• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Balance, where is it?

198 posts in this topic

Posted

2 others classes ? so far there is only the Dark knight oO

Neh, its a kr game, so gambling = easy way for fake a long way to go, and easy way to milk money because they sell RNG short cut, it imho have absolutely nothing to do with development costs or so. Thoses guys milk very hard and certainly earn sh#t load of money ( otherwise they would certainly not even bother to create new """content""" )

Thoses guys are amazing at creating open world maps, story for npc - quest - mob & so, but they are just lazy and bad when it come to some game system / game settings.

Sad thing is it's easier to milk happy players than it is disgruntled players, which a simple system tweak would fix - but it would appear they are content with the current one, so meh.

Posted

I never claimed to get nothing from it :) have you seen dat ass?

Don't sell out to bat(Wo)man then, stand your ground, remain noble. -_-

Posted

Sad thing is it's easier to milk happy players than it is disgruntled players, which a simple system tweak would fix - but it would appear they are content with the current one, so meh.

yeah, they could do many "easy" thing to really improve the game ( so their buisiness model ), but they dont.

They are way too greedy, and certainly way too blinded. They really started nicely, the game still have many nice idea - very handy setting & so. But they are just progressively wasting everything in favor of a "harder" RNG, so even more easy milking.

That's what happen when money guys rule over a game.

They only capitalise on gambling addiction, so addiction in general. Instead of capitalising on player happiness. For that, thoses guys are just a shame.

Posted

yeah, they could do many "easy" thing to really improve the game ( so their buisiness model ), but they dont.

They are way too greedy, and certainly way too blinded. They really started nicely, the game still have many nice idea - very handy setting & so. But they are just progressively wasting everything in favor of a "harder" RNG, so even more easy milking.

That's what happen when money guys rule over a game.

They only capitalise on gambling addiction, so addiction in general. Instead of capitalising on player happiness. For that, thoses guys are just a shame.

At least the view is nice?

JjDAisR.jpg

Oh... wait... dem trees xD

Posted

Its so funny all says git gud to play with ur class and most of players play as warriors / ranger tank classes. Only few players play as mahewa/kuno.

Reason there is no balance at all and ppl plays only easyest and op classes right now.

just a mere coincidence that warrior/ranger were available on release and maehwa came like 3-4 months later, kuno coming out sometime around july

really makes you think huh

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This game is the biggest mockery of the MMO genre, class balance is nonexistant and class changes are completely based around community feedback (and only when an entire region cries for 3 months) 

Giant players cried for buffs, using their "lack of damage" and "ability to 1v1" as the reasoning, back in may/early june

Since then their class received buffs consecutively patch after patch, they were considered the strongest class in the game pre- awakenings, and were one of the top classes with their awakening, then they received the insane heals (alongside other buffs) recently, and became the undisputed best/easiest/ most op class in BDO, winning every single player hosted 1v1 tournament in BOTH europe and North America

Last year, Pearl abyss introduced a crowd control patch which changed how the game worked, classes that relied on intricate combos mixing up several stiffness or stun modifiers were thrown into the trashcan, but for some unknown reason the grab was not affected by this change, berserker is the only class in black desert that can keep a target CCed until its death with no counter play available, when fighting other CC relient classes such as tamer or maehwa, you can use super armour, or frontal guard to prevent crowd control statuses from controlling you, however grabs penetrate those statuses.

DEc5PB0.png

in the picture above a braindead berserker does not even know that grab has NO counter play, why should he? he kills everything he fights and doesn't have to learn the mechanics of the game, even IF you play flawlessly against a berserker, you will lose UNLESS THEY make a mistake which leads them to death.

Berserkers need a rework, as removing player interaction from the game is a toxic mechanic which deters casual players from playing the game.

here is a video where a player is subjected to 20 seconds of torture as they are removed from gameplay and can only spam their potion hotkey and pray that he desyncs or the giant's game crashes.

Below is a petition, please sign it if you believe that giants need to be nerfed, this is a change that needs to happen to provide a healthy lifespan for black desert online, and a successful launch of the new 3v3 arena.

https://www.change.org/p/pearl-abyss-nerf-giants-on-black-desert-online

stop crying and l2p maehwa!

why don´t you post the full Chat?  oh i know, it is because you flamed him really hard (he should die, is wife should die, his kids should die and so on) and the worst thing is you called him a ----- ....... 
ghtzvao5g.png

i think, the only thing PA/Kakao should do......giving people like you a perma ban!

nobody wants racists and flamer like you!

Edited by wolfsmond76
6 people like this

Posted

This game will never have balanced PvP the creators are way too -----ing retarded to balance the game in anyway shape or form, bad design decisions time and time again clearly prove this.

When you come to accept the game for it is: A life skill simulator, designed to make you part with your real world cash in the form of costumes etc... etc... (cause hey you need to look good / cool, while you pick those crops and chop those trees!) all wrapped up nicely with a slap of unbalanced PvP on the top, to keep PvP'rs pushing towards a competitive goal.

