• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I know I'm not the only one that wishes for this

23 posts in this topic

Posted

An option to hide the extra katanas. Aside from the skill Seamless, 99% of our skills utilize only one katana. It seems pretty contradictory for ninjas to carry more than what's needed to get the job done, don't you think? And I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like there's more of a sense of suave and finesse of using a single blade to assassinate enemies instead of six. On top of that there's less clutter and clipping to be had with fewer katanas.

3 people like this

Posted

I agree with this, I want to reoleplay as an actual samurai more. 

Posted (edited)

I'd like to be able to choose which two swords show (right hip, left hip, or the two on the back) along with the stance (right handed or left handed).  The six swords are just so excessive.

Edited by Raevion

Posted

I'd like to be able to choose which two swords show (right hip, left hip, or the two on the back) along with the stance (right handed or left handed).  The six swords are just so excessive.

this x1000% 

Posted

Yea. I'd hide the katanas on our back and right hip.  I'd be also nice if we could put our shortsword on our waist side

Posted

1 hip katana and 2 katanas on the back, cause at least he uses the ones on his back and sheaths them, and s + lmb animation as well as katana shower require the katana as well as sheathing them in animation

Posted

Then wizard would like to have an option to hide 1 orb...

Pointless kinda. Awakening weapon is all katanas, like wiz's awakening is 2 orbs.

Posted (edited)

He actually does use all 6

Main sword ( the one he holds ): most abilities

2 side swords (not including left main sword): chaos spree

2 back swords: seamless

Which leave one sword on the right, it took me awhile to figure this out, however when you left + LMB ( side slash left) he uses that one sword and that's all its used for LOL. 

Of course you could say he uses the same one he uses the same sword for asura chaos but pearl abyss actually put some care into our animations, I know some of theach animations are based on "laido" I think is what it's called. Martial arts of sheathing and unsheathing. 

For example our lvl 60 ability Mach explosion when you see the "down sword motion" as described on the ability also, was a motion actually used to get rid of blood before sheathing your sword. Makes perfect sense with drastic measure but I digress XD.

Edited by Booger

Posted

He actually does use all 6

Main sword ( the one he holds ): most abilities

2 side swords (not including left main sword): chaos spree

2 back swords: seamless

Which leave one sword on the right, it took me awhile to figure this out, however when you left + LMB ( side slash left) he uses that one sword and that's all its used for LOL. 

Of course you could say he uses the same one he uses the same sword for asura chaos but pearl abyss actually put some care into our animations, I know some of theach animations are based on "laido" I think is what it's called. Martial arts of sheathing and unsheathing. 

For example our lvl 60 ability Mach explosion when you see the "down sword motion" as described on the ability also, was a motion actually used to get rid of blood before sheathing your sword. Makes perfect sense with drastic measure but I digress XD.

We actually use the Hiten Mitsurugi-ryu style!!!! Jokes aside, yeah they're modeled after a legit sword stance style, that uses just the standard 2 sword setup that samurai had. 

Posted

if you have ever seen soul eater there is a character that used swords and would throw them up in the air at the beginning and utilize them by jumping from sword to sword, kicking them, grabbing and throwing. Just an endless assault.

Posted

if you have ever seen soul eater there is a character that used swords and would throw them up in the air at the beginning and utilize them by jumping from sword to sword, kicking them, grabbing and throwing. Just an endless assault.

link pls this sounds amazin

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't mind all the swords....But I'd definitely stand behind the option to choose which ones show

Posted

either this, or use them more visibly, as suggested in the thread i made before seeing this one.

Posted

Would also like an option to hide or move the shortsword, not a fan of having it on the back like that, on the back of the hip or something would be cool, like horizontaly across, like the Assassin in Blade and Soul, or like in the Tenchu games.

Posted

As @Booger pointed out, all the swords are used in separate skill animations. What you're asking is for them to redo the motion capture and reanimate every skill to use 2 swords of your choosing? That's an unreasonable expectation and it would be easier for PearlAbyss to just make another class altogether. Unless you want to pull swords from invisible sheathes, I don't think you're going to get what you're asking for.

Posted

As @Booger pointed out, all the swords are used in separate skill animations. What you're asking is for them to redo the motion capture and reanimate every skill to use 2 swords of your choosing? That's an unreasonable expectation and it would be easier for PearlAbyss to just make another class altogether. Unless you want to pull swords from invisible sheathes, I don't think you're going to get what you're asking for.

it's really not visible, if you look VERY closely you can apparently see they are used in sura chaos spree, and the ones on the back are used for seamless, but, come on... we don't NEED those extra katanas, we could do all those moves with 2 katanas. It's actually NONSENSE to draw Long Katanas from one's back, and does not work, as the arm is not long enough to draw the blade, that way, which is sheathed in a long hilt.

If on the other hand they added some skills*** which supply a real reason for us to carry around these 6 katanas, i think you wouldn't have threads like this one, with 90% of players saying "yup"...

***remove block jump + concealment and just let us use non awakened versions in awakening, like musa gets sprint... And then add skills which use all of those katanas.

Posted

An option to hide the extra katanas. Aside from the skill Seamless, 99% of our skills utilize only one katana. It seems pretty contradictory for ninjas to carry more than what's needed to get the job done, don't you think? And I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like there's more of a sense of suave and finesse of using a single blade to assassinate enemies instead of six. On top of that there's less clutter and clipping to be had with fewer katanas.

I'm loving 6 swords but 3 would be reasonable ^^ We use 3 swords after all :P 

4122681-4490621179-39796.gif

I would prefer Zoro - One Piece style than this...  Not saying it's not cool though xD

Posted

it's really not visible, if you look VERY closely you can apparently see they are used in sura chaos spree, and the ones on the back are used for seamless, but, come on... we don't NEED those extra katanas, we could do all those moves with 2 katanas. It's actually NONSENSE to draw Long Katanas from one's back, and does not work, as the arm is not long enough to draw the blade, that way, which is sheathed in a long hilt.
If on the other hand they added some skills*** which supply a real reason for us to carry around these 6 katanas, i think you wouldn't have threads like this one, with 90% of players saying "yup"...

***remove block jump + concealment and just let us use non awakened versions in awakening, like musa gets sprint... And then add skills which use all of those katanas.

its also nonsense to put a huge greatsword on your back, not to mention a ridiculous lance being held with one arm. Its a game, classes are over the top. Nothing new here. And fyi it is possible to draw katanas from ones back.

i agree with the block jump and concealment though

Posted (edited)

It would be nice to have the ability to just have the main sword show up and the others only materialize when you cast the designated skills for them. Kinda like in warframe when you want to hide your weapons when put away. 

Edited by Lugh

Posted

Can confirm. Everybody knows in strict order of importance; 

1: Looks

2: Gear

3: Skill

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0