• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gifting Trade Deals

133 posts in this topic

Posted

If they enable p2p trading I foresee all boss gears requiring pearl gifts. Not a world I want to live in.

4 people like this

Posted

If they enable p2p trading I foresee all boss gears requiring pearl gifts. Not a world I want to live in.

They already do in the sense that most posters won't post an item without being gifted pearls now. It's always an option to not deal with them but this is the new meta that KK created since it brings them more revenue.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ready to quit with this P2W 

WILLING TO GIFT FOR DANDE

Spam in wc/ch all day long

Posted

Player 2 player trading in this game would definitely end up with silver sellers.

You guys know the risks when you choose to do gifting trade deals, so if you lose that bid on that item you already paid for.. well, ouch.

Posted (edited)

Player 2 player trading in this game would definitely end up with silver sellers.

You guys know the risks when you choose to do gifting trade deals, so if you lose that bid on that item you already paid for.. well, ouch.

why not just ban trading those MP items  then? 

Edited by Kitsu289
Put gifting instead of trading rip

Posted

They already do in the sense that most posters won't post an item without being gifted pearls now. It's always an option to not deal with them but this is the new meta that KK created since it brings them more revenue.

but as it is now i at least still have a chance to get the items i want without gifting pearls. If they added p2p trading i wouldnt have that option anymore

Posted

but as it is now i at least still have a chance to get the items i want without gifting pearls. If they added p2p trading i wouldnt have that option anymore

I see your point, but I still think it'll come down to a will they/won't they situation. If more people say no then yes, it starts to burden the seller. Either way, I think this gifting is stupid. It didn't matter it was in the game before because it was an evenish playing field earlier on. And it wasn't a big deal without it. Now, they realize how much they lose by not allowing it, so the rest of us get to suffer the consequence.

Posted

i don't see why this trading is a thing in the first place.

tbh, if the player wanted to.. he could say "oh WTT nouver/dande for outfit". once someone said he wanted x dande, you could just poke your guild or friends and let them know said item comes on the marketplace. which can be done both ingame and outside. where the whole "you scammed me" will then appear and it will be ruled as either legitimate trading and bad luck for said person. Which is why they should allow 2k+ gifts to be traded with clean dandes / nouvers (in 1 to 1 trade). where upgraded can't be done. and that's simply just due to economy reasons. as someone could just give a ellion tear (or something else theres really cheap) for a tet dande (if you get the point).

But that's just my view on it and that's why i simply don't bother these WTT, despite needing hebe, dande and nouver c:

Posted (edited)

People are using a game mechanic in a way it is not intended, so it is at their own risk and it is only fair that their 'pearl' items are not refunded. They stoopid.

Remember, Kaoko do not intend to implement a P2P system, preventing gold farmers etc. I don't see anything like that ever coming in to place.

At the end of the day, if you wish to use the game mechs in a way that it is not intended, then you need to grow up if it does not go as planned.

Edited by TheLaLiLuLeLo
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

People are using a game mechanic in a way it is not intended, so it is at their own risk and it is only fair that their 'pearl' items are not refunded.

Remember, Kaoko do not intend to implement a system to prevent gold farmers etc. I don't see anything like that ever coming in to place.

At the end of the day, if you wish to use the game mechs in a way that it is not intended, then you need to grow up if it does not go as planned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3rbouMIx9E

Edited by Kyungri
2 people like this

Posted

We wouldn't have any problems with market like Guild Wars 2, where players decide prices of items.

Posted

God I love how they finally cleared this up, because I was saying this exact same thing even before they brought it up... You have to be some kind of stupid to trust anyone in the BDO community, because they are all out for themselves... Sry to say, but telling someone you will give them a Dandelion/ Kzarka/ Nouver/ Kutum for a cash item... Thats a bunch of complete bullshit... Because we all know when you get the items you want, you will just block that person and move on with your newly bought cash items, and weapon... This is one of the main reasons why they removed gifting in the first place =.=', besides gold sellers... Stop F**king up the community people... 

I am 100% certain they will soon remove the whole trade option just like in the KR version... You cant even ask for pots from a friend at bosses anymore :). You gotta either try not to die, or leave the boss and get your own pots :). 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Gifting system need to be gone for good its just doing more bad things than healthy things on market. People now only want to sell their boxes for pearls that just plain stupid.

If gifting pearls were gone people were stuck between three choices for their boxes.

1. Sell it because 90 mil is still easy money (~6-8 hours of farm)

2. Keep it to be able to try Pen

3. Keep it for reroll

I'm trying to buy a Dandelion myself so far on 5 whisper total all were about Gifting pearls before listing the minimum ammount I got was 5k pearls wich is 50€,

50€ for a 30% chance of getting it.  Are people are all dumb and rich enough to keep gifting for a 30% chance ?

(Also all were gifting first its an MMO hello how are we supposed to trust no one ?)

