• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Preparing for Margoria

181 posts in this topic

Posted

ah ok. My bad for not reading properly. All I know for certain is you level it just by driving marine vessels and to drive/sail the guild galley a certain level in navigation is needed. If you need any level in Navigation as a pre-requisite for the Epheria I don know.

One would think that having high leves in Navigation would bring certain buffs, for example, speed increase. We will have to wait and I guess.

My body is ready

Posted

My body is ready

Mine too. ^.^ 

The mats has been ready since mid november, collecting dust in Epheria :P

Posted

Mine too. ^.^ 

The mats has been ready since mid november, collecting dust in Epheria :P

Lol I put off the logs because lazy xD

rip me

Posted

I was wondering if there were details on the Navigation skill, I heard that it gives you skills for your boat and increases speed... not sure about the speed though.

there's a video here on youtube that shows some of the navigation skills in action (it's only the first 10 mins or so of the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuMYNVloptU

Posted

It is a good thing that those big ships can be sold in the market... so for those of us that plan to only craft one, or none at all; there is the option to keep an eye out for them in the marketplace. Winning the bidding game for them however, is another story.

Posted

So can anyone translate those skill names?  Looks like the ship also has a 5th slot for a worker or something?  Looks like a goblin face?

Posted

another useless zone...

Posted

another useless zone...

Except for the fact that you can make tens of millions per run as a trader but OK... sure... why not...

Posted (edited)

It is a good thing that those big ships can be sold in the market... so for those of us that plan to only craft one, or none at all; there is the option to keep an eye out for them in the marketplace. Winning the bidding game for them however, is another story.

I highly doubt you'll see any on the MP for a very long time. Some of the mats take huge amounts of time/effort/energy to acquire and the profit that can be made by selling is not worth it. You definitely won't see any ships the first weeks since one of the materials is a daily quest item of which you need 20. And people will want to make their own first too. You probably won't even be able to get your hands on the materials on MP after it's released let alone the actual boat.

If you really want that boat the only option is to make it yourself. The timber squares are the bottleneck here. It took me 3-4 days of chopping every 4-5h with kama blessing to get enough logs at Prof+ processing. 

Edited by Eppo

Posted (edited)

Less than 20 days.

If you do the Magoria quest chain you will get at least 2 ship plans, maybe 3. I cannot remember correctly.

Edit: http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/1501/1/

Edited by Wodur

Posted

Less than 20 days.

If you do the Magoria quest chain you will get at least 2 ship plans, maybe 3. I cannot remember correctly.

I think it was 3. But that still leaves 17 from dailies. I'm actually hoping they change it so we get more from the main questline because waiting 2 weeks will sucks but oh well

Posted

I think it was 3. But that still leaves 17 from dailies. I'm actually hoping they change it so we get more from the main questline because waiting 2 weeks will sucks but oh well

Yeah, one can only hope. ^.^

Posted (edited)

The biggest problem I see here is the weight limit you can carry, considering that if you are making lets say 20+ mill silver a run.  

Unless you can convert ingots at Port Ratt.

Edited by Zegram

Posted

The biggest problem I see here is the weight limit you can carry, considering that if you are making lets say 20+ mill silver a run.  

Unless you can convert ingots at Port Ratt.

According to KR 1st September patch there is an option added to convert silver to ingots. 

Warehouse and Exchange function added at Port Ratt NPC.

2 people like this

Posted

Anyways, I don't do trading much but here's what I'm thinking, get it as high as possible before I have my ship, preferably Master 6.  There is a medical item in Valencia that is like 100k or something like that, stock up on those, put 20 on a noble wagon, 25 on the ship, sail to Port Ratt and sell 45 of them for whatever profit that is.  Buy 45 port rat items, sail back to Vlencia, rinse and repeat.  Now I have no idea how big the distance buff would be from Valencia to Port Ratt, but I assume is pretty dang huge.  Maybe someone else can do the exact trading math on that and whatnot who has more experience with trading in general.

Posted

Anyways, I don't do trading much but here's what I'm thinking, get it as high as possible before I have my ship, preferably Master 6.  There is a medical item in Valencia that is like 100k or something like that, stock up on those, put 20 on a noble wagon, 25 on the ship, sail to Port Ratt and sell 45 of them for whatever profit that is.  Buy 45 port rat items, sail back to Vlencia, rinse and repeat.  Now I have no idea how big the distance buff would be from Valencia to Port Ratt, but I assume is pretty dang huge.  Maybe someone else can do the exact trading math on that and whatnot who has more experience with trading in general.

