• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gifting Trade Deals

133 posts in this topic

Posted

For the ppl saying bad customer service for not compensating for scammed items in this way: first they do not condone this conduct of gifting, second there is no violation of terms of use, third by defintion of gifting it is a gift there is no scam as you were abusing the mechanic in the first place. Also Kakao real talk with me here you seem to understand this is an issue...do you not see that these are issues because there is no player to player trading? How can this be an MMORPG without interaction with other players? how is it MMO and how is it RPG? Just give us P2P trading already.

Posted

For the ppl saying bad customer service for not compensating for scammed items in this way: first they do not condone this conduct of gifting, second there is no violation of terms of use, third by defintion of gifting it is a gift there is no scam as you were abusing the mechanic in the first place. Also Kakao real talk with me here you seem to understand this is an issue...do you not see that these are issues because there is no player to player trading? How can this be an MMORPG without interaction with other players? how is it MMO and how is it RPG? Just give us P2P trading already.

i need a pen ebay dande, gimme 

Posted

If it were actually 'gifting', then it wouldn't be an issue, but it's not. It's a transaction using real life money for the expectation of something in-game related. Yes, anyone using this is ridiculously stupid as it's an rng chance they even get the item they're going for, but when real life money comes into play, it's an issue. The whole reason gifting was taken away in the first place because of the scamming going on with the gold sellers. How is this any different? Oh ,right, because Kakao sees the monetary gain from it now. Gotcha.

Posted

I don't think you should punish people who scam this way.

Punish the idiots who keep falling for it maybe then they learn

Posted

Just unrestraint player trading so I can just give away all my money and gear. I need a reason to stop playing this shit game. 

Posted

Greetings Adventures,

At Kakao Games we look to promote a safe and friendly gaming environment and create a place where everyone can enjoy Black Desert Online to the fullest. Part of our policies to ensure this means we do not tolerate players scamming each other. In the past, we have dealt swiftly with several exploits and punished players harshly for in game scams. Such as deceiving players into sending out Gift Letter of Repayments.

Recently, we’ve become aware of players making deals using the gifting system to offer incentives for placing items on the market place. We would like to offer some transparency on our policies for this.

Example:

Player 1 has told Player 2 that he will gift him 1 Horse Armor Set and 2 Pets if Player 2 lists a Dandelion Longsword on the Market Place.  Player 2 requires the pearl items be sent to him before he lists the item, Player 1 agrees and sends the items.

The gifting system is intended as a way to give items to your friends or loved ones. It is not supposed to be a means to facilitate in game trading. However, since at every stage of the transaction, our normal mechanics are being used, if done honestly, we do not consider this to be a violation of the terms of use.

We want to remind you, there are multiple problems with making this kind of deal. Firstly, even if both parties do everything in their power to make it work, there is no way to be certain the intended person will receive the item from the market place. Secondly, not everyone is honest and people will try to scam you! We strongly urge you not to arrange such a deal unless you are willing to take the risk of losing all of the items involved.

Additionally, anybody caught scamming other players, will have their accounts suspended and all gains removed. This could include item deletion or even downgrading your gear.

Items and/or pearls will not be restored to the gifting player.

We hope this clears up the questions you may have had about these transactions and once again urge you to avoid risking such deals.

So basically you make money by selling the pearl items and will not refund someone who was scammed but you will take action against a scammer. In my opinion thats a double scam by Kakao...... I say if people are stupid enough to gift pearl items for listing an item to your retarded bidding system they deserve to be scammed. Reason # 805 I no longer give any money to this shitty lying company.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Stop scamming by enable player 2 player trading!

06f.jpg

Edited by Dalenos
2 people like this

Posted

Making it easier to scam by enabling player 2 player trading!

If you look at it from another standpoint, player trading allows players to nag and trick others into giving them freebies and stuff, or trying to 'offer' goodies for nothing.

Posted

Greetings Adventures,

At Kakao Games we look to promote a safe and friendly gaming environment and create a place where everyone can enjoy Black Desert Online to the fullest. Part of our policies to ensure this means we do not tolerate players scamming each other. In the past, we have dealt swiftly with several exploits and punished players harshly for in game scams. Such as deceiving players into sending out Gift Letter of Repayments.

Recently, we’ve become aware of players making deals using the gifting system to offer incentives for placing items on the market place. We would like to offer some transparency on our policies for this.

Example:

Player 1 has told Player 2 that he will gift him 1 Horse Armor Set and 2 Pets if Player 2 lists a Dandelion Longsword on the Market Place.  Player 2 requires the pearl items be sent to him before he lists the item, Player 1 agrees and sends the items.

The gifting system is intended as a way to give items to your friends or loved ones. It is not supposed to be a means to facilitate in game trading. However, since at every stage of the transaction, our normal mechanics are being used, if done honestly, we do not consider this to be a violation of the terms of use.

