• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ask Me Stuff, I probably know.

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Im level 58, 57, 56, 56, 56 on a variety of classes.  if you are new to the game, I can answer a lot of questions.  Im in an upper tier guild, I have above average kit, I have above average energy/contributionp, I am at least artisan in most like skills (not all but I have experience with all) and I have a lot of time to kill.  That is probably my greatest asset, time.  I have all the time in the world.  Because of the demands that sheer boredom imparts upon me, Ill gladly answer questions here or in game (same name).

Ive been gaming for over 10 years, mostly Korean MMOs, starting in KalOnline, Hercott, Silkroad Online etc and moving on through to this one so this grind fest is one I am intimately familiar with.  I can probably give you honest, non bitter answers to your honest, non bitter questions.

I live PAC time zone and my guild is active in node/siege so please keep that in mind when asking me in game.  I also never, ever log out until inspection so if I dont answer, i might actually be sleeping, rare as that is.

Helpful Resources:

http://dulfy.net/category/bdo/

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/

http://bddatabase.net/us/

http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/

Edited by nightbloom
1 person likes this

Posted

Hey, I want to make a Maehwa, however I am afraid of playing it and getting to end game because I am unsure if I will still be using the Default Weapon Style vs the Awakening ie ( Sword and Spear ). The class seemed extremely appealing to me until I saw the Awakening set and I would want to play it more in its Basic Style then the Awakening but I would not want to gimp myself either, could you give me an idea of what to expect out of the class at high end and if staying with the Basic style will be a viable option. Thanks

2 people like this

Posted

I would like to know how to deal with all the quests as a low lvl?

Should I just do the black spirit ones and the inventory expansion? Are the other quests worth it at all? 

As a new player I am a bit overwhelmed by everything that can be done in the game and I don't know when to do what...so any other advice (life skills, crafting, training) is more than welcome.

1 person likes this

Posted

Should I just do the black spirit ones and the inventory expansion? Are the other quests worth it at all? 

As a new player I am a bit overwhelmed by everything that can be done in the game and I don't know when to do what...so any other advice (life skills, crafting, training) is more than welcome.

I too am a newbie to the game but not MMOs. Been gaming for over 15 years and I am still overwhelmed by the sheer number of things to do in this game. I am currently level 29 with AP 70 and DP 79. I have been questing around Heidel. Is there a specific place I should be farming for drops/silver? I am looking to make silver so that I can buy better enchanted weapons and armor. What lifeskills should I be focusing on leveling? Also, should I be investing in every explorer node around Heidel or how does that work? What materials should I be having my workers focus on so that I make the most silver off of the materials? Are there certain materials that sell for more than others (i.e. chicken as opposed to mushrooms, or plants). Lastly, what pearl shop items, if any, do you think are a must to have to make the game easier (i.e. pets, storage space etc).

Thanks in advance for the response!

1 person likes this

Posted

Im level 58, 57, 56, 56, 56 on a variety of classes.  if you are new to the game, I can answer a lot of questions.  Im in an upper tier guild, I have above average kit, I have above average energy/contribution, I am at least artisan in most like skills (not all but I have experience with all) and I have a lot of time to kill.  That is probably my greatest asset, time.  I have all the time in the world.  Because of the demands that sheer boredom imparts upon me, Ill gladly answer questions here or in game (same name).

Ive been gaming for over 10 years, mostly Korean MMOs, starting in KalOnline, Hercott, Silkroad Online etc and moving on through to this one so this grind fest is one I am intimately familiar with.  I can probably give you honest, non bitter answers to your honest, non bitter questions.

I live PAC time zone and my guild is active in node/siege so please keep that in mind when asking me in game.  I also never, ever log out until inspection so if I dont answer, i might actually be sleeping, rare as that is.

Who killed JFK

1 person likes this

Posted

Are the dark stones (for weapon and armor) important in the later game? I have collected them through the quests but im not exactly sure when to use them and how i should be using them

1 person likes this

Posted

Are the dark stones (for weapon and armor) important in the later game? I have collected them through the quests but im not exactly sure when to use them and how i should be using them

They are what you use to plus your gear.  Don't make the mistake a friend of mine did and use them on the first dropped weapons you get.  You can either sell them on the market and use the money to buy a better weapon or hang on them as you've done until you get a good weapon/armor you want to enchant.  It's really up to the style of play you like.

