• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Afk-fisher pk

15 posts in this topic

Posted

I was just wondering how bad the pking of afk-fishers were. Does it happen often?

Mainly asking because I'm thinking of making a fishing alt if needed.

I have a Lv52 sorc that I used to use for fishing way back in the day. It has the bag space expanded through pearl shop and has high fishing skill. However, if it is needed, I'm willing to invest into a whole new character just for fishing and keep the character below Lv50 so it can't get pked. 

Posted

You can be PKed only if you fish outside of the safe zone.

From my experience this kind of PK is almost non existend.

Posted

Very rare that PK happens while fishing, even in the sea, too much hassle for PK'ers to go out in a boat looking for people to PK as they just waste their own time and Karma doing so.

Person fishing comes back, reclaims boat because they didn't use the storage on it, repairs for a nominal fee, sells fish they got, carries on. the only person wasting their time is the PK'er.

Posted

Very rare that PK happens while fishing, even in the sea, too much hassle for PK'ers to go out in a boat looking for people to PK as they just waste their own time and Karma doing so.

Person fishing comes back, reclaims boat because they didn't use the storage on it, repairs for a nominal fee, sells fish they got, carries on. the only person wasting their time is the PK'er.

You can be PKed only if you fish outside of the safe zone.

From my experience this kind of PK is almost non existend.

I see. Looks like I was worried for nothing. Thanks guys!

1 person likes this

Posted

lol many people pk afk fishers on all channels on NA... for some reason they think its funny xD

Posted

lol many people pk afk fishers on all channels on NA... for some reason they think its funny xD

Never ran into it, but then again I stay far away from Pirate Island, that's the hotspot for Boat smashers and PK rambos.

There's a lot of good fishing water that has low traffic and as a result tends to have a high yield of Fishing School hotspots, tend to always get one fishing school per trip out, going to keep quiet where I go in case PK'ers get the idea to start looking there =p

Posted

It's not pk if you use taunt pet to attract a mob to afk fishers :ph34r:

Posted

so you have never seen a random troll pk the groups of people just to the left of veilia beach safezone? its happened to me many times so cause of trolls I now only afk fish safezone...

Posted

so you have never seen a random troll pk the groups of people just to the left of veilia beach safezone? its happened to me many times so cause of trolls I now only afk fish safezone...

Newp, Ive had people jump on my boat though and come fishing with me completely at random, it was kinda cool. PK trolls don't tend to want to go out in the sea because they might run into someone whom is ready for them and sinks their boat.

It's a long way back to dry land from the middle of the sea.

Posted

Just do it in a safe zone if you're afk fishing. If you go afk in an unsafe area and get killed its on you, regardless of what you are/were doing

Posted

I don't know how the current situation is, but back in times where those fishing hotspots existed, I encountered some afk fisher pk'ers. I've always wondered why such pathetic people exist who don't have anything better to do with their time as to run around and pk innocent afk fishers. Actually, I've met one who had his own "fisher pk routes", which he ran along and killed all people, even the non afk ones like myself. That's the moment you loose hope in this humanity and ask yourself WHY? But then I thought of alcohol and cigarettes during pregnancy actually IS a thing nowadays, which explains a lot. Just fish at safe spots to don't get bothered by this scum.

1 person likes this

Posted

Used to be a very profitable profession web static hotspots existed outside safe zones. Roll up on a huge mass of fishers in the ocean. Kill them all or drown them, collect the fallen fish, go to another channel and repeat. It was the easiest way to make money.

With the mobile hot spots, it's not worth it

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

People still occasionally PK afk fishers. It happens to people I know regularly enough to disrupt their earnings. Some I know never have issues with it, but it seems they fish in areas that are not overly obvious. So YMMV.

AFK fishing with an alt isnt a bad idea though.

Edited by Luciferia
1 person likes this

Posted

People still occasionally PK afk fishers. It happens to people I know regularly enough to disrupt their earnings. Some I know never have issues with it, but it seems they fish in areas that are not overly obvious. So YMMV.

AFK fishing with an alt isnt a bad idea though.

Concur.

Used to be a very profitable profession web static hotspots existed outside safe zones. Roll up on a huge mass of fishers in the ocean. Kill them all or drown them, collect the fallen fish, go to another channel and repeat. It was the easiest way to make money.

With the mobile hot spots, it's not worth it

Villain detected. :D

My afk fishing pk is largely one player getting bitten by the mayhem bug and going on a spree. It was pretty rare.

To the OP, can't really argue against making an alt unless you gotta spend money for a slot. :S

Posted

Concur.

Villain detected. :D

My afk fishing pk is largely one player getting bitten by the mayhem bug and going on a spree. It was pretty rare.

To the OP, can't really argue against making an alt unless you gotta spend money for a slot. :S

Those Pirating days are behind me now :<
new government made fishing sanctions and stuff that just doesnt attract juicy fishers anymore. sigh.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0