• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Health bar screenshot scanning tool

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not sure what I should even call this tool, but this is something I made to help automate damage tests with different gear. I'm releasing it here in case other people would find it useful. I couldn't be bothered to create any UI, so it's a pure command line program.

Download: http://www.fluffyquack.com/tools/BDgauge.rar
Source code: http://www.fluffyquack.com/tools/source/BDgauge.rar

It works by loading screenshots in the same directory, trying to read the health bar from them, and outputting information about them.

It's got 2 different modes. Default mode is getting one single percentage:

• Place tool in screenshot folder.
  • Take a screenshot with a visible health bar.
  • Run program.
  • It'll try to read health bar from most recent screenshot in same directory, and output its percentage as text to clipboard (if it could not find detect any health bar, clipboard will be empty).

Second mode is scanning a series of screenshots and getting percentage from each health bar and outputting some information about them:

• Take a ton of screenshots (what I did was finding an enemy standing alone, hitting him, running away so he de-aggroes and regains his health, running back and hitting him, etc).
  • Put all of these screenshots in a directory with the tool.
  • Run the tool with the "-scan" command line argument (create a shortcut or batch file).
  • The program will load every screenshot from the same directory and try to read health bars from eacn one.
  • The process might take a minute or so, and you'll end with 2 txt files.

Some notes:

• Screenshots have to be in PNG format.
  • As far as I know, there's only 3 types of health bars in the game (player, boss, and normal enemy), and the program supports scanning all 3 types.
  • Program doesn't dynamically find the location of the healthbar. It's hardcoded based on resolution. The supported resolutions are 1280x720, 1920x1080, and 2560x1440. UI position and scaling needs to be default as well.
  • The game will sometimes show a flashing health bar where the colours are different. The program might fail to read the health bar from this kind of screenshot, so I suggest only taking screenshots when you've got a health bar which isn't animating in some way.
  • If the program doesn't work at all, try installing this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29

As some examples, this is the tests I've done using the tool:
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/123284-kzarka-vs-liverto-damage-test/
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/124302-pve-damage-tests/
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/126616-pve-accuracy-damage-test/

Edited by FluffyQuack
21 people like this

Posted

Don't have time to test it out rightnow. But it looks pretty gud.

Will test it later today

Posted

Did a small update. When using the "-scan" mode it'll now list health loss rather than current health. Download link is the same.

Posted

your braces are on new lines... O.o

jk, will also check out later. thanks for sharing!

1 person likes this

Posted

Works, this is great, thanks a lot. Will post several results soon :)

Posted

I'm not that technical, but I'd like to be able to do use the -scan method. Can you help me out with how I do that?

• Run the tool with the "-scan" command line argument (create a shortcut or batch file).

Posted

I'm not that technical, but I'd like to be able to do use the -scan method. Can you help me out with how I do that?

• Right click exe and choose "Create Shortcut"
  • Right click shortcut and choose "Properties"
  • Write "-scan" at the end of the "Target" text field
  • Run shortcut

OR

• Create a text file
  • Copy and paste this into text file: "BDgauge.exe -scan"
  • Rename text file to BDgauge.bat
  • Run bat file
1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you!! Love the tool!

Posted (edited)

Not sure what I should even call this tool, but this is something I made to help automate damage tests with different gear. I'm releasing it here in case other people would find it useful. I couldn't be bothered to create any UI, so it's a pure command line program.

It works by loading screenshots in the same directory, trying to read the health bar from them, and outputting information about them.

Hey FluffyQuack o./ 

Just started looking into using the tool, so naturally being me I test the crap out of things to full understand and vet what results I am getting.

First real test was 25 shots of a single ranged target, in between it's attacks no attacks used. This is what I got. Should the "Lowest Damage" read 0.0% as I assume it should?

Health bars detected: 25
Average damage: 0.0%
Highest damage: 0.0%
Lowest damage: 100.0%
Complete misses: 25
Total unique health bars: 1

Going back to do more tests, I am pretty excited once I get the hang of this thing it is going to be a little bit of awesome, thanks again. :)

Edited by GreenBeanDemon

Posted

Hey FluffyQuack o./ 

Just started looking into using the tool, so naturally being me I test the crap out of things to full understand and vet what results I am getting.

First real test was 25 shots of a single ranged target, in between it's attacks no attacks used. This is what I got. Should the "Lowest Damage" read 0.0% as I assume it should?

Health bars detected: 25
Average damage: 0.0%
Highest damage: 0.0%
Lowest damage: 100.0%
Complete misses: 25
Total unique health bars: 1

Going back to do more tests, I am pretty excited once I get the hang of this thing it is going to be a little bit of awesome, thanks again. :)

Looks like the program read each health bar as full. Does that match up? "Lowest damage" definitely looks wrong, and there might be a bug in my code if every single hit is registered as a miss.

Posted

Looks like the program read each health bar as full. Does that match up? "Lowest damage" definitely looks wrong, and there might be a bug in my code if every single hit is registered as a miss.

That was 25 pictures of the mobs health bar at 100% and me standing there trying to time them in between flashes mostly. So the 25 complete miss part is correct. 

Posted

Running 1920x1080 FSW @ 90% interface scaling. Can't find health bars to read, could the scaling interfere?

Posted

This tool is life,used to verify alot of things that have been tested other ways ty again ^.^

Posted

Running 1920x1080 FSW @ 90% interface scaling. Can't find health bars to read, could the scaling interfere?

Yes, the scaling would interfere. It needs to be 100% scaling.

Posted

Yes yes, this is a little bit of awesome. Fluffy if your on the NA version, please contact me if you would like anything from the GBDI Concession Stand ( any trade-able stuff from the Market ), it can come to you if you'd like. As a thanks for this thing.  

Posted

Thanks for the offer, but not necessary (don't play on NA anyway). Just glad people are finding the program useful.

Posted (edited)

I took a bunch of screenshots and didn't realize my UI had to be default (it's at 130% since I play in 1440p) so I took a look at your source code and modified the values based on my resolution. Works like a charm now and is a clever program.

Edited by Impact

Posted

I've been using it when it was released, a really great tool that helped me do a number of tests without having to ask and rely on others and is pretty self sufficient.

Posted

This....should be getting more use.

Posted

This....should be getting more use.

People would rather tinfoil hat things than do actual meaningful tests.

1 person likes this