We want to remind you, there are multiple problems with making this kind of deal. Firstly, even if both parties do everything in their power to make it work, there is no way to be certain the intended person will receive the item from the market place. Secondly, not everyone is honest and people will try to scam you! We strongly urge you not to arrange such a deal unless you are willing to take the risk of losing all of the items involved.

Additionally, anybody caught scamming other players, will have their accounts suspended and all gains removed. This could include item deletion or even downgrading your gear.

We hope this clears up the questions you may have had about these transactions and once again urge you to avoid risking such deals.

Dandelion longsword when?

Posted

meh i always pay half n half

Posted

Firstly, even if both parties do everything in their power to make it work, there is no way to be certain the intended person will receive the item from the market place.

I hope you look into the potential exploit report I've sent you then, because it actually seems some people know how to make sure the intended person gets it.

Posted

If you look at it from another standpoint, player trading allows players to nag and trick others into giving them freebies and stuff, or trying to 'offer' goodies for nothing.

Yes, let us not all forget that in many multiplayer games that have player-to-player trading, scamming of a different sort is just as big a problem.

1 person likes this

Posted

No.  We've seen how that goes in other games.  Finally there is a game that doesn't allow guilds to pile ten thousand dollars of gear onto a single person to make them unkillable.  Don't go ruining it.

Posted

I think the means of people saying this is if they get the item, they'll gift them something because they're generous people. 

Posted

For those not aware, there is no direct player to player trading to keep gold sellers at bay.

Posted

At Kakao Games we look to promote a safe and friendly gaming environment and create a place where everyone can enjoy Black Desert Online to the fullest.

If only! I've been playing for a mere month, and have had so many run-ins with player killers that I tense up whenever I see a white square appear on the minimap when I'm out in the wilderness (of Mediah, not even the Black Desert!). 

It may be fun for some players, but it sucks the joy out of exploring for many others. Please disable the forced PvP-mode outside of the Black Desert. If someone wants to play a consensual bout of PvP where both parties agree to the match, they can still always just ask.

Forced PvP-mode is nothing but a way to enable bullies and you know it.

Posted

If only! I've been playing for a mere month, and have had so many run-ins with player killers that I tense up whenever I see a white square appear on the minimap when I'm out in the wilderness (of Mediah, not even the Black Desert!). 

It may be fun for some players, but it sucks the joy out of exploring for many others. Please disable the forced PvP-mode outside of the Black Desert. If someone wants to play a consensual bout of PvP where both parties agree to the match, they can still always just ask.

Forced PvP-mode is nothing but a way to enable bullies and you know it.

its a pvp game dude. Nothing you say or do will grant your wish. Just gotta deal with it, its part of the game.

Posted

Tell the cops to replace the items that the thief stole.

Posted

That's entirely too logical. Can't have that.

Posted

rip williamz

3 people like this

Posted

rip williamz

can he be banned?

Posted (edited)

It's simple, since there's no trade system implement, trading through marketplace and gifting systems is just not a thing. Yes, there are players who will try to scam others to gain advantage, however the fault is of the player who accepts the trade even though they are aware there are very low chances to 1. get through the rng of the marketplace and 2. the other player being trustworthy.

Honestly the GMs are at fault here because this is a waste of time and them giving attention to this situation is a mistake. Why just not state "The marketplace and gifting systems are not meant for specific player to player trade, therefore if any of the two players gets scammed, it is their own responsibility because the trade should not happen in the first place." End of Story.

Why do we have to cause more drama and thus more players trying to get other players banned because the "victims" are not smart enough not to trust people on the internet-_-

Edited by Code

Posted (edited)

Edited by Cedan

Posted (edited)

Greetings Adventures,

Example:

This is why I really am starting to dislike BDO as a game...

I do not support scamming, but the problem here is Daum Games, and their failure to yet again allow items to be traded (Directly to other players) aka if a player wants to trade costumes or certain items to their friends, and so on they should be able to in addition to players trading directly to others, as well as the ability to trade (Cash Shop Items) until they are open to other players in the game (Directly.)

Although I don't support scamming, I rather dislike that (GM's get involved) with transactions, and threaten to ban / remove items simply because a player doesn't get the item, or gets ripped off, users are and should be more aware of this and it should be (Done at your own risk.) In addition to Daum Games making profit off scams by not returning or reverse the transactions anyways.

Over- All there should be a, Trade with this method at your own risk policy, or I would personally never do gift transactions in game but I would ask a user to get on skype, or disposable chat where there would be no proof or way a GM could legally do anything if I was a scammer its easy to do, as well as 3rd party trading sites...

So yeah there you have it, why I really do not like this game besides the rinse and repeat dailys of scrolls every week or the scroll becomes useless...

Meanwhile I am once again looking for better games.

Edited by LilithDragonFlower

Posted

I recive pearl gift and he reports me because he is mad that he failed to buy my item. Applause, good solution!!