• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Any Suggestion Ever Got implemented?

82 posts in this topic

Posted

I asked for water bottle gathering to be automatic.

That happened. Huge relief! 

That too!  Tons of little things like this.

Posted

I'm still waiting on females being allowed to have normal feet xD

I can't stand heels.

Posted

I like when people say that they do listen to our feedback and implement some of our(EU/NA) suggestions. But the truth is: 1. Kakao is a team of people whose sole and only purpose is to take care of the servers, patch the game and do bug reports, that's it.

The small changes we got in our version pretty much were overwritten with KR changes because PA is too lazy to make custom patches for our version. So this means whatever change KR gets, we get at some point, whether it's in the same order or not.

Sorry to crush your dreams but EU/NA feedback is equal to 0. If you want to contribute with feedback best is to learn Korean and give it on the KR forums where it actually matters.

2 people like this

Posted

all of which is not suggestions on this forum but part of the KR version :/ 

you are too stupid to be such an ahole you know, and i would bet my right arm you're also too ugly for it. so try to behave yourself ^^

that's what i've been thinking. i can't come up with a single suggestion from this forum which have had any impact at all on our current version :/  it makes me wonder why we even have a suggestion forum in the first place and why Kakao can't just stated "Nothing you suggest will ever make a difference so don't wasted your time", if that is the case ofc :)

there is a VERY long list of broken promises and direct lies. but what i am interested in here in this thread is if Anyone can come up with a single idea/suggestion which have been implemented in our version which was done because it was on this forum.

meaning if there is anything which has actually come out of those thousands of suggestion posts or if it have just been a colossus wasted of people's time to make them :/

They raised the pvp level to 50 and for those who do not want to get pk etc, they can stay at 49.99 as long as they don't do the Belmore quest.  There are a lot of other things that they have done, but that one was off the top of my head. 
There is your single example. 

Posted

They raised the pvp level to 50 and for those who do not want to get pk etc, they can stay at 49.99 as long as they don't do the Belmore quest.

What they finaly did is set back the original kr setting after a little year 9_9

they dragged their feet like crazy before finaly change that back, sure they finaly did, but its more a good exemple of a messy internal organization / communication.

which still show the same thing, they can so / change something if Kr have it too.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I know of one for sure, I like giving out gift games for polar bears and in general just go cheer up the community, they originally said you could do 10 a month, we were limited to 10 period, I contacted support and pointed that out and viola, last patch (just like yesterday) the gifting was reset so I'll be able to gift 10 more games to people.

I'm sure they listen and pass on info to Pearl Abyss, but its not like this content or changes can be made overnight you know.  Plus some ideas are just don't fit the game so those are a no.

Edited by Zegram

Posted

I recommended moving the function keys from F1-F4 to F5-F9 and I'm glad to see they implemented it.

Posted

• New skin tone options, before NA/EU the bottom half of the options weren't available.
  • Personal elephants (used to be all elephants were guild only.. guess their solution was to give baby elephants)
  • Personal battleships (used to be all of the larger ships were guild only)
  • New Faces for NA/EU (that were also added in KR/RU, but they were made for NA/EU after we asked)
  • A bald option
  • Fixing character hair lighting at dawn/dusk (suggested a lot both in KR and NA/EU, currently only out in KR)
  • Rearranging characters
  • Allowing our own character portraits on the esc menu
  • Young Wizards (asked for both here and in KR)
  • 4 pets
  • Gifting
  • NPC Clothes as outfits
  • PVP Penalty Changes (eventually revoked, as people were making others lose a lot of EXP)
  • EXP Changes (eventually revoked because holy hell that was bad)
  • Not implementing selling on the Pearl Shop (eventually revoked)
  • Not implementing multiple things that are on the KR cash shop
  • Multiple servers (eventually merged)

And plenty of others I'm not remembering.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've personally had a couple of mine implemented, though I can't claim to be responsible for it since someone else may have suggested it before I have.

This is untrue. 

Posted

Yes, some suggestions were definitely implemented. Here are some I can remember:

1. Younger Wizards
  2. Automatic water gathering
  3. Energy showing up on Character Switch menu
  4. Being able to rearrange your characters
  5. More Co-OP content (coming with Kamasylvia)
  6. PvP level raised to 50
  7. Character Portraits on ESC menu
  8. More hairstyles/skin tones

Posted (edited)

I had a few good ideas. Didnt see any of them till niw. Most of them were stuff like adding unique boss like mobs with a lot of hp for solo hunters with rare drops. Or some new weapons with special effects like elemental dmg haste double procs. Or live world events which would give good amount of exp and special seals to buy rare stuff like tet pen gear lifeskill clothes,  similar to fate events in ffxiv... 

