• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cowardly PK

38 posts in this topic

Posted

If it's for knowlege, then it's active fishing, and you can defend yourself or flee as you're actively playing.

Otherwise it's AFK fishing, and that's exactly why you don't let your character alone in the middle of a danger zone while you are AFK (same thing with training) ... Safe zones / danger zone .... Do you understand the basic diffrence ?

If you want to prevent dickmoves, don't expose yourself to them in the first place. Play smart, use your brain, even exhausted spots fullfill your inventory while AFK.

Once again I'm probably a better fisher than you, and I've been kiled maybe twice while AFK fishing since the launch of the game (march 2016), and it was because I did something stupid first (like letting my character alone in the wrong place.), and when hotspots were fix.

Play smart.

So you think it is ok to assault someone for no reason? 

this is exactly why the karma system is set up, people wants to do things which they like to do, if i'm fishing I'm wearing a fishing suit and have thus not alot of dp or weapon in my hand to defend at all against these kinds attacks. There is no such thing as a justified afk kill it is just plain selfsatisfaction. I set up mostly my character on a place which is not easily seen but people still kill me. 

I'm probably a higher fisher then you because you probably dont know anything about fishing. Talking about nonsense like playing it smart.

Posted (edited)

Stop assuming, it won't serve you, quite the contrary indded.

I didn't say it was ok ("dickmove", do you remember my 2nd post ?), and I don't kill AFK fishers myself. I wear fishing suit when I fish too, but I allways have my combat gear at hand when in danger zone (meaning, active fishing)

Never said nothing about karma either. A Karma system is always necessary in Open PvP games with GvG model.

And you just appear more frustrated than anything else.

I set up mostly my character on a place which is not easily seen but people still kill me. 

This place doesn't seem to be so "not easily seen" if people still kill you.

I'm probably a higher fisher then you because you probably dont know anything about fishing. Talking about nonsense like playing it smart.

If common sense (like you know, danger zones are .... dangerous) and being smart (because you know, if you act stupid, stupid things will happen to you) has all of the sudden became nonsense, then nothing can be done for you, I'm sorry. Basic knowledge you know, not even about fishing, just the game, like if you let your character alone in a danger zone, he might be killed. If you stand in the middle of the highway with your hands on your eyes, don't be surprised to be hit by a car.

Next time, instead of reacting (because that's basically just what you are doing) and putting words in other's mouths, just be smart, use your brain.

I'm master 5, master 6 very soon, so not the best obviously, but yeah, I spent quite some time catching fishes.
Do you see me throwing a tantrum ? No, because I don't do stupid things when I AFK fish.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

Stop assuming, it won't serve you, quite the contrary indded.

I didn't say it was ok ("dickmove", do you remember my 2nd post ?), and I don't kill AFK fishers myself. I wear fishing suit when I fish too, but I allways have my combat gear at hand when in danger zone (meaning, active fishing)

Never said nothing about karma either. A Karma system is always necessary in Open PvP games with GvG model.

And you just appear more frustrated than anything else.

This place doesn't seem to be so "not easily seen" if people still kill you.

If common sense (like you know, danger zones are .... dangerous) and being smart (because you know, if you act stupid, stupid things will happen to you) has all of the sudden became nonsense, then nothing can be done for you, I'm sorry. Basic knowledge you know, not even about fishing, just the game, like if you let your character alone in a danger zone, he might be killed. If you stand in the middle of the highway with your hands on your eyes, don't be surprised to be hit by a car.

Next time, instead of reacting (because that's basically just what you are doing) and putting words in other's mouths, just be smart, use your brain.

I'm master 5, master 6 very soon, so not the best obviously, but yeah, I spent quite some time catching fishes.
Do you see me throwing a tantrum ? No, because I don't do stupid things when I AFK fish.

thats why ghillie saves the day against these brainless farts. Since I hide myself no 1 pks me if im afk but still it is annoying and I can understand this aswell. You on the contrary doesn't try to understand this and be like yolo it is my fault for doing this. which I think isnt right. Some fishign spots are on the sea and there is no where to hide on the sea and I do not like to fight either on the sea so nop, these guys are just being assholes because they can.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, they act assholes because they can, but you have the tools to prevent them doing so to you.

