• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why do you enjoy Black Desert?

102 posts in this topic

Posted

PROs:

Combat is fun as heck

Graphics uber purdy

I can milk cows and suck trees

My guildies are awesome

CONs:

Combat is unbalanced

Graphics have pop in :(

Energy cost isn't factored in to MP item prices...

Item degrading / can't force weapons/armor

Posted

Fun game

Interesting combat.

Good graphics.

Still alot of things to do and discover.

More fun with friends / guildies , getting griefed and seeing people from guild come help is actually nice.

Grinding usually feels more rewarding when done with someone you talk to (discord usually).

Not fun stuff?

The community , its shit and toxic , reading so much negative all around will eventually kill the mood and its actually quite sad.

Wish PA/Kakao/Mods/GM's would care more about the(ir) game and do something about the toxicness of community.

b8c53be850.png

Posted

It boils down to the game being fun to play, that being said though the...

Atmosphere is dope, world detail is dope, open world is dope, combat is smooth as silk...  which is dope, graphics are dope, life skills and non combat related activites are dope, I personally get a grand sense of adventure when I'm playing the game and not min-maxing stats like I currently am and thats dope, exploration is dope, sailing the seas and pretending to be a marauding, wench hunting scurvy dog is dope, and it goes on and on.  

I dunno, a lot of what I like about the game is what I make of it myself, not like grinding or gearing but the experience I create for myself when playing...  thats a hard thing to quantify or put into words...  I just kick back and have fun playing the game *shrug*

1 person likes this

Posted

Combat, graphics, the ability to do stuff by yourself without help, not forced daily dungeon spamming, I can choose what I want to do, life skills and grinding is very rewarding and worth doing, huge -----ing map, events, PvP is decent, node wars, housing etc. etc.

What sucks tho... failstacking is taking hours, suiciding hundred times to downgrade +15 gear, karma system is kinda crap, PvP should be more skill-based, many hidden stats or unexplained things etc. etc.

Posted

Combat, graphics, the ability to do stuff by yourself without help, not forced daily dungeon spamming, I can choose what I want to do, life skills and grinding is very rewarding and worth doing, huge -----ing map, events, PvP is decent, node wars, housing etc. etc.

What sucks tho... failstacking is taking hours, suiciding hundred times to downgrade +15 gear, karma system is kinda crap, PvP should be more skill-based, many hidden stats or unexplained things etc. etc.

I totally agree with you. I wish they keep things less ambiguous.

I haven't done any PvP in this game yet. Some people say it's gear based, some said skill based. Too much RNG in gear from what I can see. So which one is true?

Posted (edited)

P
V
E
PVE.
The game design / mechanics are surprisigly well thought
the amount of work they must have put in this is insane,
this is by far the most well designed and inspired Mmo I've seen so far.
I have yet to hit an invisible wall somewhere.There's so much stuff on screen sometimes I Wonder how the game doesn't crash.
Unfortunetaly this game is advertised as a gankfest ,it's way more than that.
...at least until Lvl 50.

Edited by TucoRamires

Posted

sailing the seas and pretending to be a marauding, wench hunting scurvy dog is dope

i named my vessel the WenchOfTheWharf, u can ride her anytime

I totally agree with you. I wish they keep things less ambiguous.

I haven't done any PvP in this game yet. Some people say it's gear based, some said skill based. Too much RNG in gear from what I can see. So which one is true?

good gear is what will save you in battle. Thst being said, there is a point where if everyone was equally geared, knowing your class's strengths and weaknesses will determine who wins fights. Some classes are harder to master, some are gods with little skill required. 

Posted

combat system for me,
i think that new mmorpg should make the same like bdo did,
i think that 'tab targeting' combat is not cool anymore xD

Posted

Graphics and combat system. I don't like any other aspects of the game and I will quit as soon as another game will offer me those two things.

Posted

not forced daily dungeon spamming,

but you spam the same grind spot because only a few a really interesting, or spam particular one for an item having 0.000001% drop rate.

Honestly, its not better than "forced daily dungeon spamming"

Posted

but you spam the same grind spot because only a few a really interesting, or spam particular one for an item having 0.000001% drop rate.

Honestly, its not better than "forced daily dungeon spamming"

We have field/world boss spamming instead

Posted

Combat system & graphics

Posted (edited)

We have field/world boss spamming instead

that too yeah, like i said, clearly not better, especialy since a such trash boss spawn timer. And the X second scroll boss spawn cutscene is so damn annoying for a "boss spam" 9_9 ( and the boss fight are so far not even very interesting because very very average mechanic + super desync )

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

I don't. I never had any intention to even play this game when it launched because this game never captivated me. I am only playing this because there isn't ----- all else to play. If all the previous MMOs I played like didn't suicide and/or go Free to Pay (TERA, BnS, Wildstar, GW2, Archeage, Vindictus.........)  I would most definitely still be playing at least one those games because some of those are much better games than BDO at their core. But at this point it is scientifically proven that the amount of chromosomes MMO publishers/developers have are astronomically lower than your average game developer/business person. Besides WoW, I will just assume every new MMO from this point on will be utterly destroyed, literally by it's own staff, in less than 1 to 2 years.

Edited by MMOStein
2 people like this

Posted

that too yeah, like i said, clearly not better, especialy since a such trash boss spawn timer. And the X second scroll boss spawn cutscene is so damn annoying for a "boss spam" 9_9 ( and the boss fight are so far not even very interesting because very very average mechanic + super desync )

Doing 10x relic scrolls is a form of torture and should be outlawed by the United Nations. I just tend to sell relic shards and use them to fund pila fe scrolls. 

Posted

Tamer :3

Posted

i named my vessel the WenchOfTheWharf, u can ride her anytime

SCORE!

But for reals though, I have been prepping up all my materials for the Eupharia Sailing Ships when they come out, can't wait.  I so wish the cabin was a small player house that would straight up be amazing!

1 person likes this

Posted

SCORE!

But for reals though, I have been prepping up all my materials for the Eupharia Sailing Ships when they come out, can't wait.  I so wish the cabin was a small player house that would straight up be amazing!

They need to introduce some new poses so people can recreate that famous scene from Titanic on the front of the new ships.

Posted (edited)

Doing 10x relic scrolls is a form of torture and should be outlawed by the United Nations. I just tend to sell relic shards and use them to fund pila fe scrolls. 

ahah.

yeah, i confess i never really did scroll boss spam, but, just doing 2 in a row i already wanted to press the /suicide button.

On paper, field boss / dungeon are nice, the problem is just how thoses lazy ass mmo devs use them. So their absolute need for somes loots.

( memory frag is one of the worse mechanic ever, and instead of improve that, no, they nerfed it even more because artisant memory 9_9 )

Edited by woots

Posted

Pro's:

• graphics & combat
  • STRONG sense of achievement in basically everything you do in this game, since the game usually just -----s you over everywhere.
  • having something to run in the background & afking while I'm thinking about what other better games i could play, or am waiting for other releases.

Con's:

• everything else

Posted

I enjoy the tortures of RNG .................really i do :)

Posted

They need to introduce some new poses so people can recreate that famous scene from Titanic on the front of the new ships.

They need to introduce a pole dance pose exclusive for tamer imo

Posted

They need to introduce a pole dance pose exclusive for tamer imo

Sorcs get a twerk.

Warriors get dabbing.

Posted

The soundtrack

Posted

The community , its shit and toxic , reading so much negative all around will eventually kill the mood and its actually quite sad.

Welcome to the world. Maybe there are some exceptions in the whole wide gaming world in some small communities. But usually if you have a mass of players you will realize that the most are just not cool.