• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Wizard PVP build ?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I just started playing today and want a Wizard for PVP. Does anyone have a suggested build that will maximize my development. I'm specifically interested in siege pvp.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

It all depends to your playstyle. Wiz/witch are very nice allround classes if u know what items to pick.

The first way is beeing a mindless ap stacking monkey no matter what and trust in twoshooting ppl by outgearing them. I would call this the bdo meta cause 90% of the playerbase is basicly doing that.

Option number 2 would be a full DP + life mage with 40% ignore resistence. use ur shields and cc as much plebs as possible so ur raid members can burn them to hell.

But this means ur sacrificing a lot outside of the raids and u defnetly need a progress pvp guild who can handle such an engage

And also important u need to build a second ap gear to farm your gold proper.

Nr 3 is a mix between ap and evasion thats like a oneman mageballshow.

U buff up then u jump in burn them to hell and after 6 sec port out, w8 for your shield cds and then u do the same again. Such an opener can have a huge impact if ur raid wants to break the lines of your enemys.

And last way is hybrid mage go till 190-200 ap and spend everything else into dp and ofc life. U need to keep in mind that mages have 2 shilds and a 3 min cd buff with an insane stat boost, also heals are scaling on % so HP will be masterrace.                    

If well done u can reach 4k+ hp and still hiting like a truck. This is a support build in my eyes. Because the longer u stay the longer ur mates are able to be pushed by your buffs, shilds and heals.

every decent frontline will appreciate such an supporter behind them.

If ur intrested in more details about how to build your items on each option just let me know and we can go a bit more into details.

Ps to be honest I think the offensive builds fits a bit better to wiz and the defensiv ones to witch so if u prefer a defensive one u might should think about rolling on witch before u start to lvl now.

And plz dont shitstorm me now ppl all i said is my personal opinion and i am not calling any of those ways the BiS way

Edited by Eiwei

Posted

I would call this the bdo meta cause 90% of the playerbase is basicly doing that.

nah the current meta is stacking evasion like crazy, not only sacrificing ap but also accuracy for it, even though noone actually knows or actually tested which items give evasion or dr.

1 person likes this

Posted

If well done u can reach 4k+ hp and still hiting like a truck.

Really? You can reach 4k+ hp without events? Teach senpai, cause I can only get 3700 at lvl 59 :( 

Posted (edited)

they key is to use all items that provides hp.

for example i am not using bhegs and muskans. I replaced them with 2 tet heve items (+150 hp)

for the lag of acc i have +6 from gems and a tri red coral (would be tet, but i am a poor pleb atm playing since a bit more then 2 months)

mage acc scales very well so i think ur fine with that. And u can always pop a acc potion against high evasion ppl.

Also use this stuff:

defensive alchemy stone (+140 hp)

1 whale earring +100hp

centaurs belt on tri means +100 hp

seraph +50 hp

2 tri cadry rings +140 hp

+ 150 hp from the potion

+ 100 hp from calpheon meal

and if ur very tryhard + 200 from perfume of courage

Edited by Eiwei

Posted

they key is to use all items that provides hp.

for example i am not using bhegs and muskans. I replaced them with 2 tet heve items (+150 hp)

for the lag of acc i have +6 from gems and a tri red coral (would be tet, but i am a poor pleb atm playing since a bit more then 2 months)

mage acc scales very well so i think ur fine with that. And u can always pop a acc potion against high evasion ppl.

Also use this stuff:

defensive alchemy stone (+140 hp)

1 whale earring +100hp

centaurs belt on tri means +100 hp

seraph +50 hp

2 tri cadry rings +140 hp

+ 150 hp from the potion

+ 100 hp from calpheon meal

and if ur very tryhard + 200 from perfume of courage

The idea of replacing Muskan shoes for Heve in an attempt to increase HP for more survivability is absurdly counterproductive. Do you have any concept of the way DP and Evasion scale in comparison to HP? If your opponent is stacking obscene amounts of accuracy, then Muskan shoes mean little more than the extra DP they have over almost every other shoes in game, but players with that much accuracy are rare, and when they do occur, they have certainly sacrificed AP to get it, meaning the extra DP from Muskan is still valuable against them. A well rounded pvp build takes into account how everyone else is building, and most people, as you aknowledged yourself, aren't stacking very much accuracy, this means Muskan shoes are godly compared to every other shoe.

If I'm honest, it seems like you have motivated reasoning: your gear is clearly relatively cheap and I don't think you want to entertain the idea that sometimes the more expensive option is objectively better.

Posted (edited)

Dude since dataming is out everyone knows muskans have less dr then any other boots in the game! Muskans are only worth it when your aiming for an evasion build and we all know evasion is a all or nothing choice to make it viable.

So go for evasion and take muskans or go for dr and take heve as witchard cause ur maxing out both HP and DR

Oh and y ofc its way cheaper on top of it

Oh btw centaur belt is outdated for this build because its a pure evasion item that only make sense in a evasion based gear set up

For a dr build u should go for a weapon core or a pure ap belt now

Edited by Eiwei