It's up to you to use them.

Posted (edited)

Ahh... much better. I needed a rant for the day B|

- Lol. :D

Yes I agree with that. The 70% (or more) of the entire game is about PVE leveling and money making, that you can spend on PVP.

Rule #1 learn to use your minimap as a rearview mirror if you are out in the wild. Rule #2, stay in safe zones. Rule #3 gather your mates and do common activities together. There will be always idiots in an open world PVP enabled game, who think their d*cks are getting harder after an unexpected kill. Easy kill = soft d*ck. :) Imo.

Another solution that could help a bit to make the 3, 4, 5 or just 5, 6 or just the 6 :) channel for only PVE, for safety gathering, trading, and fishing. Do not mess with the fisherman's. :) They have enough money to buy a good gear and kick your ass, and they are a lot. :) They will chase you from Epheria Port through the desert to Arehaza. :D

See the good thing, on the east (KR) the people are much more crazier than on the west. :)

Edited by Vyky

Posted

getting randomly killed on the road is pretty rare. 
don't expect that to happen a lot.

Wrong I know of four instances between me and another player in the last few weeks. It's like shooting someone in the back. Cowardly. 

How do they know you're a Carebear, we might have whomped their ass if challenged to a fair fight.

Posted

Maybe it's just me but before these new server changes I was only ever PKed once but now since the server changes I have been PKed more. But it's gotten to the point I am being called homophobic names by other player's after they have killed me just because I didn't fight back. The thing is even if I had wanted too I wouldn't have stood a chance because all times I have been horse training/capturing horses and therefore had my horse training suit on, instantly makes me vulnerable. I mean if you really wanted a fair fight why not challenge somebody who is in your grind spot or whatever it is people argue about all the time. Frankly killing somebody AFK seems pointless, and calling me homophobic names after killing me doesn't make you stronger. I like to think I am the better person because I choose to walk away and ignore the names. Don't fuel the fire no?.

1 person likes this

Posted

Let me save you some time OP.

Here's how this conversation basically goes in post after post on these wonderfully intellectual forums.

You'll get your manhood (or womanhood) questioned for not accepting getting instagibbed by some basement-dweller who thinks he is Conan the Barbarian because he swatted you like a fly in your +5 Grunil armour while you were gathering herbs.

You'll then get told that you should quit as this is *stifles a laugh* a "PvP" game.

A PvP game? Give me a break! The main form of "PvP" is grinding PvE spots, followed by social outcasts hanging around lower level areas to one-shot lowbies to get their jollies.

Any actual PvPer in this game and others must surely piss themselves laughing at this concept. PvP is about challenging yourself against equally geared and skilled players, and winning - or losing with dignity, having put up a damned good fight. It's about working in teams to meet objectives.

BDO is not a PvP game. It's a PvE game with a griefing system bolted on.

Ahh... much better. I needed a rant for the day B|

Yeah, so much this and then some. 

Posted

getting randomly killed on the road is pretty rare. 
don't expect that to happen a lot.

2 times from the same person today in 10 minutes... + he killed me 2 more times before near Sausans.  :P

Posted

If they deleted open pvp system from BDO game would have to shut down in a month. It's the only reason 50% of playerbase play the game. And pk for fun is ok. It' a normal thing in any mmo with pvp. Deal with it or play something else.

Posted

I'm a huge fan of PVE, but when i do play it, then it's because I want to. I'm nowhere near getting my gear up to where it needs to be for that though, and getting attacked whilst running on a road, which happened today, just smacks of cowardice to me. I don't understand why the system isn't simply set to, someone invites you to duel and you say yay or nay? Surely that would be the best for all?

You seem to be offended by cowardice, and at the same time you are asking to be protected by a duel system. Isn't it ironic?

Posted

Well, seems like i was extremely unlucky then, getting pk'd on my very first trade run some time ago. After losing all my crates i had on me i decided not to even bother anymore manually moving crates :|

Are you sure you got PK'd or did bandits kill you on the way?

Posted

you guys want a pro tip? , do your fishing on a level 49.9999999 alt, that way people cant you know, pk you.