• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pwn newbies and the under-geared: Is that a new sport?

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Feed on the demise of others? Wtf are you talking about? 

Read the whole conversation in this thread. Triggered again.

Posted (edited)

Read the whole conversation in this thread. Triggered again.

Lol if you're implying that I kill AFK players, I don't. I just think its stupid that you're whining about being killed while AFK even though you went AFK in a dangerous/unsafe zone. Yes, I'm triggered, what's your point? Swear to god they need to add an IQ restriction on MMOs

Edited by Zodiac

Posted

Don't worry, that olivia channel player (has to be new to the game to be on this channel) Will have a lot of "fun" when they have to come to the main channels and fight all of the 2000+ hour veteran / over-geared / over-experienced / no f**ks given players like me, trust :):)

Posted

Lol if you're implying that I kill AFK players, I don't. I just think its stupid that you're whining about being killed while AFK even though you went AFK in a dangerous/unsafe zone. Yes, I'm triggered, what's your point? Swear to god they need to add an IQ restriction on MMOs

Triggered people have lower IQ temporarily.  I actually like the IQ restriction (if possible) yet the IQ scale is a highly debatable metric. In the end, nobody is going to test IQ for gaming.

Posted

What a surprise, ppl pvp on a game with pvp. You probabaly never expected that....

Says the retard that made every single player to lose 6 free character slots with merge...

Does not surprise me that he does not know the difference PvP from ganking...

Posted (edited)

Says the retard that made every single player to lose 6 free character slots with merge...
Does not surprise me that he does not know the difference PvP from ganking...

I don't agee with most of what Chun Chun says. However, he wasn't responsible for the loss of six slots. We weren't going to get them in the first place. It was just an error on the new world page that they fixed. 

Edited by Valkyrie

Posted

I sense that a shit storm will come upon me from certain individuals after I suggest this, but I don't care. IMO open world pvp in this game should be replaced with:

Option A:

1. You still can flag anywhere, but both players must be flagged for pvp.

2. Just create certain areas, where players would be automatically available for pvp and wouldn't lose karma for killing each other. Make loot and exp better for those areas than for non pvp areas.

3. Reduce loot and exp amount if there is big difference between a player and mobs, so 61 lvl teens with hurt ego wouldn't go to lvl 55-57 zones yell "spot taken!", and later cry "waaa!! I'm red...". Some mobs, e.g. ogres will need separate adjustment tho. Improve loot for Valencia.

PvErs are happy for not being ganked during afk or peaceful grinding during their xp 30/60 min bonus or doing quests, PvPer can slash each other endlessly and compete for the best spot. No "karmabombs".

Option B:

1. Create those PvE channels finally.

2. Add here 3rd point from Option A or reduce loot and exp a bit.

If someone will start complaining that all PvPers also will rush to PvE channels to outgrind carebears.. well, then they aren't real PvPers which proves the point that open world PvP should be removed as stated in the Point A.

Well, may the shit storm begin (or not :)1sm224wet.gif~c200

1 person likes this

Posted

To the OP... no it's an old sport.

Ive always hated it myself but it's not a new trend at all.

Posted

I actually had someone random PK me this weekend. Gank me. 3 v 1 for no reason other than as they stated they were from Edan and on Edan there is no time to type you just gank. I used an Elion's Tear because I didnt want to lose the XP or risk any crystals being lost. Killed again. This repeated 4 times before they finally stopped. Nothing wrong with PvP. I engaged PvP with 5 others this weekend and they were fun experiences, mutually agreed upon.

Here is also the thing, what are you accomplishing with the 'noob' comments. Clearly the game is gear based so if you are in lower level areas ganking lower geared characters what the hell did you expect? Why are you not in Red Battlefield if you are so elite, what are you afraid of actually facing geared competition?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I actually had someone random PK me this weekend. Gank me. 3 v 1 for no reason other than as they stated they were from Edan and on Edan there is no time to type you just gank. I used an Elion's Tear because I didnt want to lose the XP or risk any crystals being lost. Killed again. This repeated 4 times before they finally stopped. Nothing wrong with PvP. I engaged PvP with 5 others this weekend and they were fun experiences, mutually agreed upon.

