• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Preparing for Margoria

181 posts in this topic

Posted

Today's patch pre-loaded parts of Margoria, which means its actual release can't be too far away. It will come with some rather big additions, and here's some tips for how to prepare.

Golden Treasure Chests!

Golden treasure chests function the same way as normal treasure chests except they're much harder to find, they require golden keys, and most importantly, they have much better loot than normal chests. As far as I know, the only way to get golden keys is to exchange 100 silver keys for one golden key. So people getting lots of silver keys from fishing should consider saving them for golden keys, and people might wanna consider buying silver keys from the marketplace before the price goes up. Note that the chests are extremely rare (I've only ever been able to find one in the KR version). Stocking up like crazy on golden keys might be a mistake if you can't actually find the golden treasure chests.

And one warning, I think it's possible to use a golden key on a normal treasure chest and you never wanna do that. You'll get the same loot as with a silver key.

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/16240/ - This shows what you can get from a golden treasure chest. And um, yes, it does list cron stones unfortunately. The one chest I opened in KR gave me a small stack of hard crystal shards.

Epheria Sailboat!

This is a new ship you'll be able to craft at Epheria. It's better in every way compared to the fishing boat, and it even comes with 2 cannons! It also lasts forever, so you'll never need to craft another one from scratch. These are the materials you need:

• 20 Epheria Sailboat designs
  • 800 Standardized Timber Squares
  • 600 Steel
  • 1500 Pine Plywood
  • 300 Flax Fabric

The sailboat designs you get from a daily quest. It's an easy, short quest in Epheria where you just have to carry something, but it means it'll take at least 20 days to get the sailboat crafted.

To get steel use "heating" processing action on coal and melted iron shards. There's many nodes letting you have workers get coal and iron for you. This is the easiest material to get prepared for the ship.

You attain flax fabric by processing flax into flax cloth, and then processing flax cloth into flax fabric. You can get flax with workers at the Kamasylve Temple, Moretti Plantation, and Costa Farm nodes. This is also fairly easy to get prepared for the ship. As a side note, flax is amazing for leveling up processing skill, and if you don't already have a character with a high processing skill, you should start by working on this material.

Pine timber can be processed into pine planks, which can be processed into pine plywood. This is one of the materials which will take a lot of time. You can get pine timber with workers from the Serendia Shrine and Marie Cave nodes, and I suggest you start sending workers to those nodes as soon as possible if you wanna work on getting the ship.

Standardized timber squares you get by processing normal logs into usable scantling, and then into the timber squares. By far, this is the hardest material to prepare. There's no way to get logs by using workers, so you'll need to manually head out and cut down some trees, or buy the materials from the marketplace.

Underwater Gathering!

For the first time, it'll become possible to do gathering underwater. I'm actually not completely sure what you do with the items you get, but if you wanna start doing a lot of gathering underwater you need to find a way to actually stay underwater without having to constantly surface for air. There's 2 ways to do this:

• Yeah, you won't like this, but a cash shop costume will help tremendously. The current fish costume gives you faster swimming speed, but with Margoria we should be getting the shark costume which gives you faster swimming speed AND a boost to the amount of time you can spend underwater.
  • There's various consumables in the game temporarily increasing stamina, and how much time you can spend underwater. I wish I had a list of consumables to suggest, but hopefully someone familiar with cooking or alchemy can help me out here.

Other Stuff!

I guess it's also worth mentioning there will be an absolutely gigantic ocean to explore with various large sea monsters (can be hunted with cannnos), and there's a new port for trading to visit across the ocean. But I don't have a lot of experience with that content so I can't say much about it. I was on one sea monster hunting trip, but since I forgot potions I very quickly used the escape function and ended up on a random tiny island. I briefly tried trading to the new port, but I can't remember the distance bonus I got, but it wasn't very large. As far as I know, people still prefer trading to Valencia because of the desert buff, but maybe trading to the new port is good for people who are below master 2 in trading skill.

Here's a couple of videos I had recorded of the KR version of some of the new content:

47 people like this

Posted

I want to invest in silver keys and resell them. What are the chances of them going up in value for profit? 

Posted

I want to invest in silver keys and resell them. What are the chances of them going up in value for profit? 

what other things do u want?

@op. bad call for posting some economic part of the new patch. 

Posted

They'll definitely go up in price as golden keys will become usable for the first time. No idea how high they'll go though. I personally wouldn't invest in them for money considering you can only sell them in stacks of 10 and their price is low. So even if it's good profit, it's one big hassle.

Posted

thanks for the guide,
i just sent my lazy workers to work on nodes for materials xD

Posted

Does the new content come with a swimming overhaul? As the swimming in this game is damn awful lol.

5 people like this

Posted

@op. bad call for posting some economic part of the new patch. 

Oh noes, what will the poor kids with inside-knowledge of the korean version do if they can't gain an economical advantage over others for once (... which I'm sure they can anyway). As if the server-merge fiasco wasn't bad enough already.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up OP.

