• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How many Active Players dose BDO have?

124 posts in this topic

Posted

I was asked by a friend I hope to recruit to BDO this question...

By looking at the forums I perceive over a  Million  but is this true? 

Is there a counter somewhere that gives an accurate number of player accounts ?

If not ...Say  Hi...make a Mega Thread here !!!

Posted (edited)

No one know ( well except kakao that will most likely not release that info ), you will only have guess. and there is no way to have accurate number of active players.

Edited by woots

Posted

rough estimate, around 10k

In NA/EU. Much more in KR since they actually get attention over here. The EU/NA players are unheard by PA since "daum" is just monetizing the game here and doesnt do balance patches. So that keeps players away.

1 person likes this

Posted

Definitely not a million. I don't wanna hazard a guess because of all the hate you get.

Posted

rough estimate, around 10k

Source? The only figures are from March and show that the game had 120,000 concurrent users by the end of the month. The only other numbers we know apart from this are that 1 million+ copies have been sold. 

The EU/NA players are unheard by PA

Why do you claim this? Do you speak for the community? :) 

5 people like this

Posted

Source? The only figures are from March and show that the game had 120,000 concurrent users by the end of the month. The only other numbers we know apart from this are that 1 million+ copies have been sold. 

Do you?

9 people like this

Posted

You guys realize kakao releases profit earnings every quarter? NA Branch of BDO shot made there income from gaming much higher, just google kakao earnings report quarters

Posted

Do you?

Source.

Posted

Plungey-chan, you know quite well that I know about that thread.

I was asking if you claim to speak for the community. :)

Posted

Plungey-chan, you know quite well that I know about that thread.

I was asking if you claim to speak for the community. :)

No one can claim to speak for the community because it's impossible to know what the community wants. His statement that the developers don't listen however is false as shown in this thread. If they don't listen, then why have things been implemented that some members of the NA/EU community asked for? Just because the developers/publisher ignores someone's suggestion does not mean they don't listen. :) 

2 people like this

Posted

Sorry but it's driving me crazy....."Does"

6 people like this

Posted

I was asked by a friend I hope to recruit to BDO this question...

By looking at the forums I perceive over a  Million  but is this true? 

Is there a counter somewhere that gives an accurate number of player accounts ?

If not ...Say  Hi...make a Mega Thread here !!!

If your friend is worried about the game population and if it is big enough to consider playing the game you should just tell him the population is big/healthy enough.

(Nobody knows actual numbers)

Posted

Around 10k active players.  

Habahhh over a million how naive. 

Even on launch day they were few 100k's short from a million.  And since then pop dropped by 95%.

Posted

I think what most people here mean is around 10k players logged in at most of the times, or at peaktimes. (in eu + na)

when it comes to "active" players, people seem to have very different views, most statistics count in players who just logged in once a month.

I would say in most games the amount of actually active and concurrent players (logging in daily or atleast every second or third day) is somewhere between 5x to 10x higher than the average amount of players online, here in bdo this might be a bit less since many people stay logged in 24/7 doing afk stuff.

10k active players out of 1 million sold copies would mean that 99% of all buyers quitted (or never started), and that would ... speak for itself, even if i could understand it :S

Posted

I saw another player the other day, but I didn't get a screenshot.....

Posted

Don't know how many, but the game is actually quite very much alive, with most of the cities being crowded, grinding spots taken and all world bosses taken down quite fast. I'd say there are more and more players if anything.

4 people like this

Posted

Not so many thanks to the lovely enhancement system.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's no where near as many players people would hope. Keep in mind the only MMO most people played is WoW and most kids nowadays didn't even play that, yet they will compare every MMO to it anyways without understanding how much of an anomaly this game was. So most people think a MMO needs to have over 1 million players and be at the top of twitch and youtube search, anything lower and it's a "ded gaem".  I see folks throw out numbers like 100k or 500k players, without understanding just how many people that actually is because they have been desensitized by WoW and it's astonishingly high numbers.

Anyways for BDO I would guess this game currently has around 100-150k active accounts (as in anyone, old or new, who actually logged-in in the last few months) and 4-8k active players in the game at any given time, and 85% of these people can be seen afk fishing in Heidel for days on end because thats the only thing you do in this game is afk. If this game didn't literally force you to leave you computer on for weeks at a time to do life skills, then the game world would likely be looking very similar to Archeage (before 3.0) or TERA right about now. Why? because the amount of people who are ACTUALLY at the computer playing the game at any given time would likely be hovering in the 1,000s.

