• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Processing speed with enchanted Craftman's Clothes

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Couldn't find any information when searching for this, so I did a test to figure out the benefit of enchanted craftman's clothes.

I processed 1000 fleece several times and I switched to better gear each time. My character is Master 2 in processing, but I don't know if that has any effect on speed of processing.

• No outfit: 28:54
  • +0 outfit: 26:31 (9% faster)
  • +1 outfit: 25:26 (14% faster)
  • +2 outfit: 24:01 (20% faster)
  • +2 outfit and Venecil Dress: 24:19 (16% faster)
  • +3 outfit: 24:04 (20% faster)
  • +3 outfit and Couscous food: 22:21 (29% faster)

There's always a range of randomness affecting how fast it is, but my guess is that each enchantment level makes it roughly 5% faster. And the description of the Venecil Dress is not kidding: it only has a slight effect on processing speed. Its effect wasn't even big enough to be noticeable.

As a side note, with Master 2 processing 5000 fleece resulted in exactly 2500 knitting yarn. So on average I get a bonus of +1.5 knitting yarn for each process action.

Edited by FluffyQuack
8 people like this

Posted

Processing is not getting faster. Your % chance of successfully processing is raised. But as always the good old RNG. So your determined times will change every time you do so.

Posted

Processing is not getting faster. Your % chance of successfully processing is raised. But as always the good old RNG. So your determined times will change every time you do so.

I know that it changes the success rate, but the effective result is that you end up processing faster.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

As a side note, with Master 2 processing 5000 fleece resulted in exactly 2500 knitting yarn. So on average I get a bonus of +1.5 knitting yarn for each process action.

5000 Fleece = 1000 combines.  You've reached the top tier for yield which is 2.5 average.  1000 combines x 2.5 = 2500.   Works the same way for most things.  Cooking is the same, so is alchemy.  

How many of the Fleece Fabric did you get?   For cooking you would have gotten about 250 rares.

Also... did you try using an Alchemy Stone?   Or Couscous food?  Both increase processing chance.  I'm curious at what point you basically stop gaining a benefit because you are getting nearly 100% success.  It's too bad we can't have log files of text to where you could track successes vs failed to process.

Edited by Jaradis

Posted

Also... did you try using an Alchemy Stone?   Or Couscous food?  Both increase processing chance.  I'm curious at what point you basically stop gaining a benefit because you are getting nearly 100% success.  It's too bad we can't have log files of text to where you could track successes vs failed to process.

Don't have an life alchemy stone, and I didn't even know about food helping with process. I did the test to figure out if I should go through the pain of getting a +3 outfit.

Posted

less fails = faster....

Posted

visions of gratitude praise the data

1 person likes this

Posted

Each process takes exactly 10 seconds. If you fail, then nothing happens and you wasted 10 seconds. Increasing success rate will increase process speed by not wasting those 10 seconds. We can probably calculate the success rate from the overall time taken, 10 seconds per proc, and number of procs total.

Increasing processing level will increase the average number of procs per process, from .3 at Apprentice to .5 at Artisan. Beginner and Master don't seem to have differences, but Master might proc more advanced results (like copper ingots when melting copper ore). I haven't tested the secondary procs so I'm not sure about that. 

Posted

Well, I just got a +3 craftman's outfit. It took me months of crafting hundreds of trainer's outfits to get a +3 trainer's outfit. But it took one day to get a +3 craftman's outfit since it succeeded on the first attempt. I guess that's enchanting for you.

Anyway, I might as well two more tests and add it to the list. Once with +3, and one with +3 and the Couscous food.

Posted

I wonder if processing time also varies with material. I was going to do this exact thing using ores, but things happened and my data wasn't good. It took me like 35min+ on +2 crafting and maid outfit for 1000 ores, which have the same ratio as fleece.

Posted

5000 Fleece = 1000 combines.  You've reached the top tier for yield which is 2.5 average.  1000 combines x 2.5 = 2500.   Works the same way for most things.  Cooking is the same, so is alchemy.  

How many of the Fleece Fabric did you get?   For cooking you would have gotten about 250 rares.

result will be different once you hit master 15 processing. 

Posted

result will be different once you hit master 15 processing.

What do you get at Master 15? Or is that just speculation 

Posted

Added two more results to OP. I'd have to process a larger stack of items to make the difference more noticeable, but these are good estimates what to expect.

Posted

I wonder if processing time also varies with material. I was going to do this exact thing using ores, but things happened and my data wasn't good. It took me like 35min+ on +2 crafting and maid outfit for 1000 ores, which have the same ratio as fleece.

Yeah, ores do take slightly longer : http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/93563-massive-processing-spreadsheet-analyzing-trends-in-yield-energy-use-and-time-per-process-across-material-types-from-beginner-to-master/

Posted (edited)

accurate results on the topic are not so easy to come by.

For good estimates you'll have to count every process (fail or success). The following questions arise,

• What's the baseline time for one process?
  • What materials have what baseline processing time?
  • Does Processing level affect baseline processing time?
  • Does Silver Embroidered Cloths affect baseline processing time (in a hidden way)?
  • What's the base success chance for processing?
  • How much success chance % do you get from the stat "Processing success rate level +x"? i.e. What's the effect of +(x-1) Silver Embroidered Craftsman's Clothes?
  • How does success chance% and success rate level stack with eachother and itself?

Have fun testing. I might contribute some results later, but would be nice to have more data to compare with.

Edited by lavalava

Posted

Everything except imperial trading/simple cooking/simple alchemy should be allowed to be done by workers. At a low-rate, obviously.

1 person likes this

Posted

but the effective result is that you end up processing faster.

...Not fast enough

They need to add a Version that consume energy once again but is like 2-3x faster b/c even 90%+  success rate is still like watching paint dry

1 person likes this

Posted

Couldn't find any information when searching for this, so I did a test to figure out the benefit of enchanted craftman's clothes.

I processed 1000 fleece several times and I switched to better gear each time. My character is Master 2 in processing, but I don't know if that has any effect on speed of processing.

• No outfit: 28:54
  • +0 outfit: 26:31 (9% faster)
  • +1 outfit: 25:26 (14% faster)
  • +2 outfit: 24:01 (20% faster)
  • +2 outfit and Venecil Dress: 24:19 (16% faster)
  • +3 outfit: 24:04 (20% faster)
  • +3 outfit and Couscous food: 22:21 (29% faster)

There's always a range of randomness affecting how fast it is, but my guess is that each enchantment level makes it roughly 5% faster. And the description of the Venecil Dress is not kidding: it only has a slight effect on processing speed. Its effect wasn't even big enough to be noticeable.

did u do a mistake? why is +2 outfit and venecil dress  slower than only +2 outfit ?

btw thanks for that tests. I was thinking about doing it myself before  getting a +3

Posted

did u do a mistake? why is +2 outfit and venecil dress  slower than only +2 outfit ?

btw thanks for that tests. I was thinking about doing it myself before  getting a +3

I'd have to do a larger test to make the averages more accurate. With the quantities I went with the random factor is so big it can overshadow the increase in success rates.

Posted (edited)

It's not slower I can tell you after having crafted 3000 melted tin shards with it and 3000 melted copper shards without it. I did, however, do it in a +1 with Venecil so.. I'll test again once I get +2, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a 10% decrease in time spent again.

I spent 4hrs on Tin Shards

I spent 4hrs 24min on Copper Shards

It's roughly 10% less time spent. So about +1 Processing Success Rate Level on Venecil Armor.

Edited by Ashreon