• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lvl 60 Berserker pvp video. NO GRAB COMBOS

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Im gonna put this video up here.

Im tired of all the booring grab combo berserker pvp videos out there, i feel like they dont give me anything. 

So in duels now, i will purely go for 1 grab only. And that is the smackdown, but i try and avoid using this also.

What do you guys think? 
Want me to make more pvp videos?

About me:

My name is Kentorai the Beast and i have been playing since a little time after the launch and been purely playing berserker.

I know almost all the things you would have to know about a berserker. So if you need any help, feel free to msg me ingame. I will answer if i am available.

Hope you enjoy! :)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Do more pvp videos, period.

I dont see the win on doing 1grab.doing none for practise is awesome, doing two to kill somebody too. Only 1and leaving em alive more than neccesary im not practising^^

If you want to tell your fav combos tell me or post here im gonna make a guide in the folloiwing weeks.

PS: I just noticed i wasnt clear. I think that not using grabs is not the way to go because with potions people are not dying. Doing duels without potions isnt too bad because u die after a cc anyway above 200ap but as a berserker it still takes 2-3grabs with potions.

Edited by iloveKuchen

Posted

Very nice, ty so much. I hope in the future u make more videos like this. :D

Posted (edited)

playing since release of awakening without grabs i approve of that!

using no grabs is more fun its faster and it does more dmg

edit: except vs Lemon USE ALL THE GRABS

Edited by Heliantus
4 people like this

Posted

So you're not going to use grab vs. a Ranger with 270 AP, or a in mirror vs. another giant who grab combos all day? Ok.

It's nice to handicap yourself and all but you don't ever put yourself at a retarded disadvantage says the art of war.

Like seriously? How long will you be able to do what you're doing in the video is the question.

Call it boring, call it skill-less, you may as well have played a Valkyrie if you're "so bored" of the playstyle tbh. And what I'm doing right now isn't exactly flaming,all I'm saying is you're just handicapping yourself and trying to impress people but a disadvantage is still a disadvantage. Whatever you are doing isn't really special tbh. Because I know for sure that there is going to be that person who will punish you for not using grab on giant.

Posted (edited)

I spotted the iconic "Lava Piercer Jump" at 1:15

:D

PLZ HOTKEY THIS! Or at least not trigger a jump while shift is pressed. lol

Good vid! I I believe some people think zerkers w/o grab are useless...but there is a lot more they bring to the table outside of grabs and 100%. Slugfest alone is a lot of damage and CC. 

Edited by BearXW

Posted

I spotted the iconic "Lava Piercer Jump" at 1:15

:D

PLZ HOTKEY THIS! Or at least not trigger a jump while shift is pressed. lol

Good vid! I I believe some people think zerkers w/o grab are useless...but there is a lot more they bring to the table outside of grabs and 100%. Slugfest alone is a lot of damage and CC. 

The skill that ppl miss is the disarray float and its damage potential. But it only gets better if u lift+disarray+hit twice(blasting or auto if asp buff needed) THEN grab and kill. its part of how the class works, without grabs its just low damage and not working with potions usage.

Posted

The skill that ppl miss is the disarray float and its damage potential. But it only gets better if u lift+disarray+hit twice(blasting or auto if asp buff needed) THEN grab and kill. its part of how the class works, without grabs its just low damage and not working with potions usage.

Low damage? on what planet? only if someone is terribly geared.  Normally geared, damage isn't low at all, I found out tonight.  59 Zerker 2 shotting my 320DP Valk :P

Posted

You know Slugfest deals no air damage, yet you waste alot of floats from ground lift on Slugfest. Try blasting instead of slugfest after you float your opponent with ground lift, 2 air hits with blasting (thats how much you will manage to squeeze in during a single float if you have 20% attack speed buff from buster training) at this AP should be enough to kill averagely geared squishy. 

So you're not going to use grab vs. a Ranger with 270 AP, or a in mirror vs. another giant who grab combos all day? Ok.

It's nice to handicap yourself and all but you don't ever put yourself at a retarded disadvantage says the art of war.

Like seriously? How long will you be able to do what you're doing in the video is the question.

Call it boring, call it skill-less, you may as well have played a Valkyrie if you're "so bored" of the playstyle tbh. And what I'm doing right now isn't exactly flaming,all I'm saying is you're just handicapping yourself and trying to impress people but a disadvantage is still a disadvantage. Whatever you are doing isn't really special tbh. Because I know for sure that there is going to be that person who will punish you for not using grab on giant.

You wont grab a ranger with that AP anyway. Against high ap burst classes its one of the following: perform hard cc with burst or be hard cced and bursted. Grab is not a burst combo, it wont save your ass, higher-end pvp zerks (210+ ap) will want to ground lift -> blasting your ass to oblivion.

