• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is BDO P2W?

326 posts in this topic

Posted

Is BDO Pay to Win ? i mean if you spent time playing it you can't beat someone who is paying for the armors/weapons bla bla? 

Posted (edited)

P2W in BDO (not really p2w IMO) is paying for costumes and selling them on the marketplace. You are limited to 5 costumes per week and they sell for 20-24M each. You can also use Artisan's Memories which basically make regaining duribility on a rare armor/weapon piece a lot cheaper. Costumes cost $30 or 30 euros, which imo is a lot. So people basically pay $150 every week just to make 100-120M, which you can easily make by grinding and using the node/worker system.

I never do it and I'm getting by just fine, its more for the lazy people/casuals who don't/can't invest their time into the game. 

Edited by Zodiac
10 people like this

Posted

but can you be competitive if you don't spend a lot money in PvP?

Posted (edited)

You can be competitive if you actively play the game, just don't expect to be competitive in like 2 days. Its gonna take a bit of time and work

Edited by Zodiac

Posted (edited)

Except for pets, No. In EU 34€ for a set that nets you 25 million is imo not pay to win. If sets where worth a whole lot more like 75 million or more like in Korea then definitely. But the value from 34€ is to low to actually get decent gear from it. Unless you spend hundreds of €'s the value is to little to be actually pay to win. 

Pets however are arguably pay to win. They save you so much time... I bought the game and got a free penguin from daily log in bonuses. and even 2 pets already feels gg. For 20 € or if lucky 12 million you can have 4 pets T1. The value from 2 pets in the long run is so valuable I'd say it might be considered pay to win.

Other then that the bonuses on outfits are good. But not pay to win imo. There just good to have.

Except for pets I'd say it's pay to convenience. This is ofc my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. 

Edited by remymaes
2 people like this

Posted

Beware of one outfit though the treant suit can feel abit P2W as it hides your name from other players

2 people like this

Posted

no its not p2w.  a good thing that keep players here.

Posted

I wouldn't say it's P2W. You can be TOP player and never spend a single EUR. Money however can buy you convenience which is mostly used by people with day-time jobs (like me) - Pets that pick up loot, Some weight increases so you can carry more stuff, Value Pack that gives you some extra bank space (which can however be also purchased off market for silver) etc. Selling costumes as mentioned above is only worth it if you're brand new, then 20 mil per ~50 EUR becomes ridiculously overpriced as you can gain much more in-game in reasonable time span.

Posted

P2W in BDO is paying for costumes and selling them on the marketplace. You are limited to 5 costumes per week and they sell for 20-24M each. You can also use Artisan's memories which basically makes regaining duribility on a rare armor/weapon piece a lot cheaper. Costumes cost $30 or 30 euros, which imo is a lot. So people basically pay $150 every week just to make 100-120M. Which you can easily make by grinding and using the node/worker system.

I never do it and I'm getting by just fine, its more for the lazy people/casuals who don't/can't invest their time into the game. 

Yeah but those who spend the money can also grind and end up with double of what you got.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah but those who spend the money can also grind and end up with double of what you got.

True, but most of the people buying and selling costumes are people with jobs that can afford to dump $150 a week into the game, most of the time that means they don't have the time that other players do to grind. Sure there are players who grind and pay for costumes, but I think there's only a small percentage of people who actually do that. I never sell costumes and I have full TRI boss (except for my hebe), TRI Liverto, TRI Dandy and TRI Nouver. I don't grind a lot, but I spend my resources wisely and I rely heavily on my workers.

Edited by Zodiac

Posted

Beware of one outfit though the treant suit can feel abit P2W as it hides your name from other players

I heard you can still see players on your minimap. Perhaps that helps. But again who watches their minimap 24/7. I don't play pvp, yet it wouldn't stop me from buying it, just because the desert one looks better then most Valkyrie costumes. Other then that I agree that this can feel pay to win in pvp. Perhaps even more for ninjas that can stealth after it again. 

Posted (edited)

Life is p2w. But paying some chinese boy less money is gonna profit u more than bdo p2w:)

The main point is that after full tet there isnt really a big gap.anybody gets there eventually without spending $$$ on the p2w aspec(only one and its artisans, costumes is not p2w its a nice way for me to collect costumes:D). 

And hell yes you don´t need to be unemployed but you have to get passive income flowing and lifeskill and be, like real life, consistent. 100boxes a day is 150m a week for maybe 1h of afk cooking a day. Buy cooking costume and it is less, that´s p2convenience but not win(=doing nothing for silver).

True, but most of the people buying and selling costumes are people with jobs that can afford to dump $150 a week into the game, most of the time that means they don't have the time that other players do to grind. Sure there are players who grind and pay for costumes, but I think there's only a small percentage of people who actually do that. I never sell costumes and I have full TRI boss (except for my hebe), TRI Liverto, TRI Dandy and TRI Nouver. I don't grind a lot, but I spend my resources wisely and I rely heavily on my workers.

