• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Desert Buff?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay so I was reading around about the desert-trading-buff and I remember reading someone saying that the buff didnt apply to Arehaza Town. Now, is that real? I mean, I farm coins at Kuit Island (Pirates) and I usually trade them at Arehaza (with all the nodes connected and elixir/sute tea), but is it better if I trade them at Valencia? o:

thank you~

Posted

Okay so I was reading around about the desert-trading-buff and I remember reading someone saying that the buff didnt apply to Arehaza Town. Now, is that real? I mean, I farm coins at Kuit Island (Pirates) and I usually trade them at Arehaza (with all the nodes connected and elixir/sute tea), but is it better if I trade them at Valencia? o:

thank you~

The desert trade buff only applies to the two Valencia trade managers - *not* to Arehaza. If you're Master 2 trading or higher, you'll get far more money using the desert buff and selling in Valencia than in Arehaza. If you're not Master 2 trading, then Arehaza will give you the largest distance bonus.

Posted

The desert trade buff only applies to the two Valencia trade managers - *not* to Arehaza. If you're Master 2 trading or higher, you'll get far more money using the desert buff and selling in Valencia than in Arehaza. If you're not Master 2 trading, then Arehaza will give you the largest distance bonus.

So basically before Master 2 I gotta trade in Arehaza and I will get more money than trading in Valencia, evene if there's no desert buff? o:

Posted

A side question.

Should I save my calpheon crates and use them when I'm marter2 or should I use them now?

Posted

So basically before Master 2 I gotta trade in Arehaza and I will get more money than trading in Valencia, evene if there's no desert buff? o:

Yes. The desert trade buff is only for Master 2 and higher and you have to spend energy at some NPC to activate it.

Posted

A side question.

Should I save my calpheon crates and use them when I'm marter2 or should I use them now?

If you want to make money from trading, rather than just xp, then sell the crates in batches.

There's literally no point in the desert buff if you're going to sell thousands (or even hundreds) of crates in one go: most of your crates will sell at minimum price, because each crate you sell lowers the price for the next one. If you really want trading for the money, you need to sell your crates in small enough batches that you don't sell (too) many of them at the 80% minimum price.

Posted

If you want to make money from trading, rather than just xp, then sell the crates in batches.

There's literally no point in the desert buff if you're going to sell thousands (or even hundreds) of crates in one go: most of your crates will sell at minimum price, because each crate you sell lowers the price for the next one. If you really want trading for the money, you need to sell your crates in small enough batches that you don't sell (too) many of them at the 80% minimum price.

how many is small enough from your experience?

Posted

50-100 imo

Posted

50-100 imo

yeah, pretty much. I sell in batches of 65, because that's what my elephant can carry and still sprint; that will reduce the price to about 110%, maybe a little higher. If you sell more than 100, you'll be below 100% in sale price - at which point, you're leaving easy profit on the table.

1 person likes this

Posted

Does the desert buff/Valencia trader will be better than Margorian trader?