Grabs, for me, are a tool against classes with perma-block: warriors, valkyries, tamers, because it is hard for a zerker to pierce through their block since we don't have that big of a burst outside the float combo and its easy to walk away from our skills (high damage zerker skills either charge up for eternity or, in case of slugfest, are being channeled as a series of weak punches you can just move away from while blocking)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You know Slugfest deals no air damage, yet you waste alot of floats from ground lift on Slugfest. Try blasting instead of slugfest after you float your opponent with ground lift, 2 air hits with blasting (thats how much you will manage to squeeze in during a single float if you have 20% attack speed buff from buster training) at this AP should be enough to kill averagely geared squishy. 

uhm slugfest actually has air damage :3

which can and in a really strong "1shot combo" 

groundlift -> float -> slugfest (with Z buff <3) -> knockback -> shakeoff forward (anti desync) -> blasting

Edited by Heliantus

Posted

uhm slugfest actually has air damage :3

which can and in a really strong "1shot combo" 

groundlift -> float -> slugfest (with Z buff <3) -> knockback -> shakeoff forward (anti desync) -> blasting

Groundlift->Float->Blasting deals way more damage. 

Posted

yea because of accuracy but its way more effected by desync (thanks to float) but yea it works

Posted

(Says no grab, but the first thing you do out of lava piece and ground lifting is go for a grab)

This game is nothing but CC and Burst anyway, so I mean it's whatever.

Posted (edited)

208 ap zerker here with kutum. Spent about an hour testing blasting vs slugfest on a above 300dp evasion wizard and they literally ended up being almost the same damage wise. In a perfect world with Z buff slugfest does more if it all crits. Other then that the damage wasn't much different 

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

(Says no grab, but the first thing you do out of lava piece and ground lifting is go for a grab)

This game is nothing but CC and Burst anyway, so I mean it's whatever.

Thanks for summing that up for me in huge text like im blind.

In case you did not read what i wrote under the video im going to link a part of what i wrote and im going to link it in huge text so you dont miss it.

"So in duels now, i will purely go for 1 grab only. And that is the smackdown, but i try and avoid using this also"

I understand there can be a misunderstanding when i say grab combo so i will link you a pvp video of what i mean with a grab combo. It is basicly when you go for purely grabs and combo with a damage between the grabs to get any damage out on the target instead of relying on your other useful aoe knockdowns and floats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spTlA1VWKjc&t=3s

208 ap zerker here with kutum. Spent about an hour testing blasting vs slugfest on a above 300dp evasion wizard and they literally ended up being almost the same damage wise. In a perfect world with Z buff slugfest does more if it all crits. Other then that the damage wasn't much different 

Useful information :D Thanks for testing it out :)

I agree with you all that blasting is quite good to use during a float but the reason i love slugfest instead of blasting is because of the super armor during the last hit and it might do stiffness and a knockback. It feels more natural to use it because of the many hits you will muster out and if you get the last hit out, it is going to do alot of damage also.

Here is a copy paste on slugfest and blasting, there are different benefits from both, depends on the situation i guess. But with 30% critical chance is also quite good from Slugfest. It all depends on what accesories you have. Blasting is good because of the 13% accuracy, but if you have accuracy to back slugfest up, it might do more damage, dunno.

Slugfest

Damage 660% x 10 hits 
Finishing Damage 792% x 3 hits
WP +5 per hit
30% chance of critical hit
Stun if the first/second hit succeeds
Stiffness if any other hits than the first/second succeed
Stiffness to enemies around if the finishing blow is not performed
Knockback, Air Smash, Down Smash if the finishing blow succeeds
Super Armor while performing the final blow
Air Attack
Down Attack
Damage reduced in PVP.

Blasting IV

Damage 1043% x 6 hits
Accuracy +13%
HP +70 per hit
WP +25 per hit
Knockback after the 3rd hit
Air Attack
Down Attack
Knockdown not applicable and no HP recovery during the cooldown time.
Damage reduced in PVP.

The reason i dont want to rely on grab combos is because, grab combos will only get you so far in 1v3 or 1v2 when the opponents have over 230 ap. And that is almost always a case in node wars. There will rarely be a chance you get to play 1v1 in node wars. 

Grabs are not bad, that is not what i am saying, you can definitely use it. But if you ever wanna go ham 1v2 or more, you will not survive with going for grabs, you will die in seconds because of the high burst they can do during your grab animation. 

So to become better at the berserker class and go further, you will not gain anything with going for purely grab combos in duels, you will earn more training on defeating others without using grabs. You can see it like you have grab combos in your backpocket, but you are able to do other things other than grabs, and that is what i want to see in pvp videos, a more variety on the berserker class.

You can see alot of combo guides, but the thing is, the combos are not used in real pvp combat, Why is that? You do not train on other things than grabbing. Simple really.

I can see what you mean, the thing is, why do you call it a handicap to have more skills in your backpocket so that the one fighting can not read you like a open book. 

When it comes to the art of war, you have a higher chance of succeeding with suprise attacks, things that the enemy have not accounted for. This is the same case when it comes to a duel against others. If they dont know what the hell you are going to do next you have a higher chance to succeed an attack. It is really interesting really. 

So the only handicap is to not have enough abilities and combos printed in your fingers to become unpredictable and that is essentially what you will handicap yourself with if you only train with grabs.

But everything depends on the situation, enough said, you might not ever win against a really good warrior without doing grab combos, then do grab combos. But when a ranger comes and joins and shotguns in your back while you do the grab animations and you die, you will find yourself thinking, why the hell did i do a grab combo at that moment instead of using a knockdown on both of them and taking them out in a nicely done knockdown, instant titant blow combo.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0