Posted

The black spirit quests give you a lot of things, especially contribution and skill points.  Do what youc an, when you can.  You dont have to do them at all if you dont want to.

Who killed JFK

Lee Harvey Oswald.

Posted

The black spirit quests give you a lot of things, especially contribution and skill points.  Do what youc an, when you can.  You dont have to do them at all if you dont want to.

You don't...but if you don't at least do the first series up to just before Heidel, you don't get the ability to enchant from the Black Spirit.

Also, how many quests you do really depends on what kind of playstyle you have.  If you like questing..do it.  Just remember you don't get XP from quests, rather you get Contribution points, which are important if you are going to invest in nodes, buy houses, etc.  Also during quests you talk to people which can gain you knowledge which gives you Energy which is used for the Night Vendor, gathering, etc.

Now you can just push your way to Awakening, but you might find your character lacking in some important areas.

Posted

I too am a newbie to the game but not MMOs. Been gaming for over 15 years and I am still overwhelmed by the sheer number of things to do in this game. I am currently level 29 with AP 70 and DP 79. I have been questing around Heidel. Is there a specific place I should be farming for drops/silver? I am looking to make silver so that I can buy better enchanted weapons and armor. What lifeskills should I be focusing on leveling? Also, should I be investing in every explorer node around Heidel or how does that work? What materials should I be having my workers focus on so that I make the most silver off of the materials? Are there certain materials that sell for more than others (i.e. chicken as opposed to mushrooms, or plants). Lastly, what pearl shop items, if any, do you think are a must to have to make the game easier (i.e. pets, storage space etc).

Thanks in advance for the response!

The map has little images on it that show you where you should be, roughly.  There is no definitive path though, do whatever.  No, you do not need to invest in nodes, only do that when you will be at the same place for a long time and generally, level 6 is adequate.  When you are 56+, you tend to level in the same area for a while and investing increases your drops.  The three most commonly used life skills of those I know in game are Fishing, Training and Trading.  I think people only cook to turn in the by products for contribution, same with Alchemy.  Beer and reagents are the most crafted of those two.  As for nodes, none of them are very profitable except the Excavations unless you want to go the Trading route and then you gotta build crates so you need trees.  (just google that, there are a TON of explanations.)  Pearl shop items.  Maids are the only essential things, costumes, pets etc. are all obtainable through the market.  If you want life skill outfits, you gotta buy those and some are worth it if you get into life skills like the Fish suit/Training suit/Processing suit, etc.

Hey, I want to make a Maehwa, however I am afraid of playing it and getting to end game because I am unsure if I will still be using the Default Weapon Style vs the Awakening ie ( Sword and Spear ). The class seemed extremely appealing to me until I saw the Awakening set and I would want to play it more in its Basic Style then the Awakening but I would not want to gimp myself either, could you give me an idea of what to expect out of the class at high end and if staying with the Basic style will be a viable option. Thanks

Unless you are an RPer, you are gonna use the awakening.  SOme I have played to awakening and not cared for the gameplay style, so I stopped playing them.  I wouldnt worry about it too much, nothing rides on you playing a certain char.  Play it out, see if you like it and if you do, keep going.  I will say that the awakening is usually much, much stronger than non awakening.

Keep collecting them.  End game enhancing requires a lot of stones through failstacking (https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/50qum4/guide_gear_upgrading_failstacking/) but until you start acquiring end game gear, they arent that useful.  Ive burned through stacks of 500 at a time when enhancing gear.

Posted

Maids are the only essential things,

What do maids do and why are they essential? I bought several pets thinking they were essential but in hindsight I probably should have done more research. Just to be clear, what would you consider "must haves" from the pearl store? Is it worth it to purchase the 16 slot inventory expansion from pearl store?

1 person likes this

Posted

What do maids do and why are they essential? I bought several pets thinking they were essential but in hindsight I probably should have done more research. Just to be clear, what would you consider "must haves" from the pearl store? Is it worth it to purchase the 16 slot inventory expansion from pearl store?

Maids have different functions, like remote storage (with weight and region limit, I think. Also, 20 min cd). Not that useful in my opinion, I think that you invested wisely in pets, as their functions, buffs, and looting much faster is considered to be better (for endless grind for leveling :P):

About the storage... I wouldn't recommend you. Even if you had maximun inventory, you still would be limited by weight more than by inventory size, I don't think you need that 16 slots. If you wnat to have a greater inventory, weight is a better option. But don't worry about that yet, you can buy expansion with loyalties after some daily logins.

