• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Resistances vs Evasion build

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, weighing up whether to build my wizard as more of a glass cannon/ resistance based build or carry a rosar and spec into more of an evasion build. Interested to hear what you guys think! 

Posted

both?

Posted

You'll have to have both as different situations will call for different setups, either a rosar/parrying dagger in your bag will be useful and its always nice to have a rocaba helm/gloves to switch out if you're getting focused on.

Remember that with the awakening, you can pop Magical Shield + Earth Shield buffs to get a big boost in resistances too, and it doesn't require gearing a lot of crystals towards them now.

Posted

im finding it hard to see any real difference in resistances, i get kd'ed all the time regardless of 60% resist.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's why evasion is a lot better for reliability, but resistances will occasionally work - every CC you avoid is important!

Posted

both?

^

Posted (edited)

That's why evasion is a lot better for reliability, but resistances will occasionally work - every CC you avoid is important!

the thing is tho, we cannot rely our playstyle around potentially RNG avoiding a CC (not saying u are saying this) and when u do get CCed (which is basically all the time) u get killed in that CC granted u are figthing a decent AP geared opponent and u have decent gear yourself. Personally I prefer rocking 2x black spirit swiftness "QoL" than using 2 rbf adamantine that u pretty much dont notice any difference with or without. That's just me though, and surely there are no true answers to this.

Edited by Nacario
1 person likes this

Posted

I also run 2 x Special Attack Evasion in my chest piece compared to Cobelinus which I've noticed increased my defense substatinally, but you are right that you should never rely on the RNG of Resistances in this game - my only point was if you have free resistance buffs, then try to keep them up as even a slight RNG procc can save you.

I've been considering switching up my boot gems from Knockdown to either Swiftness or BMC/RBF - Hystria.

Posted

hystria the way to go for sure. made the switch love it with the extra stam too. 

Posted

Is losing that 10-20 ap worth switching to the rosar/parrying dagger though?

Posted

im finding it hard to see any real difference in resistances, i get kd'ed all the time regardless of 60% resist.

You are supposed to have 100% CC resist so that when they use items that reduce CC resist you maintain 60%.

Posted

You are supposed to have 100% CC resist so that when they use items that reduce CC resist you maintain 60%.

source? tests?

Posted

Remember that with the awakening, you can pop Magical Shield + Earth Shield buffs to get a big boost in resistances too, and it doesn't require gearing a lot of crystals towards them now.

That'd be impressive as a Wizard. :P

Even at 60% resist, 40% chance x the tons of hits every skill has = essentially guaranteed CC anyway. That's why Super Armor and Frontal Guard and I-Frames are so important.

Posted

all defense is important, you cant rely on just one layer.

thats why having 100% cc resist is good. not using rbf adamantium in the shoes is a dumb move as you are making yourself weaker vs knockdowns.

ideally you want full resists, evasion and dmg reduction. movement speed is a luxury that doesnt really do shit.

source? tests?

I thought this was common knowledge. I dont have any tests cause I know this from my own experience (I have 100% stun, knockdown and grapple when I pvp) Only players that can grapple me consistently are zerk and warrior. Tamer and Ninja/Kuno just complain when they duel me cause they cant ever grapple me.

Posted

thats why having 100% cc resist is good. not using rbf adamantium in the shoes is a dumb move as you are making yourself weaker vs knockdowns.

ideally you want full resists, evasion and dmg reduction. movement speed is a luxury that doesnt really do shit.

I thought this was common knowledge. I dont have any tests cause I know this from my own experience (I have 100% stun, knockdown and grapple when I pvp) Only players that can grapple me consistently are zerk and warrior. Tamer and Ninja/Kuno just complain when they duel me cause they cant ever grapple me.

according to that with 100% grapple res, you should have still 40% res in pvp against an opponent who has 60% grapple ignore ... so how come exactly those 2 classes who can even reach those 60% ignore can grapple you consistently then?

Posted

I would love to see your setup, to see what you sacrifice to get 100/100/100/100 resists.

Posted

I would love to see your setup, to see what you sacrifice to get 100/100/100/100 resists.

On top of a bunch of Eva and DR. :P

Posted

I dont get 100 floating resist.

only grapple, stun and knockdown. 

gems and ruby necklace.. its real simple. i play witch 

evasion from offhand... dmg resist from tet armor... what am i sacrificing? ap pretty much.

according to that with 100% grapple res, you should have still 40% res in pvp against an opponent who has 60% grapple ignore ... so how come exactly those 2 classes who can even reach those 60% ignore can grapple you consistently then?

because 40% isnt much? dont ask me, ask the devs why.

ninja/kuno/tamer/ranger/valk and wiz cant grapple me consistently, and if they miss 1-2 grapples its gg pretty much.

Even at 60% resist, 40% chance x the tons of hits every skill has = essentially guaranteed CC anyway. That's why Super Armor and Frontal Guard and I-Frames are so important.

thats why evasion is important, if you are able to evade a portion of a multi hit attack you are indirectly resisting the cc since the hits need to land on you to cc you. then you have 60% resist that helps vs the other portion of the full attack... then you have the blocks and super armor as more layers of defense that players need to get past.

Alot of people are saying the witch block is bad but I like it because of this.

Posted (edited)

unknown.png

It does work going over 60% in order to counter resists.  It's nice not being grappled by warriors and giants every single time.

Edited by Parae

Posted

unknown.png

It does work going over 60% in order to counter resists.  It's nice not being grappled by warriors and giants every single time.

hover over them with your mouse and read the tooltip...

because 40% isnt much? dont ask me, ask the devs why.

you said before, that wars and zerkers can grapple you consistently (that means close to 100% if i understand you right). Those two classes have 60% grapple res ignore with kutum + 2x accuracy mainhand gem, which means they still have to pass your 40% leftover grapple res, which isn't "not much", thats quiet a lot. That would mean that even when leaving accuracy + evasion out of the calculation, you should still be able to resist almost every second grapple from them, and with high evasion even a bit more.

UNLESS: since 60% is the cap that works in pvp, your resists above 60% also get ignored when calculating your actual resist% after the opponents resist ignore (and honestly if this wasn't the case, that would be a ridiculously useless and bad gamedesign). That would then mean wars & zerkers actually ignore your FULL grapple res, and would be able to grab you consistently, as you mentioned already, while other classes (which usually only get up to ~30% ignore) dont.

Posted (edited)

so lets go stack Evasion right ? And Special attack evasion +10% (x2) = it is rly good ? How much evasion you have ... if 20 then 20% is 4. If 30 with buffs, then 20% is 6. 

So you need stack some Evasion before you can use effectively gem Special attack evasion +10% right ? Or you believe that it is always better than 200hp?

Evasion gear (wizard / witch)

TRI gear

Rosar dagger
Muskan
Armor +5 (x2)
Roccaba helm
Roccaba gloves
Protection alch. stone +6

how much evasion is that , or how is it calculated?

Edited by Luka_

Posted

UNLESS: since 60% is the cap that works in pvp, your resists above 60% also get ignored when calculating your actual resist% after the opponents resist ignore (and honestly if this wasn't the case, that would be a ridiculously useless and bad gamedesign). That would then mean wars & zerkers actually ignore your FULL grapple res, and would be able to grab you consistently, as you mentioned already, while other classes (which usually only get up to ~30% ignore) dont.

Thats what i think is the case!

Posted

i always go for damage reduction because it is the least countered "dp" in any situation. if you put 2 +5 damage reduc in your chest you will feel. a. HUGE. difference.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0