• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Preparing for Margoria

181 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

• 800 Standardized Timber Squares

are you kidding me 

Trent the day after Margoria release:

Amazon-Rainforest-Deforestation-1024x440

Edited by WastedJoker
13 people like this

Posted

The amount of log is crazy :_:

Posted

The amount of log is crazy :_:

Once you realize you level your gathering and processing like crazy not to mention the shards it isn't too bad. Even the amount of logs is not as bad as it seems. I got 600 timber squares from 19k logs, which took about 2 days of gathering every 5hrs with Kama blessing and 320 energy.

Posted

Once you realize you level your gathering and processing like crazy not to mention the shards it isn't too bad. Even the amount of logs is not as bad as it seems. I got 600 timber squares from 19k logs, which took about 2 days of gathering every 5hrs with Kama blessing and 320 energy.

Took me 40 minutes to get 500 logs using Magic Axe,Artisan 1 and 216 energy. (No kamasylve)

Maybe i was gathering the wrong place?(around Serendia Shrine)

Posted (edited)

Took me 40 minutes to get 500 logs using Magic Axe,Artisan 1 and 216 energy. (No kamasylve)

Maybe i was gathering the wrong place?(around Serendia Shrine)

I gathered everything in the Mansha/Ogre area. There's lots of pines there as well in case you still need them for plywoods

Edited by Eppo

Posted

Thanks to OP for posting this. I will be working on my sailboat from now on until the expansion.

The materials listed for the sailboat accessories on bddatabase aren't confirmed. Some require guild items which makes no sense. I was gathering items for that as well until I stumbled onto a reddit thread or video about it where someone said those mats are for the guild accessories rather than the regular ones.

Will the Epheria Boat Accessories shop be able to build those as well?

Posted

are you kidding me 

Nope, this is the sole reason that logs hss been out of stock on the MP, well not the only one but a major one at least. (EU)

Posted

does the master2 desert buff works on these items?

Yes, its works for every item thats is form outside of the desert.

Posted

I made more calculations. One full load @25 slots stores up to 6mio silver in value (M10). This can be sold for 24,5mio.

One trip takes around 1h. This is 18,5 Mio /h. Trade goods sold in Port Ratt not included.

The question is: can i bring my Baby Elephant on the boat ? :D

Trip takes 45 mins one way from Epheria to Port Ratt and back with a sail boat.  

Posted

Thx for the guide :) I just put a worker to Serendia Temple to start gather pine timber that's the most hard thing imo it will take some time to gather enough pine timber for 1500 plywood, I have everything else already so I'll be ready by then I'm sure it will take over a month until we get this patch so there is more than enough time to prepare everything.

Guess again!  Try less than 2 weeks. Quote from the announcement forum:

"Black Desert Online’s upcoming naval-focused expansion, Margoria, is set to arrive Wednesday, January 25."

Thanks to OP for posting this. I will be working on my sailboat from now on until the expansion.

Will the Epheria Boat Accessories shop be able to build those as well?

Two things. . . . .  First, Yes, the ships are built in Epheria. And two, how different are the sailboats from the Battleships?  I read all about the Battleships last week and watched several videos. They have 2 cannons, you can climb the mast, etc. Nice ships!  What about the sailboats? Do they carry more and faster maybe?

Posted

Trip takes 45 mins one way from Epheria to Port Ratt and back with a sail boat.  

Ah great this boosts silver gain to 24,6mio/h. Is it possible to bring a mount on the ship?

Posted

Today's patch pre-loaded parts of Margoria, which means its actual release can't be too far away. It will come with some rather big additions, and here's some tips for how to prepare.

Golden Treasure Chests!

Golden treasure chests function the same way as normal treasure chests except they're much harder to find, they require golden keys, and most importantly, they have much better loot than normal chests. As far as I know, the only way to get golden keys is to exchange 100 silver keys for one golden key. So people getting lots of silver keys from fishing should consider saving them for golden keys, and people might wanna consider buying silver keys from the marketplace before the price goes up. Note that the chests are extremely rare (I've only ever been able to find one in the KR version). Stocking up like crazy on golden keys might be a mistake if you can't actually find the golden treasure chests.

And one warning, I think it's possible to use a golden key on a normal treasure chest and you never wanna do that. You'll get the same loot as with a silver key.

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/16240/ - This shows what you can get from a golden treasure chest. And um, yes, it does list cron stones unfortunately. The one chest I opened in KR gave me a small stack of hard crystal shards.

Epheria Sailboat!

This is a new ship you'll be able to craft at Epheria. It's better in every way compared to the fishing boat, and it even comes with 2 cannons! It also lasts forever, so you'll never need to craft another one from scratch. These are the materials you need:

• 20 Epheria Sailboat designs
  • 600 Steel
  • 1500 Pine Plywood
  • 300 Flax Fabric

The sailboat designs you get from a daily quest. It's an easy, short quest in Epheria where you just have to carry something, but it means it'll take at least 20 days to get the sailboat crafted.

To get steel use "heating" processing action on coal and melted iron shards. There's many nodes letting you have workers get coal and iron for you. This is the easiest material to get prepared for the ship.

