• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Balance, where is it?

198 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This game is the biggest mockery of the MMO genre, class balance is nonexistant and class changes are completely based around community feedback (and only when an entire region cries for 3 months) 

Giant players cried for buffs, using their "lack of damage" and "ability to 1v1" as the reasoning, back in may/early june

Since then their class received buffs consecutively patch after patch, they were considered the strongest class in the game pre- awakenings, and were one of the top classes with their awakening, then they received the insane heals (alongside other buffs) recently, and became the undisputed best/easiest/ most op class in BDO, winning every single player hosted 1v1 tournament in BOTH europe and North America

Last year, Pearl abyss introduced a crowd control patch which changed how the game worked, classes that relied on intricate combos mixing up several stiffness or stun modifiers were thrown into the trashcan, but for some unknown reason the grab was not affected by this change, berserker is the only class in black desert that can keep a target CCed until its death with no counter play available, when fighting other CC relient classes such as tamer or maehwa, you can use super armour, or frontal guard to prevent crowd control statuses from controlling you, however grabs penetrate those statuses.

DEc5PB0.png

in the picture above a braindead berserker does not even know that grab has NO counter play, why should he? he kills everything he fights and doesn't have to learn the mechanics of the game, even IF you play flawlessly against a berserker, you will lose UNLESS THEY make a mistake which leads them to death.

Berserkers need a rework, as removing player interaction from the game is a toxic mechanic which deters casual players from playing the game.

here is a video where a player is subjected to 20 seconds of torture as they are removed from gameplay and can only spam their potion hotkey and pray that he desyncs or the giant's game crashes.

Below is a petition, please sign it if you believe that giants need to be nerfed, this is a change that needs to happen to provide a healthy lifespan for black desert online, and a successful launch of the new 3v3 arena.

https://www.change.org/p/pearl-abyss-nerf-giants-on-black-desert-online

Edited by Phantasmagorie
29 people like this

Posted

k, tl;dr? Like , paint or something.

Posted

I miss when my combos meant something :(

Posted

now that's what I call balanced

Posted

giants remove their target from the game for up to 25 seconds at a time, you might as well go take a dump if you get grabbed because you're just going to be sitting there dying otherwise.

sign this petition

I'm not signing cuz ur bad at ur class , How does a berserker stomp on ur class ? Ur a maehwa , all you have to do is run around him till he runs out of mp/wp then poop on him hardcore.

Hate to say it but git gud. Honestly.

Come'on man , be serious , you'll only get flamed here and PA doesn't care about ur change petittion , jesus.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not signing shit cuz ur bad at ur class , How does a berserker stomp on ur class ? Ur a maehwa , all you have to do is run around him till he runs out of mp/wp then poop on him hardcore.

Hate to say it but git gud. Honestly.

Come'on man , be serious , you'll only get flamed here and PA doesn't care about ur change petittion , jesus.

He has a point though. The CC patch -----ed with balance hardcore, hence why AP is king. It used to be that you could really out skill your opponent.

Posted

He has a point though. The CC patch -----ed with balance hardcore, hence why AP is king. It used to be that you could really out skill your opponent.

ap isin't king , knowing how to play your class and play your opponent is , ofc it helps but not in all cases.

1 person likes this

Posted

It was tons worse before the CC patch.  You could mindlessly throw whatever CC you wanted at a target and keep doing KD -> KD -> KD, etc, or in the case of bladers, float.  You can still chain CCs at the moment, you just can't change the same ones.  

Also this seems more of a skill issue if someone is getting killed by any random Zerker.

2 people like this

Posted

It was tons worse before the CC patch.  You could mindlessly throw whatever CC you wanted at a target and keep doing KD -> KD -> KD, etc, or in the case of bladers, float.  You can still chain CCs at the moment, you just can't change the same ones.  

Also this seems more of a skill issue if someone is getting killed by any random Zerker.