Here is also the thing, what are you accomplishing with the 'noob' comments. Clearly the game is gear based so if you are in lower level areas ganking lower geared characters what the hell did you expect? Why are you not in Red Battlefield if you are so elite, what are you afraid of actually facing geared competition?

You don't lose exp or crystals on PvP death. Unless you are red.

Edited by Valkyrie

Posted

you don't lose xp on death of player ijs.

but also im sure they called you noob to rub salt in your wounds cause they know it triggers people.

When i play Archeage and i kill people i type /spits. 

cause i know it upsets them :). 

Posted

you don't lose xp on death of player ijs.

but also im sure they called you noob to rub salt in your wounds cause they know it triggers people.

When i play Archeage and i kill people i type /spits. 

cause i know it upsets them :). 

not sure why that would trigger anyone. its a freaking game. I hope to god that isnt triggering people. i've dealt with far more as a RL fighter and Marine. My point being if they themselves are not noobs as well then why not PVP in Red Battlefield. That is where you really test your PVP skills in this game correct.

Obviously I know I am noobish since i play this game on and off switching between GW2 and Warframe otherwise I would know I am not going to have crystals break or lose Xp on death.

BTW i have no clue what the Archeage reference is, please tell.

Posted (edited)

I don't agee with most of what Chun Chun says. However, he wasn't responsible for the loss of six slots. We weren't going to get them in the first place. It was just an error on the new world page that they fixed. 

Sure and you know that cause you looked at your mirror ball...

It wasn't cause some tards started crying as usual... yeah...

Edited by crosspath

Posted

Olvia channels, have you ever:

1. Farming alone in a spot but suddenly a lv 58.99 guy shows up and PK you for no reason. Then he proceeds to call you "DIE NOOB", "LOLOLOLOL newb", "worst player EU". You move to a new spot nearby then the guy extends his rotation to yours and kill you again. Of course, with the salt of "noob hahahaha".

2. Riding casually on a road for trade crate. A lone guy standing a head, suspicious huh? He blows up your cart and kill you, then laughing his arse off running away.

3. Collecting mats near heidel when a ranger shoots you dead then collect the mats herself. Eventually she will run into you and kill you again. Red? 4 times the kill anyway.

4. Sausan or pirate with a perma red top-geared ninja guy assassinates back line. Then vanished to be reappear again. Rise and repeat.

5. Parking on the street with your horse to enjoy the scenery. But a random dude kills you while afk.

6. Fishing alone in the ocean. Wake up dead.

7. Parking horse and ship. Wake up dead.

8. Afk strength training, putting 1 step outside safezone. Wake up dead. (tested twice)

9. So on and so on...

I have. Multiple times in a row and in several days. I return to the game hopping to see a difference. Yep, new value pack, outfit trading, I can deal with those. But Olvia channels harbor some of the worst psychopaths ever! Just keep an eye out, or it's me to be the most unlucky players in the game.

wanted grind spot is a reason to pk the rest is just asshole behavior

Posted

wanted grind spot is a reason to pk the rest is just asshole behavior

i remember contently getting pk'ed because my class was the last one to awaken. almost all awakened a******s tried to pk me where ever i go. until they realize they cant win against me just by face rolling and not even knowing how to play their class.

Posted (edited)

not sure why that would trigger anyone. its a freaking game. I hope to god that isnt triggering people. i've dealt with far more as a RL fighter and Marine. My point being if they themselves are not noobs as well then why not PVP in Red Battlefield. That is where you really test your PVP skills in this game correct.
Obviously I know I am noobish since i play this game on and off switching between GW2 and Warframe otherwise I would know I am not going to have crystals break or lose Xp on death.

BTW i have no clue what the Archeage reference is, please tell.

..... Obviously it triggers people hence this entire thread.

Killing people, calling them noob etc etc.  That is why the majority of people do it because they know they will get a reaction from most people.

Some people will ignore and play along others will legit get upset and create threads about it on the forum. 

Your crystals will break. 

Everyone needs to remember when you are killed in game its 99% of the time not personal. 

People just kill just because thats what they want to do. 

