• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Help from rerolling again

Ninja worth staying?   50 votes

1. 1. Worth staying at it's current state?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • ----- it

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have been a ninja for just a week since level 1 and went to 58 within that week. Got to 191 awakening ap but my zarka is stuck at 12... My offhand is a AP kunai from my kuno that I never bothered getting a shurken so kept that on hand.

Needs some help with gear and combos probably because I feel so weak at 58 with all my awakening skills on people that are lower gear than me and 56.. excluding witches and wiz because they are bullshit right now and need dmg nerfs >,>

I can update info on this post as I go along with what's told. Thanks to whoever responds ~Nya

Edited by Virukin

Posted

Well you got me beat I wish I had 191 awakening AP within a week :P. 

Posted

I cannot really be arsed to tell you all the damage combos and all that, but I can tell you that ninja is definitely not weak. Get a shuriken. Unless you 1shot people, it will be a part of your combo to use Malice, which needs a shuriken. I can't really say if it's weaker or stronger than Kuno, since I've seen so few, but get used to more mobility, more burst and less stun-chaining in comparison. Those are the things I think ninja have compared to Kuno.  Kuno also has more super armors and frontal blocks on their "main" skills, so you'll suffer more from mistakes as a ninja.

Posted

Did you play as another class?

How the ----- did you do this?

Posted

Did you play as another class?

How the ----- did you do this?

Since pre launch NA till now I have 7 level 57's close to 58 and now this ninja 58. Most of other classes little lower gear at Duo.

Started as a valk when game launched to NA

Posted

play what u enjoy

Posted (edited)

Coming from main 60 war, I can understand that ninja can feel weak at times compared to other classes, but rest assured ninja is well worth playing for me just for the sheer fun and satisfaction it offers with its playstyle, even at it's current state. I just love the feeling of pulling out complicated combos on people to death - something that most classes don't offer. You have to accept it takes a hell lot of time and patience to play this class, and probably decent gear too. You can't expect 1 week of playing to put you on even grounds with people, it's just that complicated to play. It took me weeks to really get used to it and pvp at a decent level, and even now that I just leveled to 59, I feel that I still have a lot to learn. My advice is to keep practicing your combos, figure out what works and do a hell lot of dueling and PvP to get used to the class, even if you'll end up dieng a lot. For gear, I'd upgrade your gear to TRI at least, and a shuriken will definitely help.. depending on your build/playstyle.. (I tend to be a 50/50 ish on shortsword and awakening stance so it's very important for me). AP offhand users usually make the ninja into a glass cannon playstyle, so it's probably more difficult to pull off compared to other builds, so maybe look into changing your offhand or adjusting to that playstyle . There's soo many approaches to how you can play Ninja that there's no definite cookie cutter rotations/builds really in my opinion. Just figure out what works for you or search the forum/videos for what combos people use as there are plenty of sources already.

Edited by Ruuy
50/50

Posted (edited)

Ninja is basically one of those classes that is hard mode. If you want to have a easier time in group pvp. Ninja isn't it. You'll be putting a ton effort into what classes do easily now

But if you enjoy the class stick with it :) it really is fun and satisfying to overcome with

Oh and get yourself a shuriken. Youre losing some viable cc to start combos with shortsword :o

For pvp.Something like a Quitar Shuriken is a decent start . Estique is for pve because of its raw damage scaling. It can be used for pvp, but its not fun on high evasion targets.. You'll inevitably want a Kutum or Nouver Shuriken (recommended kutum for  pvp versatility in damage, dp ,cc ignore /  nouver better ap scaling for pve,) and / or a tadd huriken if your gear is well rounded enough to take advantage of its evasion scaling (for pvp) : o  I think Rosar Shuriken can function as a cheap Kutum, but idk about its viability.

Edited by Tvvin

Posted

Coming from main 60 war, I can understand that ninja can feel weak at times compared to other classes, but rest assured ninja is well worth playing for me just for the sheer fun and satisfaction it offers with its playstyle, even at it's current state. I just love the feeling of pulling out complicated combos on people to death - something that most classes don't offer. You have to accept it takes a hell lot of time and patience to play this class, and probably decent gear too. You can't expect 1 week of playing to put you on even grounds with people, it's just that complicated to play. It took me weeks to really get used to it and pvp at a decent level, and even now that I just leveled to 59, I feel that I still have a lot to learn. My advice is to keep practicing your combos, figure out what works and do a hell lot of dueling and PvP to get used to the class, even if you'll end up dieng a lot. For gear, I'd upgrade your gear to TRI at least, and a shuriken will definitely help.. depending on your build/playstyle.. (I tend to be a 50/50 ish on shortsword and awakening stance so it's very important for me). AP offhand users usually make the ninja into a glass cannon playstyle, so it's probably more difficult to pull off compared to other builds, so maybe look into changing your offhand or adjusting to that playstyle . There's soo many approaches to how you can play Ninja that there's no definite cookie cutter rotations/builds really in my opinion. Just figure out what works for you or search the forum/videos for what combos people use as there are plenty of sources already.