The game starts to make sense, it's just a cash grab!

The creators developer etc... etc... don't give a ----- about any of us, and if we're enjoying the game or having fun, just keep spending money on the pearl store!     

Posted

why don´t you post the full Chat?  oh i know, it is because you flamed him really hard (he should die, is wife should die, his kids should die and so on) and the worst thing is you called him a ----- ....... 
ghtzvao5g.png

i think, the only thing PA/Kakao should do......giving people like you a perma ban!

how disgusting of OP.

Still doesn't take away from the fact that zerkers are OP :P

However that screenshot is disgusting. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I know the concept of general game mechanics are hard to grabs for your feeble mind, but

HAVE YOU TRIED PRESSING V

Edited by Rohunt

Posted

I know the concept of general game mechanics are hard to grabs for your feeble mind, but

HAVE YOU TRIED PRESSING V

Doesn't always work man..... don't you know that?

Posted (edited)

Doesn't always work man..... don't you know that?

Actually, no. I don't usually PK or get PK'd. Well, I mean I've gotten attacked by it's usually by people who are red and they hit V when I grab them at it works.

Cept for this guy who was rogue and tried to attack me.
unknown.png 

He didn't come back.

Edited by Rohunt

Posted

No, grabs as a whole need reworking

Posted (edited)

This topic is full of PvErs it seems. If you're a highly mobile class/ranged class and you're allowing a zerk to grab then you are doing something wrong. However I do agree that the grab spam from zerks suck but if you had the right gear to even fight them in the first place then you wouldnt die to a chain grab.

Edited by KFC
1 person likes this

Posted

This topic is full of PvErs it seems. If you're a highly mobile class/ranged class and you're allowing a zerk to grab then you are doing something wrong. However I do agree that the grab spam from zerks suck but if you had the right gear to even fight them in the first place then you wouldnt die to a chain grab.

While it is sad he didn't avoid it, eh, still lame to die from what is essentially 1 cc.

Posted

ghtzvao5g.png

Thats easily a 24hr - couple day ban :^)

Posted

I smell a thread closed and a ban ingame , incoming Part 2 Kappa

BopJRuM.gif

One can hope.

Posted

At least the view is nice?

JjDAisR.jpg

Oh... wait... dem trees xD

lol :oxD  the graphism quality definitely need to be set higher to have a nicer view lol

Posted

ghtzvao5g.png

What a scumbag. 

Where do I go to report on your behalf? 

2 people like this

Posted

[random people that don't do pvp for shit but think they are the hot stuff and know it all and talk random crap on the forum intensifies]

think best part of these last pages is how some ninja player is asking for nerf on every class except his and he thinks he has a clue what the hell he's talking about , based on his tone and way of typing

i literally read and feel shame while doing so

Posted

If it becomes 1 dp = 1 ap, then dp builds would become the permanent meta and no one would ever die. Why? Because you can get more dp than ap. You would understand this if you'd get over the fact that you don't want to work for any gear and would actually enhance something.

Id have to respectfully disagree with that. Allow me to share my reasoning.

DP is a stat that equals Evasion+Damage reduction, the value we see on the chart sums up those values

SHeet AP is simply The amount of damage we will deal. HOWEVER, there is another value that is taken into account for our offense, Accuracy.

Accuracy is the counterpart of evasion, but not calculated on sheet ap. Honestly since we have DP being a combined stat, we should calculate AP as such as well.

220 ap + bhegs accuracy, kzarka accuracy, treebelt accuracy, red coral accuracy and kutum accuracy, im very sure we will come up with a stat that equals the DP provided by TRI boss armour/kutum

Im not sure exactly how much accuracy each provides and correct me on the values please but, arbitrarily

220+ 15 + 22 + 4 + 5 + 5 + 4 = 275. nearly 1/1 ap/dp if a little bit less.

Posted (edited)

SHeet AP is simply The amount of damage we will deal. HOWEVER, there is another value that is taken into account for our offense, Accuracy.

No, because there is 4th stat - the skill multiplier. And that is thing what make entire system completely broken. Because even 100 ap multiplied by 1000% make DP worthless.

Edited by Hekki
1 person likes this

Posted

I was going to sign (out of pity) until I saw what a ----- you are. How embarrassing... 

Posted

I would guess that Ninja's DP tanking is more about evasion?

That off-hand you see is called a ''tadd shuriken''. We can stack aton of evasion with it,yea. But I see he used a ring of cadry guardian + manos ruby

Posted

No, because there is 4th stat - the skill multiplier. And that is thing what make entire system completely broken. Because even 100 ap multiplied by 1000% make DP worthless.

true, there's also the fact that the non awakening ap affects awakening ap, our is supposed to.

Bit I was more responding to the xenons opinion that if sheet ap/dp scaled 1 to 1 we won't be able to kill any one, which I feel is wrong because technically we already have close to 1/1 scaling, just that accuracy didn't count towards sheet ap but evasion does count towards sheet dp.