Sounds like a plan. But wonder how long that trip would take, Ancado- Port Ratt.?

2 hrs one way?

Posted

Sounds like a plan. But wonder how long that trip would take, Ancado- Port Ratt.?

2 hrs one way?

Well probabaly, but get the speed boost accessory, level up navigation and get the sprint skill eventually...  I dunno, maybe it can be cut down somewhat.  You would think though that it would be worth it if you are averaging like 20-30 mill a trip.

Posted (edited)

I'm gonna try to reach Master 10 since that's the highest pack requirement in Port Ratt but not sure if I can bring up the patience. Heard it takes >4h per level in early-mid Master.. I might just do it if I can stay in that mindset long enough. Should hit Master 2 tomorrow

Edited by Eppo

Posted (edited)

I'm gonna try to reach Master 10 since that's the highest pack requirement in Port Ratt but not sure if I can bring up the patience. Heard it takes >4h per level in early-mid Master.. I might just do it if I can stay in that mindset long enough. Should hit Master 2 tomorrow

Let me share my knowledge on Ocean Patch in addition to OP threads.

1. Intentionally patch was to makeway for future Guild PVP sea war in mind. Hence the hunting is oriented to Guild Craft for the best accessories.

2. Without preparation, Master 10 cant simply make money profit out of Ratt Harbor trading. Mini Elephant or wagon or horse cant go onboard ferry or Epheria SailBoat. No Stable at Ratt. Only AH and Warehouse. 

3. Note each high level Tier trade items within 50-250 LT each. Sail Boat has 5000 LT defaullt. Looks nice eh to buy all trade items and lump to Sail Boat. Hassle: You may need to buy and carry to your boat. Even you make it safe journey to mainland, your wagon or elephant can afford to carry how much LT ? New patch, overweight wagon and elephant will slow down. By that time you trade, you lost 4-5 hours trade value.

4. Once cant simply AFK sail this route > Ratt harbor ( to and from ), theres ghost ship ply on trade boat. Navigate or by pass aggressive sea monster "Nine Shark ". Probably lose give and take 30m - 1 Hours.

5. Navigation skill is as slow as Farming skill ( for comparison , maybe worse ). Need Epheria Sailboat to navigate Magoria Sea and Ross Sea in order to gain small experiences.

6. In order to ensure, your boat has good durability, navigation and powerful AP cannon, require Blue Tier Boat Accessories instead of Green Tier Boat Accs( 4- 5 Million ) sold by selected Dock / Ferry Manager. To craft Blue Tier, one require to hunt seamonster ( monster and pirate boat ) and farm Lobsters as main raw materials beside other mats. First Get all Sea Monster knowledge from NPCs in Ratt Harbor. It take 30-50 min for unskilled Hunter to kill, if your boat durability last that long from their attack. ( ensure you bought 10k a piece cannonball, buy 500 pcs) even u manage to kill it, it cant be stored in your warehouse. Need Guild warehouse, tier 4 workshop to make blue tier Accs ( only at Epheria )

7. You cant sell the Green Tier Boat Accs at AH. even though you +10 it. Only Blue Accs can be sold in AH and the price is not worth selling it. 

8. Patch will nerf player with overweight, slow down in swimming ( even though you have Fish Costume ) and if you have wild ideas of using ferry for trade. ( previous use to be able to swim like no weight at all ) 

9. Fifth slot for one contact Sailor. ( Human,giant,dwarve,goblin, each has different stat ) . Beginner Contract Sailor , Grey Tier, must get from NPC eg , NPC Bravant for Goblin Contract. To upgrade, you need reach Skilled Navigation Level and certain ocean items, and see Bravant again. and next level so on so on.) you can only equipped one sailor, you can purchase other type of Sailors.

For your eye feast. The Sea Node need to be explore in order to reveal Map. ( like desert it wont reveal where u are unless u have compass ). You can catch good Yellow tier fish in certain area ( mark it ) and fetch good price with trade. ( Not all registered in Fish Trade Manager ) No need to link the Ocean Node, just sail and reveal, to ensure the fish fetch good price. Fast fishing and lots of Ancient Shard pieces. Nada island ( where Katao give weekly Fish quests, has a node) two more islands node to link before Nada. Some node available on next patch. Hope it helps. (Map Sources from Fammes BDO, Thanks)

Ocean Node.JPG

Edited by OmahaBeach
add
1 person likes this

Posted

ur horse cant board the new boat? so we gonna have to walk around over the new content?

