• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Grind Spot Etiquette

60 posts in this topic

Posted

So having spent a couple of days grinding out Sausans, it comes to my attention that the art of Grind Spot etiquette has been completely lost, have you ran into the following?

-Team that can't handle their spawn rotation, that gets salty when someone decides to add a pack they were struggling to rotate on into their rotation?

-Disrespected rotation, someone encroaching into your rotation when they don't have one or can't handle their own?

-Players flagging up on you and Karma bombing?

-Players flagging up on you and trying to kill you?

While you can't always stop players being, well...special, you can solve 90% of the grind spot drama with Grind Spot Etiquette.

First things first, identifying and claiming a spot.

Take the time to note the grindspots, there are typically 3 in the Sausans, some may refute it, but to comfortably rotate and arrive at each pack as they spawn, there are typically 3 spots.

grindspot.jpg

How these are typically ordered:

1. The Main group grind spot, teams of 5 typically take this spot as it has the most pack density.

2. This is usually the smaller group grind spot, 2's and 3's, while the area seems small there's plenty of pack density here.

3. Typically the solo spot, this can shared between two players (the weaker of the two taking the right hand side and the stronger taking the left with the big pack) however splitting is down to if the player(s) want to split.

So if you come to Sausans and see all the spots are taken, you have a choice.

-Ask the group spots if they have room

-Ask the solo player if they don't mind sharing

-Switch channel

With PK only being detrimental to the person that PK's don't bother, just save yourself the hassle of bad rep and bad karma and switch channel, look for an unoccupied spot elsewhere.

So now you've found a spot, let's say it's the solo spot and you're grinding away quite quickly and the group at spot 1 keeps encroaching on your big pack, this is typically where flag ups and drama start, just keep rotating and watch how often they take the big pack, if they can't keep up, your rotation should see to it that you secure it back away from them, if they get to it every time, then they are clearly rotating way faster than you are so drop the pack out of your rotation and keep an eye out if they are dropping something from theirs to take your big pack (chances are they are) if they have, that pack is now yours so alter your rotation path to suit.

Now let's say they keep taking your packs, even though you can clearly see they are struggling to keep up their rotation. This makes their entire rotation free game, so feel free to go kill their biggest pack, etiquette dictates that if someone isn't respecting you constantly, you should return the favor. Do it once, return to your rotation, if they don't get the message, do it again, if they flag up, now feel free to kill them because they clearly aren't strong enough to take you if they can't keep up with a solo player rotation, just remember to give it 10 minutes and if they come back, leave/switch channel, don't stick around to be karma bombed. Walk softly and carry a big stick.

===================

A player shows up and starts picking at your rotation.

This is either:

1. You're not rotating fast enough, packs should be just spawning or have just spawned as you arrive at them for a rotation to be considered safe/effective.

2. You were overextending anyway

3. They are trying to push you off the spot.

Now you have a couple of choices here.

-Share with the person whom was there first taking the stronger part of the rotation

-Give up ground and take the weaker part of the rotation (only do this if you were struggling)

-Give up the spot and switch channel/leave (if they seem antsy/smacktalky, don't bother, just leave, they are likely to flag up and Karma bomb, save yourself the hassle)

-Kill faster and tighten up your rotation, your spot is now considered in competition and the strongest player is the one whom should take it.

In the group spots, you have the option to share, but it's likely going to hurt both groups in the long run, so you only really have the choice of giving up the spot or tightening up your rotation, it's typically first come, first serve, so if someone encroaches, just tighten up, rotate faster, if they kill more, then consider giving it up and switching channel as they are clearly out-competing you for the spot.

===========

Now I expect some to think "wuss, care bear, etc", but this is pretty much how we used to do grind spots in the old days, in areas where PK'ing was enabled. It's better to live and let live than to go into the unnecessary drama that usually comes with PK'ing.

PK should be the last resort, it hurts the PK'er more than it hurts the PK'ed, I've been using the old rotation etiquette method over this past few days and guess what? apart from one guild of rambos that couldn't even handle their own rotation going PK at which point I just went back to town to sell stuff then came back later, my Sausans grinding days have been relatively drama and PK free.

So the simple rules of Grind Spots.

Respect the spot

Respect the rotation

Don't start drama

Only PK as a last resort

3 people like this

Posted

I'm afraid you've wasted time and effort with this thread. "Grinding etiquette" isn't a foreign concept or misunderstood. It's just majorly ignored.

5 people like this

Posted

I just looked at picture, you dont even know sausan spots. Not gonna read rest

30 people like this

Posted

This is the only game I've played that tries and claim "grinding rotations". It's not a thing, they don't exist. Period. If I see untapped mobs, I attack them. It's that simple. 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

So lemme guess you think there's 1-5? Like I said I expected it to be refuted, but to comfortably rotate so you arrive at each pack as it respawns, there are typically 3 spots.

I'm aware you aren't from an age of rotations, like appears to be an issue for a lot of the community, that's why you get drama at this spot.