All my gear is Tri just not earrings or rings. Just having problems killing rangers and zerkers/OP wizards or witches atm. They have less gear than me.

Posted

All my gear is Tri just not earrings or rings. Just having problems killing rangers and zerkers/OP wizards or witches atm. They have less gear than me.

Gotta get git gud then, normally ninja shouldn't have much problems against rangers and wizards/witches 1v1. But on a serious note here's some advice:

Block jump + grab is your friend against those guys...  if you can pull of double grab combo or even one double sinister serpent, they should die quickly, except for zerker, which will take usually a few more combos to delete. I believe every class will struggle against a decently skilled zerker 1v1, although I'd say ninja has a very high potential to kill them if you are skilled/geared enough. 

Here's some things that has worked for me that I keep in mind when dealing with those classes:

Ranger is straight forward and just avoid the grab as much as possible and always have an aggressive approach to them (always attacking/cc/grab) so they won't have an opportunity to attack you from range.

Wizard/witch is a bit different and you have to avoid their AoE spells and block jump behind them as much as possible due to the Frontal block and superarmour they have with their skills. I wouldn't advice attacking a wiz/witch head on as that usually ends up with that push back skill they use and then nuke you to death, you'd have to go behind them or stay back and engage once they finish casting a spell or see an opening.

Zerker is very tricky and the main thing I do is always avoid them when they engage with lava piercer and that punching ground attack they do. I'd then engage them once they've used those cooldowns up or if I see an opening (after they cast skills or just walking around). You also have to keep pressure on them and make sure to CC/grab them when they try to regen their health. And of course.. avoid the grab which often leads to your death. Easier said than done however :3

Main skill rotations I engage with:

Star malice + shadow stomp - Very good from engaging from afar.

Block Jump + grab or any combo  - good against block classes

Overhead stance + Silent Charge + Murderous Intent. - Nice iframe and fast unpredictable movement

Ninja step + any CC such as star malice or serpent - Nice iframe and good for getting behind people

There's so many other skills/combos that you can use to engage people with that It take me a whole while to list them. It's up to you to figure out what works for you, but those 4 main ones should give you an idea. Hopefully this helps you out.

1 person likes this

Posted

A ninja with higher gear than a ranger having a problem fighting the ranger?

I think you are playing a different game than black desert online.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hi there, I´m new to the forum. Don´t wanna be nothing close to a "troll", I don´t usually participate in this kind of conversations but I felt I need to give my humble opinion on this class since it kinda mislead new players. I play this game since day 1, and I play mmos since WoW and GW2 (both played from day 1). Sorry for my english, here comes my opinion on Ninja. 

Started Black Desert as a main Warrior, and second class as a Witch, since Ninja was not in our EU version. I was always played "rogue" type clases and I enjoy them the most. Just try to get all the good out of what you have. Want to say to new players, to Try it out, stick with it since it is not Slow at all even in Aweakening, but I have to agree you need yo swich to Preawakening more than other clases in order to be Fast and land a nice burst. 

You can adapt very well. As a warrior, I go Sausans and the main group would kick me off, I need top gear to defend my spot or always group up with others. I felt my time grinding as a warrior, a pain in the ass ( For me, that doesen´t meen everyone has to feel the same ). As a Ninja, when they come to get me out, all I can tell you for sure is that if I don´t wanna live that place, there is no way they can take me out. Concelment is the most fantastic tool I´ve enjoyed in this game, I am able to get a full burst combo on a pack of moobs, delete them and be right on the next one, and be off , safe and far away before anyoune can even touch me. By Gear and Number they can easely kill me ..... if I stay there talking ....... but hey I am a Ninja, feel like a thief, don´t give a damn if they are frendly or not. I feel this class and really enjoy. 

I have read around this forum, ninja es Slow ginding and now with awakening even more. Don´t agree, I don´t know ranger or tamer since get them only to 56 or 57 and don´t like them, but I am able to grind on pirates or sausans carring all the group, always burst down faster and kinda let them ppl back to get the loot while I am away bursting next pack. 