If a guild mate would sell me a boxes I would gift him a gift without even worrying but randoms Its never gonna happens gifting first is not an option

There is also a easy fix for people who are not listing anything (if gifting system is gone a day) just give an amount of gold on pre order for boss weapons - armor and only this item not only people would just list way more and the market would be way more alive than this..

Edited by DatSync

Posted

I honestly believe p2p trading would make the game a much better place.

Posted

yeah, people could buy dande weapons from ebay and then screw the seller with paypal :D

Posted

yeah, people could buy dande weapons from ebay and then screw the seller with paypal :D

Not sure what dande means, or what this has to do with paypal.

Posted

Gifting system need to be gone for good its just doing more bad things than healthy things on market. People now only want to sell their boxes for pearls that just plain stupid.

If gifting pearls were gone people were stuck between three choices for their boxes.

1. Sell it because 90 mil is still easy money (~6-8 hours of farm)

2. Keep it to be able to try Pen

3. Keep it for reroll

I'm trying to buy a Dandelion myself so far on 5 whisper total all were about Gifting pearls before listing the minimum ammount I got was 5k pearls wich is 50€,

50€ for a 30% chance of getting it.  Are people are all dumb and rich enough to keep gifting for a 30% chance ?

(Also all were gifting first its an MMO hello how are we supposed to trust no one ?)

If a guild mate would sell me a boxes I would gift him a gift without even worrying but randoms Its never gonna happens gifting first is not an option

There is also a easy fix for people who are not listing anything (if gifting system is gone a day) just give an amount of gold on pre order for boss weapons - armor and only this item not only people would just list way more and the market would be way more alive than this..

Indeed, I wonder how stupid can you be to fall for this ... you gift first and then you pray the item to go on pre-order and your pre-order to be highest ... 

I just ignore all these people spamming for gifts. Sooner or later they will have to sell it, if they want the money ... 

Posted (edited)

Not sure what dande means 

then i'm in serious doubt you need any kind of p2p trading at all xD

it's the short version of dandelion ;)

Edited by cann0nf0dder

Posted

Add p2p trading and the game is dead in a week with gold seller and all of this.

People don't understand how bad it will be.

Posted

Greetings Adventures,

At Kakao Games we look to promote a safe and friendly gaming environment and create a place where everyone can enjoy Black Desert Online to the fullest. Part of our policies to ensure this means we do not tolerate players scamming each other. In the past, we have dealt swiftly with several exploits and punished players harshly for in game scams. Such as deceiving players into sending out Gift Letter of Repayments.

Recently, we’ve become aware of players making deals using the gifting system to offer incentives for placing items on the market place. We would like to offer some transparency on our policies for this.

Example:

Player 1 has told Player 2 that he will gift him 1 Horse Armor Set and 2 Pets if Player 2 lists a Dandelion Longsword on the Market Place.  Player 2 requires the pearl items be sent to him before he lists the item, Player 1 agrees and sends the items.

The gifting system is intended as a way to give items to your friends or loved ones. It is not supposed to be a means to facilitate in game trading. However, since at every stage of the transaction, our normal mechanics are being used, if done honestly, we do not consider this to be a violation of the terms of use.

We want to remind you, there are multiple problems with making this kind of deal. Firstly, even if both parties do everything in their power to make it work, there is no way to be certain the intended person will receive the item from the market place. Secondly, not everyone is honest and people will try to scam you! We strongly urge you not to arrange such a deal unless you are willing to take the risk of losing all of the items involved.

Additionally, anybody caught scamming other players, will have their accounts suspended and all gains removed. This could include item deletion or even downgrading your gear.

Items and/or pearls will not be restored to the gifting player.

We hope this clears up the questions you may have had about these transactions and once again urge you to avoid risking such deals.

Can u confirm that the ban/suspension system applies to the buyer as well as the seller? (eg buyer says he will gift upon receipt, but does not - is he also subject to suspension with all gains removed?).

I agree with other posters that enabling direct player to player trades (pear item for in-game item) would make it harder for persons to abuse the system.

Please advise.

Posted

Just enable player trading, add an extra layer to the VERY shallow player interaction in this game, and find another gold sink other than the ridiculous sham of an auction house you have foolishly implemented. 

Posted

The system aint bad, just need tweaking, gifting for christmass was ok, should be removed now, pre-buying should be limited to max item price and rng on the winner

Posted

lol hf getting scammed 99 % of time.

Posted

Just limit gifting to friends and guild members (30 days on friend list or as guild member required before gifting becomes available) to discourage the current trend of "Give me pearls or I won't sell" or "I give you pearls if you sell your stuff". I find it quite strange that they only punish people in scamming cases, but when both players keep their end of the deal it is somehow ok. I mean people are paying real money for pearls to get an item or chance to get that item and I am having trouble understanding why it is allowed when RMT is forbidden.

I am the type of person who really likes it when games allow you to gift strangers and I have gifted people in other games, but here the system works more like a blackmail tool than something you do out of kindness.