• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Tamer] gets 30% more magic damage

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Tamer gets 30% more damge from magic attack. This is known for a long time.

@Geobryn made a new awesome test to proof it.

Edit: more data

DMG.thumb.png.562494ebf0e107bf3f8b4486ed

20.01.thumb.png.026ec3a8644df35a1c497202

Edited by Keldorn
5 people like this

Posted

maybe that is an intended behaviour as normally i deem tamer fine, even if they kill me most of the time, but i don't have magic ... they should increase received melee dmg as well ....  xD

Posted (edited)

maybe that is an intended behaviour as normally i deem tamer fine, even if they kill me most of the time, but i don't have magic ... they should increase received melee dmg as well ....  xD

git gud. we're squishy as hell already.

if taking 30% more damage from magic attack is intended for tamers, an official statment about that would be nice. as long as we don't get that, we'll consider it a bug

Edited by Yuleiva

Posted

git gud. we're squishy as hell already.

if taking 30% more damage from magic attack is intended for tamers, an official statment about that would be nice. as long as we don't get that, we'll consider it a bug

I'm sorry you want kakao to make a definite statement about back end game mechanics?  You're joking right?

Posted

I'm sorry you want kakao to make a definite statement about back end game mechanics?  You're joking right?

well no. actually i want them to fix it, because there is no good reason for tamers being the only class to get more mage damage^^

Posted

well no. actually i want them to fix it, because there is no good reason for tamers being the only class to get more mage damage^^

Except that they might not actually be getting higher damage. If their skills and whatever else actually have a lower damage output, the buff would make sense in order to make her equal. That might be why, and im nowhere close to pvping so dont tell me i just want my class to be stronger; thats not the case :P I don't believe this could be unintended so there has to be some reason like that

Posted

Except that they might not actually be getting higher damage. If their skills and whatever else actually have a lower damage output, the buff would make sense in order to make her equal. That might be why, and im nowhere close to pvping so dont tell me i just want my class to be stronger; thats not the case :P I don't believe this could be unintended so there has to be some reason like that

i don't get this. how does lower damage output on tamer make up for them getting more damage from mages? mage can one-shot tamer, tamer cannot one-shot mage. so your point doesn't make sense if i got it right

Posted

I think it could be usefull to try this with more classes, because it could be the opposite, that some classes are taking less dmg from magic. It shouldn't be hard to get a lv 58-60 from each class for some short tests.

Posted

i don't get this. how does lower damage output on tamer make up for them getting more damage from mages? mage can one-shot tamer, tamer cannot one-shot mage. so your point doesn't make sense if i got it right

Thanks for clarifying, im new to the game. I misunderstood what this was all about I thought her magic skills (I assumed she had some) were stronger. Thats odd, but then again there has to be a reason. As Zubi said someone should test things out ^-^

1 person likes this

Posted

I am pretty sure, that Rangers witches and every other "squishy class " will take more dmg than an berserker. There are hidden dp/ap/health stats per lvl and the classes are getting different stats per lvl. That is just my theory. No proof, but it would explain your tests.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am pretty sure, that Rangers witches and every other "squishy class " will take more dmg than an berserker. There are hidden dp/ap/health stats per lvl and the classes are getting different stats per lvl. That is just my theory. No proof, but it would explain your tests.

This bug is known for a long time. Many ppl tested it with other classes and it leads to the same result. This is a Tamer specific bug as far as we know.

Posted

This bug is known for a long time. Many ppl tested it with other classes and it leads to the same result. This is a Tamer specific bug as far as we know.

can u show the tests with other classes why did he pick berserker and not ranger or sorc?

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd like to see tests against a range of characters for sure.

Hidden stats are a cancer

Posted

I'd like to see tests against a range of characters for sure.

Hidden stats are a cancer

@Geobryn can you do this? pllleeeeaassseee! :)

Posted

you just took the most tanky class and compar with the less one.... no comment 

Posted

srsly you compare Tamer vs Giant a Tank class WTH.
do a test vs ranger or sorc, ninja and let us know.