Nah, on my valk I def can't keep people CC locked, not even those at my GS or lower. Guildmates on other classes, and on my class, have reported the same. Only time we've noticed chain CC working was when the different effects came from different characters, but not the same character.

ap isin't king , knowing how to play your class and play your opponent is , ofc it helps but not in all cases.

Lol

Posted

You actually believe that.

Which is cute i guess.

1 person likes this

Posted

This game is the biggest mockery of the MMO genre, class balance is nonexistant and class changes are completely based around community feedback (and only when an entire region cries for 3 months) 

Giant players cried for buffs, using their "lack of damage" and "ability to 1v1" as the reasoning, back in may/early june

Since then their class received buffs consecutively patch after patch, they were considered the strongest class in the game pre- awakenings, and were one of the top classes with their awakening, then they received the insane heals (alongside other buffs) recently, and became the undisputed best/easiest/ most op class in BDO, winning every single player hosted 1v1 tournament in BOTH europe and North America

Last year, Pearl abyss introduced a crowd control patch which changed how the game worked, classes that relied on intricate combos mixing up several stiffness or stun modifiers were thrown into the trashcan, but for some unknown reason the grab was not affected by this change, berserker is the only class in black desert that can keep a target CCed until its death with no counter play available, when fighting other CC relient classes such as tamer or maehwa, you can use super armour, or frontal guard to prevent crowd control statuses from controlling you, however grabs penetrate those statuses.

DEc5PB0.png

in the picture above a braindead berserker does not even know that grab has NO counter play, why should he? he kills everything he fights and doesn't have to learn the mechanics of the game, even IF you play flawlessly against a berserker, you will lose UNLESS THEY make a mistake which leads them to death.

Berserkers need a rework, as removing player interaction from the game is a toxic mechanic which deters casual players from playing the game.

here is a video where a player is subjected to 20 seconds of torture as they are removed from gameplay and can only spam their potion hotkey and pray that he desyncs or the giant's game crashes.

Below is a petition, please sign it if you believe that giants need to be nerfed, this is a change that needs to happen to provide a healthy lifespan for black desert online, and a successful launch of the new 3v3 arena.

so because u dont know how to pvp? and he is most likely outgearing you. u want to nerf him? are u a joke or some loser?

5 people like this

Posted

so because u dont know how to pvp? and he is most likely outgearing you. u want to nerf him? are u a joke or some loser?

Pls god bless this poor soul.

Posted

k bruh , keep stacking that ap ;-) 

Actually I did sign it just for shits and giggles and i suggest everyone else does too just to show op.

Posted

who cares if this trash zerker that i've killed 1v10 (me being alone and him being with 10 people) more than one time is  "PRO PVPER AND MAX GEARED"

the video there has a deeper message, it's just stupid to run up to someone and then press a button to CC chain his enemy for 20-30+ seconds in a game where you can *LITERALLY * kill TET/people who have farmed gear for months in under 1.5 second.

Problems with grab? 
> It desyncs an insane amount and people can grab you when they're not even remotely close to your screen so you can't even zone / use distance

> Magnet grab

> The concept is just dumb for awakened gameplay because of how high the damage is.

> Chain grabbing and grab engaging from SA is just ludicrous and looks like a parody if u just sit on the side and watch.

Thing with zerkers is - they have an insane amount of damage, even mediocre/non-top geared zerkers can 1combo 300+ DP targets WITHOUT USING ANY GRABS and i've seen it happen more than once,

zerkers are insanely tanky

zerkers are insanely fast

zerkers have insane healing

zerkers have the most super armor in bdo (If u dont count warrior/valk's block) 

....why the hell do they also need this many grabs like seriously? grab should be limited to <ONE> per target or limited to <TWO> grabs and it only works if your target is CCed and not if its walking around, just nerf warrior/valk's max block resource so they dont get too overpowered or remove their SA in back and problem solved

and it's not only that zerkers have 4 grabs , it's also that while a zerker is grabbing someone, they can't be CCed or Grabbed and they can also move you (so you cant position intelligently to bait them in) so theres ABSOLUTELY NO RISK for the zerk and there's ABSOLUTELY NO COUNTERPLAY to this. All other classes have limited grabs and can be interrupted/peeled in some way but not zerker. It's just unfun and stupid.