"Why do I think this?"

-because I played and observed every single MMO since 05 so I have a pretty general idea of what playerbase numbers would look like in a game from experience. This is LITERALLY the only genre of games I have played and had a passion for my entire life.

"How do I know for sure?"

-I don't It's an educated guess. not a fact. A Guess.....GUESS. So don't say I'm making big bold claims as facts without evidence, like some moron will probably do in a few posts down.

"But why you gotta be so negative, you just want the game to die, you a hater"

-Well I'm sorry the most realistic numbers may hurt your feelings and your favorite game isn't as popular as the bigger established MMOs (which aren't even that big anyways). These numbers are actually still pretty good for a modern multiplayer PC game when you look at how over-saturated this market is, and I am not even talking about other genres/platforms. And obviously I don't want this game to "die" because otherwise I wouldn't be here on this forum still replying to threads, helping new people out, and defending Maehwa every 4 seconds (because scrublords just hold the biggest grudge against this class for some reason)...

7 people like this

Posted

How many players??

Enough... More when it eventually goes FTP.

Posted

-I don't It's an educated guess. not a fact. A Guess.....GUESS.

An educated guess means you're basing it off some sort of fact, so really you're just guessing. There are no facts to show the numbers and personal observation doesn't count. :) 

Posted

ALOT, probly even surpassing 50k.

As an avid trader I go through pretty much every channels in NA, and I also go through every single city in those channels. Literary every single city I pass by is packed with people, and the grind spots are also always contested. Heck last node war, I tried to find the least amount of guilds for a t1 node, not a single one (aside for the really strong guilds that decided to take multiple nodes), literary every single nodes have more than 3 guilds contesting over it.

2 people like this

Posted

It's plenty of people playing now, at least on NA. My source? Going to popular, and even less popular grinds spots and their are people there. Friends suffereing same fate. Hopping channels to try and find a free space.

MP competition, node wars etc. Plenty of people to keep the show going.

Posted

Do you? Who has to "speak for the community" to state facts on how the gaming business works?

PA is an Asian gaming company, and these have shown in the past that they do not care in the slightest for the western market. Quite literally every single so called "asia-grinder" that has been "ported" to the west has failed. All of the, no exceptions.

Why? Because these asian game developers set up a shell company, in this case daum, which then monetizes the game here, for certain tax and legal reason. So what they do is take a few guys, give them a small office and let them sit there.  They sit there, monitor the forums and basically wait for PA to upload certain game files (often many months after their release in KR) to apply them to the localized version of the game, translate it with google translate(tons of evidence on this in the -----ing game) and then apply it to the western servers. Thats it. Thats their "job".

And that is the reason why complaining about balance on the EU/NA forums is an wasted effort, PA, the dudes who actually CODE the game, are not here.

And we can put some more proof on this. Back when BDO released in NA/EU, there was a huge outcry over the way how karma works. Eventually, some kind of "bounty hunter" system was in the ideas, but daum literally could not get a hold of PA to forward this idea. This is said by a CM many months ago. 

Posted (edited)

he is giving his rough estimate as he was asked a question there is no source needed for that

As for cities being crowded as few people say .... well well trent is like 6 ppl per channel, Valencia I stop and chat them up as there are rarely any people. I would say arounf 5k at best during the week and 10k during the weekend and that is including the semi afk ppl

Edited by mad

Posted

It's plenty of people playing now, at least on NA. My source? Going to popular, and even less popular grinds spots and their are people there. Friends suffereing same fate. Hopping channels to try and find a free space.

MP competition, node wars etc. Plenty of people to keep the show going.

theres just a small problem with that.

grinding is the ONLY main content in this game besides afk stuff, which is done mostly in cities (where the most people are hanging around). There are maybe about 10 "good" grindspots in the whole game, which are actually popular and regularly visited, with somewhere around 2-4 "main" rotations.

With 36 channels total, that sums up to roughly a bit more than 1000 decent grindspots/rotations for the WHOLE PLAYERBASE.

assuming that most people grind solo, and only some grind in groups from 2-5, then even IF hypothetically spoken, every single decent spot in the game on every single channel would be taken, that's still only a few thousand players which are currently actively "playing the actual main content".