• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

"Event-Driven" Economy is a Problem

105 posts in this topic

Posted

Why buff drop rates to entice players to farm when you give it to everyone for free just waiting around for the next event(s)? This game has a serious problem of not giving players enough areas actually worth farming and the developer's solution is to devalue half of the potential farming areas—that doesn't make sense.

The current game promotes players to go to the areas that generate the most-possible-silver just to save enough money for the next main event.  Instead of pushing players out to farm areas to get the items they want they are compelled to lifeskill for silver just being AFK or fight over 1-2 main areas. 

When are we going to get the KR patch that fixes this for the NA client?  At least the buff to Valencia trash drops that let us farm 20 million per hour easy.

32 people like this

Posted

Why buff drop rates to entice players to farm when you give it to everyone for free just waiting around for the next event(s)? This game has a serious problem of not giving players enough areas actually worth farming and the developer's solution is to devalue half of the potential farming areas—that doesn't make sense.

The current game promotes players to go to the areas that generate the most-possible-silver just to save enough money for the next main event.  Instead of pushing players out to farm areas to get the items they want they are compelled to lifeskill for silver just being AFK or fight over 1-2 main areas. 

When are we going to get the KR patch that fixes this for the NA client?  At least the buff to Valencia trash drops that let us farm 20 million per hour easy.

agree

they just dont care

Posted

they don't care x2

I know free stuff are good but...
well we already got a LOT of free stuff
so why just don't they give us a full set
of PEN armors, PEN weapons and PEN accessories?

mmmm well who knows...

3 people like this

Posted

untvU81.jpg

33 people like this

Posted

I wish they'd designed the loot table and armour system so that certain types of mob dropped a mob-related piece in sequence of how we can access them.

For example, the Fogans nr Glish could have dropped the shoes/gloves part. The Fogans in the Desert dropped the Armour/Helm parts. Each piece gives an effect like increase crit chance and the set effect gives increase crit damage. 

The Nagas nr glish could have dropped Armour/Helms. The Desert Nagas could have dropped the shoes/gloves. Each piece gives a HP regen buff and set effect is a max HP bump.

That way prior to you being able to be active in the Desert you'd have been unable to get the set and would have had to mix and match. Only when you were levelled enough could you complete the set.

Then to take this even further, the Fogans/Nagas in the post-Desert world (Kamasilva or whatever) would have dropped a Fogan/Naga accessory which compliment the associated armour set e.g nagas drop an earring/belt which give a set effect when used together and Fogans drop a ring/necklace which give a set effect.

Obviously not all types of mob have an associated harder mob later in the game, I assume, so they'd drop something unique but powerful which would make you have to decide whether you equip it and break the set effect...

It would introduce so much variation and make builds much more unique and interesting.

Massively varied and complex world with basic samey builds :(

Posted

untvU81.jpg

Haha, well some ppl with luck just get TRI ogre from event

Posted

untvU81.jpg

wow you got a duo ogre ring from the calender event? this is not fair... all i got was a base laytenn necklace... guess my rng is pretty terrible

1 person likes this

Posted

wow you got a duo ogre ring from the calender event? this is not fair... all i got was a base laytenn necklace... guess my rng is pretty terrible

sounds like im just more skilled than u 

Posted

Intended as catchup mechanic.

Although, while most sold their necklace to get some basic starter stuff, the good players bought them all and made their TRIs. 

2 people like this

Posted

Although, while most sold their necklace to get some basic starter stuff, the good players bought them all and made their TRIs. 

sigh... freaking daum making my give my hard earned coin to filthy undeserving peasants. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Good luck selling your Laytenn anytime soon - almost 600 on AH last I checked.

There were also a dozen ogre rings sitting there and TWO Bhegs Gloves.

Posted

sounds like im just more skilled than u 

absolutely~ in fact, i dont think anyone here is as skilled as you for getting a duo ogre from the calender event box :D most people spend billions trying to buy ogre rings off the market and were left in dust lol

Posted

Honestly, is anyone surprised that communist, AH market control Daum implemented an anti-capitalist mechanic which directly funnels money from the wealthy to the peasants? 

What's next? Community horses? Slippery slope, friends. Slippery slope 

Posted (edited)

Here is the thing the game BASE RNG is shit so this leads to people who are way luckier not just with enchanting but with actual drops being pushed way ahead of most of the population coupled with new players coming into the game there is a higher and higher need for people to catch up in KR its at the point there is an event that will give you DUO tungrade or ogre ring just due to the state that the game is at right now.

These events even if you do not like them give the game more staying power than if it never happened the game would be a ghost town without these sort of events and events such as weekend exp boosts and eventual black stones events as well. Hell the game is made on top of terrible drop rates for rare/rarer items to be made so not everyone can farm those items meaning the avilablity of said items is even less and only those ahead get to stay ahead and those behind get left behind. While ofc you would have needed to have played the game for sometime for the events to matter so you can buy enough acessories to get somewhere same with enchanting boss gear.  However without these events even people with the silver for such items struggle or in some cases will never be able to get said items to stay relevant even at the low end of players assuming you intend on pvping.

The best way is to add way more mobs and better drop rates to the game but that would also lead to the same people like yourselfs complaining about that as seeing as "well what about all the time i spent to get x and y" but the thing is the game need people to stick around and the reward lvl of BDO compared to most successful modern MMOs is terrible seeing as neither skill or actual time invested ever equated out to actual gear progression in this game hell both improving on the gear and obtaining the gear is done via hidden dice rolls.