Basically the 3 spots give:

Team of 5, the majority of big packs

Team of 2-3, the second most big packs

solo player, multi-small packs and one big pack.

Obviously a rotation isn't set in stone, it can and does change and that's down to the players in the camp to decide for themselves.

But for the Average Rotations, it's 3 spots, higher geared players shouldn't even be at Sausans past a certain level and that's on them.

Edit: And the reason I say that is quite simple, they aren't benefiting their XP p/h killing mobs they are over leveled to do, if they're there for money, then they should be respecting players that are leveling, not being jerks about it, they had to do that grind themselves, so they should think about it before walking into the spot and saying "It's all mine"

Edited by MadMaximoff

Posted

When i am grinding solo and are faster then the 5 player groups, why should i leave then? if the 5 people cant handle the mobs vs 1 player they are just bad, and i dont care of they pk me.

i love the people who just follow me and attacking my monsters, they never realise they help me, instead of grief me. <3 

1 person likes this

Posted

flag onsight pk is the common etiquette in this game.

Posted (edited)

Wtf Are you assumming. I'm playing since beta and belive me I was grinding there when majority of people didnt know how to rotate on sausans.
Your rotations are pure bullshit and i never saw someone grind like that, n1 is 2 and half rotations, n3 is just few random packs that are part of the rotation n1 is has too. I would maybe agree with n3 for some loner that has low ap and few packs are enough for him

Edited by Matys
2 people like this

Posted

When i am grinding solo and are faster then the 5 player groups, why should i leave then? if the 5 people cant handle the mobs vs 1 player they are just bad, and i dont care of they pk me.

i love the people who just follow me and attacking my monsters, they never realise they help me, instead of grief me. <3 

If that's the case, they should be giving ground to you, or switching channel. There are like 30 channels that's 90 spots.

I doubt 90 spots are full 24/7.

heck back in AO we had 6 Heckler spots and even they weren't full 24/7 and there were 6 to go between an entire player base.

Wtf Are you assumming. I'm playing since beta and belive me I was grinding there when majority of people didnt know how to rotate on sausans.
Your rotations are pure bullshit and i never saw someone grind like that, n1 is 2 and half rotations, n3 is just few random packs that are part of the rotation n1 is has too. I would maybe agree with n3 for some loner that has low ap and few packs are enough for him

If they have high AP, then wouldn't it be better for them to grind Soldiers Grave? The elite mobs tend to have solid payouts and you can easily match/better the Sausans grind if you can kill the elites efficiently since they have a higher drop rate on scroll parts, whereas Sausans is all about grinding out armor parts, robe, supplies for 1 mil per turn in with extra from any RNG luck that might happen to come your way on scroll parts/grunhil drops.

Posted

That #1 in the picture is the greediest rotation I have ever seen anyone claim..1st thing is its impossible to kill all of that and arrive back at the first mob you killed as it is spawning...try it...kill the first mob and then don't even kill all the others, just run by all the other mobs, you won't get back to the first one in time, its impossible, your character doesn't move fast enough even without killing all the other mobs.

As for grind spot etiquette in general, this game is open world PVP and is king of the hill. However, just killing someone does mean you are forcing them out of a grind spot. You have to be able to make it not worth while to be there for them to leave. You can try to make up whatever rules you want and try to force them on other people, but the only rules that matter are the terms of service and no ones cares what rules you want everyone to follow other than that. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You totally went off track and your response has no connection to what you were trying to say before.
You are saying I dont know about spots and thus cause drama, i prove you otherwise while even giving you estimation of real sausan spots and you start talking about AP and soldiers grave that is the most -----ing useless spot in this game? Wtf mate it turned into bad troll or you completly lost yourself after someone took your spot

1 person likes this

Posted

If that's the case, they should be giving ground to you, or switching channel. There are like 30 channels that's 90 spots.

I doubt 90 spots are full 24/7.

When every thing is full on one channel, you wait 15 minutes to change, full again.  Tables have been flipped.

Posted

That #1 in the picture is the greediest rotation I have ever seen anyone claim..1st thing is its impossible to kill all of that and arrive back at the first mob you killed as it is spawning...try it...kill the first mob and then don't even kill all the others, just run by all the other mobs, you won't get back to the first one in time, its impossible, your character doesn't move fast enough even without killing all the other mobs.

As for grind spot etiquette in general, this game is open world PVP and is king of the hill. However, just killing someone does mean you are forcing them out of a grind spot. You have to be able to make it not worth while to be there for them to leave. You can try to make up whatever rules you want and try to force them on other people, but the only rules that matter are the terms of service and no ones cares what rules you want everyone to follow other than that. 

It's a rough estimate, by no means an accurate indicator, if I wanted to do an accurate one, I'd do a video or actually use a graphical package, not "draw a rough circle" with MS Paint.

I've played plenty of Open World PvP games where grind spot etiquette existed and was encouraged (back in Anarchy online we had Aces and Medusas that were fully PvP open spots, it wasn't unusual to see it in Lineage II either), I get that it's 2k17 and the idea of respecting others is a dinosaur philosophy, but that's why there's quite a bit of unnecessary drama.