Stop taking everything so personal. Either 

1) fight back

2) move along

Edited by Shota
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Your crystals will break. 

non red named pvp deaths do not effect anything but the time it takes to get back to grinding or whatever it was that you were doing at the time...

Edited by Naphemil

Posted

Unfortunately there are plenty of players who get off on causing others misery / problems. 

Someone did it to me at Sausans last night (I'd been there a good while too) when I wasn't even looking. I'm sure whoever it was found it hilariously funny but at the end of the day ten seconds later I was grinding again.

Still it does p you off somewhat.

Oh well - what goes around comes around (I hope).

Posted

olivia channels are cancer. so many little pubes in for a rude awakening when they get barred from channels

Posted

unfortunatly this is more of a cultural Problem. back then when i played Aion, a korean who regulary travels between Korea and USA told us that asians have completly different mindset with killing weaker people. Apperantly in asia nobody goes to low lvl zones for killing low lvl player, because its against their honor. Western mmo communites on the other hand are complete cancer compared to this. so to sum it up: the bigger one's sausage is, the more likely you are a ----- in mmos

fighting lower lvl and undergeared people is so boring though for me

i feel so bad when i 1 shot someone im just like omg im so sorry, the only time i really pk people is if im in max XP/hr mode or killing elites

Posted

Why would you care? Just go on ahead and ignore them. We all know what kind of people those are. 

At least they leave the pepsi and cola alone

2 people like this

Posted

These threads are always such a joy to read. OP is clearly a noob. Gitgud noob. 

Posted

Funny. All I hear from my guildies that have access to the Olvia channels is "-----ing karma bombers". They always talk about how shit it is to farm on Olvia due to the amount of people that just run in the rotation they are on and try to take it by making them lose all their karma

Posted

This is because people have their true identify hidden in the game so they can't be easily held accountable for their bad behavior.  Games that allow PvP always attract the dregs of society.

So basically, every Esport game (and every sport by the way) attracts the dregs of society. Good to know ...

Posted (edited)

Olvia channels, have you ever:

1. Farming alone in a spot but suddenly a lv 58.99 guy shows up and PK you for no reason. Then he proceeds to call you "DIE NOOB", "LOLOLOLOL newb", "worst player EU". You move to a new spot nearby then the guy extends his rotation to yours and kill you again. Of course, with the salt of "noob hahahaha".

2. Riding casually on a road for trade crate. A lone guy standing a head, suspicious huh? He blows up your cart and kill you, then laughing his arse off running away.

3. Collecting mats near heidel when a ranger shoots you dead then collect the mats herself. Eventually she will run into you and kill you again. Red? 4 times the kill anyway.

4. Sausan or pirate with a perma red top-geared ninja guy assassinates back line. Then vanished to be reappear again. Rise and repeat.

5. Parking on the street with your horse to enjoy the scenery. But a random dude kills you while afk.

6. Fishing alone in the ocean. Wake up dead.

7. Parking horse and ship. Wake up dead.

8. Afk strength training, putting 1 step outside safezone. Wake up dead. (tested twice)

9. So on and so on...

I have. Multiple times in a row and in several days. I return to the game hopping to see a difference. Yep, new value pack, outfit trading, I can deal with those. But Olvia channels harbor some of the worst psychopaths ever! Just keep an eye out, or it's me to be the most unlucky players in the game.

First things first, I love your way of writing, goes well with that dp of yours lol.

But in all fairness, this game does allow RPing of sorts, meaning you are going to get bandit RPs who do not follow pvp etiquette and who chew up the weak for instant gratification. They do pay for their crimes, but as a RPer they'd probably enjoy it for whatever reason.

It does add diversity to the game and requires some environmental awareness. AFKing in combat zone is like trying to sleep on a middle of a road with your belongings lying a few meters away hoping that no one would touch it. That bloodshed, that hate, that fear and the anger that makes your blood boil mannn, they make this game savage.

Jokes aside, I do wish people would play a bit more nicely instead of feeling the need to claim everything as their own for their own convenience. But hey, people have been doing this for centuries. 
9_9

Edited by Cheyr

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0