8 people like this

Posted

Thx for the guide :) I just put a worker to Serendia Temple to start gather pine timber that's the most hard thing imo it will take some time to gather enough pine timber for 1500 plywood, I have everything else already so I'll be ready by then I'm sure it will take over a month until we get this patch so there is more than enough time to prepare everything.

Posted

Elixir of Seal improves underwater breathing time. They're part of the Olvia dailies so if you've been a good life skills you should have 100's of these in storage.

I know I do.

2 people like this

Posted

Nice I guess there will be a hedgehog pet, thanks for the heads up.

Posted

The Timber squares were a huge pain for me to get a couple weeks ago. I camped basically everything that came to MP for 3 days and only got around 200. Made the rest myself by chopping wood with Kama blessing. Will be worth it tho for the boat. Now to get Master 10 trading..

Posted

thanks for the guide,
i just sent my lazy workers to work on nodes for materials xD

And they you will notice you're missing about 20000 logs your workers cannot harvest.

Posted

I briefly tried trading to the new port, but I can't remember the distance bonus I got, but it wasn't very large. As far as I know, people still prefer trading to Valencia because of the desert buff, but maybe trading to the new port is good for people who are below master 2 in trading skill.

Thanks for this nice guide!

Famme updated his crate calculator. From his Data Port Ratt <-> Calph is 126% Distance Bonus. A nice 22% buff from Calph <-> Arehaza route (standard rout for junk metal crate xp). I think the old Trent <-> Valencia rout is still best for self produced goods ( Calpheon Timber Crate @Master2 130%: 258.189 silver in Valencia vs 208.454 silver in Port Ratt (141% trade distance)). The big selling point for Trader is Trandmanager rout with high Master level (Master10!). Port Ratt trading goods are very valuable.

12.01.thumb.png.a084916e771c13a7a7240404

2 people like this

Posted

And they you will notice you're missing about 20000 logs your workers cannot harvest.

well i already noticed it ;)
i never thought to get the ship without any effort xD,
at least this could be one of the reason to play the game for more then 1h,cuz atm what i do is only take daily scrolls and wait 30min for the daily reward.

Posted

I made more calculations. One full load @25 slots stores up to 6mio silver in value (M10). This can be sold for 24,5mio.

One trip takes around 1h. This is 18,5 Mio /h. Trade goods sold in Port Ratt not included.

The question is: can i bring my Baby Elephant on the boat ? :D

Posted

Does anyone know howmany caplheon crates these ships can hold?all I have heard is that they are good for trading?

Posted

The underwater items you can gather are main;y for the extra stuff you can craft for your boat. (better sails etc.)
Also you need stuff from the bosses/hunting mobs for that.

Posted (edited)

Also can you auto path the ship?or do you have to Manuel it? so that crazy if u can get master 10 trading and you can just auto path,and get 18mil everyhour?

Edited by FluXX

Posted

Also can you auto path the ship?or do you have to Manuel it? so that crazy if u can get master 10 trading and you can just auto path,and get 18mil everyhour?

Pretty sure you can use pathfinding with the ship like anything else, but the ocean works the same way as the desert that you don't see your exact position and pathfinding is disabled. Also, there's some scary stuff which can spawn in the ocean, I'm not sure if continuously traversing it will be a risk.

And I could be remembering this wrong, but I think the open ocean has lower karma penalties.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty sure you can use pathfinding with the ship like anything else, but the ocean works the same way as the desert that you don't see your exact position and pathfinding is disabled. Also, there's some scary stuff which can spawn in the ocean, I'm not sure if continuously traversing it will be a risk.

And I could be remembering this wrong, but I think the open ocean has lower karma penalties.

Do you know if the compass will work in the ocean?  And if not will there be an ocean equivalent?  If there isn't an equivalent then how do people navigate in the ocean?

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/16012/

Posted

Do you know if the compass will work in the ocean?  And if not will there be an ocean equivalent?  If there isn't an equivalent then how do people navigate in the ocean?

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/16012/

Since there is a quest in Magoria that rewards you with a compass, it should work on the ocean as well, but I can't verify that myself right now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Another masked map region :(

Posted

Well that will be gay as shit if you can't autopath and have to sail manually.. o.O

Posted

Been hoarding mats for weeks now, have everything ready to go, I need like 150 scantling maybe or something like that left.  

Hey any idea what the material requirements for the ship accessories are?  Prepping those up would help too.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The underwater items you can gather are main;y for the extra stuff you can craft for your boat. (better sails etc.)
Also you need stuff from the bosses/hunting mobs for that.

The materials listed for the sailboat accessories on bddatabase aren't confirmed. Some require guild items which makes no sense. I was gathering items for that as well until I stumbled onto a reddit thread or video about it where someone said those mats are for the guild accessories rather than the regular ones.

Edited by Eppo