• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Big 3. (A closer look at ManCodeity)

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings!

Alot of people seem to be in "awe" of top tier guilds such as Barcode, ManUp, and Gravity, to the point where they're blinded to their flaws. So allow me to do the honor of revealing some of those for you...

Barcode

Last night, in Balenos, Barcode showed how terribly unorganized they are. It was pretty obvious that Orca wanted to publicly humiliate LOTD, in return for having had been wrecked by LOTD during the Christmas siege (as evidenced by him asking all his streamers in the guild to stream, with voice comms on), only to be cockblocked by Anim/FuzzySocks (the second in command) who defied Orca's (the actual guild leader) call of allowing BlackRose and LOTD to 1v1 each other, and zerged LOTD down out of spite. Orca actually left the siege because of this, and Anim/FuzzySocks kept fumbling around trying get people to follow his lead, despite the fact that he had just proven incapable of doing the same for Orca.

Key Take Away:

If you are a top geared player, I'd advise against joining Barcode until they sort out their internal leadership issues. 

ManUp

ManUp, the undisputed #1 guild atm, who are also currently enjoy having control of the BDO "Media" through streams like Mac, Zethian, Lacari, etc. Have continued claiming they just want "good pvp", but their actions speak far louder than their words. Let's look at a few examples;

If ManUp actually wanted PvP, they could give away their castle at any time to one of their many allies, and be free to place anywhere, and have that PvP. However, they continue to hold onto Valencia because ManUp isn't interested in "Good pvp", they'd rather just cash in on the payouts, while trying to portray themselves as the "PvP deprived" victims. 

Further evidence of ManUp's lack of "good pvp" interest is the fact that many of their top geared players leave ManUp during the week, to merc in smaller allied guilds node wars, and then players, such as Macilius, loves to show "highlights", on his stream, of him killing T1/T2 guild members, who are no where near him in terms of gear/skill, but he acts as if It's an "accomplishment" for essentially shitting on newbs. Rather deplorable, if you ask me. 

I guess I don't know what is funnier/sadder, the fact that ManUp tries to portray themselves as victims, or the fact that your average BDO player believes it. 

Key Take Away:

If you care about actual, genuine, competitive PvP, joining ManUp is the worst thing you could do. I get it the appeal, I really do, but they're already stacked enough as it is. And the last thing we, the server, need is more stacked players to join them, or else competitive pvp will be a repeat of Barcode on Uno, and Iconic on Orwen (aka snooze fest). 

Gravity

At this stage in the game, it appears the gravity "spin" machine is just trying to stay out of the headlines for the most part. Which is a rather lame thing for a "Big 3" guild to do. Gravity has the gear, has the players, and last time I checked, had the highest wiz/witch ratio of any "big 3" guilds. So with all that in their favor, why do they refuse to actually engage a foe worthy of their prowess, such as ManUp or Barcode? Instead they ally with guilds, such as Iconic, to zerg guilds like Barcode, but refuse to not even try and scrim with Iconic afterwards? (Note, Iconic leadership also did not want to scrim with Gravity) How is that fun for anyone? 

So overall, Gravity just appears to be dodging any decent fight, which I guess means Gravity leadership feels like they'd lose a 1v1 against any of the other "Big 3" guilds, but how long can they continue to dodge/spin shit until more and more of their members get tired of it and leave? Similar to how/why Iconic lost a huge part of their core early into the New World. 

Gravity's biggest weakness is their lack of control of the BDO "media" that both ManUp and Barcode have, due to their large amount of streamers. Which easily allows ManUp and Barcode to spin stories one way or another, while Gravity cannot. And if WW2 taught us anything, you cannot win a war without your own propaganda. 

Key Take Away:

Gravity appears to be content with stagnating the PvP scene as much as ManUp does. I'd advise anyone looking for an actual fight to avoid them like the plague, as they haven't had one in weeks. 

Final thoughts

While the "Big 3" are riddled with their own lies/spin machines, I believe there's actually still hope for the PvP scene here. Quite a few guilds have slowly been working their way up the ranks, such as BlackRose, Support, and Alloy, who appear to actually search out/find PvP, that I feel like each of them, given the proper circumstances, could burst into the siege scene and change everything. And that is exciting news. 

6 people like this

Posted

funny read.

Posted

Alloy I understand from a pvp perspective, BR I can understand from a politics perspective, but what is support bringing to the table that is so "bust into the scene" game changing?

1 person likes this

Posted

Didn't Gravity get a long 2v1 vs Blackrose and Cho this week? Seems like they had 2 decent fights at least with yesterday's castle siege.

Posted

Didn't Gravity get a long 2v1 vs Blackrose and Cho this week? Seems like they had 2 decent fights at least with yesterday's castle siege.

2v2 ?

Posted

Started 2v2 but was a 2v1 for a long time. Call it what you will, was some pretty action packed play.

Posted

Alloy I understand from a pvp perspective, BR I can understand from a politics perspective, but what is support bringing to the table that is so "bust into the scene" game changing?

