• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cowardly PK

38 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm a huge fan of PVE, but when i do play it, then it's because I want to. I'm nowhere near getting my gear up to where it needs to be for that though, and getting attacked whilst running on a road, which happened today, just smacks of cowardice to me. I don't understand why the system isn't simply set to, someone invites you to duel and you say yay or nay? Surely that would be the best for all?

1 person likes this

Posted

There is a duel system already.

It doesn't get used because all of you pve Care Bears would decline all the time, and open world pvp really would be dead, if it was the only way of starting a fight

Even now the karma system is only used by griefers who don't care for pvp and see it as a way of taking a spot that they don't deserve. 

8 people like this

Posted

I'm a huge fan of PVE, but when i do play it, then it's because I want to. I'm nowhere near getting my gear up to where it needs to be for that though, and getting attacked whilst running on a road, which happened today, just smacks of cowardice to me. I don't understand why the system isn't simply set to, someone invites you to duel and you say yay or nay? Surely that would be the best for all?

We all have our own roles and tasks to fulfill in this unforgiving Desert. And in the middle of it RNG runs rampant and ever turmoil, twisting fragile minds and resulting in innocent bystanders such as yourself vicitim. I suggest using that cursor at bottom left minimap and drag it out as large as you can, then you have better overview and awareness of your sourroundings, so that next time a white dot appears, you will be prepared.

3 people like this

Posted

getting randomly killed on the road is pretty rare. 
don't expect that to happen a lot.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am a new player too and I am taking this game pretty casually. I hit level 26 or so recently but if this PK thing is true I better go full man mode combat training. But the thing is even if I know how my character works, I'd be at disadvantage because I don't know how the enemy's combat works.

Posted

I am a new player too and I am taking this game pretty casually. I hit level 26 or so recently but if this PK thing is true I better go full man mode combat training. But the thing is even if I know how my character works, I'd be at disadvantage because I don't know how the enemy's combat works.

dont worry you need 50 to get pk'd now, just stay casual and dont do the quest to hit 50 and you will be fine

1 person likes this

Posted

What did you lose?

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it is okay to enjoy what you like at your pace and if you feel like testing your skills against other players you can visit the arena sites near the major cities, usually there is always someone skirmishing at the one near Heidel inside the channels #2

BTW super cute profile QY39hR5.gif

Posted

What did you lose?

prob money? 

Posted

prob money? 

How?

Posted (edited)

This game is 90% gear and minimal skill/class, you will be so outmatched by someone nearing 400+ gear it won't matter. You level WAY faster than you can afford to gear up.

Tips:

Enjoy the ride, do all your quests, talk to lots of NPCs, make as many alts as you can (good for energy & CP) and find a life skill you will enjoy so you can make some silver while afk.

/signed PK just begs for the scum of the human race to sit on a random road killing people

I like the traditional PvP/PvE servers it allows people enjoy how they want to play and stop letting the nolifers open guild wars to steal the only good xp/farm spots without  karma hits. With the current setup: PvE players are annoyed at forced PvP, PvP players are annoyed they can't kill more people #facepalm.

Edited by Deadpool
Cause I'm Deadpool!

Posted

getting randomly killed on the road is pretty rare. 
don't expect that to happen a lot.

Well, seems like i was extremely unlucky then, getting pk'd on my very first trade run some time ago. After losing all my crates i had on me i decided not to even bother anymore manually moving crates :|

Posted

Did you guys know you're playing a video game?

lol.

This is a PvP game, it comes with PvP elements. 

Posted

How?

well someone is afk training theyr horse for example:

You killed the guy and his horse stays alive -> horse might have agrod some mobs and get attacked by it why the trainer is alrdy killed and afk. Horse death +1 lose breeding chance + armor get damaged + time he stays afk

You killed the guy and the horse -> altho the horse has no death you need to pay a fine to get it back horse fine + armor dmg + time he stays afk

you killed the dude and his car stays behind mobs might agro the car destroying it + armor dmg + time he stays afk + trade items lose

some people like to toss people in the water to not loss karma lose this happend before the patch and is resolved lose to exp + crystals + afk time + fish?

some people like to hit the guy once and run away mobs might get agro ->death exp loss + crystals + time afk

I can make more and more and you will see how rude some people can get because they think it is "funny" to destroy the gameplay of someone elses. obviously most death will also stress out the person and the clan gets alarmed you just trigger more and more events of unneeded unhappyness.