Logic > Feelings.

When every thing is full on one channel, you wait 15 minutes to change, full again.  Tables have been flipped.

15 minutes to change, or 3 hours of arguing over who has the bigger e-peen? I know which option I'll take every time.

Posted

didnt read anything, but your rotations are wrong 

i can despawn main sausan rotation with only 215ap and lvl 60 

Posted

You totally went off track and your response has no connection to what you were trying to say before.
You are saying I dont know about spots and thus cause drama, i prove you otherwise while even giving you estimation of real sausan spots and you start talking about AP and soldiers grave that is the most -----ing useless spot in this game? Wtf mate it turned into bad troll or you completly lost yourself after someone took your spot

We call this Fillibustering what you're doing right now. The point was "If they are better geared wouldn't they be better going elsewhere where they can farm it without interuption?"

Your answer was pure derail/rage, to try turn the topic into a flame thread. If that's all you have to add, your Feelings, try a different thread.

Posted

You know when we had Grind Spot Etiquette? When griefers who came to spot and thought its theirs now got PK'ed and lost 1%

Posted

didnt read anything, but your rotations are wrong 

i can despawn main sausan rotation with only 215ap and lvl 60 

Then you shouldn't even be at Sausans. It's stuff like this that will get Daum to nerf/remove drops from mobs you don't get xp from.

Don't think it won't happen as Sausans is already being questionable for the Silver p/h it produces, this would be the most likely remedy "No Xp, No Loot"

Posted (edited)

Then you shouldn't even be at Sausans. It's stuff like this that will get Daum to nerf/remove drops from mobs you don't get xp from.

Don't think it won't happen as Sausans is already being questionable for the Silver p/h it produces, this would be the most likely remedy "No Xp, No Loot"

until they make a better spot, im staying here 

i would like to even see them try to nerf sausans 

Edited by Claydough

Posted (edited)

I would like to fix your picture on grind spot locations. Feel free to update your original post using my picture if you want.

1: Main rotation
2: Side rotation
3: Back rotation
4: noob rotation

2/4 share the area where they overlap. 
2 gets first dibs on that area if their group is fast enough to clear it, If they aren't, 4 gets it. 

sausans.jpg

Edited by xcandykitten
13 people like this

Posted

@MadMaximoff

They're ragging on you because you drew the circles wrong. Otherwise the rest of what you're saying is right, except that there 5, not 3, worthwhile spots. :)

Posted (edited)

I take 1 and 2 into one rotation .

Also because higher geared scrubs like to go too sausans to pk lower geared people, i party up with some low level people and kill everyone who tries pk them.

Edited by BigBossInThePit
2 people like this

Posted

seconded. Although I did slog through OPs post which I regret.

@ OP-You lumped together multiple spots into one spot, you need to get better at reading maps and start by tilting your map HUD.

To stay on topic, grind etiquette is nice but lets be honest here. In internet land any kind of etiquette is rare, now multiply that by an indefinite % when applying it to MMOs where you all vie for one spot that is considered to be the best money maker/exp/etc.

It sounds to me like you are a lower level (50-56) who wants the best spot all to yourself that was PKed by a much more geared and or skilled pvper. To make matters worse you wrote an overly long and "basic -----" common sense guide that anyone who does have simple etiquette already knows and follows. There are some people who just choose not to follow it. To that I say "tough shit its a part of the game."

My Etiquette

I normally am courteous to most people I happen upon after establishing my rotation and being there for a while, either by inviting to duo at sausans or giving multiple warnings(usually 3 strike rule applies) if I want to solo or am at crescents/fogans/etc. If they keep griefing and KSing I flag and attempt to kill. If I Pk them then that's all well and good and I go about my business while reminding them I gave out multiple warnings. If they happen to be stronger than me and Kill me than tough shit on me. I may cuss at them or be pissed off but I CC and find another spot if it was a one sided fight or if it was close I will give it one more go as I am a competitive person. The more time you waste on asshats the less time you are achieving anything. Like I said In a open world PvP game your gonna get assholes. Lord knows everyone from Edan whos been around long enough remembers Missbulgaria and their afk Kill sprees.

1 person likes this

Posted

Whatever.

#makevalenciabetter

Posted

switch the picture with xcandykitten's for the real common rotations and then its a good post. Even though it wont stop people from PKing if they want to, its a game feature after all.

Also i found that taking a rotation that fits your grind speed rarely prevents passing players from attacking your mobs. There is this pirate spot in the north east of the island with one big group at the foot of a hill and another one on some platfrom on top of it. Doing this rotation almost perfectly fits my grind speed, means out of the ~8 groups (+ some smaller ones) i cycle through there is usually just 1, sometimes 2 groups alive. Still I often find people attacking that big group as im sliding down the mountain, even though EVERY other group around them is dead -.-. Id have to stand in the middle of a spawn before mobs start respawning for people to notice that someone is there...

Posted

Those aren't even the proper spots
Ill fix it
blue circle is where youre meant to grind at sausans

grindspot.jpg

6 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0