I just want to give my opinion on the class, not a Troll. Sorry for my english. I end up selling all my warrior and witch gear and put all my efort in my ninja. He got me the best playtime since i´ve started to play this. There may be "better" clases on X and Y, but fak that if I don´t like sorc or ranger, I wont play them only to stick with BDO...... lol. Ninja got me stuck with this game. This wat I just sit down, relax and Enjoy the game, story, grafics, pvp, PK ( PK is awesome !).

And Remember,  when you grind alone and another class get on you´re spot and try to take you out, if you are not able to defend, you got worst gear or if they are many.... you are a NINJA, you can troll them with the Concelment and stay on you´re spot, keep on grinding while escaping his atacks, you are very squishi. I have wonderfull times bursting the pack and dissapear before he get there (always look on the minimap and always turn you´re camera around while grinding !!! ). Forever Ready to Escape, and ready to go back in. That is the Idea, if they wanna get you out, they would not grind there ! Time to take the Ninja more serios right ? We can always Still them packs and dissapear. 
Try this, and I encounter 2 things:
1 - ppl don´t know to catch a ninja - they will chase you a little and let you go.....
2 - ppl would end up Switching channels - you go and still every pack before them ! 

Next time when they see a Ninja, may ask for party... ?
But normaly they came in, activate the PK and belive they can scare you out but..... Suprise ! I can play cat and mouse all day, but don´t worry they end up switching channels and let you grind you´re spot. 

Love this clase, love the "thief" style. 
Kind regards and ENJOY all clases you Feel. If not...... why are we here ? 

EDIT - I have read again and kinda seems like a troll mesage. I can tell you it´s not. I don´t like participating on forums, only read a lot. 
If you look on other clases forums, ppl always complain, always want more bufs, there is always "other OP class".
This is the reasone you will not enjoy you´re game. 
Kind regards hope this will just motivate a little . 

Regards from Spain ! :)

Edited by Shamadhi
1 person likes this

Posted

Hi there, I´m new to the forum. Don´t wanna be nothing close to a "troll", I don´t usually participate in this kind of conversations but I felt I need to give my humble opinion on this class since it kinda mislead new players. I play this game since day 1, and I play mmos since WoW and GW2 (both played from day 1). Sorry for my english, here comes my opinion on Ninja. 

Started Black Desert as a main Warrior, and second class as a Witch, since Ninja was not in our EU version. I was always played "rogue" type clases and I enjoy them the most. Just try to get all the good out of what you have. Want to say to new players, to Try it out, stick with it since it is not Slow at all even in Aweakening, but I have to agree you need yo swich to Preawakening more than other clases in order to be Fast and land a nice burst. 

You can adapt very well. As a warrior, I go Sausans and the main group would kick me off, I need top gear to defend my spot or always group up with others. I felt my time grinding as a warrior, a pain in the ass ( For me, that doesen´t meen everyone has to feel the same ). As a Ninja, when they come to get me out, all I can tell you for sure is that if I don´t wanna live that place, there is no way they can take me out. Concelment is the most fantastic tool I´ve enjoyed in this game, I am able to get a full burst combo on a pack of moobs, delete them and be right on the next one, and be off , safe and far away before anyoune can even touch me. By Gear and Number they can easely kill me ..... if I stay there talking ....... but hey I am a Ninja, feel like a thief, don´t give a damn if they are frendly or not. I feel this class and really enjoy. 

I have read around this forum, ninja es Slow ginding and now with awakening even more. Don´t agree, I don´t know ranger or tamer since get them only to 56 or 57 and don´t like them, but I am able to grind on pirates or sausans carring all the group, always burst down faster and kinda let them ppl back to get the loot while I am away bursting next pack. 

I just want to give my opinion on the class, not a Troll. Sorry for my english. I end up selling all my warrior and witch gear and put all my efort in my ninja. He got me the best playtime since i´ve started to play this. There may be "better" clases on X and Y, but fak that if I don´t like sorc or ranger, I wont play them only to stick with BDO...... lol. Ninja got me stuck with this game. This wat I just sit down, relax and Enjoy the game, story, grafics, pvp, PK ( PK is awesome !).

And Remember,  when you grind alone and another class get on you´re spot and try to take you out, if you are not able to defend, you got worst gear or if they are many.... you are a NINJA, you can troll them with the Concelment and stay on you´re spot, keep on grinding while escaping his atacks, you are very squishi. I have wonderfull times bursting the pack and dissapear before he get there (always look on the minimap and always turn you´re camera around while grinding !!! ). Forever Ready to Escape, and ready to go back in. That is the Idea, if they wanna get you out, they would not grind there ! Time to take the Ninja more serios right ? We can always Still them packs and dissapear. 
Try this, and I encounter 2 things:
1 - ppl don´t know to catch a ninja - they will chase you a little and let you go.....
2 - ppl would end up Switching channels - you go and still every pack before them ! 