Posted

We have no guarentees that Zerker has a hidden DP buff. That's why hidden stats are cancer. you can't blame classes for feelign aggrieved when something behaves unexpectedly and we have no numbers to measure it up and weight it against,

Posted

you just took the most tanky class and compar with the less one.... no comment 

Dosn't matter. 0 DP is 0 DP. HP lose is reported directly, HP difference is normalized (and this is the most tanky staff from zerker) this way. No hit is missed.

Under this test conditions Tamer=Zerker. You can clearly see Witch and Tamer take the same damge from "none magic attacks".

Posted

yea i main tamer and hate fighting witch/wiz for this... 
but would like to  see the dmg table for all classes too though

Posted (edited)

as i 

Dosn't matter. 0 DP is 0 DP. HP lose is reported directly, HP difference is normalized (and this is the most tanky staff from zerker) this way. No hit is missed.

Under this test conditions Tamer=Zerker. You can clearly see Witch and Tamer take the same damge from "none magic attacks".

as a warrior i have passive DP skill, oh god without my gear i'm a 0 dp but i have passive that give me a lot of dp....

2017-01-16_3357048.JPG

All of this to say all classe are not the same, if it was the case it would be my first mmorpg where every base stat on eatch class are the same

Edited by Sethox

Posted

as i 

as a warrior i have passive DP skill, oh god without my gear i'm a 0 dp but i have passive that give me a lot of dp....

2017-01-16_3357048.JPG

All of this to say all classe are not the same, if it was the case it would be my first mmorpg where every base stat on eatch class are the same

Yeah, but if classes do have different base stats without a passive skill this should be documented somewhere, no?

Posted (edited)

who said here 0 dp is 0 dp? Even without passives - it isnt so.

This is the tamer thingy from when u just create it latest?cb=20160616195412

Clearly has lowest possible def, which gives u a hint about this class's hidden def stat, while witch has it higher, and zerker has it highest of all classes.

Redo comparison with kunoichi\ninja or ranger and no passives - only these classes have defense curve same low as tamer.

(and no these curves are not about skill sets, else there wouldnt be a control option, and they are not only about stats for the same reason. 

these just give u a hint on what class is relaying in combat and clearly kuno\ninja, ranger and tamer will always receive more dmg than other classes)

Wait wut

I digged google on whether dagger stab is a magic or melee attack and everywhere it states as a melee alongside with staff attack, despite description like "Takes magical power in the dagger to attack the enemy"

D: im confused for life

Edited by Nanimonai

Posted

Just so people don't get confused, this bug has nothing to do with magic dmg this only happens with wizard/witch, not with other magic dmg classes (we don't take more dmg from sorcs and other tamers).

Also all tamer/sorc/wizard/witch skills are supposed to be full magic dmg, doesn't matter if they look like physical or not, dmg type seems to only be relative to class. For example ranger sword skills most likely do ranged dmg even tho they are melee.

This is the tamer thingy from when u just create it 

Clearly has lowest possible def, which gives u a hint about this class's hidden def stat, while witch has it higher, and zerker has it highest of all classes.

Redo comparison with kunoichi\ninja or ranger and no passives - only these classes have defense curve same low as tamer.

(and no these curves are not about skill sets, else there wouldnt be a control option, and they are not only about stats for the same reason. 

these just give u a hint on what class is relaying in combat and clearly kuno\ninja, ranger and tamer will always receive more dmg than other classes)

Those are about the actual skill set of the class, not stats (control is in there because they mean the amount of cc you can do with skills ie stuns, stiffness, knockdowns). So the defense curve is about the amount of skills you get with blocks/superarmor/defensive stuff (remember that those were made before awakening and tamer had indeed close to no defense ability back then). Tamer is not supposed to take more dmg than other classes.

2 people like this

Posted

18.01.thumb.png.d33a790ee2ba2c119aa06dfd

Posted

you said anything about giant being tank class and ranger squishy ? well, you could not be more wrong xD

by design giant tanks with hp not dmg reduction imo...

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ar4wd1LhWg2ohKhbGBYw72qvGxKe_w