Perhaps because Support actually PvPs. Theres no lying on the forums, complaining about things being unfair, it's just PvP. Fight any fight, regardless of the circumstances, and say GF and move on afterwards. 

Posted

ManUp

<snip>

Further evidence of ManUp's lack of "good pvp" interest is the fact that many of their top geared players leave ManUp during the week, to merc in smaller allied guilds node wars, and then players, such as Macilius, loves to show "highlights", on his stream, of him killing T1/T2 guild members, who are no where near him in terms of gear/skill, but he acts as if It's an "accomplishment" for essentially shitting on newbs. Rather deplorable, if you ask me. 

Our members want to participate in node wars.  Mercing in smaller guilds is how they participate in node wars.  We don't have an official ally to pass the castle to like the Gravity/Iconic alliance, or the Calpheon alliance.  I guess we could just raffle off 21 Bil a week for the lols?  Trying to find a happy medium here.

3 people like this

Posted

The "top" guilds have always valued guilds funds and winning over pvp, they have all those top tier players in their guilds because of the paychecks and not losing, it has never been about the pvp

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Honestly, I don't blame any of the people in these castle guilds even if I don't approve of their effect on the game because if I were in their position, I would do the same thing.  It's like international politics, the stakes are too high and people are risk adverse so it's better to cut deals then actually compete or confront people, i.e. pay off a couple billion to each allied guild and pocket the rest than fight people, and on the other side take the free money rather than risk losing in a confrontation. 

In international politics, countries really only saber-rattle when they have nothing to lose/domestic unrest.  For example, see Russia (economy in the gutter, so Putin picks fights to divert people's attention from home).  Same thing here; unless Daum introduces some kind of patch to screw with castle payouts or there's so much internal drama in one of these guilds that it actually risks their implosion, there's not enough incentive for people to take risks and fight (just pocket the money).  Ofc this means you'll see more and more of the castle guilds loaning out players to lower tier to get their PvP fix, which screws up the balancing for lower nodes...  Sound familiar (NAFTA and any free trade agreement anyone)? 

Edited by Auteur
1 person likes this

Posted

Perhaps because Support actually PvPs. Theres no lying on the forums, complaining about things being unfair, it's just PvP. Fight any fight, regardless of the circumstances, and say GF and move on afterwards. 

I would direct you to Ghost's most recent thread of support members still grudging about a siege weeks ago when they were given the mercy of reset-- but I'm on phone and don't feel like the copy pasta.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would direct you to Ghost's most recent thread of support members still grudging about a siege weeks ago when they were given the mercy of reset-- but I'm on phone and don't feel like the copy pasta.

No need. I was one of the participating there, however there are no grudges both sides hands are wiped clean. It was merely me correcting and pointing out there lies, so they could no longer continue to spin them, and they didn't once called out.  This happened three? weeks ago, and yesterday was the first you've heard of it, I'd say that just goes to prove the point I made far above ^^^^

Posted

Remove the pays 

then we'll see actual pvp 

Posted

Honestly, I don't blame any of the people in these castle guilds even if I don't approve of their effect on the game because if I were in their position, I would do the same thing.  It's like international politics, the stakes are too high and people are too risk adverse so it's better to cut deals then actually compete or confront people, i.e. pay off a couple billion to each allied guild and pocket the rest than fight people, and on the other side take the free money rather than risk losing in a confrontation. 

In international politics, countries really only saber-rattle when they have nothing to lose/domestic unrest.  For example, see Russia (economy in the gutter, so Putin picks fights to divert people's attention from home).  Same thing here; unless Daum introduces some kind of patch to screw with castle payouts or there's so much internal drama in one of these guilds that it actually risks their implosion, there's not enough incentive for people to take risks and fight (just pocket the money).  Ofc this means you'll see more and more of the castle guilds loaning out players to lower tier to get their PvP fix, which screws up the balancing for lower nodes...  Sound familiar (NAFTA and any free trade agreement anyone)? 

Exactly,  every single guild would do the same thing in ManUp's position,  they just pretend they wouldn't because they'll never be in the position to have to prove it. 

2 people like this

Posted

Exactly,  every single guild would do the same thing in ManUp's position,  they just pretend they wouldn't because they'll never be in the position to have to prove it. 

^this. 

those who claim otherwise are sheeps claiming to be lions, lets not kid yourselves

Posted

All in all, join Vision

Posted

mfw dude cries on the forums about top guilds being boring in boring game :facepalm:

Posted

There have been a couple of stalemate t3 nodes in the last few weeks and we dropped on them. Barcode could have done the same if they wanted their 1v1. Yet they seem to like taking t3 in the desert where no one wants to go.

I could be wrong, but it seems they don't want to fight anyone. I shouldn't talk shit about stuff I don't know, tbh I just want to fight barcode 1v1 on a t3 :/.

Posted

desert t3 = higher FPS and less cheeky spots for outpost/fort

3 people like this

Posted

lol

All in all, join Vision

if you want to contract AIDS

Posted

desert t3 = higher FPS and less cheeky spots for outpost/fort

Desert fights are alot of fun imo

Posted

Desert fights are alot of fun imo

I guess but if no one drops there is no fight at all kappa

Posted (edited)

Greetings!

