda new to all this gearing stuff,  but I have gotten to the stage where I have enough resources to consider and start upgrading my jewellery. I have everything sorted out but I am unsure whether to go for pure AP earrings like witchs or red corals for the accuracy boost. Anybody with experience mind giving me some advice?

Thanks

It depends on what gear you have, and what you plan to get, and more importantly, what you can afford.

If you plan on running kzarka, kutum, bhegs, and plan on enhancing to say duo+, you would need to swap out less pieces for accuracy, or just obtain acc through gems. But maybe you want to run kzarka, bheg, nouver...ok, so it would be a good idea to get some additional accuracy. Options: duo-tri tree spirit belt, you miss out on basi belt which at tri is 14 AP, vs 11 AP on Tree, but tree belt also has 4 accuracy, and realistically, you probably will only get the basi belt to duo, at least for a long while), which is the same ap as a tri tree but with no accuracy. These acc vs ap options are also available with red coral earrings, which are becoming increasingly popular. An additional benefit of running for example tree or red coral earrings is they far cheaper than the basi/tung

If you wanna go all in acc, ring/necklace of good deeds, red coral earrings, tree spirit belt. I want to see someone with this Tet+

Posted (edited)

It is all preference. Ideally bheg + kzarka is enough accuracy

So a common misconception some people are having (In some guilds), just to clear this up:

Accuracy = DPS

AP = Burst

The more hits the skill have the higher scaling accuracy gives (Thus said above)

That being said, some skills such as blooming (3x hits) will scale off of AP and do more damage than accuracy

If you are facing Rosar offhand ranger, khutum counters just rosar settings

Any full evasion / dp setting do no damage (120 ap)

Hybrid evasion builds are only effective mainly on witch/wizzard due to their accuracy they get from their skills and this is still being tested for an optimal build

The amount of players in both NA and KR running evasion setting or hybrid evasion setting are very minimal. Even with bheg kzarka, you can handle evasion builds/hybrid builds with enough AP. Many players in KR is moving away from evasion and going back to burst settings

If you are overgeared in AP, you will notice a big difference in damage against evasion settings with more accuracy

Most players in KR who uses tet red coral earing for accuracy, will only use 1, because 2 is too much accuracy.

Having either or is fine. You can even see some players who never used red coral earings like that youtuber from temujin (I have followed him when he streamed on afreeca. He used to use 1 witch and 1 blue coral earing) and that twitch plum with the pen. If you ask any of them, they will say its preference (you see them literally 2 skilling most players, if not, they generally kill everyone in 1 combo)

In terms of siege war/node war, burst is always better (According to myself and most KR players) which is why most people are running full AP

This is similar even to back in KR for some of you people who used to siege with pre awakening pre CC patch with plum/blader.

Everyone ran full accuracy  because hitting ccs are also based off of how many hits you lands and you would chain ccs to kill the openent

Most people in my guild including myself, ran white horn bow during siege war or large scale wars mainly to be able to burst down players instead of chaining cc (you dont really have time to chain cc during siege war).

Edited by BarcodeGod

Posted

Thinking that bhegs and zarka (even both on tet) is enough on mae is just... not true. Did u test it ? Cause i did and its not enough. Most classes (at least on eu) from top guilds play either full or semi evasion builds. I sit on 234 ap with tri kutum equiped + tet zarka, tet bhegs, and 1 tri rce. And this is not yet enough for full evasion builds (looking at wizards for example since rangers r squishy in any setup). Maybe on na u have less ppl running evasion builds but in eu its kinda common that most geared players will run full evasion. Some go hybrid accessories with additional dp (evasion) - to go even further... and be immortal more or less. 

I look at my gearing perspective like this - what do i have to wear to be able to kill anyone? Thats why i build for both ap and accuracy - normally trying to sit in between. So far when i duel tamers/sorcs/rangers kutum was enough (with zarka, bhegs and 1 rce) but for wizards... no way, u need more acc. Test your petal drill since it has 4 attacks and see how much u miss. I hit most times 2 times out of 4 with the setup i wrote above on full eva top geared wizards. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thinking that bhegs and zarka (even both on tet) is enough on mae is just... not true. Did u test it ? Cause i did and its not enough. Most classes (at least on eu) from top guilds play either full or semi evasion builds. I sit on 234 ap with tri kutum equiped + tet zarka, tet bhegs, and 1 tri rce. And this is not yet enough for full evasion builds (looking at wizards for example since rangers r squishy in any setup). Maybe on na u have less ppl running evasion builds but in eu its kinda common that most geared players will run full evasion. Some go hybrid accessories with additional dp (evasion) - to go even further... and be immortal more or less. 

I look at my gearing perspective like this - what do i have to wear to be able to kill anyone? Thats why i build for both ap and accuracy - normally trying to sit in between. So far when i duel tamers/sorcs/rangers kutum was enough (with zarka, bhegs and 1 rce) but for wizards... no way, u need more acc. Test your petal drill since it has 4 attacks and see how much u miss. I hit most times 2 times out of 4 with the setup i wrote above on full eva top geared wizards. 

It's most likely because wizards can be in superarmor the whole time so they don't get cc'd. Also 234 ap with kutum? wtf?

Posted

U think im testing on moving target? 

Y ... 234 ap ;) 

Posted

U think im testing on moving target? 

Y ... 234 ap ;) 

so you have TET ogre or something? because with tri kutum and tri rce no way ur hitting that ap, with full BiS TRI acces you would only have 229ap

Posted

Tri ogre but y i made an error i have 234 ap with witch equiped and not rce (wanted to Point out how good acc can be vs pure ap. I will make a screenshot when im bk home ). I made a lot of changes in my gear though. I use 3 offhands atm and my go-to offhand seams to be black bow lol. 

Posted

I can just speak from personnel experience.  I was running 2x duo witches, TET bhegs, Tri Liverto, Duo tree belt, Tri white bow.  Just recently switched to 2x pri red earrings (kind of broke atm) and there was a huge difference in node wars.  I went from 201 ap to 191ap and even though lost 10 ap, my damage went way up.  Went against same guild and did way better against the same players and was not struggling to kill players as much.  Actually I'm coming across more and more players that are using evasion OH and witch/wizards doing it.  And maehwa built to kill wizards to get into that back line and hurt them.

Whenever I tri the red earrings and get my Kzarka up to tri (50 fs tri!....fail!), i'll probably switch one of them for a tri blue because honestly the biggest shortage I have is WP.  Having 500 wp sometimes isnt enough, you chase in, do a combo, and you are out of WP enough to get out of there.  Can't wait til they put in the 100 wp gems for chest in the game.

Posted

I'm still working on gearing, and currently still don't have Bheg's.  Running Acc offhand, TRI Liverto, and 2x Witch Earrings.  Should I drop the Witch Earrings for Red Corral?