• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

solution Solution to Karma Griefers by Players

42 posts in this topic

Posted

I have my own list of sh*tty people I have to kill on sight. But that's *my* list. I honestly don't trust anyone to tell me who I must kill, nor their supposed "evidences" they could present.

With current system we are all forced to get along with players that have whole different interests (sometimes the exact opposite of us) with the frustration this generates to both sides.

May I redirect you to my suggestion of a "no karma/pvp channel"? I feel that is a possible solution to your issue! http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/128375-pvpno-karma-channel/

Posted

I have my own list of sh*tty people I have to kill on sight. But that's *my* list. I honestly don't trust anyone to tell me who I must kill, nor their supposed "evidences" they could present.

With current system we are all forced to get along with players that have whole different interests (sometimes the exact opposite of us) with the frustration this generates to both sides.

May I redirect you to my suggestion of a "no karma/pvp channel"? I feel that is a possible solution to your issue! http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/128375-pvpno-karma-channel/

call it the sausan channel xD

Posted

This thread with those examples made my IQ drop. 

1 person likes this

Posted

not your personal army

Posted

I LOVE CONFRONTATION

Posted

Wait let me get this straight...

Is everyone saying that the solo guy was wrong for farming in a spot because a group said, "It's taken"?

What kind of MMO has this become since I left? We can claim spots of the world for ourselves now? What kind of logic is this, and why are so many agreeing with it?

1 person likes this

Posted

Wait let me get this straight...

Is everyone saying that the solo guy was wrong for farming in a spot because a group said, "It's taken"?

What kind of MMO has this become since I left? We can claim spots of the world for ourselves now? What kind of logic is this, and why are so many agreeing with it?

nah, most people here are agreeing that if a whole group cannot deal with that 1 guy taking away from their farm, the problem is at their end.

the mechanic to "claim" a grindspot has always been in the game since release, as long as you can kill the contesters to keep them away. What many players dont agree with is the costs that this is tied to (karma penalty), they believe they should be able to kill and grief as long as they want without much consequences simply because they have spent thousands of hours and are full tri/tet.

Posted

... they believe they should be able to kill and grief as long as they want ...

Kill player and grief them? :D I thought if contest player by PvP at spot and win, it's mine and he can go B ? :P 

Posted

take him low and let mobs finish him off.

Posted

This is getting pretty territorial over grinding spots geez. I read the other day where a person was killed chopping trees in a so called "taken area". Almost sounds like there are not enough mobs or resources to farm without having a reserved spot.

Oh don't take that spot on the lake I was fishing there last week! Hahahahaha 

Posted

This is getting pretty territorial over grinding spots geez. I read the other day where a person was killed chopping trees in a so called "taken area". Almost sounds like there are not enough mobs or resources to farm without having a reserved spot.

Oh don't take that spot on the lake I was fishing there last week! Hahahahaha 

back in the old days fishers were prime targets of big guilds. You child earn the best money by killing fishers and taking their fish.

Even other fishers logged into an alt to kill all the fishers around them to restore the fishing spots population.

Those were good days

Posted

Hello today again i've experienced huge anger and adrenaline drive, why? Well again a pleb who is a karma griefer showed up on my Main spot on pirates where im grinding with a full group for 4 hours and pops in kills mobs, I nicely said hey its taken and we are full otherwise i'd invite, please leave. He doesnt do that and continues, so my group starts farming him, untill we went red, once that happend the guy comes around and hits us worst part is he is conviced he is awfully strong as he can beat us and we dont kill him right. Well I've been thinking of a way to Stop this from happening, it might take a while and whole EU community and NA to contribute to actualy get rid of them.

Here is the idea, using this thread we can write down names of known griefers with proof (whispers, deaths and such) and then all the players who have their names could, should bully them, outside of safe areas when they are spotted, be they on alt gathering or main grinding or bosses we should all do this and contribute to getting rid of the awfull system daum put on us.

I will be making a discord for this, as Name and Shaming isnt alowed on forums.

If everyone agree's i'd start with making discord.