Next time when they see a Ninja, may ask for party... ?
But normaly they came in, activate the PK and belive they can scare you out but..... Suprise ! I can play cat and mouse all day, but don´t worry they end up switching channels and let you grind you´re spot. 

Love this clase, love the "thief" style. 
Kind regards and ENJOY all clases you Feel. If not...... why are we here ? 

EDIT - I have read again and kinda seems like a troll mesage. I can tell you it´s not. I don´t like participating on forums, only read a lot. 
If you look on other clases forums, ppl always complain, always want more bufs, there is always "other OP class".
This is the reasone you will not enjoy you´re game. 
Kind regards hope this will just motivate a little . 

Regards from Spain ! :)

Thank you for your comment on Ninjas, I'm a new Ninja also and I almost instantly sold off my PRI shortsword and shuriken when I hit 56 and got awakening, but instead I decided to watch a ton of ninja vids, learn the combos and now I'm enjoying my Ninja more than any other characters i've made on this game.

Yes, it can be regarded as weaker than others for grinding, requiring a lot of gear, etc, but outwitting someone with your nasty combos in PvP feels SO GOOD

Posted

True ninja is very fun and is what is keeping me playing. it's just the other people that I can't ignore with personal problems of them showing off as a sorc or ranger with lower GS than me able to do so much more that gets me. Even though im 166/193/260 with no boss gear because its all broken in the bank at 14+. So it makes me want to get 59 but at the same time it doesn't because the sorc can be OP with my ap and stay at 56. Or a ranger stay at 56 and wreck with spins all day. Ninja is a very hard class to PvP with so i gave up that fact and went with just PVE until I get new hardware to prevent my combos from failing on a lag or stutter from my bad parts.

So far being the noob I am, I will stay. But still doesn't answer a very easy question by the devs... When is this class getting bug fixes because my god the awakening bug fix hasn't happened yet for both ninja and kuno. Even with reports of bugs on our kit.

Posted (edited)

True ninja is very fun and is what is keeping me playing. it's just the other people that I can't ignore with personal problems of them showing off as a sorc or ranger with lower GS than me able to do so much more that gets me. Even though im 166/193/260 with no boss gear because its all broken in the bank at 14+. So it makes me want to get 59 but at the same time it doesn't because the sorc can be OP with my ap and stay at 56. Or a ranger stay at 56 and wreck with spins all day. Ninja is a very hard class to PvP with so i gave up that fact and went with just PVE until I get new hardware to prevent my combos from failing on a lag or stutter from my bad parts.

So far being the noob I am, I will stay. But still doesn't answer a very easy question by the devs... When is this class getting bug fixes because my god the awakening bug fix hasn't happened yet for both ninja and kuno. Even with reports of bugs on our kit.

If you get your mainhand enchanted, you will be able to do enough damage to kill anyone with less than 300 DP before they are free from your CC combo, with that AP and level 58. Most likely a good deal more DP than 300, but I know for sure my 173 is enough for anyone below 300. So don't worry, if you feel low on damage then I recommend you try out a few new CC combos so you can do the damage you need.

When I say my 173 is enough for anyone with 300 or less DP, I obviously mean if they don't resist my grabs. 193 should be more than enough as long as 1 grab is not resisted. 

Edited by Sanks

Posted

If you get your mainhand enchanted, you will be able to do enough damage to kill anyone with less than 300 DP before they are free from your CC combo, with that AP and level 58. Most likely a good deal more DP than 300, but I know for sure my 173 is enough for anyone below 300. So don't worry, if you feel low on damage then I recommend you try out a few new CC combos so you can do the damage you need.

When I say my 173 is enough for anyone with 300 or less DP, I obviously mean if they don't resist my grabs. 193 should be more than enough as long as 1 grab is not resisted. 

Very true. But would you say my zarka stuck at below 15+ is reducing my hits too much?

Posted

Very true. But would you say my zarka stuck at below 15+ is reducing my hits too much?

Yes, very much yes. Your biggest source of accuracy is your main hand weapon, even when using awakening weapon attacks.

Posted

Yes, very much yes. Your biggest source of accuracy is your main hand weapon, even when using awakening weapon attacks.

Any proven thread saying AP is also from main hand over to awakening? 50%?