People are afk for a REASON dont mess with theyr lifeskills which might benefit you in the future.

Posted

well someone is afk training theyr horse for example:

You killed the guy and his horse stays alive -> horse might have agrod some mobs and get attacked by it why the trainer is alrdy killed and afk. Horse death +1 lose breeding chance + armor get damaged + time he stays afk

You killed the guy and the horse -> altho the horse has no death you need to pay a fine to get it back horse fine + armor dmg + time he stays afk

you killed the dude and his car stays behind mobs might agro the car destroying it + armor dmg + time he stays afk + trade items lose

some people like to toss people in the water to not loss karma lose this happend before the patch and is resolved lose to exp + crystals + afk time + fish?

some people like to hit the guy once and run away mobs might get agro ->death exp loss + crystals + time afk

I can make more and more and you will see how rude some people can get because they think it is "funny" to destroy the gameplay of someone elses. obviously most death will also stress out the person and the clan gets alarmed you just trigger more and more events of unneeded unhappyness.

People are afk for a REASON dont mess with theyr lifeskills which might benefit you in the future.

I'll come up with a solution that may blow your mind: stay afk in safe zones.. It works for anything you've mentioned above, there is no reason to stay outside a safe zone while afk unless you're auto-running somewhere in which case you shouldn't have many issues.If you want to do lifeskills or stay afk outside with no PvP risk.. use a lv 49- alt!

See? You lose nothing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Let me save you some time OP.

Here's how this conversation basically goes in post after post on these wonderfully intellectual forums.

You'll get your manhood (or womanhood) questioned for not accepting getting instagibbed by some basement-dweller who thinks he is Conan the Barbarian because he swatted you like a fly in your +5 Grunil armour while you were gathering herbs.

You'll then get told that you should quit as this is *stifles a laugh* a "PvP" game.

A PvP game? Give me a break! The main form of "PvP" is grinding PvE spots, followed by social outcasts hanging around lower level areas to one-shot lowbies to get their jollies.

Any actual PvPer in this game and others must surely piss themselves laughing at this concept. PvP is about challenging yourself against equally geared and skilled players, and winning - or losing with dignity, having put up a damned good fight. It's about working in teams to meet objectives.

BDO is not a PvP game. It's a PvE game with a griefing system bolted on.

Ahh... much better. I needed a rant for the day B|

20 people like this

Posted

Let me save you some time OP.

Here's how this conversation basically goes in post after post on these wonderfully intellectual forums.

You'll get your manhood (or womanhood) questioned for not accepting getting instagibbed by some basement-dweller who thinks he is Conan the Barbarian because he swatted you like a fly in your +5 Grunil armour while you were gathering herbs.

You'll then get told that you should quit as this is *stifles a laugh* a "PvP" game.

A PvP game? Give me a break! The main form of "PvP" is grinding PvE spots, followed by social outcasts hanging around lower level areas to one-shot lowbies to get their jollies.

Any actual PvPer in this game and others must surely piss themselves laughing at this concept. PvP is about challenging yourself against equally geared and skilled players, and winning - or losing with dignity, having put up a damned good fight. It's about working in teams to meet objectives.

BDO is not a PvP game. It's a PvE game with a griefing system bolted on.

Ahh... much better. I needed a rant for the day B|

Thank you for the laugh, wich I needed this morning. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

I'll come up with a solution that may blow your mind: stay afk in safe zones.. It works for anything you've mentioned above, there is no reason to stay outside a safe zone while afk unless you're auto-running somewhere in which case you shouldn't have many issues.If you want to do lifeskills or stay afk outside with no PvP risk.. use a lv 49- alt!

