• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gifting Trade Deals

133 posts in this topic

Posted

How about private shops then? 

The game's economics is built around items' prices and transactions being somewhat set in stone, and free trading would tamper with that. Honestly, no problem there, but why couldn't we open, say, something of a private stall from which a person of our choosing could purchase the item at max price?

Tax would still apply so it would not interfere with the money sink and we'd avoid the frankly rather demotivating situations, such as when you try to sell three dandelions to a person and all of them fail.

This is actually a really good idea.

Posted

Stop scamming by enable player 2 player trading!

and kill the game? Shame we can't block on the forums, huh

Posted (edited)

And kill the game in 1 second

You can't kill a dead game ;)

1. Goto http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/ignore/

2. Insert "Jojo"

3. Select the goat in autocomplete

4. Check Posts and (optional) Messages

5. Confirm with Add User

Done, now you can block on the forum

block.thumb.png.87beefb41a73e9b4783d99f7

Edited by Jojo
1 person likes this

Posted

Yet, you can.

Posted

Yet, you can.

Added a guide above

Posted

Added a guide above

I meant block. It's not that hard. lol

Posted

Player 1 wants the Item.

Player 2 has the Item

Player 1 offers 3 pets.

Player 2 accepts. 

Player 2 lists the item.

Player 1 logs on alt > different name > buys the item > Logs on main > "Man, i am sorry, i havent bought the item".

What can Player 2 do ? Nothing, literally nothing, right ?

That is why RNG bidding exists in the marketplace for a reason. Even if seller of Dandy didn't got his "promised pets and other stuff" he will still get his money from Dandy no matter who payed for it and he lost nothing but items he wanted out of greed.

As for people who keep proposing player 2 player trade that is really stupid idea to be honest. Moment that becomes a thing you will open the doors to gold sellers and scammers alike then start complaining about them. IF you really wanted to give a constructive idea instead of "gib me trade pliz" how about suggesting something well thought off such as trade to be organised so that both players trade items of equal value to one another (difficult to scam people from that kind of trade).

Posted

Please explain how P2P trading kills the game? When every major mmo from wow till now has trading+market place and cash shop yet they arent all dead but some how magically this game will crash if its done? You cant bot trading as players have to both accept exchange item both lock trade and confirm at the end 0 chance of scamming and if you set a tax rate money sink stays the same the only profit is the people who omfg want the item instead of that damn bid system where you sit on 100+million silver trying to buy a value pack and rng fail 30 items in the store LOL and have to wait later to try again. With P2P I could for example buy a valk item from somebody willing to trade it same thing max silver price+tax nobody looses its a win win the only difference is it guarantees i get the item i wanted nothing more, it doesnt deprive anyone else as they could all pm somebody to do the same or try sniping the market place.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

And all this would not happen if you could trade between players.

But this is not of interest to kakao games

Edited by Term
1 person likes this

Posted

need player trading for buying a pen dande from ebay now

Posted

Good to hear and see that Kakao is taken action on this field and it is so easy to scam people on the internet or in a game.

Posted

If someone actually does this pearls for items thing and gets scammed, it's their own fault for doing it in the first place. This is so exploitable that the risk is not worth the reward. Secondly, remove gifting. it was ok during the holidays but it should be removed as it's obviously used to scam people and the likelihood of it happening is big. 

People suggest adding trading? How about no. That will literally enable pay to win.

2 people like this

Posted

So basically... breaking more promises, I see

Posted

YOU HAVE NO HONOR!

Posted

Items and/or pearls will not be restored to the gifting player.

I remember in TERA the gm's always helped out a person that was scammed and restored everything to the victim and permanently banned the scammer. That's why it was so rare that people ever got scammed in the first place. This is just bad customer service, plain and simple.

I don't agree. What you get by promising refunds is a much higher frequency of people doing blind trades like this, getting scammed, and expecting refunds. You invest a lot of GM time into people making stupid decisions because they KNOW they can get their items back. By making sure people are aware that they WILL NOT get reimbursed, they are far less likely to take stupid risks. 

Posted

They are smart to NOT enable p2p trading. The second you do this, you have a 100% true p2w game like wow or anything else with p2p trading. This 100% enables gold sellers to sell items directly to players and thus makes it able to absolutely buy anything in the game with zero limits. The current system has p2w capped at 100m a week which is basically afk money or like 2 days of average grinding (basically it's a little boost but doesn't get you top end gear anytime soon).

You guys really need to think about repercussions when you ask for stuff. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As far as trading, what I would like to see is the ability to restrict who can buy an item when listing it on the market to either a guild or specific player. This could be facilitated through a separate NPC which does "trade bartering" between players. This enforces marketplace prices for items, which at least does a lot to prevent RMT. Of course this will still allow RMT websites to sell rare items that are hard to snipe on the market for Silver + $ so there will always be holes. 

edit: Actually now that I think of it, this would encourage RMT sites to snipe everything good off the market and attempt to control distribution through their website through P2P sales. 

Gotta remember it's these greedy people who force situations like we have in BDO. Honestly I very much prefer it as it is. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

I agree with not returning items to the victim, they KNEW they were getting involved into something against the TOS.
Anyone doing this and is THAT DUMB to do it, deserves to get scammed.