Posted

Maids make it easier to buy things or take things in and out of storage when you arent in town.  You can only get them from the Pearl Shop.  Almost everything else can be bought from the market, pets, costumes, etc.  I wouldnt buy the expansions.  Slots arent usually the issue, weight is, so if you really want to buy something like that then get weight increase.

Posted

Nightbloom, Axvalor and I should do a series, since we come at this from very different perspectives...

It really depends on your playstyle.  If you do more lifeskills, inventory is really important so you won't waste your money f you buy inventory, but as mentioned, weight is often the real limiting factor.  I personally found pets to be vital.  Not having to pick up loot while killing makes a huge difference, especially in areas where mob density is high.  You end up killing non-stop and if you don't have pets, you miss loot.

Maids are much more important to the grinding crew than they are to me.  I use them occasionally and they are really helpful, but I don't have a ton of them.

So again, it comes down to how you play and what you enjoy.

Posted

Nightbloom, Axvalor and I should do a series, since we come at this from very different perspectives...

Fair enough, Im more PVP/Grind with low effort income.  Im not able to PVP that much these days due to illness but the knowledge is still there.  

Also, pets are absolutely vital but you can get them from market, so I wouldnt include them in a list of pearl shop necessary items.

Posted

Take note that most, if not all, cash shop items are for convenience and saves time, which can translate to more silver over time.

For grinding: Inventory and weights are not necessary unless you want to grind mobs for longer sessions with less interruption (having to deposit bank). Inventory allows you to carry more drops/items (e.g. potions, equipment, scrolls, etc.). Equipment generally weighs a lot so weight increase helps a bit. Branding items doubles your items' durability and essentially allows you to grind 2 times longer AND the travel time to repair and cost to repair are reduced (this is a must if you intend to grind grind grind for monies). As for pets, depending on the tier, it may help you pick up items quicker. At T1/T2, the pick-up times aren't significant and you'll still be spamming R. Higher tier pets are difficult to get but it makes grinding a breeze in comparison.

For life skills: Inventory is most useful for fishing (including afk fishing overnight) and farming since each fish/seed takes up one inventory slot. Weight increase greatly helps cooking, alchemy, processing, and trading as it allows you to hold higher stacks of materials/items. The cooking and processing outfits from the cash shop are self-explanatory.

Less time to process = efficiency = more money over time.

Maids aren't that important in general but can be useful for grinding and pvp depending on the situation. Grinding at pirates requires you to travel by boat from mainland to a distant island, so the storage maid may aid you in depositing and obtaining items from a nearby storage. In pvp, potions and buffs (foods/elixirs) are essential, and at times, whether grinding or GvG, you might exhaust these resources quickly; that's where the storage maid comes to the rescue. Transaction maids are meh compared to storage maids (just switch to an alt, unless you need an item unobtainable by a nearby storage).

Value Pack provides a multitude of benefits including inventory slots, storage slots, weight increase, exp increase, and allows you to adjust your character and dye your costumes/equipment without limit.

Currently, value packs, combat costumes, pets, and horse mount skins are purchasable from the in-game marketplace (just know that when you are purchasing items with high demand you are competing with thousands of players).

tldr; if you enjoy the game and you'd like to support the game, spending monies on the cash shop will help you immensely depending on your goals. Are you a grinder? PVPer? lifeskiller? or do you want to experience everything this game has to offer? (read above for more details).

1 person likes this

Posted

There are more people repeating everyone else's answers than people asking questions and most of the answers are essentially identical.  Unless you are bringing something radically different, lets keep it simple and move on to unanswered questions or questions you have a unique insight on that hasnt been previously stated.

Posted

when in a party, what's the max level gap difference before one doesn't receive the shared exp anymore?

and if i had a quest that required me to kill mobs, would the kill count still count if that party member helped me despite them not having the quest?

1 person likes this

Posted

when in a party, what's the max level gap difference before one doesn't receive the shared exp anymore?

and if i had a quest that required me to kill mobs, would the kill count still count if that party member helped me despite them not having the quest?

The spread isnt between you and the other player, its between the player and the mob.  Once the mob is purple to the lower level guy, his XP drops.  The further his level from the mob, the more XP he loses until he gets only skill XP.  Now this isnt as bad as it sounds as you can help a lower level friend farm skill XP this way.

As for quests, no you are on your own.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0