If they dump 150$in the game for costumes i feel really hard for their emplyers because he is overpaying limited people. If they spend 150$on artisan fine good for them but selling costumes...i dunno who they are but i am glad there is stupid ppl:)

I fully agree on the workers,

Edited by iloveKuchen
1 person likes this

Posted

It is not Pay2Win, but this game requirest tons of your time.
Also, there's lot of people who complain about being P2W because they can't get as much silver as those that sell cash stuff in the marketplace but...honesty, that's just greed. If someone gets stuff faster or slower is a matter of time, P2W would be if you couldn't get the stuff that cash players can, or if you wouldn't be able to kill a cash player because he/she has cash items that you can't obtain in-game. Outfits are not expensive in the market, same goes to pets.

Posted

Is BDO Pay to Win ? i mean if you spent time playing it you can't beat someone who is paying for the armors/weapons bla bla? 

Don't listen tho the community bickering back and forth.

To answer your specific question, NO, the game is not P2W, you can have the same gear/stats that someone who spent $1,000 has, it will just take you longer to get there.

3 people like this

Posted

BDO went P2W last august. though I would say its shop is still in its beginning stages.. they will eventually sell P2W lockboxes + keys, scrolls to automatically +15 weapons and armor with 100% success, bait to greatly decrease fishing time, and all sorts of other junk to reduce playtime

1 person likes this

Posted

For the love of all that is holy!

Can we please start banning people for making threads like this without the teeniest effort at searching?!?!!

5 people like this

Posted

Don't listen tho the community bickering back and forth.

To answer your specific question, NO, the game is not P2W, you can have the same gear/stats that someone who spent $1,000 has, it will just take you longer to get there.

This

Posted (edited)

I disagree, I played only a  month and now sitting at level 55 with 125AP/195DP.

The buff from outfit/costumes are miniscule.

If you want to see Pure Pay to Win, go play Allods.

Hell, Blade & Soul cant be compared to Black Desert if you're talking about Pay to Win.

9Qypqxg.png

Edited by Cyproxine

Posted

It's depending on what P2W is for you?
In my opinion BDO is not a P2W. The stuff you can buy for real money is mostly things that do your playing easier, or fun. I like BDO and I want support it, then I buy pearls to do that.

Compare with WoW. How many say the WoW is P2W? WoW is B2P (Buy to Play) and even the expansion do it 2xB2P. Then you have F2P (Fee to play), the monthly fee to play. Then you have that you can buy Gold for real money (instruction about it is in Auction House, around 10Euro for 72K Gold), that can be used to buy (bind when wear) Mythic gear, and even a spot in guild run's Mythic raids (maybe you get BIS gear). For real money you can buy stuff to your character like mounts, pets etc.

In my opinion the WoW is more P2W than BDO.

We know many slackers complain about BDO. But why? They have buy the game and then they don't want invest any more money in the game, they want have it free. But they want have all new stuff, without pay anything. That is mostly this group of slackers who whine and complain mostly. They want have their lead and advantage from their slacking life of playing mostly of their wake up time. This slackers do not adds nothing to the game's development, and we should not miss them either. 

Posted

I have played several p2w games, and compared to those, this game is not p2w in the slightest. Those who think it is have likely never played a p2w game.

Now it could change when the game goes f2p like they all do.. so enjoy it while you can. Not spending money just means you need to take a little more time for some things, but you can still get everything somebody spending money can. If you're a casual, this game is great because you can play it at your own pace instead of wearing yourself out. There is a lot you can do.

1 person likes this

Posted

yea...but you can craft a item which show you the name and you have a good look at the minimap...so I wouldn't say that the camou. suits are a bit p2w..

Posted

Buy any part of boss set, up to tri or more using Artisan's Memories, sell on ah, sell costiumes on ah, take Value pack bonuses, now u can buy what u want.

And ofc it's not P2W.... ye right.

I had a friend in another game, he spend 2k euro every month in game plaing all the time. For some ppl there is not much coast to buy and sell items.

YES it's P2W

Posted

BDO is clearly, in my opinion, not p2w it's pay for convenience. 

Posted (edited)

Buy any part of boss set, up to tri or more using Artisan's Memories, sell on ah, sell costiumes on ah, take Value pack bonuses, now u can buy what u want.

And ofc it's not P2W.... ye right.

I had a friend in another game, he spend 2k euro every month in game plaing all the time. For some ppl there is not much coast to buy and sell items.

YES it's P2W

Did you forget the part where Artisan's Memory is available in the Loyalties shop, which costs no spending of $ whatsoever? Your friend got screwed because he was impatient. Simply put. You are not forced to spend any money on this game. Please learn the difference between "pay to win" and "pay for convenience".

Edited by PandoraRose
1 person likes this

Posted

It is P2W but in acceptable way in my opinion. In other MMOs i played it was waaaay worse.