Posted

ur horse cant board the new boat? so we gonna have to walk around over the new content?

You can only interactive with NPCs and exploit Ratt Harbor. You cant travel to hinterland. Invisible wall surround the town. 

Posted

How does leveling the new Navigation life skill work?

Posted

Let me share my knowledge on Ocean Patch in addition to OP threads.

1. Intentionally patch was to makeway for future Guild PVP sea war in mind. Hence the hunting is oriented to Guild Craft for the best accessories.

2. Without preparation, Master 10 cant simply make money profit out of Ratt Harbor trading. Mini Elephant or wagon or horse cant go onboard ferry or Epheria SailBoat. No Stable at Ratt. Only AH and Warehouse. 

3. Note each high level Tier trade items within 50-250 LT each. Sail Boat has 5000 LT defaullt. Looks nice eh to buy all trade items and lump to Sail Boat. Hassle: You may need to buy and carry to your boat. Even you make it safe journey to mainland, your wagon or elephant can afford to carry how much LT ? New patch, overweight wagon and elephant will slow down. By that time you trade, you lost 4-5 hours trade value.

4. Once cant simply AFK sail this route > Ratt harbor ( to and from ), theres ghost ship ply on trade boat. Navigate or by pass aggressive sea monster "Nine Shark ". Probably lose give and take 30m - 1 Hours.

5. Navigation skill is as slow as Farming skill ( for comparison , maybe worse ). Need Epheria Sailboat to navigate Magoria Sea and Ross Sea in order to gain small experiences.

6. In order to ensure, your boat has good durability, navigation and powerful AP cannon, require Blue Tier Boat Accessories instead of Green Tier Boat Accs( 4- 5 Million ) sold by selected Dock / Ferry Manager. To craft Blue Tier, one require to hunt seamonster ( monster and pirate boat ) and farm Lobsters as main raw materials beside other mats. First Get all Sea Monster knowledge from NPCs in Ratt Harbor. It take 30-50 min for unskilled Hunter to kill, if your boat durability last that long from their attack. ( ensure you bought 10k a piece cannonball, buy 500 pcs) even u manage to kill it, it cant be stored in your warehouse. Need Guild warehouse, tier 4 workshop to make blue tier Accs ( only at Epheria )

7. You cant sell the Green Tier Boat Accs at AH. even though you +10 it. Only Blue Accs can be sold in AH and the price is not worth selling it. 

8. Patch will nerf player with overweight, slow down in swimming ( even though you have Fish Costume ) and if you have wild ideas of using ferry for trade. ( previous use to be able to swim like no weight at all ) 

9. Fifth slot for one contact Sailor. ( Human,giant,dwarve,goblin, each has different stat ) . Beginner Contract Sailor , Grey Tier, must get from NPC eg , NPC Bravant for Goblin Contract. To upgrade, you need reach Skilled Navigation Level and certain ocean items, and see Bravant again. and next level so on so on.) you can only equipped one sailor, you can purchase other type of Sailors.

For your eye feast. The Sea Node need to be explore in order to reveal Map. ( like desert it wont reveal where u are unless u have compass ). You can catch good Yellow tier fish in certain area ( mark it ) and fetch good price with trade. ( Not all registered in Fish Trade Manager ) No need to link the Ocean Node, just sail and reveal, to ensure the fish fetch good price. Fast fishing and lots of Ancient Shard pieces. Nada island ( where Katao give weekly Fish quests, has a node) two more islands node to link before Nada. Some node available on next patch. Hope it helps. (Map Sources from Fammes BDO, Thanks)

Ocean Node.JPG

Wich Contract sailor is the most commonly used in KR? 

How much of new crafting materials does the sea monsters drop?

If hunting sea monsters in group, all party members get loot?

Is it worth getting blue accesories when you compare how much materials they require?

Thank for any info. :)

Posted

@OmahaBeach so you cannot afk from the port,if you want to do trading?....so you have the watch the screen for 1-2 hours?to get the destination

1 person likes this

Posted

Finished with mats for the ship and accessories besides the new stuff in expansion... This boat better be worth it for 157m

73577fb210.png

I hear the boat registration alone is ~200M on marketplace. Blue accessories on top of that.