You attain flax fabric by processing flax into flax cloth, and then processing flax cloth into flax fabric. You can get flax with workers at the Kamasylve Temple, Moretti Plantation, and Costa Farm nodes. This is also fairly easy to get prepared for the ship. As a side note, flax is amazing for leveling up processing skill, and if you don't already have a character with a high processing skill, you should start by working on this material.

Pine timber can be processed into pine planks, which can be processed into pine plywood. This is one of the materials which will take a lot of time. You can get pine timber with workers from the Serendia Shrine and Marie Cave nodes, and I suggest you start sending workers to those nodes as soon as possible if you wanna work on getting the ship.

Standardized timber squares you get by processing normal logs into usable scantling, and then into the timber squares. By far, this is the hardest material to prepare. There's no way to get logs by using workers, so you'll need to manually head out and cut down some trees, or buy the materials from the marketplace.

Underwater Gathering!

For the first time, it'll become possible to do gathering underwater. I'm actually not completely sure what you do with the items you get, but if you wanna start doing a lot of gathering underwater you need to find a way to actually stay underwater without having to constantly surface for air. There's 2 ways to do this:

• Yeah, you won't like this, but a cash shop costume will help tremendously. The current fish costume gives you faster swimming speed, but with Margoria we should be getting the shark costume which gives you faster swimming speed AND a boost to the amount of time you can spend underwater.
  • There's various consumables in the game temporarily increasing stamina, and how much time you can spend underwater. I wish I had a list of consumables to suggest, but hopefully someone familiar with cooking or alchemy can help me out here.

Other Stuff!

I guess it's also worth mentioning there will be an absolutely gigantic ocean to explore with various large sea monsters (can be hunted with cannnos), and there's a new port for trading to visit across the ocean. But I don't have a lot of experience with that content so I can't say much about it. I was on one sea monster hunting trip, but since I forgot potions I very quickly used the escape function and ended up on a random tiny island. I briefly tried trading to the new port, but I can't remember the distance bonus I got, but it wasn't very large. As far as I know, people still prefer trading to Valencia because of the desert buff, but maybe trading to the new port is good for people who are below master 2 in trading skill.

Here's a couple of videos I had recorded of the KR version of some of the new content:

Yes I want one of these boats so bad >.>

Posted

It seems the boat accessory materials may actually be accurate, only some are mistakenly labeled as a guild item on bddatabase. I'm gonna go ahead and gather the listed mats just in case

Posted

Since there will be naval combat can the boat be destroyed and lost forever?

Posted

Since there will be naval combat can the boat be destroyed and lost forever?

The sailboat is more like a mount, with a stamina bar. Only you need a certain item to repair it I think. Not really sure.

Posted (edited)

1. Thank you SO MUCH for posting this Guide, Fluffy. I appreciate it, really do. You made it simple & Easy to understand as well. Once again thank you. :)

2. I'm so excited this ship can be repaired & can not wait to FINALLY explore the water areas, and unlock those islands & map lol.

3. Releases the 25th?  I better get to chopping, lol.

...Also after watching the 2nd video, WTF?! I Never knew There was another Huge continent up north...I really hope they open it up and build onto that more!(noticed all of the invis walls, lol)
THE CONTENT IN THIS GAME IS WONDERFULLY OVERWHELMING.
ahhhhh can't wait to get better gear so i can explore moree thingssss

Edited by Felyni

Posted

Ah great this boosts silver gain to 24,6mio/h. 

No, it doesn't.   You had said it was a 1 hour trip.  I said it is a 45 minute trip ONE WAY, so it's 1.5 hour round trip, not 1 hour.

Posted

No, it doesn't.   You had said it was a 1 hour trip.  I said it is a 45 minute trip ONE WAY, so it's 1.5 hour round trip, not 1 hour.

ah you are right :/

Posted (edited)

Finished with mats for the ship and accessories besides the new stuff in expansion... This boat better be worth it for 157m

73577fb210.png

Edited by Eppo
2 people like this

Posted

Also would anyone happen to have any information on the new Navigation skill?

Posted

Also would anyone happen to have any information on the new Navigation skill?

Apparenty you get it just by driving a fishing boat and also rafts or rowboats.

Also there is 2 versions of the accessories, green wich is bought from wharf managers and blue wich is the craftable ones made in Epheria Ship Part workshop.

Posted

Apparenty you get it just by driving a fishing boat and also rafts or rowboats.

Also there is 2 versions of the accessories, green wich is bought from wharf managers and blue wich is the craftable ones made in Epheria Ship Part workshop.

I was wondering if there were details on the Navigation skill, I heard that it gives you skills for your boat and increases speed... not sure about the speed though.

Posted

I was wondering if there were details on the Navigation skill, I heard that it gives you skills for your boat and increases speed... not sure about the speed though.

ah ok. My bad for not reading properly. All I know for certain is you level it just by driving marine vessels and to drive/sail the guild galley a certain level in navigation is needed. If you need any level in Navigation as a pre-requisite for the Epheria I don know.

One would think that having high leves in Navigation would bring certain buffs, for example, speed increase. We will have to wait and I guess.