Posted

If they restore the item for the victim, there will be a lot of fake report because the victim didn't win the bid, and potentially wrong ban.

But imo, scamming is like killing someone to take their grind spot, it's the nature of the game.

Betrayal of trust, aka scamming, is happening everywhere, boss scroll, leave party and kill everyone cuz they farm too slow, dandelion box trade... 

Posted

How sweet that Kakao explained all of this to us, they successfully covered their rear ends and put responsibility into the hands of people who already lost Gifting once upon a time. But it didn't help Kashkao's bottom line, so they re-enabled it and decided to put this announcement out and left it to be abused.

But hey, as long as they covered themselves, no harm no foul to them.

And P.S. If you want to see what P2W is like, go to Aion..I mean..EB Online and see how toxic the upper tier of the community is.

Posted

Greetings Adventures,

At Kakao Games we look to promote a safe and friendly gaming environment and create a place where everyone can enjoy Black Desert Online to the fullest. Part of our policies to ensure this means we do not tolerate players scamming each other. In the past, we have dealt swiftly with several exploits and punished players harshly for in game scams. Such as deceiving players into sending out Gift Letter of Repayments.

Recently, we’ve become aware of players making deals using the gifting system to offer incentives for placing items on the market place. We would like to offer some transparency on our policies for this.

Example:

Player 1 has told Player 2 that he will gift him 1 Horse Armor Set and 2 Pets if Player 2 lists a Dandelion Longsword on the Market Place.  Player 2 requires the pearl items be sent to him before he lists the item, Player 1 agrees and sends the items.

The gifting system is intended as a way to give items to your friends or loved ones. It is not supposed to be a means to facilitate in game trading. However, since at every stage of the transaction, our normal mechanics are being used, if done honestly, we do not consider this to be a violation of the terms of use.

We want to remind you, there are multiple problems with making this kind of deal. Firstly, even if both parties do everything in their power to make it work, there is no way to be certain the intended person will receive the item from the market place. Secondly, not everyone is honest and people will try to scam you! We strongly urge you not to arrange such a deal unless you are willing to take the risk of losing all of the items involved.

Additionally, anybody caught scamming other players, will have their accounts suspended and all gains removed. This could include item deletion or even downgrading your gear.

Items and/or pearls will not be restored to the gifting player.

We hope this clears up the questions you may have had about these transactions and once again urge you to avoid risking such deals.

WHAT THE HELL IS A DANDELION LONGSWORD?!

Posted

This, whole heartedly.

One of the best ways to facilitate community in game is proper trading. Hell, put a silver tax on trades if you want t "gold sink", but it is silly to not allow player to player trading. From launch this has been a huge point of contention when trying to convince my friends to return. I can give my friend a keyboard, I can give them a chocolate bar, but I can't give them a cast off old weapon making it easier to play content with me?

I know I am wasting my time here, but Kakao, stop the potential for scamming and make a bunch of people happy here: win/win. That'd be appreciated.

Posted

WIth unlimited 7 day trial accounts now....this will flood the game with scamming....uhhh no thanks.

Posted

Super funny when you realize that every other online game I have ever played has player to player trading :) Like all of them. Warframe has over 26 million semi-to-active accounts. BDO? like 17 active accounts lol. And since BDO is basically free now there has to be another reason. Seems player trading, while not remotely responsible for the terrible state of BDO, works just fine for other games. I remember finding player to player trading being an onerous task, and being frustrated, -----ing even, because it wasn't designed well :) 

BDO sure showed me. It ruins nothing, Kakao just super wants things the way it does. Fair enough, but it isn't going to ruin anything. In fact, it would help a great deal. Lol, you just tell WoW, shite stain it is, that they were super wrong about letting players trade :) Can you imagine how much money they would have made if only they did not let you give a friend that stack of crafted leather? A billion dollar game even with this feature... just imagine if it hadn't been ruined...

No offense intended, this is a sensitive issue for some of us lol.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Super funny when you realize that every other online game I have ever played has player to player trading :) Like all of them. Warframe has over 26 million semi-to-active accounts. BDO? like 17 active accounts lol. And since BDO is basically free now there has to be another reason. Seems player trading, while not remotely responsible for the terrible state of BDO, works just fine for other games. I remember finding player to player trading being an onerous task, and being frustrated, -----ing even, because it wasn't designed well :) 

BDO sure showed me. It ruins nothing, Kakao just super wants things the way it does. Fair enough, but it isn't going to ruin anything. In fact, it would help a great deal. Lol, you just tell WoW, shite stain it is, that they were super wrong about letting players trade :) Can you imagine how much money they would have made if only they did not let you give a friend that stack of crafted leather? A billion dollar game even with this feature... just imagine if it hadn't been ruined...

No offense intended, this is a sensitive issue for some of us lol.

just be sure to stress you sarcasm when posting. Black Desert has a very decent population compared to these other games you mention, and these other games you like to claim have population are actually bots, spammers and other crap making it look like there is people.

Listen I am for Player to player --- IF ...IF------ they get rid of the free trial accounts again,

We already have hackers taking advantage of these free trial accounts to advertise they hack programs in game.

Edited by Visnja
1 person likes this