See? You lose nothing.

So your sayiing it is good to annoy the 1 who keeps the markt going for your own satisfaction this really sounds like you ARE a -----. It is not theyr fault that some places has no save zone. 

When some pple are fishing and your killing his ship not only is his boat going to be spawned at iliya island he will be stuck in the middle of the ocean. I can think of way more dickmoves which leaves a disgusting taste in your mouth.

Posted (edited)

So your sayiing it is good to annoy the 1 who keeps the markt going for your own satisfaction this really sounds like you ARE a -----. It is not theyr fault that some places has no save zone. 

When some pple are fishing and your killing his ship not only is his boat going to be spawned at iliya island he will be stuck in the middle of the ocean. I can think of way more dickmoves which leaves a disgusting taste in your mouth.

You're asking for it if you're AFK fishing outside safe zones. It's stupid, use your brain and just don't do it, period. Same with training.

And it's an all-time top 30 fisher and often top 30 trainer who tells you that.

Edited by Capitaine Courage
1 person likes this

Posted

There is a duel system already.

It doesn't get used because all of you pve Care Bears would decline all the time, and open world pvp really would be dead, if it was the only way of starting a fight

Even now the karma system is only used by griefers who don't care for pvp and see it as a way of taking a spot that they don't deserve. 

Ohhh, not again. Come on. You can't be serious.

Need some medicine? 

Posted

You're asking for it if you're AFK fishing outside safe zones. It's stupid, use your brain and just don't do it, period. Same with training.

for certain knowledge and fish you have to be at a spot if everyone stays in the save zone you wont get much fish because it will get exhausted. There is no reason why you would pk him because there is nothing between you guys, saying you only pk hafk people because it is fun is just awfull and not a reason at all. 

Also killing his boat is way worse because he cant get it back unless he goes swimming or asking people to bring him over to that spot. Not only do you waste his precious experience but also alot of his free time, most people work and do other stuff in the meantime and comeback for some relief. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

for certain knowledge and fish you have to be at a spot if everyone stays in the save zone you wont get much fish because it will get exhausted. There is no reason why you would pk him because there is nothing between you guys, saying you only pk hafk people because it is fun is just awfull and not a reason at all. 

Also killing his boat is way worse because he cant get it back unless he goes swimming or asking people to bring him over to that spot. Not only do you waste his precious experience but also alot of his free time, most people work and do other stuff in the meantime and comeback for some relief. 

If it's for knowlege, then it's active fishing, and you can defend yourself or flee as you're actively playing.

Otherwise it's AFK fishing, and that's exactly why you don't let your character alone in the middle of a danger zone while you are AFK (same thing with training) ... Safe zones / danger zone .... Do you understand the basic diffrence ?

If you want to prevent dickmoves, don't expose yourself to them in the first place. Play smart, use your brain, even exhausted spots fullfill your inventory while AFK.

Once again I'm probably a better fisher than you, and I've been kiled maybe twice while AFK fishing since the launch of the game (march 2016), and it was because I did something stupid first (like letting my character alone in the wrong place.), and when hotspots were fix.

Play smart.

Posted

Top 30? I am top 30 in 8 rankings (I actually checked cause of your post).... Who cares about top 30? Even 5th place feels meh.O.o

Posted

don't kill afk fishers outside of safezones, show them the beauty of hakoven island :D

Posted (edited)

Top 30? I am top 30 in 8 rankings (I actually checked cause of your post).... Who cares about top 30? Even 5th place feels meh.O.o

It's a quantitative data of how much you dedicated yourself to an acitity.
If you're in any top 30, that means you've been doing said activity a lot, and thus have experience in said field.
So that was more to  preventively defuse any kind of "you are a supporter of coward PKing" kneejerk argument, cause you know, I fish a lot, and when I come back to my desk, my character is always alive and well.
Why ? Because I don't do stupid things when I AFK.