• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Back to 3 Hour node wars

2 or 3 hours for node wars?   102 votes

1. 1. 2 or 3 hours for node wars?

• 2 hours
    • 3 hours
    • +3 hours

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

For some reason devs have decided to lower the node war times from 3 to 2 hours.

When you have 6-8 forts in one node, 2 hours is simply not enough for a victory.

Which time is in your opinion?

Edited by Pohjantikka
edit
1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed with packed nodes 2 hours isn't enough.

Add the 3rd hour back in the front not back, meaning start node wars earlier, not run later.

Posted (edited)

We need 3 hours for node wars.

What I find so strange about this change was that it happened at the same time the servers merged. Sure, two hours might have been enough on the old servers when nodes were not contested as much, but with three times the number of guilds on new server since merge at least three hours is needed. Really odd decision.

Edited by Belteyn
1 person likes this

Posted

With the server merge, there are more guilds competing for the same amount of nodes that there were pre merge.

I don't understand why the change was made to make it only to 2 hours,

too many times have nodes had 5 guilds and have been left unclaimed as there is just not enough time.

And this is where people go

"well the guilds that are strong should be limited to only t3 nodes etc"

the node war system does not need to change (apart from the timing)

the way we view node wars need to change

but kakao

pls fix

Posted

Not sure why there's a both option but 3 hours is good.

Posted

Just figured we'd tag someone who might be able to take a look on this (to provide feedback to Kakao <.< as I imagine a lot of threads never get read) @PM_Jouska @GM_Dew

Posted

4 hours. This is war!

Posted

What IS a node war anyways? 

Posted

I think 2hours but with no possibilities to re-build some defenses (hwacha, flame towers, etc...) should be better :/ 3hours + is too long I think and more when the other guild needs just 3min to build an other hwacha and flame tower when you just wasted 30min to destroy it... :(

Posted

Admin, you want kill all PvP in this game?!

....there is no sense and there is no objective in normal PvP around the world, only disadvantage in negative karma (4kill...)... guild in protection, people in protection....and now with this last change in this game PvP menans only Politics VS Politics because with 2h nodewar in the good node where are 3 more guild the only way to conquer it is to find agreements between the guild...

Posted

3h guys... for real.. 2h isn't enough especially on nodes where there are more than 2 / 3 guilds to fight against...

Posted

For some reason devs have decided to lower the node war times from 3 to 2 hours.

When you have 6-8 forts in one node, 2 hours is simply not enough for a victory.

2 Hours is by far enough for weekdays. It's not for nothing the amount of players participating in the weekend is nearly double compared to a normal week day. The fact that you can't kill 6 other guilds in 2 hours means you're not using all the tactical room you are getting. It's relative rare there's more than 4 guilds in the same area (and its getting less by the week) and maybe if you all want it so badly it might be worth getting liberated.

Oh and to burst your bubble: they can't change anything unless KR approves it.

Besides why only complain now while this change has been implemented in November already?

Posted (edited)

2 Hours is by far enough for weekdays. It's not for nothing the amount of players participating in the weekend is nearly double compared to a normal week day. The fact that you can't kill 6 other guilds in 2 hours means you're not using all the tactical room you are getting. It's relative rare there's more than 4 guilds in the same area (and its getting less by the week) and maybe if you all want it so badly it might be worth getting liberated.

I could say that every day there is atleast ONE node that has 4 or more forts.
Yesterday (10.1.) Gorgon Rock Belt Tier 2 node had 7 forts and no one won it. Next week there will be atleast same amount of forts and just 2 hours of time to win. GOOD LUCK!

"The fact that you can't kill 6 other guilds in 2 hours means you're not using all the tactical room you are getting." = Really? I have had node wars where our guild fought a 2 guild alliance for 3 hours and we didn't lose. We went just full turtle mode and so no one won the node. Both guilds had more players than our guild had.
2 weeks ago we were at node where was LuxArcana/Hex/Harvest and that fight took us almost 3 hours to win. If it was 2 hours then we would had a draw with Harvest.

Besides why only complain now while this change has been implemented in November already?
--Well that sure sucked but that was BEFORE server merge. Times were different back then. Now there are 3 times more guilds.

Edited by Pohjantikka

Posted

bump!

Posted

I like the 2 hours formula... but I think they should do so there can't be more than 4 guilds fighting on a node.
It could prevent all those free wins because it would force peope to spread on different node.