Edited by Ayvaza

Posted

I had a few good ideas. Didnt see any of them till niw. Most of them were stuff like adding unique boss like mobs with a lot of hp for solo hunters with rare drops. Or some new weapons with special effects like elemental dmg haste double procs. Or live world events which would give good amount of exp and special seals to buy rare stuff like tet pen gear lifeskill clothes,  similar to fate events in ffxiv... 

Actually, there are already some "unique boss like mobs with a lot of HP for hunters". They are in Valencia, and they must be done in parties of 5 members because of how strong they are. It's not for solo hunters, but it's a start.

Posted

Actually, there are already some "unique boss like mobs with a lot of HP for hunters". They are in Valencia, and they must be done in parties of 5 members because of how strong they are. It's not for solo hunters, but it's a start.

im still a big fan of ffxi, it had a lot of notorious/named monsters. Each mob had a unique drop, that kind of boss was my suggestion.

But im still going for the open world live events, would br awesome to grind near velia :)

Posted

A lot of the changes to support disabilities/colour blindness were suggested here and implemented within a few weeks. Best response from any developer I've seen.

But that wasn't about microissues like PVP balance or P2W myths and purely issue preventing some from playing 100% of the game so probably not much interest here... ;)

Posted

Most features that were changed for our version have been phased out, the individual servers, the exp loss on death, the no selling cash shop items and so on.

We're just getting what KR wants, and rightly so, it's a KR game. 

People might suggest something like young wizards, but you'd be deluded if you think it was implemented because the idea was posted on the forum, it's either something Kakao were going to do anyway or something the KR community wanted. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

• New skin tone options, before NA/EU the bottom half of the options weren't available.
  • Personal elephants (used to be all elephants were guild only.. guess their solution was to give baby elephants)
  • Personal battleships (used to be all of the larger ships were guild only)
  • New Faces for NA/EU (that were also added in KR/RU, but they were made for NA/EU after we asked)
  • A bald option
  • Fixing character hair lighting at dawn/dusk (suggested a lot both in KR and NA/EU, currently only out in KR)
  • Rearranging characters
  • Allowing our own character portraits on the esc menu
  • Young Wizards (asked for both here and in KR)
  • 4 pets
  • Gifting
  • NPC Clothes as outfits
  • PVP Penalty Changes (eventually revoked, as people were making others lose a lot of EXP)
  • EXP Changes (eventually revoked because holy hell that was bad)
  • Not implementing selling on the Pearl Shop (eventually revoked)
  • Not implementing multiple things that are on the KR cash shop
  • Multiple servers (eventually merged)

And plenty of others I'm not remembering.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've personally had a couple of mine implemented, though I can't claim to be responsible for it since someone else may have suggested it before I have.

i like the listing of stuff that was changed even if it got changed back.

the cashshop lacking valk tears and Random p2w boxes as well is a nice change we "got".

but besides those none of the relevant changes to the current version we got now was done because of suggestions on these forums made, and some of these are not in our version yet, and several of them are improved in KR version (we are behind. 5pets on kr as example).

not sure with skin tone though that could be one thing ^^ so thats maybe 1. which is cool but yer ^^

Automatic water bottle gathering

young wizard

was not because of eu/na forums, was made from kr because every kr used macro to do it and complained about it.
young wizard was same issue, complains since day 1 on KR ^^

Yes, some suggestions were definitely implemented. Here are some I can remember:

1. Younger Wizards
  2. Automatic water gathering
  3. Energy showing up on Character Switch menu
  4. Being able to rearrange your characters
  5. More Co-OP content (coming with Kamasylvia)
  6. PvP level raised to 50
  7. Character Portraits on ESC menu
  8. More hairstyles/skin tones

none of these where done because of na/eu, these would all be there with or without us and our input have had no value on these.

PvP lvl raised is the same as KR have had, they changed it back from the lvl45 which no one had a clue why was there in the first place as it didn't follow either kr or ru version and made no sense since no one wanted it.

maybe hairstyle/skintones could be 1 though ^^

What they finaly did is set back the original kr setting after a little year 9_9

they dragged their feet like crazy before finaly change that back, sure they finaly did, but its more a good exemple of a messy internal organization / communication.

which still show the same thing, they can so / change something if Kr have it too.

yup this

A lot of the changes to support disabilities/colour blindness were suggested here and implemented within a few weeks. Best response from any developer I've seen.

But that wasn't about microissues like PVP balance or P2W myths and purely issue preventing some from playing 100% of the game so probably not much interest here... ;)

pretty sure those where already in the KR version when we got them. any doc on this one?.

but cool they got it in early on and cooler if it was actually done on the background of na/eu wanting it (pretty sure it wasnt though).

and absolutely interesting :D what i want to see is what these forums actually does, since from what i have been able to tell the thousands of suggestions have been completely ignored and a wasted of time from the playerbase :)

Most features that were changed for our version have been phased out, the individual servers, the exp loss on death, the no selling cash shop items and so on.