I personally am pretty tanky so most zerkers cant even outdamage my pot spam and can't do shit in 1v1 but they can still prevent me from playing the game. I join rbf to have fun and then i go 1v10 and nobody can cc me cus i evade/superarmor/block every attack then some zerker shows up and i run pre emptively and he grabs me from 10m away and teleports me in his hands and then holds me cced for 35 seconds because they also gave them free resistance penetration few patches ago, almost feels like some bad tasteless joke 

17 people like this

Posted (edited)

Balance is subjective, you think it's bad, Pearl Abyss thinks it's good. The thing people tend to forget is the only opinion that matters is Pearl Abyss because, well, they made the game.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

Balance is subjective, you think it's bad, Pearl Abyss thinks it's good. The thing people tend to forget is the only opinion that matters because, well, they made the game.

If ANet is constantly reviewing their classes for balance, PA can too

At this point not taking a serious look at balance is just, well, stupid

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you believe that zerkers are ballanced you either play one or you are just plain stupid.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by metaxa1331
4 people like this

Posted

Balance is subjective, you think it's bad, Pearl Abyss thinks it's good. The thing people tend to forget is the only opinion that matters is Pearl Abyss because, well, they made the game.

no need to get all philosophical on this 

seriously doubt that pearl abyss's lead developers do as much pvp as actual pvp players do in bdo cause you know , actual pvp players do more hours of pvp a day than most normies work a day, i also doubt that PA's devs are passionate players cause if they were - its not showing. 

There are some concepts in this game that are seriously wrong that should be reworked, and then there are bugs... *cough* tamer *cough* 

Posted

He's right though, if a zerker can grab a maewha it's because the maewha is bad.  If he gets off a heal vs a maewha the maewha is bad...so easy to interrupt with a KD

people ----- about desync but it goes both ways, I've tried to grab people knocked down in front of me only to get caught in the animation spinning around like a retard while they're wailing on the back of my head.  Even better when you grab a sorc charging grim reapers judgement and as you have them over your head they still get the attack off chunking you

as for zerkers with no gear erasing 300dp people instantly with or without grabs...lol you lost all credibility 

Posted

seriously doubt that pearl abyss's lead developers do as much pvp as actual pvp players do in bdo cause you know , actual pvp players do more hours of pvp a day than most normies work a day, i also doubt that PA's devs are passionate players cause if they were - its not showing. 

There are some concepts in this game that are seriously wrong that should be reworked, and then there are bugs... *cough* tamer *cough* 

I'm guessing you don't know that programmers build scripts to automate tests ranging from 100% optimal use of skills, to having minimal knowledge of skills and stats ranging from 1 AP/DP to the most amount of AP/DP

Posted

bro tamers need a nerf, why should they be able to pull double the mobs of everyone else

Posted

Zerkers grab CDs are too short/spammable.

Posted

Cc chain  to death,? It's  more like  1 kd  and 2 skills to death for  any  class  in the game atm.  200Ap+  broke  the game  

Posted

as for zerkers with no gear erasing 300dp people instantly with or without grabs...lol you lost all credibility 

i lost all credibility? nice joke

you just showed u cant play ur class , whos the one that lost credibility?

I'm guessing you don't know that programmers build scripts to automate tests ranging from 100% optimal use of skills, to having minimal knowledge of skills and stats ranging from 1 AP/DP to the most amount of AP/DP

so they built a script that let them see that a 250 AP witch (easily achievable) can use a single normal skill and kill a tamer 2 times over because for some reason tamers take extra damage?  unless im misunderstanding something, nice joke

this game has so many things that make you think that its undertested, like a berserker with any gear being capable of grabbing someone for over 30 seconds

eks D 

bro tamers need a nerf, why should they be able to pull double the mobs of everyone else

half of the classes in bdo have double pull , and half of the classes in bdo have better pve abilities than tamer