I'll be editing this thread with names of each and every griefer added and so people can actualy work against them. Please do join in on this and help us get rid of cancerous plebs.

Isnt that called....Cyber Bullying?

Posted

You go to a bar (where u find some nerds or something dunno if that exists), go to a taken place and just take his milk (or whatever they drink) and drink it infront of him. pretty sure u will notice a difference :) 

The common agreed rules in "real life" society forbid you to just take someone's property. Apart from that, the guy will probably just beat your ass if you do that.

In BDO, there are no such rules. The "milk" doesn't belong to anybody, it's not a property of anyone. The milk is free for all, and you are pissed because someone else gets some of the milk too. 

Maybe you should try to prevent everyone from buying milk in your local supermarket and see what happens. Then cry loud and crazy "spot taken! milk griefers!"

Posted

The common agreed rules in "real life" society forbid you to just take someone's property. Apart from that, the guy will probably just beat your ass if you do that.

In BDO, there are no such rules. The "milk" doesn't belong to anybody, it's not a property of anyone. The milk is free for all, and you are pissed because someone else gets some of the milk too. 

Maybe you should try to prevent everyone from buying milk in your local supermarket and see what happens. Then cry loud and crazy "spot taken! milk griefers!"

i would rather say its like taking someones seat at a bar, tbh that would get ur ass kicked if it was the wrong person aswell. tho if that happend inside the bar it would result in him being banned from that bar.

but if it happend outside the bar, after the fact, it could go much worse.

i understand the frustration of this player and i agree on a name and shame thing.

in another game i played for quite a while, we had a Blacklist forum, where players could get people banned for cheating, not the same thing but it was an effort of the community to get rid of cheating players (with evidence beyond reasonable doubt) becouse the people who made the game didnt give a shit.

not saying kaokao doesnt give a shit, this could be fixed with a simple rework of the karma system.

there has been alot of good ideas for the karma system, from the community and i hope for it to get reworked. 

i dont mind going red at a place like pirates, becouse u get so much karma from there anyhow.

but i think, a orginised effort from the community to get rid of these types of players, would be cool, but it has to be monitored and checked. 

most players who dont really like openworld pvp wont agree with this tho.

and i understand that alot of people dont like the whole name and shame thing.

but if someone uses a system of the game to harm other players, that should be something people would like to fix.

im looking forward for some good counterpoints to what ive written. 

Keep it civil, ill have a open mind, hope u have that too

~Hex

Posted

This is shameful. Just the idea. It's wrong on so many levels that you should be perma banned from the game. Community anager should replay to this thread ending this discussion and closing it. @CM_Aethon @CM_Oli @@CM_Serenity

You are trying to create a toxic situation influemcing whole community based on your personal problems and emotions. 

QFT

Posted

i understand the frustration of this player and i agree on a name and shame thing.

in another game i played for quite a while, we had a Blacklist forum, where players could get people banned for cheating, not the same thing but it was an effort of the community to get rid of cheating players (with evidence beyond reasonable doubt) becouse the people who made the game didnt give a shit.

So you really don't understand the difference between cheating, and just playing the game normally? That's ridiculous.

Not only that the lv60 guys still camp sausan and want to play big strong man vs. lv50 noobs there, not enough that they whine about griefing and karma bombing, not enough they spawncamp them.... no, you want also witchhunting for the noobs... you're really a douchebag, you deserve to be on a blacklist and hundreds of players should killsteal your stuff all day, until you guys start to learn you're not the top of everything.

1 person likes this

Posted

So you really don't understand the difference between cheating, and just playing the game normally? That's ridiculous.

Not only that the lv60 guys still camp sausan and want to play big strong man vs. lv50 noobs there, not enough that they whine about griefing and karma bombing, not enough they spawncamp them.... no, you want also witchhunting for the noobs... you're really a douchebag, you deserve to be on a blacklist and hundreds of players should killsteal your stuff all day, until you guys start to learn you're not the top of everything.

well if u dont understand what i meant, read again.