Alot of people seem to be in "awe" of top tier guilds such as Barcode, ManUp, and Gravity, to the point where they're blinded to their flaws. So allow me to do the honor of revealing some of those for you...

Barcode

Last night, in Balenos, Barcode showed how terribly unorganized they are. It was pretty obvious that Orca wanted to publicly humiliate LOTD, in return for having had been wrecked by LOTD during the Christmas siege (as evidenced by him asking all his streamers in the guild to stream, with voice comms on), only to be cockblocked by Anim/FuzzySocks (the second in command) who defied Orca's (the actual guild leader) call of allowing BlackRose and LOTD to 1v1 each other, and zerged LOTD down out of spite. Orca actually left the siege because of this, and Anim/FuzzySocks kept fumbling around trying get people to follow his lead, despite the fact that he had just proven incapable of doing the same for Orca.

Key Take Away:

If you are a top geared player, I'd advise against joining Barcode until they sort out their internal leadership issues. 

ManUp

ManUp, the undisputed #1 guild atm, who are also currently enjoy having control of the BDO "Media" through streams like Mac, Zethian, Lacari, etc. Have continued claiming they just want "good pvp", but their actions speak far louder than their words. Let's look at a few examples;

If ManUp actually wanted PvP, they could give away their castle at any time to one of their many allies, and be free to place anywhere, and have that PvP. However, they continue to hold onto Valencia because ManUp isn't interested in "Good pvp", they'd rather just cash in on the payouts, while trying to portray themselves as the "PvP deprived" victims. 

I guess I don't know what is funnier/sadder, the fact that ManUp tries to portray themselves as victims, or the fact that your average BDO player believes it. 

Key Take Away:

If you care about actual, genuine, competitive PvP, joining ManUp is the worst thing you could do. I get it the appeal, I really do, but they're already stacked enough as it is. And the last thing we, the server, need is more stacked players to join them, or else competitive pvp will be a repeat of Barcode on Uno, and Iconic on Orwen (aka snooze fest). 

Gravity

At this stage in the game, it appears the gravity "spin" machine is just trying to stay out of the headlines for the most part. Which is a rather lame thing for a "Big 3" guild to do. Gravity has the gear, has the players, and last time I checked, had the highest wiz/witch ratio of any "big 3" guilds. So with all that in their favor, why do they refuse to actually engage a foe worthy of their prowess, such as ManUp or Barcode? Instead they ally with guilds, such as Iconic, to zerg guilds like Barcode, but refuse to not even try and scrim with Iconic afterwards? (Note, Iconic leadership also did not want to scrim with Gravity) How is that fun for anyone? 

So overall, Gravity just appears to be dodging any decent fight, which I guess means Gravity leadership feels like they'd lose a 1v1 against any of the other "Big 3" guilds, but how long can they continue to dodge/spin shit until more and more of their members get tired of it and leave? Similar to how/why Iconic lost a huge part of their core early into the New World. 

Gravity's biggest weakness is their lack of control of the BDO "media" that both ManUp and Barcode have, due to their large amount of streamers. Which easily allows ManUp and Barcode to spin stories one way or another, while Gravity cannot. And if WW2 taught us anything, you cannot win a war without your own propaganda. 

Key Take Away:

Gravity appears to be content with stagnating the PvP scene as much as ManUp does. I'd advise anyone looking for an actual fight to avoid them like the plague, as they haven't had one in weeks. 

Final thoughts

While the "Big 3" are riddled with their own lies/spin machines, I believe there's actually still hope for the PvP scene here. Quite a few guilds have slowly been working their way up the ranks, such as BlackRose, Support, and Alloy, who appear to actually search out/find PvP, that I feel like each of them, given the proper circumstances, could burst into the siege scene and change everything. And that is exciting news. 

You're saying ManUp are playing victim when they merc for other small guilds to get any sort of PVP no matter how mediocre?  ManUp doesn't have anyone to pass a castle to, unless you REALLY believe that their leadership and guild members would be content with losing out on pay and incentive that week to fight Gravity for half decent PVP where Gravity will call their Iconic slaves and shitter guilds like TradeFed to protect their epeen

Honestly, I don't blame any of the people in these castle guilds even if I don't approve of their effect on the game because if I were in their position, I would do the same thing.  It's like international politics, the stakes are too high and people are risk adverse so it's better to cut deals then actually compete or confront people, i.e. pay off a couple billion to each allied guild and pocket the rest than fight people, and on the other side take the free money rather than risk losing in a confrontation. 

The fact that you actually try and compare a pointless game with keyboard warriors and people obsessed with their epeen to international politics is hilarious.  

DAE CASTLES = CURRENT POLITICAL SITUATION??

Edited by Rikka Takanashi

Posted

its 2017, literally no excuse to not drop anywhere East of Sandgrain unless your members are still stuck at pirates and never been to Valencia 

Posted

Could simply use the blue tele to fort.  Only people having to go to the desert are the ones building equipment.