Also lets not forget that these events entice EVERYONE no matter what stage they are at in the game to keep logging on and this for the devs gives them a much higher likely hood of spending money on the game.

Edited by Zeel
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Good luck selling your Laytenn anytime soon - almost 600 on AH last I checked.

There were also a dozen ogre rings sitting there and TWO Bhegs Gloves.

Doesn't matter how many are sitting there, it matters only how many get sold.

I sold mine today for 88mil, it didn't even take 15 minutes.

Just made a little test and watched, in 1 minute 2 more were sold.

Bheg gloves has nothing to do with events. It's the first boss part that everyone goes after, and it's the boss that most people choose as dailies when they have already full boss gear, because it's nearest and fastest to kill. Nothing special anymore, like Kzarka too.

Edited by Spartakatz

Posted (edited)

I wish they'd designed the loot table and armour system so that certain types of mob dropped a mob-related piece in sequence of how we can access them.

For example, the Fogans nr Glish could have dropped the shoes/gloves part. The Fogans in the Desert dropped the Armour/Helm parts. Each piece gives an effect like increase crit chance and the set effect gives increase crit damage. 

The Nagas nr glish could have dropped Armour/Helms. The Desert Nagas could have dropped the shoes/gloves. Each piece gives a HP regen buff and set effect is a max HP bump.

That way prior to you being able to be active in the Desert you'd have been unable to get the set and would have had to mix and match. Only when you were levelled enough could you complete the set.

Then to take this even further, the Fogans/Nagas in the post-Desert world (Kamasilva or whatever) would have dropped a Fogan/Naga accessory which compliment the associated armour set e.g nagas drop an earring/belt which give a set effect when used together and Fogans drop a ring/necklace which give a set effect.

Obviously not all types of mob have an associated harder mob later in the game, I assume, so they'd drop something unique but powerful which would make you have to decide whether you equip it and break the set effect...

It would introduce so much variation and make builds much more unique and interesting.

Massively varied and complex world with basic samey builds :(

This doesn't work for many, many, many, many reasons.......here are a few.

The Desert didn't exist when those sets where available.

There is a HUGE level difference between some of the areas.

It conflicts with boss armor.

It would hinder lower players from progressing correctly and being self sufficient.

So many damn liars and misinformed people.

They don't care AT ALL, based upon my sheer flagrant ignorance.

Sure they ALREADY MADE SEVERAL CHANGES specifically to the desert to improve spawn density and drops, but I am blissfully ignorant of this and will claim they have done nothing.  I will ignore that Elites drop MORE THAN EVER and new ones where added, TO THOSE AREAS I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT.

I will ignore then DENSITY INCREASE and remain ignorant stating THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING.

I will continue to complain about Events NO MATTER HOW MUCH OR LITTLE THEY BRING.  I will complain THERE ARE TO MANY & THERE ARE TO FEW.

I will COMPLAIN THEY ARE TO GOOD AND NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!

The real issue is they should improve some areas of the desert a bit and specific items like Ogre Rings.  They tried this also, but it doesn't seem good enough.  However, the Seraph Necklace is almost a work around.  You would need an extra enchant to match the AP, but it's feasible to get DUO/TRIO and it has an HP bonus.

The event went overboard, but the solution is increase the drop rates and the assembly/exchange.

Edited by Xpert

Posted

Honestly, is anyone surprised that communist, AH market control Daum implemented an anti-capitalist mechanic which directly funnels money from the wealthy to the peasants? 

What's next? Community horses? Slippery slope, friends. Slippery slope 

What would be wrong with community horses? I wouldn't mind community horses. On the other hand, people spend tons of real money on private pixel horses because the leveling RNG is intended to be impossible. This is the slippery slope right there. Community horses all the way, I say. Power to the people! Etc!

1 person likes this

Posted

Let me borrow that T9 unicorn

Posted (edited)

You guys DO realize.... you're talking about Items that are only about 5%-10% better than the much more economical Alternatives right??

..and MORE IMPORTANTLY...  you're talking about 100% "vertical" upgrades that don't actually introduce any new Mechanics or ways of thinking about the game either ...right?

Oddly the ONLY exception to this is HorseSkill-Couponed Training.... which is 100% Pay-to-RNG-to-eventually-"Win" and more times than not, create a mount that actually DOES radically alter what the player is capable of doing transportation-wise  (b/c extra mechanics/abilities)

Edited by iller

Posted

They'll get sold, they'll get blown up and prices will go back to normal. 

Same thing happened with the Lauren Family box stuff, and even Red Nose armor is going up in price again.

Posted

This doesn't work for many, many, many, many reasons.......here are a few.

The Desert didn't exist when those sets where available.

There is a HUGE level difference between some of the areas.

It conflicts with boss armor.

It would hinder lower players from progressing correctly and being self sufficient.

That's why my post was framed in the past tense.

Posted

Player's that don't have full TRI  boss gear and yellow accessories should just quit.

That is standard these days. 

2 people like this

Posted

Player's that don't have full TRI  boss gear and yellow accessories should just quit.

That is standard these days. 

then game would be ded

2 people like this

Posted

then game would be ded

Just wait. It will be.

Posted (edited)

Used to be like this, then September happened. When the awakenings started, the events that changed this started. I absolutely feel that my tri ogre ring has been devalued thanks to this event since I made it during the time when you actually had to FARM OGRES. Now there's 100's of Laytens just sitting on the market thanks to the event. But people kept crying about farming for hours on hours to get them.

Edited by TeRRoRibleOne