We're just getting what KR wants, and rightly so, it's a KR game. 

People might suggest something like young wizards, but you'd be deluded if you think it was implemented because the idea was posted on the forum, it's either something Kakao were going to do anyway or something the KR community wanted. 

considering a big part of their income is from the EU/NA/RU/whichever other regions is now getting added, saying "rightfully so" is quite silly imho.

anyway thanks for the input ^^

No, because most things suggested are bad ideas. Like male ranger, bad idea. Too much work as well for little demand. NA = little demand. KR = don't care.

Korea isn't gonna be like "Oh, NA wants male ranger." "Okay we make male ranger for NA"
It's more like "Oh, NA wants male ranger" "I don't care." 

all of these:

"it's because EVERY suggestion sucked!" is just deeply silly -_-
you cannot possibly believe that there isn't a single good suggestion that would improve the gameplay experience of the playerbase within the literally thousands of idea's on the forum.... if you do so you are just being ignorant in your stubbornness.

Edited by Tjaranis
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They did try during betas and early release, where they did communicate and even implement some minor quality of life stuff and content (I won't bother listing), I used to praise and appreciate their efforts at that time ( I also had different kind of view, attitude, enthusiasm and aspirations for the game). After a couple of forum holocausts and jouska's promotion later, came the deafening radio silence. Nowadays my attitude ranges from indifferent to neutral, nothing personal towards any of the staff here, they are just doing their job.

Edited by Beeso
4 people like this

Posted

They did try during betas and early release, where they did communicate and even implement some minor quality of life stuff and content (I won't bother listing), I used to praise and appreciate their efforts at that time ( I also had different kind of view attitude, enthusiasm and aspirations for the game). After a couple of forum holocausts and jouska's promotion, came the deafening radio silence.

yer i feel much the same way :)

Posted

While both are KR and NA/EU have feild bosses NOW that did not use to be the case as KR only recently got field bosses so for the longest time field bosses have been NA/EU only which is something people actually asked for during the beta from what I can remember.  Apart from that no nothing people wanted was added by any request.

People asked for raid bosses like in Lineage 2 - where bosses are a bait for PvP and clan war. While kakao delivered us RNG bullshit where half server hit single boss. So no, that is not what people asked for.

Posted

No, because most things suggested are bad ideas. Like male ranger, bad idea. Too much work as well for little demand. NA = little demand. KR = don't care.

Korea isn't gonna be like "Oh, NA wants male ranger." "Okay we make male ranger for NA"
It's more like "Oh, NA wants male ranger" "I don't care." 

Posted

Its kinda heartbreaking to see how some people, in 2017, still expect Korean devs to listen to a Western playerbase.

Posted (edited)

You can force to TRI, which was something they did to make getting to that level of gear easier.

Also our gear doesn't explode on fail.

Other people have mentioned lots of things they changed for us. One of the small things people forget is we wanted to toggle helms, they fixed that for us while we were still early on and it was forgotten. Sure KR got it first but they always do. (KR may have also wanted it, but it was discussed on our forums too, and we got it)

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

So i was sitting here thinking:

"have ANY suggestion on this forum ever made a difference? have there been any changes to our current version of the game based on a suggestion made on this forum?"

i can't come up with one. the only thing i can see is "valk tears" which isn't implemented in our version. but that's more a subtraction (good one imho) than it's something changed/implemented based on any of the thousands of suggestions made to try and help better the game :)

so i am asking you guys: do you know of any suggestion which have actually made a difference to our current version? please stated it and the change if you got one ^^

I was think the exact same thing. Does BDO ever look at your suggestions? Does any of them ever get implanted or have they just given us a system to vent, share and complain on? 

Posted

This is untrue. 

I meant selling Pearl items on the marketplace.  Originally it wasn't in.  I was tired!

Posted

I believe every item on the list was implemented first in KR before NA/EU with the exception of Field Bosses.

I'm still hoping for a Fan house decoration item to keep me cool when I sleep in my cash-shop bed.

Posted

i like the listing of stuff that was changed even if it got changed back.

the cashshop lacking valk tears and Random p2w boxes as well is a nice change we "got".

but besides those none of the relevant changes to the current version we got now was done because of suggestions on these forums made, and some of these are not in our version yet, and several of them are improved in KR version (we are behind. 5pets on kr as example).

not sure with skin tone though that could be one thing ^^ so thats maybe 1. which is cool but yer ^^

Yes, KR might have improved versions of them, but that doesn't discount the fact that we got them after we asked.  And stuff that we ask for is naturally going to be implemented in KR before it's implemented here, PA has even said that the things that we suggest will be placed over in KR as well because they don't see a reason for differentiating the games when both playerbases would likely enjoy these things.

1 person likes this