How about that 
o.O

Posted

2hours prevents guild from just turtleing and waiting untill 1 guild kill everyone elses and get respawn timer up then finishing that single one guild to win a node.

2hours is enough if guilds actualy attacks each other instead of waiting.

git gud.

I could say that every day there is atleast ONE node that has 4 or more forts.Yesterday (10.1.) Gorgon Rock Belt Tier 2 node had 7 forts and no one won it. Next week there will be atleast same amount of forts and just 2 hours of time to win. GOOD LUCK!
"The fact that you can't kill 6 other guilds in 2 hours means you're not using all the tactical room you are getting." = Really? I have had node wars where our guild fought a 2 guild alliance for 3 hours and we didn't lose. We went just full turtle mode and so no one won the node. Both guilds had more players than our guild had.
2 weeks ago we were at node where was LuxArcana/Hex/Harvest and that fight took us almost 3 hours to win. If it was 2 hours then we would had a draw with Harvest.

--Well that sure sucked but that was BEFORE server merge. Times were different back then. Now there are 3 times more guilds.

u bad.

Posted

u bad.

Still better than you xD

Posted

Still better than you xD

nha

Posted

Sometimes things aren't so black and white. Here's a grey-ish solution for you: base the duration of node wars on the amount of guilds participating. Min 2 hrs, more than so many guilds tack on time.

There are lots of ways this could work. For instance, you could add 15 mins for every guild participating over four. so five guilds 2:15, six: 2:30, etc. or guild war duration brackets, 1-3 guilds 2hrs, 4-7 guilds 3 hrs, 8+ 4hrs

I guess the real question is how many guilds you can be expected to defeat in 2 hrs, and how much each guild after that should increase the time.

That's just food for thought though. I don't participate in node wars. The durations I picked were just a stab in the dark.

Posted (edited)

I like the 2 hours formula... but I think they should do so there can't be more than 4 guilds fighting on a node.It could prevent all those free wins because it would force peope to spread on different node.

How about that 
o.O

Now that is pretty stupid idea.

"Force ppl to spread on different nodes"? = Well after server merge node ownings has almost doubled. These days there are 0-5 nodes that doesn't have owner per day. And those are also pretty much from draw-wars.
Atm: Friday has 0 empty nodes and Monday has 5 empty nodes

Also with that idea the 1st four guilds who has build their forts will be able to fight. So this means that guilds has to start building asap, which means that you need to send workers to the fort as soon as officer/gm has planted the fort. 

Sometimes things aren't so black and white. Here's a grey-ish solution for you: base the duration of node wars on the amount of guilds participating. Min 2 hrs, more than so many guilds tack on time.

There are lots of ways this could work. For instance, you could add 15 mins for every guild participating over four. so five guilds 2:15, six: 2:30, etc. or guild war duration brackets, 1-3 guilds 2hrs, 4-7 guilds 3 hrs, 8+ 4hrs

I guess the real question is how many guilds you can be expected to defeat in 2 hrs, and how much each guild after that should increase the time.

That's just food for thought though. I don't participate in node wars. The durations I picked were just a stab in the dark.

I like this idea, it could work.

I would say that if node has
2 guilds = 2hours
3 guilds = 2h 30min
4 guilds = 3h

Edited by Pohjantikka

Posted

Now that is pretty stupid idea.

"Force ppl to spread on different nodes"? = Well after server merge node ownings has almost doubled. These days there are 0-5 nodes that doesn't have owner per day. And those are also pretty much from draw-wars.
Atm: Friday has 0 empty nodes and Monday has 5 empty nodes

I get that it's not always the case, but Tuesday we had a node war in Calpheon, 2 nodes were free win exept one that has 5 castles on it.
This happens pretty often and since we got a lot of free wins last months ( even after merge ) I thought my idea was not THAAAAT stupid 
:/

Posted

I get that it's not always the case, but Tuesday we had a node war in Calpheon, 2 nodes were free win exept one that has 5 castles on it.This happens pretty often and since we got a lot of free wins last months ( even after merge ) I thought my idea was not THAAAAT stupid :/

PVP guilds are aiming on nodes that has good fights. It is pretty damn boring when a pvp guild waits a whole week and then takes a node that didn't have any enemies. 
Last Tuesday Marine Cave, tier 2 node had atleast 3 forts and no one won it. Next week it will have lots money and there will be even more forts.

Posted

bump

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0