• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Witch or wizzard?

47 posts in this topic

Posted

A friend of mine just started playing the game and he likes the witch/wizz play style but he doesent know what to choose since their awakenings differ.

I have a witch alt so i know a bit about the gameplay with her but know close to nothing about wizzard's awakening skills, except he has a grab (and thats a major plus for pvp).

So if you guys can list some pros and cons id be very much obliged.

Ty in advance!

Posted (edited)

A friend of mine just started playing the game and he likes the witch/wizz play style but he doesent know what to choose since their awakenings differ.

I have a witch alt so i know a bit about the gameplay with her but know close to nothing about wizzard's awakening skills, except he has a grab (and thats a major plus for pvp).

Ty in advance!

The question really should be boobs or no boobs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Edited by Dalenos
1 person likes this

Posted

Don't you mean Witzard? :D 

Posted (edited)

Block vs Grab. Pick one. <--- the important one

Badass lighting guy vs Sexy water girl.

Earth and thunder vs Fire and water.

Seriously, those are the real big differences. Of course some skills change but not in a gamebreaking way so just pick one: boobs or young gandalf.

Edited by Edremis
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Go Wizard if you like mid-range combat. Go Witch if you like "more range" combat and ofc. boobs.
Wizard have grab (Q) but its hard to use and nice debuff (hard to aim). Wizard has more aggressive gamestyle.

But i like my wizard and gameplay is fun (the best is 100% BS which kills and turns players into a salt)

Edited by Luka_
2 people like this

Posted

IMO, there is a slight difference in their playstyle. Since witch can block, I consider witch to be more defensive way of gameplay, while wizard has grab and waterball knockdown and a fastforward to opponent, it's more like agressive/offensive kind of gameplay. Also one more think, wizard can one shot kill 10+ players with 100% black spirit rage like Warriors.

1 person likes this

Posted

How about  you convince  him  to play  class  that  idk... Isn't  -----ing  aids please  do it  you will make a good  deed  to the  remaining  player  base who didn't  reroll  wiz / witch  after  they  saw how you can aoe  one shot  10 people  through  super armor. 

Posted

release a class change cashshop item ffs. ppl are tired of this shit

Posted

How about  you convince  him  to play  class  that  idk... Isn't  -----ing  aids please  do it  you will make a good  deed  to the  remaining  player  base who didn't  reroll  wiz / witch  after  they  saw how you can aoe  one shot  10 people  through  super armor. 

I play the Wizards since the game came out. On awakening I was waiting and waiting was not easy. Now I'm enjoying it and enjoying myself more than before, so I recommend Wizard. If I wanted to play a simple game class, I play a warrior.

1 person likes this

Posted

Both my witch and wizard are at 57 but i chose to go with wizard as it feels more fun to me and i like the effects more. It really comes down to personal preference!

The only thing i don't like about wiz is that costumes are really bad so far!

Posted

Go Wizard if you like mid-range combat. Go Witch if you like "more range" combat

JESUS -----ING CHRIST can we please get past this, it's incredibly frustrating to see it said like 50 -----ing times every day because people can't be bothered to do any basic comparison and just parrot whatever the hell they hear.

They have the same goddamn range on every goddamn skill except for one, which is arguably longer for Wizard. Wizard even has better long-ranged damage because on the single long-range skill that they both have a near-identical version of, Wizard gets an extra just-as-long-range Flow attached to it while Witch doesn't. Either way, unless you 2-shot your target with the Ball+Bomb, they're both going to be just as close-range.

Note: My rant is not directed at you specifically Luka, I'm just so tired of having to say this.

3 people like this

Posted

JESUS -----ING CHRIST can we please get past this, it's incredibly frustrating to see it said like 50 -----ing times every day because people can't be bothered to do any basic comparison and just parrot whatever the hell they hear.

They have the same goddamn range on every goddamn skill except for one, which is arguably longer for Wizard. Wizard even has better long-ranged damage because on the single long-range skill that they both have a near-identical version of, Wizard gets an extra just-as-long-range Flow attached to it while Witch doesn't. Either way, unless you 2-shot your target with the Ball+Bomb, they're both going to be just as close-range.

Note: My rant is not directed at you specifically Luka, I'm just so tired of having to say this.

its ok my friend :) and you are right.

1 person likes this

Posted

I play the Wizards since the game came out. On awakening I was waiting and waiting was not easy. Now I'm enjoying it and enjoying myself more than before, so I recommend Wizard. If I wanted to play a simple game class, I play a warrior.

Spoiler alert, wizard is one of the simplest classes in the game :) 

Wow, someone who actually understands the classes, I'm actually kind of shocked to see someone say this on the forums... pinch me.

Posted (edited)

Go Wizard if you like mid-range combat. Go Witch if you like "more range" combat and ofc. boobs.
Wizard have grab (Q) but its hard to use and nice debuff (hard to aim). Wizard has more aggressive gamestyle.

But i like my wizard and gameplay is fun (the best is 100% BS which kills and turns players into a salt)

Exactly. Take what u like more.

Maybe i can make your decision easyer, when i post you my Witch Gif.

495DCF73B0D3FABDEEF02B214C49FA49B422E04B

Edited by JuicyJanna
4 people like this

Posted

Witch is better than wizard. There's no debating that. 

Posted

Nice b8 m8

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice b8 m8

Yet I own every wizard. Feelsgoodman

Posted (edited)

Ty in advance!

witch = heal bot.

Wizards can stun with water prison you while animation canceling a fire attack into metor or a metor into fire attack, all happens at the same time its a Insta kill for 320DP players if the wizards is around 200ap.
only class that can match that is Ranger for OP'ness.

so the question you need to ask yourself is you want to heal & steal kills OR be OP as hell.

Best part is you know kakao wont balance them to be in line with other classes because well look at ranger still able to 1-2 shot you if you are out of stamina in non awakened since release.

Edited by prymortal

Posted

I mean Fissure is straight-up broken when it comes to DPS, like really, a 3 second CD on a skill that floats and does a shitton of air damage? What the hell, no, that's ridiculous. That shit just tears through groups when you can spam it literally every other skill. Of course, Wizard does have the insane 100% for dealing with groups, but obviously that's way more situational than every 3 seconds.

But on bosses Wizard does way more damage and in 1v1 I think they have the more cohesive kit.

Posted (edited)

I mean Fissure is straight-up broken when it comes to DPS, like really, a 3 second CD on a skill that floats and does a shitton of air damage? What the hell, no, that's ridiculous. That shit just tears through groups when you can spam it literally every other skill. Of course, Wizard does have the insane 100% for dealing with groups, but obviously that's way more situational than every 3 seconds.

But on bosses Wizard does way more damage and in 1v1 I think they have the more cohesive kit.

Fissure in theory is ridiculous as you say and in PVE is fantastic. In PvP, no its actually only situational and can frequently lead to your death or lead to little to no damage on your pvp enemies.

Edited by Huntler

Posted

Wiz 100% is better than witches, but it's easy to get around since the cast time isn't as fast as witchs 100%. 1v1 vs a wizard, they still die really quick for me. Their grab is useless since I just spam block because it has no cd and takes a less than a second to cast then tele. It stacks with magical shield as well. As a witch I never have to worry about wizards. They only thing they have is their 100%. If you have to spam your 100% to kill people, your class is useless. 

Posted

Wiz 100% is better than witches, but it's easy to get around since the cast time isn't as fast as witchs 100%. 1v1 vs a wizard, they still die really quick for me. Their grab is useless since I just spam block because it has no cd and takes a less than a second to cast then tele. It stacks with magical shield as well. As a witch I never have to worry about wizards. They only thing they have is their 100%. If you have to spam your 100% to kill people, your class is useless. 

And they have the mobility potential to both get into a fight and out of a fight without waiting on any cooldowns, but sure their 100% is all they have. 

And your quote of  "their grab is useless since I spam block literally makes 0 sense".

Posted (edited)

Someone posted a nice Witch/Wizard skill comparison on Reddit. What I essentially took from it is this:

• Witches get a block while Wizards get a grab.
  • Wizards 100% does a lot more damage than witch 100%
  • Witches get DP/evasion on their 3 min cooldown buff, while Wizards get AP/accuracy on their 3 min cooldown buff.
  • Witches have shorter cooldowns on their biggest damaging skills in comparison to Wizard's biggest damaging skills.
  • Due to the grab, Wizard can pull of a slightly longer CC lock combo in PVP, but their grab is slower casting and not too dangerous on its own. 

Personally I made a witch because boobs and I don't regret the decision. The block is super convenient in PVE while I round up mobs, and I am a sucker for lightning. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

Nice b8 m8

Huntler you so fcking salty all the time.  Guess thats what happens when you make your selection based on gender.  Gotta live with those choices.

Posted

Huntler you so fcking salty all the time.  Guess thats what happens when you make your selection based on gender.  Gotta live with those choices.

Nice b8 m8

1 person likes this